Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

GLC

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: GLC

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:4-12 at best.



New bong for the fall?

This team will push .500 if reasonably healthy. Not a finished product but not the 4- 12 bunch we've seen either.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: GLC

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah yeah.....

"push for .500" This is what, about 10 years in a row i've heard this bold prediction that the Browns will strive to be somewhere in the neighborhood of mediocre?

4-12.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: GLC

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:49 pm

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Can I again point out that I started this "Sproles" thing by calling the kid a Sprole knock-off?



No. That's absurd.

If a prospect isn't a bona fide NFL star he's automatically up for the Tony Baker award. There is no chance he can contribute.


Quit whining like a girl who was told she looks not all like Kate Upton.

JB's recipe for being a beeeeotch:

1. Fall in love with Player
1A. Make a comparison of said player with another player
2. See comparison disagreed with
3. Whine about unfair dissent and scream that the player is way more than Tony Baker (a nice reference by the way)
4. Complain dissenting person is unfair and pessimistic.

Yawn.

Show me where I said Lewis couldn't be a nice add to the roster and bring a dimension to the offense it lacks.

Please.

I said he wasn't as highly regarded as Sproles coming out (who wasn't all that highly regarded either) because he's not as fast or as explosive.

I didn't shit on the hood of your car.

Jesus.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: GLC

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:
I said he wasn't as highly regarded as Sproles coming out (who wasn't all that highly regarded either) because he's not as fast or as explosive.


Right, because that dif between being an afterthought taken in rounds 4 and 5 is monumental in personnel regard. I cede to your brilliance. I have nothing.

Well, Hiko already learned you last week ago or so and I can't do any better to be certain.

Mostly I wanted to see you spazz on a Monday.

I'm cruel like that.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: GLC

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:07 pm

peeker643 wrote:
JB's recipe for being a beeeeotch:

1. Fall in love with Player - I didn't do it. Peeks makes shit up.
1A. Make a comparison of said player with another player - Wa'n't me, it was Hop. Peeks makes shit up part deux.
2. See comparison disagreed with - This doesn't even MAKE SENSE.
3. Whine about unfair dissent and scream that the player is way more than Tony Baker (a nice reference by the way) - Thank you. Going back. How far back? Waaaay back.
4. Complain dissenting person is unfair and pessimistic. - No, I called you a prick.

Yawn.

Show me where I said Lewis couldn't be a nice add to the roster and bring a dimension to the offense it lacks.

Please.

I said he wasn't as highly regarded as Sproles coming out (who wasn't all that highly regarded either) because he's not as fast or as explosive.

I didn't shit on the hood of your car.

Jesus.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: GLC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:When Gingers figure out how to have souls I'll stop being a dick...


Souls are for wusses.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4392
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: GLC

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:36 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

^ happened and if not for the damn Ginger would be running NEO.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: GLC

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:32 am

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
I said he wasn't as highly regarded as Sproles coming out (who wasn't all that highly regarded either) because he's not as fast or as explosive.


Right, because that dif between being an afterthought taken in rounds 4 and 5 is monumental in personnel regard. I cede to your brilliance. I have nothing.

Well, Hiko already learned you last week ago or so and I can't do any better to be certain.

Mostly I wanted to see you spazz on a Monday.

I'm cruel like that.


Right. I went crazy. Lost control. Blew a gasket.

Simply stated: he wasn't as highly regarded, not as fast, not as explosive.

That's all I said. That's truth. As to the rest, you're bored and wanna argue. That's why I had kids and got married but to be fair it was before internet age.

You and Hiko are same guy.

Can't teach anyone who already knows it all. ;-) ;) :wink:

I cede to your optimism and wealth of scatback knowledge.

In 8 years when Lewis is Sproles I'll apologize. In 3 years when Lewis is out of the league you'll be exalting some other hump.

And didn't Hiko agree with me here?

That's odd. One of you is clearly smarter than the other. Just not sure which one it is now.

Off to the ATL for work. Enjoy your week.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: GLC

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:51 am

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
I said he wasn't as highly regarded as Sproles coming out (who wasn't all that highly regarded either) because he's not as fast or as explosive.


Right, because that dif between being an afterthought taken in rounds 4 and 5 is monumental in personnel regard. I cede to your brilliance. I have nothing.

Well, Hiko already learned you last week ago or so and I can't do any better to be certain.

Mostly I wanted to see you spazz on a Monday.

I'm cruel like that.


Right. I went crazy. Lost control. Blew a gasket.

Simply stated: he wasn't as highly regarded, not as fast, not as explosive.

That's all I said. That's truth. As to the rest, you're bored and wanna argue. That's why I had kids and got married but to be fair it was before internet age.

You and Hiko are same guy.

Can't teach anyone who already knows it all. ;-) ;) :wink:

I cede to your optimism and wealth of scatback knowledge.

In 8 years when Lewis is Sproles I'll apologize. In 3 years when Lewis is out of the league you'll be exalting some other hump.

And didn't Hiko agree with me here?

That's odd. One of you is clearly smarter than the other. Just not sure which one it is now.

Off to the ATL for work. Enjoy your week.


Hiko and as as Doppleganger? Hmmmmmm...... :tfh:

Next time I'm bored please be more obliging.

Safe travels! Hartsfield sucks. Good luck.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: GLC

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am

That's a lot of bandwidth spent on Dion Lewis.

I, for one, won't miss much sleep over it. Next man up, as they say.

No talk of the former 3rd rd guard we just picked up for a throw-away D-lineman?
User avatar
JacksonDysonJackson
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Re: GLC

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:That's a lot of bandwidth spent on Dion Lewis.

I, for one, won't miss much sleep over it. Next man up, as they say.

No talk of the former 3rd rd guard we just picked up for a throw-away D-lineman?


Good trade for both teams. two marginal players that would have been cut traded for depth as needed. Win-win.

As for Lewis? At the risk of being drug down the Sproles path of things I do not write you are underestimating him I believe. He would have helped more than you allude. YMMV. Hope he gets a shoot in 14 to ply his wares here.

best part about Brandon Jackson is he knows he's Brandon jackson tho. Perfect back up RB. Does a little bit of everything in a servicable manner and has no delusions of starting.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: GLC

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 pm

I think we're on the same chapter. He would have been utilized heavily in this O and I'm disappointed he's done for the year.

I guess I just see these scat-backs more readily available...or he's MUCH better than I think.

WAR: The Ghost in the 5th rd
User avatar
JacksonDysonJackson
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Re: GLC

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:WAR: The Ghost in the 5th rd


The draft dicks told me he was better than Bush.

Kinda like how Greg Little was "almost" as good as Julio Jones.

But at least they were right about Kaepernick & Newton.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: GLC

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm

jb wrote:
JacksonDysonJackson wrote:WAR: The Ghost in the 5th rd


The draft dicks told me he was better than Bush.

Kinda like how Greg Little was "almost" as good as Julio Jones.

But at least they were right about Kaepernick & Newton.


Don't accuse me of comparing Little and Jones. I LOVED Julio. Really wanted him here. I like Little too but nowhere near the crush I had on Jones.

And ftr, O think Lewis woulda excelled here in this offense. Just not to level Sproles has in his.

Made it to ATL. Hate this place. Airport and highways anyway.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: GLC

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Head to Fox Bros and drink some Sweetwater.... Your trip will be infinitely better.
User avatar
JacksonDysonJackson
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Re: GLC

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 am

Ugh...Moffitt trade voided. I guess he didnt pass physical.

They need to look for soemone else. A D2 rookie can't start game 1.
User avatar
JacksonDysonJackson
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Re: GLC

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Its odd that Motiff failed The Browns physical, but passed Denver's a day later.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: GLC

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Govbarney wrote:Its odd that Motiff failed The Browns physical, but passed Denver's a day later.



No odder than Bunkley.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests