Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Lindor shut down

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Lindor shut down

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:05 am

Most have probably already heard, but Francisco Lindor has been shut down for the rest of the regular season with a nagging back injury. Doesn't sound like it's too serious, as he wants to play through it, but for precautionary reasons the org is putting him on the shelf.

Will be interesting to see if he plays at all in instructs or the AFL this year, as he was almost certain to head to the AFL if he were healthy.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Lindor shut down

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

Sucks, but I think the front office saw what they needed to see. Hopefully he can play in the fall/winter. That's important development time for him.

What's the projected timeline, Al? Start 2014 in Akron, move to Columbus in July, possible cameo in September, and come to Spring Training in 2015 with a shot at the SS job?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 am

skatingtripods wrote:Sucks, but I think the front office saw what they needed to see. Hopefully he can play in the fall/winter. That's important development time for him.

What's the projected timeline, Al? Start 2014 in Akron, move to Columbus in July, possible cameo in September, and come to Spring Training in 2015 with a shot at the SS job?

At least back issues have never known to be chronic or serious long-term.

That sounds about right. He could be in Columbus even earlier than that, depending on whether he'll be facing better pitching in the IL or EL. He's the odds-on favorite to start at SS in 2015 on opening day right now. When he'll be 21.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:36 am

gotribe31 wrote:He could be in Columbus even earlier than that, depending on whether he'll be facing better pitching in the IL or EL.

What's the theory on that? I've always heard that the better pitching is in Double-A because Triple-A is littered with hasbeens and guys who are just trying to hold on.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:He could be in Columbus even earlier than that, depending on whether he'll be facing better pitching in the IL or EL.

What's the theory on that? I've always heard that the better pitching is in Double-A because Triple-A is littered with hasbeens and guys who are just trying to hold on.

The prospects are better, but the overall quality is probably better in AAA. Even a has-been AAA guy with some ML experience will have better breaking stuff and a better idea of how to pitch than a AA phenom on his way up.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Squints » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Bummer. Was looking forward to seeing him in Erie this week but better safe than risk any potential long term effects.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB