Text Size

College Sports Arena

2014 Recruiting

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: 2014 Recruiting

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 am

I just went to 11W for the first time in ages to look up the Blake Thomas thread.

This was the first post I saw:

"YOU WOULD THINK THE COACHING STAFF IS PUSHING EXTRA HARD FOR THOMAS HOLLEY NOW..."

' With Donovan Munger out for the season it will take a few years for him to get be into game-shape, Billy Price moving to OL, and Bosa projecting as an DE, that means the only underclassmen DTs we currently have are Michael Hill and Tommy Schutt. Dylan Thompson could potentially grow into a DT, but for now, wouldn't we absolutely need at least one true DT in the 2014 class?"

FWIW: Munger's OL tape from last year crapped on Billy Prices...
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 pm

New Rivals 100 drops two recent OSU commits into the top 50: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... /rank-3235

Top 250 tomorrow.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Per another:

From the current listing, looks like we have a good shot at having 9 players ranked in the top 100....Not bad.

I got...
Locks:
#18 McMillan
#32 Webb
#35 Knox
#44 Samuel
#50 Holmes
#54 Lattimore
#71 Booker

Then we will most likely land 2 of the following guys:
#11 Prince
#24 Thomas
#26 Smith
#38 Mama
#67 Holly

Possible Flips (not likely, but coaching changes could lead to this):
#23 Watson
#80 Heard

I'll set the over/under at 8.5 for R100 players when it's said and done. I'll take the over, I'd bet we end with 10...Urban bats at too high of a percentage considering how many guys seriously considered us. Going to be 1 or 2 flips somewhere, and we're in the top 5 for a lot of prospects in the R100.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Of course I agree with your locks and that we get AT LEAST 2 off that list below it. I am guessing 3 and probably some random dude that we had not even heard was considering OSU. Meyer is just that good in Dec and Jan.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3mlUGNYtYPg#t=53

Almost all of the talk I've seen about him, has him playing safety. Has anyone heard about him possibly playing receiver in college? I'm just looking at alternatives, if we don't end up with Noah Brown, although I'm sure Coach Meyer has it covered. I'd love to land him regardless of his position.

Also, thoughts on Lonnie Johnson in college? More potential at WR or Safety?
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 am

Naw, he's done multiple interviews all saying the same thing: Urban sees him as an athlete and that is why he is interested.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Just had a nice 30-minute phone conversation with Bill Greene for a front page piece on recruiting. We chatted about 2013, 2014, a little about 2015, and a very little bit about (Danny Clark) 2017.

Not sure when that will go up...a few hours of transcribing the recording awaits me and I'm leaving town for a few days, but it was all stuff that I'm sure will interest you guys, (even if it doesn't contain a whole lot of new information for recruitniks like e0 and Furls.)
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 am

I believe we have a shot at JUJU when he commits. Until then, I will remain skeptical.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:21 am

Kyle Berger blew out his knee last night. MRI today. Looked bad.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby furls » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:38 am

That is what they are saying on BN$ too. Hopefully it is "just" an ACL. Since they are waiting on an MRI it is probably not a catastrophic, career ender. The way they are cranking out ACLs now, he could be ready for spring if he was an early enrollee.

Can't help but feel bad for a kid losing his Sr. year. By next year everyone will have forgotten about how awesome that kid is (until the camp reports start). 40+ TFL in NEO? Doesn't get any better than that.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:44 am

AJ Hawk type situation except Hawk didn't have all the summer camps leading up to the year to up his value.

Seems like the same type of prospect.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Terry McLaurin's first game of his senior year.... 8 catches for 235 yards and 2 TDs. He also had another TD in the return game and had a second Punt return for a TD called back (and another reception for a TD called back too). Kid's team lost 42-28. WOW!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:27 am

furls wrote:That is what they are saying on BN$ too. Hopefully it is "just" an ACL. Since they are waiting on an MRI it is probably not a catastrophic, career ender. The way they are cranking out ACLs now, he could be ready for spring if he was an early enrollee.

Can't help but feel bad for a kid losing his Sr. year. By next year everyone will have forgotten about how awesome that kid is (until the camp reports start). 40+ TFL in NEO? Doesn't get any better than that.

Update on Kyle:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/09/ohio_state_verbal_commitment_k.html

Berger knows for sure that he has torn his ACL, and when he returns to the doctor for another MRI at the end of the week, he’ll find out if the same will be said about his meniscus, MCL and LCL.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:04 am

Assuming a Noah Brown commitment next week is a done deal and OSU has their big WR.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:58 pm

There a 2017 thread yet Furls?

What to make of this kid from Massillon washington at QB?
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Danny Clark...the freshman QB at Massillon.

Talked to Bill Greene about him before the season started. BG says he has all the tools...but it's too early to start projecting him as a big time prospect. He's a legit 6'3, 200 as a 9th grader...also a southpaw. Said it's hard to imagine there's a kid anywhere in the country with a better 7th or 8th grade YouTube highlight video...hah!

And he's all Buckeye. 11W had a piece on him recently...sounds like his dad has his head on straight, and so the kid does too.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/08/2 ... anny-clark
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:49 pm

RE: Danny Clark...Just saw this on ESPN...(not an Insider)

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecr ... t?id=12694

danwismar

Unread postby furls » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:36 pm

I guess I could make a thread for 2017 for Danny Clark. Kid is for real. Word on the street is that if he is offered he will commit on the spot.

I guess we could make a 2016 thread for Nick Bosa (Joey's little brother) too.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Noah Brown committed to Ohio State today. He becomes the "Big Receiver" that I thought this class really needed. I think the next most pressing need in the class is a tackle (offensive or defensive, I don't care). Seriously, I would probably prefer another OT, either Mavety or Prince (one can dream right?).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:04 pm

furls wrote:I guess I could make a thread for 2017 for Danny Clark. Kid is for real. Word on the street is that if he is offered he will commit on the spot.

It's more than word on the street. Kid has been quoted as saying "If I get an OSU offer my recruitment is over."

I think that helps Meyer take his time as they don't want to get a commit this early from a kid when they usually ony take one per class. Too high of a risk if he doesn't pan out.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby furls » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:48 pm

neoleo wrote:
furls wrote:I guess I could make a thread for 2017 for Danny Clark. Kid is for real. Word on the street is that if he is offered he will commit on the spot.

It's more than word on the street. Kid has been quoted as saying "If I get an OSU offer my recruitment is over."

I think that helps Meyer take his time as they don't want to get a commit this early from a kid when they usually ony take one per class. Too high of a risk if he doesn't pan out.

I agree. At this point OSU can just seriously "date" Danny Clark, no reason to purpose marriage. They just need to show him a lot of affection during this year or two.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby ole uncle charle » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Has the LBJ stunt had any noticable effect?
ole uncle charle

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Wasn't really a stunt, he shows up at least once a year to an OSU event.

And the recruits were impressed and a ton of high ranking kids were blown away. That said it's real early in the official visit process so max commits in the near future is one or two.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:56 pm

So far it's been confirmed Ohio State helped themselves a TON with the top 30 player in the country, safety JuJu Smith, a top player in WR Travis Rudolph and we are still awaiting word on a top 150 WR.

All in all the weekend was great and Smith and Rudolph were two kids no one thought OSU had a shot with before the visit. Pulling Vonn Bell and JuJu Smith in back to back classes would be absurd.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Gesicki bumped to #1 2014 TE according to BN$/247.

Checks with Meyer cancelling/delaying Luatua's visit to ensure that Gesicki was the only TE there on 28 September.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:34 pm

He's been the number one TE on OSU's board since he camped this summer. That's pretty damn impressive. Kid not only earned an offer but jumped to the top of his position (and they need a TE now with Blake Thomas gone).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:18 pm

And now he's declared for Penn State.

So no TE?
jb

Unread postby furls » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 am

There is another kid, Goolsby that they were recruiting before.

Can't blame the kid for going to a team that FEATURES his position. At OSU, TE is a guy that we throw the ball to when we are bored. It is unfortunate, but I wish him the best of luck 11 games per year.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:51 am

I'm just shocked. Shocked, I tell you, that the budding Big 10 power in his own home state wasn't even a consideration. Truly un fathomable given the nature of the reputation of Rutgers and all the credibility they bring to the Big 10.

I also suppose the siren song of "you could be the next Aaron Hernandez" has lost some cache for Urbs.

BTW, NJ HSFB is at a far higher level than I think many Midwesterners realize. Past few years thruve had multiple teams destroy, I mean blow out, top Ohio catholic programs. If RU ever could tap that...
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:10 am

I'm not sure they need a TE in this class anyway, given the numbers. Hubbard could end up there, and they are redshirting a huge talent in this year's true freshman Marcus Baugh. Meanwhile current starters Heuerman and Vannett are juniors. Not a huge priority from where I sit. Wish the kid well at Penn State.

danwismar

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:50 am

^^^ Agree. Wiz, is Marcus Baugh rock solid stickin? I hope so. He is TALENTED and will be a weapon by the time we figure out to throw to the TE.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 pm

danwismar wrote:I'm not sure they need a TE in this class anyway, given the numbers. Hubbard could end up there, and they are redshirting a huge talent in this year's true freshman Marcus Baugh. Meanwhile current starters Heuerman and Vannett are juniors. Not a huge priority from where I sit. Wish the kid well at Penn State.

I guess that begs the question why they were so interested in him then? Meyer was apparently on the kid (and pretty hard) per a few reports out there.

Like Lee, noted, he was a big target for the Buckeyes. Not that that makes him more than a luxury item, I guess, but...

Anyway, that PSU via NJ pipeline has always been rough seas for others to swim in.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Yes, he was a big target, and Meyer clearly wanted him. My point is simply that not taking a TE in this class shouldn't have a significant downside for the program. Numbers are very tight, and they may elect to go without a TE rather than settle for a lesser one. Heuerman has one more year of eligibility, Vannett two more, and Baugh four more. It's not a crisis.

danwismar

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:01 pm

danwismar wrote:Yes, he was a big target, and Meyer clearly wanted him. My point is simply that not taking a TE in this class shouldn't have a significant downside for the program. Numbers are very tight, and they may elect to go without a TE rather than settle for a lesser one. Heuerman has one more year of eligibility, Vannett two more, and Baugh four more. It's not a crisis.

Got ya.

I'll say this: I like how O'Brien is going about his business there. It's not hard to understand why players are willing to listen to and play for the guy. He's a likeable dude doing a pretty damn good job in an environment some thought would have a much, much longer half-life than it actually will. Mostly because of him.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 pm

They very much need a TE in this class and have decided they were going to sign one since Blake Thomas' career ended. Their are still other kids out there and I fully expect them to sign one (a back-up plan at that). You never want to put yourself in a position where you have two TEs one of which is in his second year and that is it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:29 pm

jb wrote:I'm just shocked. Shocked, I tell you, that the budding Big 10 power in his own home state wasn't even a consideration. Truly un fathomable given the nature of the reputation of Rutgers and all the credibility they bring to the Big 10.

I also suppose the siren song of "you could be the next Aaron Hernandez" has lost some cache for Urbs.

BTW, NJ HSFB is at a far higher level than I think many Midwesterners realize. Past few years thruve had multiple teams destroy, I mean blow out, top Ohio catholic programs. If RU ever could tap that...

BTW: Rutgers currently has the highest rated WR recruit in the Big locked up and has a really nice class right now. They've actually done a fantastic job keeping in state talent for once.

But why not point out the one kid you've heard of from Jersey?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jb wrote:I'm just shocked. Shocked, I tell you, that the budding Big 10 power in his own home state wasn't even a consideration. Truly un fathomable given the nature of the reputation of Rutgers and all the credibility they bring to the Big 10.

BTW: Rutgers currently has the highest rated WR recruit in the Big locked up and has a really nice class right now. They've actually done a fantastic job keeping in state talent for once.

Peppers to UM Cartman
jb

Unread postby furls » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:59 pm

BN posted some rumors about Baugh not being real happy this year, not surprising for a guy that is redshirting. The transfer rumors are a whisper now, we'll know more after the holidays.

There are a lot of 2013 guys that are very surprised to be redshirting. Meyer needs to watch his pitch about not redshirting guys, and then redshirting them. Baugh, Mitchell and Marshall are three guys I know are surprised/shocked that they are redshirting.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

Lee is right that Rutgers has done a nice job recruiting the last couple of years. It's arguable that their 2013 class compares favorably with any in the B1G after OSU, UM and maybe Nebraska. There's a breakdown of 3,4, and 5 star recruits for 2013 in conference in this article.

Edit: In fact, their national ranking (#31) is better than all B1G teams except for the three mentioned above.

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/ohio-sta ... uiting-bar

danwismar

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:17 am

Furls, Dan, anyone else have any updates on recruiting? Any specific updates on Mavety? R. Macmillan, etc?? Recruiting seems to have slowed a bit, I assume Meyer will close strong like he has the past couple of years for us-- any updates??

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby furls » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:46 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:Furls, Dan, anyone else have any updates on recruiting? Any specific updates on Mavety? R. Macmillan, etc?? Recruiting seems to have slowed a bit, I assume Meyer will close strong like he has the past couple of years for us-- any updates??

Recruiting really slows this time every year. All you really get at this point are updates on guys that have made official visits. Here is what has happened recently:

-Raekwon McMillan had a GREAT official visit with his family. Every official visit is "great", but sometimes you can read between the lines and see a team has really made an impact on a visit and OSU did that. BUCKEYE, barring a GIANT SEC booster provided paycheck (doubt it).

-Mavety: some say he will be a Buckeye, I can't get a decent read. Honestly, I don't really care. OSU doesn't really have a big history with JUCO's (Larry Grant is the only significant one I can remember) and you only get 2 years to play 3. He needs to be able to jump from CC to starting at an elite D1 ball level in order to be worth it.

-Solomon Thomas: New name to guys that don't really follow recruiting much, for those that do, he was always in the background (much like Dontre Wilson last year). The 5* SSDE brought his entire family up (on their own dime) for an unofficial for the PSU game, and they made a HUGE impact. Most thought this was a UT/Stanford battle with OSU on the outside looking... this is no longer the case. I think we end up with him. He is the #2 DE in the country behind only Hand, and some at the Opening say he was the better athlete... he is a guy that could come in and contribute to an already DEEP DL rotation in week 1 next year.

-Thomas Holley: I get the feeling OSU is slipping on this kid's RADAR and this is becoming a PSU vs. PSU fight. If they can finish the season strong and finish recruiting him strong I think they get him. Sucks, but that is just how I feel.

-Rogers (mike I think): Southern Safety OSU is chasing, and appears to be making up some ground. Still not sure we get him though.

-Lattimore and Smith are Buckeyes... they just haven't announced it yet.

-FWIW: Based on his play and development it looks like Parris Campbell may actually end up being a running back. That is pretty big news as it clears up some of the inside receiver log jam that looked like it was piling up.

That's all I can think of right now.

-

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 am

^^ thanks Furls.

Btw, do you know when tOSU v TTUN kick-off is on November 30th? Everywhere I check still shows the start time TBD. It's less than a month away surely they must know the start time now?

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby furls » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:33 am

Nope no time released yet.

Traditionally it is a noon kick, but they have deviated from that in the past, most notably in 2006. The ADs like it early because the fans are less "unruly." You make that a night game and someone will get hurt. If scUM was better I would say it would be a shoe in for 3:30, but since I think they lose at least one more game before "The Game" it is tough to even guess what time the kick will be.

Some losses ahead of OSU could also make it a later game because then there are more national implications. Personally I am hoping for a 3:30.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Ohio State WR commit Lonnie Johnson is now looking around. He will visit Western Michigan, Cincy, and South Florida. He maintains he's still committed to tOSU, but I think the writing is on the wall.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:22 pm

This is not surprising. Something had to give. They already had five WR commits, and are presumably still lusting after Johnnie Dixon. Hooker may eventually be a safety, and Samuel strikes me as being as much RB as WR, but still...the numbers said that's too many guys at one position, especially with only Fields and Philly leaving a deep group (maybe Devin Smith too, I understand)

danwismar

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:49 pm

danwismar wrote:This is not surprising. Something had to give. They already had five WR commits, and are presumably still lusting after Johnnie Dixon. Hooker may eventually be a safety, and Samuel strikes me as being as much RB as WR, but still...the numbers said that's too many guys at one position, especially with only Fields and Philly leaving a deep group (maybe Devin Smith too, I understand)

Word 6 months ago was that Lonnie Smith was an absolute non-qualifier. Like "snowball's chance in Hell" qualifier. His current list seems to check with that more. Talented kid. Could've made a really nice split end or safety.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:58 pm

I will do the best I can to keep other sites premium content premium, but a guy I really trust says that Holley will not be in OSU's class this year unless something drastic changes. He is basically no longer a priority with the staff. It is unusual because Meyer just visited him yesterday.

I don't know if he gave Meyer some indications that he was headed elsewhere, that is not the impression that I am getting from Kurelic or if Meyer may have filled his spot (that is more the impression I am getting).

My theory is that Solomon Thomas has committed. One would not seem to preclude the other as Thomas is a SSDE, but spots are tight and if the Buckeyes did get Thomas you have to think that between Thomas and Bosa they would have the freedom to move Washington inside.

I am not horribly concerned as DT is a position of strength and depth right now.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:33 am

Furls, what do you make of these rumors that 4-7 Michgan underclassmen are considering transferring due to playing time issues and broken recruiting promises (Green, Kalis, etc.)? Is it BS?

Amazing about 5* Kalis so far. I doubt too many expected Decker to be doing so much better at this point.

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm sure Furls will weigh in on this eventually, but he and I have had some email correspondence on the matter, and we agree it's hard to give too much credence to it. It's a message board poster, after all...someone who's justifiably pissed off at the program and looking to grind an axe.

That said, there is undoubtedly some unrest in that locker room....young kids who were promised early playing time and aren't getting it. That's easier to take when the team is winning, and less so when they're struggling and the hot-shot freshmen and sophs think they would be doing better.

But you could say the same thing about every major program, including OSU...except for that "struggling" part.

danwismar

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena