Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

RIP Elmore Leonard

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:54 am

According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:22 am

He's 87. He had more than his fair 15 minutes on this planet. Time to go.

If I make it to 70/75 (haven't decided which yet, probably play it by ear), I'm having a big party, telling everyone bye, and then going off into the wild to snuff it.

Planet's overpopulated as it is, and we don't need boatloads of 87 year olds draining our socialist resources.

All 87 year olds reading this excepted, of course.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:16 am

Hikohadon wrote:He's 87. He had more than his fair 15 minutes on this planet. Time to go.

If I make it to 70/75 (haven't decided which yet, probably play it by ear), I'm having a big party, telling everyone bye, and then going off into the wild to snuff it.

Planet's overpopulated as it is, and we don't need boatloads of 87 year olds draining our socialist resources.

All 87 year olds reading this excepted, of course.

Screw everybody, I plan on seeing 100.

Given medical advances, and my general good health, I would be royally ticked off to not reach 90.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:14 am

Hikohadon wrote:He's 87. He had more than his fair 15 minutes on this planet. Time to go.

If I make it to 70/75 (haven't decided which yet, probably play it by ear), I'm having a big party, telling everyone bye, and then going off into the wild to snuff it.

Planet's overpopulated as it is, and we don't need boatloads of 87 year olds draining our socialist resources.

All 87 year olds reading this excepted, of course.


You should go with 70.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:17 pm

That's going to be Weeden's QB rating this season. Too bad you fucking love him so fucking much and want him to touch you at night.

Fucking freak.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That's going to be Weeden's QB rating this season. Too bad you fucking love him so fucking much and want him to touch you at night.

Fucking freak.


WTF IS HAPPENING? JB and Old Dawg are arguing politics in the Browns forum and now you are trying to talk football in this forum.

I'm so confused
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3697
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 pm

The truth has no forum, Matt.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:11 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That's going to be Weeden's QB rating this season. Too bad you fucking love him so fucking much and want him to touch you at night.

Fucking freak.


Image
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Seriously though, what with the quality of life you'll be living even at 70, maybe you should consider 50 as the jumping off point.

We'll miss the awesome photos with words of your choice where the film would have shown up because that's so fucking cool, but I'm thinking that you don't want to be a burden to your family after 50.

Musta been saving that one for a while because it's forced. Doesn't fit in the flow of the thread. So awesome that I see why, but not the right spot.

And it's gotta be misrepresentation and non-comprehension if it doesn't fit your argument. We know this already.

Carry on, sweetheart.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:09 pm

mattvan1 wrote:WTF IS HAPPENING? JB and Old Dawg are arguing politics in the Browns forum and now you are trying to talk football in this forum.

I'm so confused


Did you ever make any homemade pasta, you piece of shit?
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:Seriously though, what with the quality of life you'll be living even at 70, maybe you should consider 50 as the jumping off point.

We'll miss the awesome photos with words of your choice where the film would have shown up because that's so fucking cool, but I'm thinking that you don't want to be a burden to your family after 50.

Musta been saving that one for a while because it's forced. Doesn't fit in the flow of the thread. So awesome that I see why, but not the right spot.

And it's gotta be misrepresentation and non-comprehension if it doesn't fit your argument. We know this already.

Carry on, sweetheart.


A. I musta been ripped when I wrote that, since I have no recollection of making that post. I'm not even sure what my point was. Maybe the sentiment from the article that an 87 year old dying is tragic somehow? I can't defend my reasoning for going there, and acknowledge it is a mostly useless post.

B. 70 is an arbitrary number, but I stand by the concept that when people have reached a certain age where their health is deteriorating and they no longer have a proper enjoyment of life, having a big goodbye party and offing themselves the next day is a noble action for themselves and society as a whole.

C. This explanation is for the people who aren't you - you have already amply evidenced that your toxic combination of stupid, belligerent, snide, and whiny is not worth arguing with, and doubtless your continued "contribution" to this thread - indeed, any thread - will demonstrate that.

With that, I bid you all a fine day.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Hikohadon wrote:A. I musta been ripped when I wrote that, since I have no recollection of making that post. I'm not even sure what my point was. Maybe the sentiment from the article that an 87 year old dying is tragic somehow? I can't defend my reasoning for going there, and acknowledge it is a mostly useless post.

B. 70 is an arbitrary number, but I stand by the concept that when people have reached a certain age where their health is deteriorating and they no longer have a proper enjoyment of life, having a big goodbye party and offing themselves the next day is a noble action for themselves and society as a whole.

C. This explanation is for the people who aren't you - you have already amply evidenced that your toxic combination of stupid, belligerent, snide, and whiny is not worth arguing with, and doubtless your continued "contribution" to this thread - indeed, any thread - will demonstrate that.

With that, I bid you all a fine day.


A. Umm...whatever.
B. Um...okay. If you believe it then it's likely right.
C. I just don't put it in pictures like you do. You were a film student, I was a journalism student. To believe either of us is less "stupid, belligerent, snide or whiny" is mistaken. It's a different delivery mechanism.

"Fin".
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:WTF IS HAPPENING? JB and Old Dawg are arguing politics in the Browns forum and now you are trying to talk football in this forum.

I'm so confused


Did you ever make any homemade pasta, you piece of shit?


Go root for Buffalo - fuck you
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3697
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That's going to be Weeden's QB rating this season. Too bad you fucking love him so fucking much and want him to touch you at night.

Fucking freak.


Image


HUURRRR DA DURRRR I WAS TALKING TO PEEKER, NOT YOU, KNOBSHINER.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That's going to be Weeden's QB rating this season. Too bad you fucking love him so fucking much and want him to touch you at night.

Fucking freak.


Image


HUURRRR DA DURRRR I WAS TALKING TO PEEKER, NOT YOU, KNOBSHINER.


You knew that, and I knew that, but either someone didn't or someone had clip art he had to bust out post haste.

And by the way, I liked Elmore Leonard's stuff but it never rose to level of must read for me. A lot like Wambaugh's stuff: I like it, but I don't go out of my way to get it. Gotta really be in the specific mood for it IMO.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That's going to be Weeden's QB rating this season. Too bad you fucking love him so fucking much and want him to touch you at night.

Fucking freak.


Image


HUURRRR DA DURRRR I WAS TALKING TO PEEKER, NOT YOU, KNOBSHINER.


Are you sure you emphasized the correct word in that sentence?

Orson Welles is pretty sure that you did not. He's also pretty sure that, within the context of this thread, that makes you an ineptly emphasizing sonofacunt.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Orson Welles can suck my dick.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Orson Welles can suck my dick.

That would be an interesting development.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:You knew that, and I knew that, but either someone didn't or someone had clip art he had to bust out post haste.


I do have plenty of manufactured pics in reserve. I throw them together when I'm bored sometimes, like when I'm reading your takes. That particular one was inspired by a convo you and JB had last week, but I decided that posting that would just get you mad and blah blah blah it'd go on forever. And they're so childish, really. I need not stoop to such foolishness.

Image
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:You knew that, and I knew that, but either someone didn't or someone had clip art he had to bust out post haste.


I do have plenty of manufactured pics in reserve. I throw them together when I'm bored sometimes, like when I'm reading your takes. That particular one was inspired by a convo you and JB had last week, but I decided that posting that would just get you mad and blah blah blah it'd go on forever. And they're so childish, really. I need not stoop to such foolishness.

Image


God, I admire you.

I wish I'd have gone to film school. I never even considered all it could do for me. Another missed opportunity and item for the regret barrel.

Shit, I bet my iPhone pics would be well-cropped at the very least.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 am

Hey, umm, guys.

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23008

^Common ground bonding moment just waiting for you in NHB.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 am

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:You knew that, and I knew that, but either someone didn't or someone had clip art he had to bust out post haste.


I do have plenty of manufactured pics in reserve. I throw them together when I'm bored sometimes, like when I'm reading your takes. That particular one was inspired by a convo you and JB had last week, but I decided that posting that would just get you mad and blah blah blah it'd go on forever. And they're so childish, really. I need not stoop to such foolishness.

Image


God, I admire you.

I wish I'd have gone to film school. I never even considered all it could do for me. Another missed opportunity and item for the regret barrel.

Shit, I bet my iPhone pics would be well-cropped at the very least.


Just so you know, I had a total of zero computer classes at NYU. I purchased my first computer in 1997, 2 years after I graduated from there.

The heavy use of computers for both editing and effects hit right as I left. Our class edited on work prints of actual film, reel-to-reel, cut the film, tape it back together, see if the edit worked, tape the edited splice to a wall and label it with a little sticker in case you needed a frame or two later on. So we were educated in an editing system that became invalid the second we joined the workforce.

But the class after us got to use computers. They're probably really good at Paint.

And you're right, the education at least does help with iPhone pic framing.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:41 am

Yep. Long walk or bike ride from room/apartment to computer labs where there were MACs and dot-matrix printers with the shit on the side that had to be torn off and the monitors were about the size of Kindle screens.

Our generation was screwed from the start.

I remember my first: About a $900 Tandy piece of shit after we got married. It was pretty much a fucking calendar that you plugged in.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:26 am

When I got to college in fall '93, I took along a word processor. Really fancy electric one. All you had to do was write out a paper long hand and then type it in. I think the screen showed about 4 lines of text at a time. Then you would print it out and there were even a few different fonts! High tech shit right there.

The class after me all got personal laptop Compaq computers as part of their tuition. Every one of them. They were one of the first, if not the first, colleges to do that.

So yeah...I'm still a moron around computers (and everything else but mostly computers).
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:30 am

peeker643 wrote:And by the way, I liked Elmore Leonard's stuff but it never rose to level of must read for me. A lot like Wambaugh's stuff: I like it, but I don't go out of my way to get it. Gotta really be in the specific mood for it IMO.


Why the hell are you blabbering about Elmore Leonard? What does he have to do with anything in this thread?

Stay on topic asshole.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 am

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:And by the way, I liked Elmore Leonard's stuff but it never rose to level of must read for me. A lot like Wambaugh's stuff: I like it, but I don't go out of my way to get it. Gotta really be in the specific mood for it IMO.


Why the hell are you blabbering about Elmore Leonard? What does he have to do with anything in this thread?

Stay on topic asshole.


I thought the thread was set up to RIP on Elmore Leonard and each other. Did I stray to much into ripping other things?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm

motherscratcher wrote:When I got to college in fall '93, I took along a word processor. Really fancy electric one. All you had to do was write out a paper long hand and then type it in. I think the screen showed about 4 lines of text at a time. Then you would print it out and there were even a few different fonts! High tech shit right there.


Interior Dorm Room Closet, circa December 1992. Having naturally waited until the last second to write my final papers yet again, it's about 3 am and I've finally finished writing them. Now all I need to do is insert a piece of paper in my trusty Brother Word Processor, hit the Print button, and wait as it rat-a-tat-tat prints the first page one word at a time typewriter-style. I'm in the cozy confines of the closet since it makes a helluva racket and my roommates are sleeping, and I have to monitor it since it only prints one page at a time and you have to manually put a new piece of paper in the word processor and hit the Print button and wait about 3 minutes for it to finish, then do it again. And again. Etc.

Fortunately for me, I only have 4 papers - including my 132 page script for my screenwriting class - to print out. Got a 2 liter of Mt. Dew in one hand and a 40 of St. Ides in the other - hope this process is done by 9 am when they're due, I haven't slept in 2 days.

And pray that ribbon lasts and doesn't jam - even in NYC it's hard to find a printer ribbon at 3 am.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:42 pm

You ain't even made a movie yet.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You ain't even made a movie yet.


I did. I made 3 shorts, 1 of which I liked, and 1 feature, which was godawful and is now cut down to a 25 minute film that is only entertaining on hard drugs. Really, the only good thing that can be said about it is the effect with the severed head being bashed by the sledgehammer looked great.

And that will be the last one since I a) don't like directing/working with actors and b) suck at it.

Might give screenwriting another try though if I ever stop wasting all my spare time on football message boards.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Severed head and a sledgehammer? Troma inspired?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Severed head and a sledgehammer? Troma inspired?


It was somewhat along those lines, mockumentary comedy with plenty of gore, even lower budget than theirs (but a good make-up fx guy), and without even the token nudity to get distribution. Piece of crap, really, poor effort, but was told that it was fun on acid.

If I cut it down to 3 minutes, would probably be an entertaining WTF trailer.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm

You should write a movie about a house with spooky ghosts and creepy kids. You just don't see enough of those nowadays.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You should write a movie about a house with spooky ghosts and creepy kids. You just don't see enough of those nowadays.


Damn, there goes my movie about coming of age during the summer in the 70's/80's with half the cast of SNL.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 pm

How about a movie about a serial killer tennis coach? One scene he/she could even be playing a match with the worst student's severed head.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 pm

I'd like to see a movie about a guy in deep on a sports forum board who systematically starts killing off all the board members but not before stealing their log in information and posting a suicide note as that user. And there should be a day in between the note and the board member's death so as to create some suspense.

You could do a sequel about the same guy in a fantasy football league who kills off his opponents after the big dollar dues are collected.

Make it a franchise if ya like. Run with it. Have fun.

Or just do another good rom-com about a bunch of drifting apart 30-yr old friends on New Years Eve. With Matthew McConaughey and Ann Hathaway in lead roles.

One or the other.

Or maybe one where two board members have diametrically opposed views on the hometown team (or QB if you really want to stretch the imagination) and one plots the death of the other but with Inspector Clouseau kind of comedic results while the plotter's health worsens and all his attempts induce more laughter?

Too far-fetched?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:I'd like to see a movie about a guy in deep on a sports forum board who systematically starts killing off all the board members but not before stealing their log in information and posting a suicide note as that user. And there should be a day in between the note and the board member's death so as to create some suspense.

You could do a sequel about the same guy in a fantasy football league who kills off his opponents after the big dollar dues are collected.

Make it a franchise if ya like. Run with it. Have fun.



You could make him a dentist.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 pm

peeker643 wrote:I'd like to see a movie about a guy in deep on a sports forum board who systematically starts killing off all the board members but not before stealing their log in information and...


...posting as those people for years and years without telling anyone, then when there's just one guy left, he blows that guy's fucking mind with a big reveal.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 pm

There's already a movie called The Dentist, I can't watch it because I don't like teeth torture.

That and eyeballs.

Thank you, Lucio Fulci.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 am

peeker643 wrote:I'd like to see a movie about a guy in deep on a sports forum board who systematically starts killing off all the board members but not before stealing their log in information and posting a suicide note as that user. And there should be a day in between the note and the board member's death so as to create some suspense.

You could do a sequel about the same guy in a fantasy football league who kills off his opponents after the big dollar dues are collected.

Make it a franchise if ya like. Run with it. Have fun.

Or just do another good rom-com about a bunch of drifting apart 30-yr old friends on New Years Eve. With Matthew McConaughey and Ann Hathaway in lead roles.

One or the other.

Or maybe one where two board members have diametrically opposed views on the hometown team (or QB if you really want to stretch the imagination) and one plots the death of the other but with Inspector Clouseau kind of comedic results while the plotter's health worsens and all his attempts induce more laughter?

Too far-fetched?


These are all great ideas. I'll be sure to cut you in on the residuals.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:03 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There's already a movie called The Dentist, I can't watch it because I don't like teeth torture.

That and eyeballs.

Thank you, Lucio Fulci.


There's also Eversmile, New Jersey, the Sharknado of travelling dentist movies.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 am

Something tells me Moscratch has a constant loop of a particular scene from Marathon Man playing in his waiting room

Image
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 am




Hiko is probably the only person with the cinematic love and experience to know this scene. Only rivaled by the shark fighting the zombie.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:11 am

Haven't seen that in a while. I always get this in the back of my mind when I watch it:



Nothing beats zombie biting shark. Reverse Sharknado.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:26 am

If you get chance, check out Not Quite Hollywood, a wonderful documentary on the Aussie genre film scene or "Ozploitation". If you haven't already.

Quentin Tarantino is annoying during the few scenes he has.

They took it off Netflix for some dumb reason. Probably making room for Bob's Burgers or some shit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:36 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:If you get chance, check out Not Quite Hollywood, a wonderful documentary on the Aussie genre film scene or "Ozploitation". If you haven't already.

Quentin Tarantino is annoying during the few scenes he has.

They took it off Netflix for some dumb reason. Probably making room for Bob's Burgers or some shit.


Haven't seen it, and Tarantino is always annoying. He needs to stay BEHIND camera.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:If you get chance, check out Not Quite Hollywood, a wonderful documentary on the Aussie genre film scene or "Ozploitation". If you haven't already.

Quentin Tarantino is annoying during the few scenes he has.

They took it off Netflix for some dumb reason. Probably making room for Bob's Burgers or some shit.


Haven't seen it, and Tarantino is always annoying. He needs to stay BEHIND camera.


Thought he was tremendous as Jimmy in Pulp Fiction, though. I mean, anyone coulda played that part, but it worked with him probably because he's a shitty actor.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22739
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Something tells me Moscratch has a constant loop of a particular scene from Marathon Man playing in his waiting room

Image


The only problem with that scene is that eugenol isn't going to be that much of a relief to a live tooth you just drilled a hole into. It'd be like rubbing some neosporin on a zombie shark bite. "I'm OK Now! No more pain from that zombie shark bite! Thank heavens for noesporin!"
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:14 pm

I didn't like Kill Bill.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: RIP Elmore Leonard

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Germany sucks.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You


Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests