Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: 92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 pm

I live in Cbus...The afternoon drive show is horrendous, it used to be worse before Scott Torgason was fired. Columbus is a very weird market when it comes to sports, and it reflects in the afternoon show, they try to split time in-between Cincy/and Cleveland sports, as well as the obligatory tOSU covereage, but they also spend way to much time talking about boring national stories, and discussing whatever hack talking point ESPN has come up with for that day, which essentially makes the show a poor mans Mike and Mike.

The Buckeye show with Adam Rothman is okay , and they do a great job covering OSU bball and football games, and no one complains about the "Voice of God" Paul Kiels who is one of the best play-by-play guys in sports.

97.1 is a okay channel when it sticks to talking what Cbus knows best i.e. Buckeyes, but when it try's to expand on that its a unsustainable train wreck.

You will also notice that I have yet to mention CBUS's two pro teams the CBJ , and the Crew, and that's because for all intent and purpose THE FAN does not recognize their existence . You are far more likely to hear about the latest Chicago sports news then you are to hear about the Jackets.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Sorry to bump this but a little house cleaning over at 'KNR....

Kenny Roda @TheKennyRoda
Thanks to all who have made the last 21 years at WKNR a remarkable, unforgettable & amazing journey.I enjoyed sharing it with you all.
2:02 PM - 20 Aug 2013

also TJ Zuppe and Will Burge

now the fear is 'KNR will give Grossi his own show. And I thought Roda was unlistenable

Does 92.3 attempt to bring Roda aboard or stand pat with their group
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:12 pm

So what did 92.3 decide to do with format?

Burge was pretty good, I thought. 3 Deep was good.

But a small price to pay to off Roada.

Maybe there's a station in Oil City that wants him?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Our radio is still pretty awful. One of the worst radio sports guys in history, "the Torg", now ruins the only listenable morning show, and it's not even sports, it's comedy.

The show that asshat got fired from actually got better with this replacement. But the main host is still a loudmouthed Italian fuck who thinks he's the funniest guy around.

But we also got a second sports station, the morning show features Tiki Barber and some other fucks. It's actually being blamed for people falling asleep behind the wheel.

Matt Finkes has a show too.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Spin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Roda was alright when he wasn't paired with dickhead Reghi and was talking basketball. That was where he was best, I hope 92.3 picks him up as the Cavs beat reporter.

And never lets him talk NFL football!!!

I wonder what the "new direction" KNR is going in? Whatever happened to the single host show? Is Ken Carman really the only host who can pull it off???
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Say what you want about Roda, I did not care for the "Roadman", but at least he went to pressers and asked questions.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:58 am

looking at the 'KNR site looks to be a clean sweep. All shows removed other than the RBS and Munch in the morning. Don't know if true but either a majority were/will be shown the door or they are restructuring their lineup big time
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 pm

It's not even close: Ken Carman is about the very best thing in this market.

Guy is bright, quick, speaks well, and is a professional. His star will rise (not sure he's even 30) while everything else blows.

Can't wait til Kiley, Booms and Bull all die. Hope it's soon.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Had some classes at Akron with Ken Carman. Sharp dude. Nice guy.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:59 pm

peeker643 wrote:It's not even close: Ken Carman is about the very best thing in this market.

Guy is bright, quick, speaks well, and is a professional. His star will rise (not sure he's even 30) while everything else blows.

Can't wait til Kiley, Booms and Bull all die. Hope it's soon.

Ken's an awesome guy. Been listening to him since the 1350 days. Agreed, best guy on the station by far.

Bull and the Fox is just not a good show. Bull is a good guy, but the show is rather unlistenable.

Baskin and Phelps isn't bad. Even better when Les Levine co-hosts.

Roda is an awesome dude. Met him in person, and even joked about "trickbag punks". Agreed, he'd definitely be an awesome pick for Cavs beat guy for 92.3.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture