Text Size

No Holds Barred

Should we strike Syria?

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Since peeker is a Syria thread Nazi.

Should we, why or why not?

I mean most of the supporters of this current admin have built much of their talking points (the past 5 years) around the fact that the previous admin got us involved in unnecessary wars, resulting in our economic woes of today. Not that those people are completely wrong (as I'm not a big fan of our Iraq war myself).

Is anyone really naive enough to think striking Syria or going into Syria won't keep us entrenched "over there" for another 5-10 just perpetuating our unnecessary spending on that part of the globe via MIC?

How is this not just SSDD? <---- rhetorical
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Fire a couple cruize missels, drone a couple drops where you think the chemical weapons are and walk away.

The acme of stupidity would be getting involved.
End game is probably installing a pro-Islamic regeme anyway. Dumb, da dumb, dumb, dumb.

"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:25 pm

It just seems like a moment when we can avoid a huge problem. Just dropping bombs might not be as simple as it sounds. WHat if Syria counterstrikes our destroyers? What if Israel gets attacked. What if chemical weapons are used in a wider scope.

One thing I heard, that I liked a lot, was the idea of the US behind the scenes urging Russia and China to call for 'talks'. Obama needs cover to not attack, with his red-line doctrine.

If we do move forward toward an attack, another take I like is to make sure Assad has a way out. Perhaps he'd grab at a chance to save face too. Anyway, if he is gone, like jb says, sinister elements will take his place- which we would be on record as helping (al Quaida??). Wouldn't seem smart to put Assad in a position of having nothing to lose.

Anyway, I do not like the prospect of a Clinton-like strike that just expresses U.S. disapproval. If we bomb, there should be a strategic reason eg. taking out Assad's air power (if that is a worthy goal).
User avatar
googleeph2
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am
Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 pm

jb wrote:Fire a couple cruize missels, drone a couple drops where you think the chemical weapons are and walk away.

The acme of stupidity would be getting involved.
End game is probably installing a pro-Islamic regeme anyway. Dumb, da dumb, dumb, dumb.

"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


Drones require someone's Article 5 participation unless Americans were amongst those killed. I agree you're in line with what'll happen, but some Arab partner will need to be actively involved. As opposed to many of them hoping like hell the US bombs them and then shrieks 'Infidels!!!' afterward.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Just send the drone dorks to their stations and unleash the Hellfire. Then the chAir Force can come in and patrol the skies while the FSA fight their way to Damascus.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Countless reasons why we should not.

I can't come up with one well thought-out reason why we should. You could argue that Assad is a dangerous tyrant and you would be right but who's going to replace him? In this case the devil we know is probably better than the devil who will replace him.

Could also argue that thousands of people are being killed over there and we need to stop it. Problem there is if we start military strikes even more people will probably be killed and some of them will be our own. No thanks.
____________________________________________________________________________

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:38 pm

So, Obama is going to bomb Syria and help the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda

Makes sense to me.... ::doh::

Dumb Ass-in-Chief has his foot stuck in his mouth, is going to attack without the consent of Congress or the UN and all the Leftists are A-OK with that?

:loadof:
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:49 pm

I think (and hope!) that even Obama isn't dumb enough to do this.

As a center-right republican I am also not happy with the BS on Fox and other conservative news outlets which are pushing him down this path either. Obama's chemcial weapons ultimatum was not smart but it sucks that Fox and co are trying to use this for political gain vs what is best for the country. Quite typical these days but highly disgusting.
____________________________________________________________________________

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:52 pm

jb wrote:"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


This is incredible.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:Fire a couple cruize missels, drone a couple drops where you think the chemical weapons are and walk away.

The acme of stupidity would be getting involved.
End game is probably installing a pro-Islamic regeme anyway. Dumb, da dumb, dumb, dumb.

"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


Drones require someone's Article 5 participation unless Americans were amongst those killed. I agree you're in line with what'll happen, but some Arab partner will need to be actively involved. As opposed to many of them hoping like hell the US bombs them and then shrieks 'Infidels!!!' afterward.



Saudi Arabia under the sham of the Arab Leage is always good for that BS. The military needs a lil $ugar. Everyone wins. Sarcasm.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:06 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
jb wrote:"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


This is incredible.


I'm a dying breed of nationalist. Not one more dollar. Not one more life.

They can sort it out. Or keep killing each other. They're good at it. Whatever.

Arab Spring. Chortle.

If that lack of empathy offends, oh well.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:55 am

^^^ right on JB
____________________________________________________________________________

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 am

jb wrote: Not one more dollar. Not one more life.


This is pretty much where I'm at. Let the UN deal.

I'd rather increase our military budget and and keep our forces well-trained and stocked to the gills with Batman shit than waste lives and gross sums of money in another desert hole.

Fuck 'em and feed 'em beans.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:14 am

LMFAO

The hypocrisy of liberals has no end...

You all elected this Turd-in-Chief and have been making excuses for him and his incompetence for 5 yrs...support him

::doh::

The guys been a fucking disaster since Day 1 and the worst is still to come...

Have China do it.....on credit, of course
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 am

Poor, old grumpy FMB......

Image
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:34 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:LMFAO

The hypocrisy of liberals has no end...

You all elected this Turd-in-Chief and have been making excuses for him and his incompetence for 5 yrs...support him

::doh::

The guys been a fucking disaster since Day 1 and the worst is still to come...

Have China do it.....on credit, of course


Ur trying to suck this into a Fixed Noise Show so bad to get rocks off you don't even make sense.

What about my take ain't nothin if not straight up John Birch meets old man Taft?

Roll another blunt, put a smile on your face, get on your bike & start the long weekend early along the shore or maybe the northern Allegheny river mountains. I'm not going down ur get nasty rabbit hole for partisan jollies. If Barry wants to be as stupid as W the he can slag off, too. But POTUSMcCain would have landed 3 divisions in May.

Get some fresh air & enjoy.

Not one more dollar not one more life.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 am

That's it?

That's all you got?

A sample pic of your doll collection?
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 am

jb wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:
jb wrote:"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


This is incredible.


I'm a dying breed of nationalist. Not one more dollar. Not one more life.

They can sort it out. Or keep killing each other. They're good at it. Whatever.

Arab Spring. Chortle.

If that lack of empathy offends, oh well.


I think he was referring to the creative rap rip off ;-)
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:04 am

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:
jb wrote:"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


This is incredible.


I'm a dying breed of nationalist. Not one more dollar. Not one more life.

They can sort it out. Or keep killing each other. They're good at it. Whatever.

Arab Spring. Chortle.

If that lack of empathy offends, oh well.


I think he was referring to the creative rap rip off ;-)


Yes, he was.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 am

skatingtripods wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:
jb wrote:"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


This is incredible.


I'm a dying breed of nationalist. Not one more dollar. Not one more life.

They can sort it out. Or keep killing each other. They're good at it. Whatever.

Arab Spring. Chortle.

If that lack of empathy offends, oh well.


I think he was referring to the creative rap rip off ;-)


Yes, he was.



Ah. I savvy now
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:29 am

Fascinating how Al Gore, Hollywood actors, have learned to speak in 'chirping crickets' since 2008.
User avatar
googleeph2
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am
Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:33 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:That's it?

That's all you got?

A sample pic of your doll collection?


Well your dumb post was really not worth much more of an effort.

That painting is you.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Well here we go. I have little appetite for this.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/exp ... tml?page=1

Why aren't Russia and China calling for some sort of diplomacy? Do they really want us to refrain from an attack?
User avatar
googleeph2
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am
Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Russia and Iran are still sending military aide to the Assad regime. I don't think there's anything they'd like to see more than us getting involved in another quagmire.

The Arab League wants our help.

Well........ fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk you.

Clean up your own neighborhood.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:49 pm

A rare moment when I'm lock step with JB, not a single cent more, not a single life more.

Create a 1-800 # they can call us for advice on how to get out of their stone age ass lifestyle, $99/minute.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:54 pm

I did not know they had AK-47s and nerve gas in the stone age.

Clever bastards.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Russia and Iran are still sending military aide to the Assad regime. I don't think there's anything they'd like to see more than us getting involved in another quagmire.

The Arab League wants our help.

Well........ fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk you.

Clean up your own neighborhood.


That would be fine and dandy, if POTUS had not said

“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” the president said a year ago last week. “That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”

so he's painted himself into a corner - too much force and you risk a complete mess, don't act and you look weak.

My bet? Johnny Football was punished more than anything the US will do to Syria. Obama finds a loophole - violation of international law, lack of allied support, the Saudis said no, whatever - to do nothing. Or some type of dumbassed "no fly zone".
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Send in Hans Blix.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 pm

mattvan1 wrote:so he's painted himself into a corner...don't act and you look weak.


Like when he set his personal debt-ceiling deadline about a week prior to the actual deadline, the expiration of which he promised would lead to him frowning strenuously in the GOP's general direction?

Or when he told Vlad that the Rooskies harboring Snowden would make him very, very, very, very, very unhappy and he might as a result (DUN DUN DUN DUN) not visit him?

Or when he already backed off on his Syria red-line talk, because the prior instances of chemical weapons use didn't kill enough people or something?

Old hat, mayn.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:so he's painted himself into a corner...don't act and you look weak.


Like when he set his personal debt-ceiling deadline about a week prior to the actual deadline, the expiration of which he promised would lead to him frowning strenuously in the GOP's general direction?

Or when he told Vlad that the Rooskies harboring Snowden would make him very, very, very, very, very unhappy and he might as a result (DUN DUN DUN DUN) not visit him?

Or when he already backed off on his Syria red-line talk, because the prior instances of chemical weapons use didn't kill enough people or something?

Old hat, mayn.


I was trying not to turn this into an Obama-bashing thread. You know, rally round our leader in times of hardship and all that.

Or was that rally round the family with a pocket full of shells?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:05 pm

You're too old to quote Rage matt.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Its Obama vs the world

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08 ... s-hurdles/

No input from congress

No input from the UN

No support of the American people... assumption but, I'll take book on it

More promises for more attacks

Well played Mr President!

Is that better?

Seriously, how can this topic/monumental current event, not be political or subject to President bashing when all the above is true?

Someone please name one logical tactical advantage to be gained from 2 days of bombing

The fact is you can't...this is total politics and he shoulda kept his naïve mouth shut both here and in Egypt

This Man of Vision is blind as a bat and quite honestly not been held accountable to even one of the many major fuck ups during his tour and deserves the highest criticism
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Aside from matt trying to drop Rage this thread blows, fwiw.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:You're too old to quote Rage matt.


Bullshit. Matt's right in the wheelhouse. You're too young to be quoting Rage.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Russia and Iran are still sending military aide to the Assad regime. I don't think there's anything they'd like to see more than us getting involved in another quagmire.

The Arab League wants our help.

Well........ fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk you.

Clean up your own neighborhood.


That would be fine and dandy, if POTUS had not said

“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” the president said a year ago last week. “That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”

so he's painted himself into a corner - too much force and you risk a complete mess, don't act and you look weak.

My bet? Johnny Football was punished more than anything the US will do to Syria. Obama finds a loophole - violation of international law, lack of allied support, the Saudis said no, whatever - to do nothing. Or some type of dumbassed "no fly zone".


I do that shit with my kid all the time. It's frustrating as hell, and with two teenage daughters Barry's dumb ass should have known better. He's got to figure out a way to give Assad a time out without fucking up his own day.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:You're too old to quote Rage matt.


Bullshit. Matt's right in the wheelhouse. You're too young to be quoting Rage.


Matty Toes says gracias.

Besides, their first album dropped over 20 years ago. I'm not that fucking old. ;-) ;) :wink:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:06 am

So it's just your posts that make you come across as 55+?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:49 am

e0y2e3 wrote:So it's just your posts that make you come across as 55+?


Touché :cheers:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:34 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Its Bush vs the world

No input from congress

No input from the UN

No support of the American people... assumption but, I'll take book on it

More promises for more attacks

Well played Mr President!

Is that better?

Seriously, how can this topic/monumental current event, not be political or subject to President bashing when all the above is true?

Someone please name one logical tactical advantage to be gained from 2 days of bombing

The fact is you can't...this is total politics and he shoulda kept his naïve mouth shut both here and in Egypt

This Man of Vision is blind as a bat and quite honestly not been held accountable to even one of the many major fuck ups during his tour and deserves the highest criticism


Amazing how changing the name = SSDD.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:45 am

Interesting. BP must be dancing in the streets of Soho with this news:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... BD20130830
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 am

Erie Warrior wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Its Bush vs the world

No input from congress

No input from the UN

No support of the American people... assumption but, I'll take book on it

More promises for more attacks

Well played Mr President!

Is that better?

Seriously, how can this topic/monumental current event, not be political or subject to President bashing when all the above is true?

Someone please name one logical tactical advantage to be gained from 2 days of bombing

The fact is you can't...this is total politics and he shoulda kept his naïve mouth shut both here and in Egypt

This Man of Vision is blind as a bat and quite honestly not been held accountable to even one of the many major fuck ups during his tour and deserves the highest criticism


Amazing how changing the name = SSDD.



Wow...I haven't seen a shank like that since the first time I used a sand wedge when I was 10

I don't come here often enuff to know the guy so your quote is pretty much wasted on me

I'll just put you in the CDT column of deversion and still making excuses for the Community Organizer-in-Chief
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:58 am

gotribe31 wrote:Interesting. BP must be dancing in the streets of Soho with this news:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... BD20130830


Wow.

Lonelier and lonelier.

I could never be President. I'd say something inflammatory about my country's people or the people of the world on an hourly basis.

Pretty good chance that Assad was provoked while reading The Arab Fan boards ;-) ;) :wink:

Although, we'd get to the isolationist stage real quick applying my 95% rule.

What's the opposite of "Speak softly and carry a big stick"? Because BO is pretty much on it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Wow...I haven't seen a shank like that since the first time I used a sand wedge when I was 10


Take a longer look at his post, FMB. He wasn't taking a shot at you, you Death Valley Glory Hole. : )
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:54 am

HoodooMan wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Wow...I haven't seen a shank like that since the first time I used a sand wedge when I was 10


Take a longer look at his post, FMB. He wasn't taking a shot at you, you Death Valley Glory Hole. : )


How I saw it as well. More of an opinion on regardless of administration nothing much changes.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:15 pm

I'll just put you in the CDT column of deversion and still making excuses for the Community Organizer-in-Chief


Yes, the guy I didn't even bother to vote for last time.

Show me where I made any excuses for him.

How I saw it as well. More of an opinion on regardless of administration nothing much changes.


Wasn't really hard to get, was it?

Maybe for the elderly among us "SSDD" is just the new high fangled video game machine all the kids want for Christmas.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Should we strike Syria?

No.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby General » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 pm

No.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
User avatar
General
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Pensacola
Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:54 pm

peeker643 wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:Interesting. BP must be dancing in the streets of Soho with this news:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... BD20130830



I could never be President. I'd say something inflammatory about my country's people or the people of the world on an hourly basis.


Yes. That's the only reason you could never be president.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:58 pm

I'd vote for him for congress. Just so I could to DC and follow Mitch McConnell around in a turtle costume.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Should we strike Syria?

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm

jb wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:
jb wrote:"If you're getting gassed by your dictator I feel bad for you, son.
I got 99 problems but Syria ain't one."


This is incredible.


I'm a dying breed of nationalist. Not one more dollar. Not one more life.

They can sort it out. Or keep killing each other. They're good at it. Whatever.

Arab Spring. Chortle.

If that lack of empathy offends, oh well.


As far apart as we are on some things I agree with this 100%. We have no immediate interest and where is our benefit. We can handle the "what if" scenarios as they come...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Next

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest