Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Fantasy trade offer

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Fantasy trade offer

Unread postby Spin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm in a tough fantasy league (most of us have been in it 15+ years). Typical Yahoo scoring, no PPR. I missed the draft working over, and got Romo and Shaub as QB's. I got Chris Johnson, AP, Ivory, and Redman as RB's. I have a trade offer for Tom Brady for Chris Johnson straight up.

Brady is 36, is declining, and has shit for receivers this year.

But... Tony Romo???

I have solid receivers (Garcon, Jones, Smith, Tate) but is that enough to carry Brady or Romo/Johnson. There's Locker, Manuel, Flynn, Fitzpatrick on the waiver wire. And the two championships I won in this league were with waiver wire QB's.

I'm thinking no deal. But wanted to bounce it off someone else.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Fantasy trade offer

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Don't do it. Brady won't be that much better than Romo, and CJ could have a huge year now that the Titans beefed up their O line. This guy obviously feels the same, thus the offer of a seemingly "elite" fantasy QB.

RB's will always be way more valuable than QB's, since you can pick up a decent waiver QB but any RB you pick up will likely be worth less than a dead rat in a hot dog factory.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL