Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

TT gives up on shooting left-handed

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

TT gives up on shooting left-handed

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 am

Much as I cringe at the thought of another Tristan Thompson thread, I couldn't help noticing this column.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2013/08/cavaliers_tristan_thompson_mak.html#incart_river

Now we know why he can't shoot. He's been using the wrong hand all this time. Glad somebody finally noticed. Leave it to those smart Canadian coaches.

Maybe he'll switch to point guard next year.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Re: TT gives up on shooting left-handed

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

a Pros post about TT for a day and TCF resident Kendrick Lamar has been silent?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 am

Pros is a stat-killer
Who's probably gonna kill again
Lord forgive him
Lord forgive him
Things he don't understand
Sometimes he needs to thread alone...

Lee don't kill his vibe
Lee don't kill his vibe

Pros can feel your energy from two states away
He's got his plus he's got his minus he will share it but today he's yellin...

Tristan Thompson thread
Tristan Thompson thread
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:52 pm

^^^^^ awesome.

Talking about Eyo..wonder what he thinks of the Cavs summer signings, draft, etc.. This is his longest retirement I can remember.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:45 am

Hey, I was pretty proud of myself for posting something about TT that not only didn't have a single stat, but didn't even express an opinion.

I've learned that posters on this board don't like stats and don't like opinions, except those that agree with their own.

Just trying to accommodate.

The interesting part of this is that TT is probably the only NBA player in history to switch his shooting hand well into his pro career. Can't wait to see how it works out. Maybe he'll take more 15-footers. Andy developed a pretty reliable 15-footer after several years in the league. Maybe TT can pull it off, too. He was hitting a 15-foot push shot with his right hand late last season.

I think a lot of people are getting worried he might have a better career than Vala. Wouldn't that be embarassing?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Hey, I was pretty proud of myself for posting something about TT that not only didn't have a single stat, but didn't even express an opinion.

I've learned that posters on this board don't like stats and don't like opinions, except those that agree with their own.

The interesting part of this is that TT is probably the only NBA player in history to switch his shooting hand well into his pro career. Can't wait to see how it works out. Maybe he'll take more 15-footers. Andy developed a pretty reliable 15-footer after several years in the league. Maybe TT can pull it off, too. He was hitting a 15-foot push shot with his right hand late last season.

I think a lot of people are getting worried he might have a better career than Vala. Wouldn't that be embarassing?

TT remains an enigma to me. I have only the lowest hopes for him ever being more than a 7th man on a contender, but he does have a weird development curve.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:28 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Pros is a stat-killer
Who's probably gonna kill again
Lord forgive him
Lord forgive him
Things he don't understand
Sometimes he needs to thread alone...

Lee don't kill his vibe
Lee don't kill his vibe

Pros can feel your energy from two states away
He's got his plus he's got his minus he will share it but today he's yellin...

Tristan Thompson thread
Tristan Thompson thread

Tremendous.
jb

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:49 pm

jb wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:Hey, I was pretty proud of myself for posting something about TT that not only didn't have a single stat, but didn't even express an opinion.

TT remains an enigma to me. I have only the lowest hopes for him ever being more than a 7th man on a contender, but he does have a weird development curve.

You need coaching to figure out which f'ing hand to shoot with?

Really?

Christ?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

“I know I could keep doing what I’m doing (shooting left-handed) and have a good career and make a lot of money,” Thompson told SportsNet. “But I don’t want to be good, I want to be great.”

We'll see.

As I recall he was having pretty good success with a right-handed jump hook in the paint from 5-8' out. (Sorry, no stats on that). The main thing is he needs to get better at finishing at the rim. He was getting too many dunks blocked. But I noticed some progress in the second half as he got better at pump faking and using the glass to avoid getting blocked.

At least we know he's hard at work on his game again this summer.

If Bynum gets doubled in the low post it might free up TT to get to the rim for more put-backs.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 am

Prosecutor wrote:
If Bynum gets doubled in the low post it might free up TT to get to the rim for more put-backs.

Oh good, JJ Hickson 2.0

sorry, saw that show enough for one lifetime
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:53 pm

leadpipe wrote:
jb wrote:

You need coaching to figure out which f'ing hand to shoot with?

Really?

Christ?

You know the stories of Wilt at the FT line, don't you?
jb

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm

^^^^^ They weren't stories....they are true.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA