Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

GLC

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

GLC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 pm

The Browns D looks good tonight, but let's remember that they won't face QB's as shitty as Matt Stafford every week.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: GLC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 pm

I don't care that was called back, Benjamin is ridiculous as a PR.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Oh, and this team can't run block for shit.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:37 pm

So, how did the O look? Weeds?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:45 pm

I just went to check scores on ESPN and I forgot the Browns were playing. So when I saw the front page I was pretty amazed to see that the Indians were beating the Tigers 17-0. I thought it must have been a rainout make-up game or something.

Oh well.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:So, how did the O look? Weeds?

The run blocking is not so good, but Richardson showed some good shit in his time. The O line had a lot of trouble against the DET D line, tho they got better as they went. Weeden did his DA 2007 impression by nailing everything downfield but being unable to hit a screen 5 yards away (which is probably a bit unfair to a guy that just jacked up 117 yds, 2 TD's, and a 137 rating, but I ain't buying in until I have to). Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron are very talented. Dion Lewis was a helluva pickup.

And none of this means much until the bullets are real.

I will admit though that I'll be disappointed at this point if they don't beat the Dolphins. That has as much to do with how much I think the Fins are overrated and destined for 6-10 like the Browns as anything else.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 pm

And now Lewis is hurt - looks bad - and combined with the injuries to Pinkston and Mingo, the Browns return to earth with a splat.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:And now Lewis is hurt - looks bad - and combined with the injuries to Pinkston and Mingo, the Browns return to earth with a splat.

While the reviews of Lewis have been bright, he is still just the backup running back, so I'm not ready to get my Clowney jersey just yet. Mingos injury didn't look to serious , broken rib worse case, which could keep him out 3 weeks.

Pinkston's injury sucks if its serious, and it looked like a ankle injury, so it probably is. We will be scouring the cut lists for a guard, which is never good.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:09 am

Govbarney wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:And now Lewis is hurt - looks bad - and combined with the injuries to Pinkston and Mingo, the Browns return to earth with a splat.

While the reviews of Lewis have been bright, he is still just the backup running back, so I'm not ready to get my Clowney jersey just yet. Mingos injury didn't look to serious , broken rib worse case, which could keep him out 3 weeks.

Pinkston's injury sucks if its serious, and it looked like a ankle injury, so it probably is. We will be scouring the cut lists for a guard, which is never good.

News said Lewis had a broken leg

Mingo - bruised lung

Pinkston - sprain
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:58 am

Odd game. Team played very well but there's a bad taste from the injuries. Feels more like we lost.

Apparently Pinkston isn't serious but Mingo is in the hospital with bruised lungs. I've had that before and it hurts like a bitch for about 4 days and then lingers for a few weeks. It really, really hurts...so I can see why they got him on the drip.

Lewis is likely DL bound so B Jackson steps up. Suddenly a deep RB corps is now thin.

But the defense looked outstanding. Robinson, Taylor, Jamal (looking like he was built to play the 3-4), Kitchen (in a backup role), Kruger, Owens, Haden, Gibson all had outstanding plays. We are thin in the secondary but our frontline guys are very solid, especially with that pass rush. They need to work on containment on the edges certainly, as Reggie Bush exploited the blitzing outside linebackers. But that was mostly 2nd team guys vs #1's so whatever.

Offense was also pretty sharp, especially Weeds. He may (or may not) be the guy. Nice to know that regardless, they have some cats that can catch the ball. The rookie (Robinson?) looked great late in the game getting a 3rd down that extended a TD drive. And Cooper could be a nice backup possession receiver. The star of the show was Cameron. He had some very nice athletic catches on nice throws where he was WIDE open in the endzone. If this is the "vanilla" version of the O and the TE is slipping away...

Hard to tell if SHUR was so horrible or CHUD is so good or some combination of the two, but there is certainly a breath of fresh air into this franchise. The players seem honestly interested in playing good fundamental football...for once. I might not be on the bandwagon just yet...but I'm putting on my overalls.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 am

Govbarney wrote:

Hardesty, Jackson, and Og are backups.

Lewis is a change-of-pace guy. A true change-of-pace guy, a guy that I've been begging the team to get (and use correctly) for years.

He's like Benjamin - he's a weapon that you can live without, but losing it takes away some of your ability to be creative on offense and keep the opponent off-kilter.

Doesn't kill the team, but hurts a helluva lot more than just losing a, say, Jackson or Hardesty.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:04 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Lewis is a change-of-pace guy. A true change-of-pace guy, a guy that I've been begging the team to get (and use correctly) for years.

He's like Benjamin - he's a weapon that you can live without, but losing it takes away some of your ability to be creative on offense and keep the opponent off-kilter.

Doesn't kill the team, but hurts a helluva lot more than just losing a, say, Jackson or Hardesty.

100% Agree!
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:06 am

Also, and you're never gong to believe this, Hardesty had knee surgery yesterday.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:09 am

A few observations:

- The injuries are the story this AM. Looks like Lewis could be lost for the season. I remember thinking Banner/Lombardi were mad for bringing in all these RBs...now it looks like this is a position of need. Why do I think we'll rely on B-Jack a lot this season? Also, breathes new life into Montario if he can recover.

Pinkston's injury is a big concern. We are thin at guard and despite Gilkey's early praise, I don't like teh idea of starting a rookie from a D2 school. Tough break for Pinkston, a guy who has overcome a lot -- hopefully he's back sooner rather than later. I bet they look hard at the waiver wire for a veteran signing.

Mingo...punctured lung, broken ribs? Luckily he;s at a position of strength cause this screams "nagging injury" to me.

- Weeden looked good. His comfort in the shotgun is obvious. I especially like that look in the redzone and field is shortened, it expands his visual field. His throws were crisp and decisive all night. Deep-ball accuracy was very encouraging. Confidence was evident -- a great sign from a guy that too often had a deer in the headlights look. Still needs work on those swing and screen passes though.

- O-line was more of the same -- pretty good in pass protection but fair-to-poor in run blocking. They were up against a stout unit, but aside Richardson creating something from nothing, I didnt see too many positive plays.

- Echoing JB's thoughts from last week -- Gordon needs to get his personal life in order, because this kid is a player. His separation and YAC ability continue to wow me. Would have liked to see him lay out for that deep ball down the sideline...what's with the one-handed effort?

- Cameron showed nice hands and the ability to go up for teh ball on a few occasions last night. I still would like to see him used more in the middle of teh field, exploiting his speed advantage against opposing LBs. But damn, I get the feeling he's going to get a lot of redzone looks this year.

- Another great game by our front 7. Sheard gets a gameball, and what a pleasant surprise for a player who was rumored to be trade bait. Big Phil continues his solid play as well. Not DQ's best game, but not too many LBs with the ability to cover Reggie Bush in space.

- Staring DB unit was pretty non-descript, but thats mostly due to the Lions inability to throw downfield on the first several possesssions. Obviously, missing Megatron was an issue. I thought Owens, Gipson, and Kenneh played well.

- Travis Benjamin is going to be fun to watch this year. Some guys have speed, and some guys just know how to be a returner...he's got both. He set that return up nicely with his initial hesitation.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:16 am

4-12 at best.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:22 am

Hikohadon wrote:
Govbarney wrote:

I will concede you that, he is change of pace, and I'd bet a pay-check he is done for the season. Jackson played that change of pace roll in GB , looks like he will have to do it again. Oby will now be the back up while Mr Glass recovers from his knee scope. It will be interesting to see what they do with FB.

Pinkston has got the dreaded high anckle sprain, which is useally a 4-6 week ordeal. And my guess is Mingo misses the remainder of the pre-season , but is back in time for Miami .
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

This team has upside, that's for sure. They may not have a high floor, though, and injuries are becoming a problem (something I really fear I'll be saying about the Cavs too...).

Look, it's the fake season, and all that means is that our team has to look good. If you don't look good in the preseason, you're done, your team is bad. Well, we look good, so that's a check. The rest, who knows.

If we can make it through the rest of the preseason without too many more injuries, we should at least be interesting to watch and should be in every game.

I see this team going anywhere from 4-12 to 12-4, depending on Weeden and the D.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:53 am

Meh... running back depth... easily the most "findable" guys on the roster.

Hoping Mingo is alright.

Weeden looked really good on the two TD drives. I didn't see anything after that.

Was impressed with Kruger's ability to hold contain and be strong in the run game game.

Was less than impressed with Fairley tearing up Joe Thomas more than once.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:17 am

I missed the starters again. 2nd week in a row that Weeden has apparently looked good. Complaint first week was that he still isn't going through progressions and reading defenses. Did it look like any improvement there this week?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby pup » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:31 am

motherscratcher wrote:I missed the starters again. 2nd week in a row that Weeden has apparently looked good. Complaint first week was that he still isn't going through progressions and reading defenses. Did it look like any improvement there this week?

He did not.

Problem is, it appears his first read is almost always open since he is completing 70% of his throws so far. What happens when that read is not open? Still waiting to see.

Both of his "dump-offs" that I remember when he got some early pressure, he went fetal position and missed both of those throws. Which is not a good sign. But is it that throw or the pressure? Too early to tell.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 am

If this Lewis character really was a Sprole knock off those aren't easy to find. Just sayin'.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:00 pm

He aint Darren Sproles.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 pm

No. He's not.

Unless guys like Sproles are typically given away for Emmanuel Acho.

Although I will say many a little RB can look like Sproles during the first two preseason games.

Be fine with what they have and what they lost can be replaced. Brandon Jackson will suit the role fine. He ain't Sproles or even as shifty as Lewis, but they'll be fine.

Worried far more about long the bruised lungs/ribs affect Mingo.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm not sure either of you know what a "knock off" is.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Seen a buddy of mine who is a Physical therapist, said that Fibula isn't a bad turn around time 6 weeks he says, so he may not be lost for the whole season.
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:43 pm

So..... we don't have a Darren Sproles?

Damn.

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:47 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I missed the starters again. 2nd week in a row that Weeden has apparently looked good. Complaint first week was that he still isn't going through progressions and reading defenses. Did it look like any improvement there this week?

Not really, but as pointed out before, why go through your progressions when your initial read is open?

This might be an aspect we don't see until the Real Season.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:50 pm

motherscratcher wrote:So, how did the O look? Weeds?

Like an NFL player on an NFL team.

Kinda frightening. Like Kung Fu Fighting.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:No. He's not.

Although I will say many a little RB can look like Sproles during the first two preseason games.

Be fine with what they have and what they lost can be replaced. Brandon Jackson will suit the role fine. He ain't Sproles or even as shifty as Lewis, but they'll be fine.

IDK Peeker.

Who was Sproles before he was Sproles?

San Diego Chargers[edit source | editbeta]
Sproles was drafted by the Chargers 130th overall in the fourth round of the 2005 NFL Draft.
He spent the 2005 season as the third string running back, behind LaDainian Tomlinson and Michael Turner, returning kicks and punts. He then spent the entire 2006 season on injured reserve list after breaking his ankle during the preseason.

As a drafdick you should know Lewis' history.

me thinks he's closer to Sproles than Arnold Smith.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Those K State teams with Sproles and El Roberson were pretty awesome back in the day.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Isn't that Trip-S's line?

Or is he dead somewhere after letting TCE devour his hope.
bac5665

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Pretty sure SSS is wearing spandex and watching race cars somewhere. To each his own and all.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Too bad.

I miss his misplaced enthusiasm. It was nice to not be the only 20-something on these boards.
bac5665

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm alive.

Was at the game (and drunk).
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Triple-S wrote:I'm alive.

Why'd you wait until you were all the way across the field to pull your underwear down? That was an affront to the art of streaking.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:13 pm

There is only one person that posts in this forum that would have streaked across the field at his peak and that guy is all growed up now or something.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:25 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Those K State teams with Sproles and El Roberson were pretty awesome back in the day.

Lewis was an absolutely kick ass RB at Pitt from jump street that came out WAY too early.

Not surprising he took a couple years to develop.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:There is only one person that posts in this forum that would have streaked across the field at his peak and that guy is all growed up now or something.

Ur talking about Hiko and his health, right?
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Sure, yeah, I'm talking about Hiko...

;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink:
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I'm alive.

Why'd you wait until you were all the way across the field to pull your underwear down? That was an affront to the art of streaking.

hahahahahahahaha!
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:39 pm

peeker643 wrote:Worried far more about long the bruised lungs/ribs affect Mingo.

Has that fucking guy even cracked the starting lineup yet?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:03 pm

jb wrote:

IDK Peeker.

Sproles was drafted by the Chargers 130th overall in the fourth round of the 2005 NFL Draft.
He spent the 2005 season as the third string running back, behind LaDainian Tomlinson and Michael Turner, returning kicks and punts. He then spent the entire 2006 season on injured reserve list after breaking his ankle during the preseason.

Lewis was never as fast, never the same burst and never as accomplished a pass receiver or the same hands. Not saying the hands can't improve nor that offense played in doesn't matter.

But they're the same size.

So yeah... I guess some would say Cam and VY are similar too, if that's the measuring stick.

Just don't quite understand why Chip Kelly would deal away little LaMichael for Acho though.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Lewis is certainly not Sproles.

But on the other hand, I have no evidence that Chip Kelly makes good personnel decisions either, so it's not like we know he wouldn't trade away a guy that could've been really valuable to him.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 am

Can I again point out that I started this "Sproles" thing by calling the kid a Sprole knock-off?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Can I again point out that I started this "Sproles" thing by calling the kid a Sprole knock-off?

Duly noted.

Tag Heuer v. Swatch.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby bac5665 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 am

I'm trying to decide what's worse about the preseason. Having to watch those terrible games, or having to listen to people arguing about those terrible games. I'm guilty of having done both of those things, so there are no innocent victims here, but still.

Once real games start, with real playcalling, things will be a hell of a lot more fun (or depressing, as the case may be.)
bac5665

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Lewis is certainly not Sproles.

But on the other hand, I have no evidence that Chip Kelly makes good personnel decisions either, so it's not like we know he wouldn't trade away a guy that could've been really valuable to him.

Chip Kelly doesn't need a change of pace back because when your goal is to run 100 offensive snaps in a game the only way to change that pace is to slow it down.

:lmfao: I crack myself up sometimes
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

IDK Peeker.

Lewis was never as fast, never the same burst and never as accomplished a pass receiver or the same hands. Not saying the hands can't improve nor that offense played in doesn't matter.

But they're the same size.

So yeah... I guess some would say Cam and VY are similar too, if that's the measuring stick.

Just don't quite understand why Chip Kelly would deal away little LaMichael for Acho though.

Here's the recipe for Peeker being a prick.

Step 1: Take a pro Browns optimistic comment and find a way to deficate on it like as if it's a rug and he's co-starring in "Alpha Dog 2 - Eastlake Boogaloo"

Step 2: Craft an ignorant comment about player evaluation linking it back to an equally and opposite imaginary ignorant comment that never existed like as if it's Newton's Theory of an equal and opposite bullcrap hyperbole physics or some shit rather than coming correct. E.G. - If Lewis is not Sproles -- which was never actually written -- then surely he MUST be Arnold F'n Smith. Uh uh uh, darrin Sproles!!!???!!! How the fuck could he be Darrin Sproles ?!?!?!

Step 3: When confronted with a reasonable observation that player A had a certain career arc dependent upon development and player B had a very successful college career against fairly high level competition and all evidence shows him developing well in a new role, rather than engage in any meaningful discussion, flush the turd and the rug into the crapper and destroy the thread in a petulant manner camoflaged with a failed attempt at humor.

Peek 45: It works ehry time!

C'mon dawg...

I'm just saying that while they are not the same player Lewis is a might better than Arnold Fuckin Smith. Lewis is more than some D bag rose colored July Browns fans falls in puppy love with irrationally.

Kid had a monster career at Pitt, came out too early, and has some real skills. He showed nicely in x season 1's vs 1's and could be an effective change of pace back from T Rich being a bowling ball.

Arnold Smith was lights out late in X season against the future UPS drivers and had no real shot to ever do anything.

No one is saying Dion Lewis is Darrin Sproles, but I'll say again that even Darrin Sproles wasn't some highly sought after commodity until he developed. He basically didn't do anything other than return kicks until his 3rd season when he scored his FIRST TD.

You prolly coulda gotten him for a ham sammich before the 2007 season, too.

So not gonna say that Lewis WILL be what Sproles is now, but DS didn't come into year three like as if he was Sayers or some shit either.

Lewis would have been a nice contributor this season. Its a shame he got hurt. I have no idea how good he'd have been, but it would have been closer to a star NFL player than a taxi squad player. If Smith is 1 and Sproles is a 10, Lewis in his role was looking like a 6 in what he showed in X season. No one is saying Lewis was going to be great. Just good. And much better than a throw away joke.

But god forbid anyone write something not all doom and gloom and shit all over the Browns. Ohh nooooooooooooooo!
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 pm

When Gingers figure out how to have souls I'll stop being a dick...
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Can I again point out that I started this "Sproles" thing by calling the kid a Sprole knock-off?

No. That's absurd.

If a prospect isn't a bona fide NFL star he's automatically up for the Tony Baker award. There is no chance he can contribute.
jb

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL