Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Cracka goin LEARN!

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Cracka goin LEARN!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:46 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Chris, "The way it is" enslaved a race of people here for > 100 years and "The way it is" gave us separate but equal and a wink and a nod when black teens were hanging from sturdy trees in the south.

"The way it is" ain't the fucking way it should be and until it is then we're going to keep living with stupid shit like this and ignorance and intolerance, along with a nice heaping of distrust.

Are you seriously equating those circumstances to the horrible unfairness of white people not being able to call people "niggas"?

Yeah, fight the good fight, big guy.

Are you seriously equating my not wanting to hear anyone say the word and thinking all people should bury it forever as me thinking it's "unfair" that black guys do use it?

Fight the obtuse fight, fella.

Guess that's just the way it is.

Your bullshit is really just too bullshit to even bother with anymore.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Chris, "The way it is" enslaved a race of people here for > 100 years and "The way it is" gave us separate but equal and a wink and a nod when black teens were hanging from sturdy trees in the south.

"The way it is" ain't the fucking way it should be and until it is then we're going to keep living with stupid shit like this and ignorance and intolerance, along with a nice heaping of distrust.

Are you seriously equating those circumstances to the horrible unfairness of white people not being able to call people "niggas"?

Yeah, fight the good fight, big guy.

Are you seriously equating my not wanting to hear anyone say the word and thinking all people should bury it forever as me thinking it's "unfair" that black guys do use it?

Fight the obtuse fight, fella.

Guess that's just the way it is.

Your bullshit is really just too bullshit to even bother with anymore.

Jesus. You just can't say you're wrong, that you don't understand or that you're too wrapped in your own PoV to comprehend what someone else is trying to say so they're full of shit or not worth the time.

Then don't fucking bother, Chris. Make things easier on yourself by all means.

If you can't see there's a difference between me wanting the word to die off and believing all need to refrain from using it for that to happen as opposed to me wishing I could say it cuz the brothas do then you're a comndescending moron with a comprehension problem.

Big guy.

Take care.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 am

peeker643 wrote:Jesus. You just can't say you're wrong, that you don't understand or that you're too wrapped in your own PoV to comprehend what someone else is trying to say so they're full of shit or not worth the time.

Then don't fucking bother, Chris. Make things easier on yourself by all means.

If you can't see there's a difference between me wanting the word to die off and believing all need to refrain from using it for that to happen as opposed to me wishing I could say it cuz the brothas do then you're a comndescending moron with a comprehension problem.

Almost verbatim how I feel about your "takes".

I have no problem comprehending what you're saying, I have a problem comprehending that you expect me to buy it.

You never get or purposely ignore what I'm trying to say to you. There is some kind of logic gap that neither of us can bridge. I have no idea how you get from point A to point Q like you do, and I assume you feel similarly about me. It's like arguing with my ex-wife, god help me. I swear some days you must have given her your account info so she can log on and torture me. There can be no end to the argument and there can be no winning the argument, even if you've "won" it 50 times before (and that goes both ways, we both have that problem).

I like you, Brian, I think you're a good guy. Your online persona... not so much. So I'll try my darnedest to ignore Peeker643 and just talk to Brian McPeek via other means. Peace.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 am

Riley Cooper back in Eagles camp today after what must have been an intensive few days of counseling to fix him.

Good for him!!

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 am

Are you guys getting divorced?

You're both so self-centered. Did you ever stop to think about how this might affect me?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 am

Myself and my white roommate lived in a 2 family house where the other occupants were black. They used to refer to me as the white nigga. Just an anecdote, not really going anywhere with that.

In this case Riley Cooper was clearly just being a dick and deserves whatever he's getting. (Except this bs "sensitivity counseling" that is all the rage these days. Wtf kinda weak shit is that?) But the increased pussification of America in regards to language in general pisses me off. Seattle is trying to ban the term "brown bag lunch" because it has racist connotations. Waitresses are now waiters as its demeaning to give women a different term. (This is also happening with "freshman" turning in to "first year" and countless other gender neutral words.) I dropped the word cunt the other day and almost had my head torn off by a guy I've known for 10+ years, someone who would have had no problem using it a few years ago. We're getting to a point where more words will be taboo than not.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:55 am

motherscratcher wrote:Are you guys getting divorced?

You're both so self-centered. Did you ever stop to think about how this might affect me?

It always affects the little ones the most.

At some point when you mature you will be expected to choose between Hiko or me.

"Mother Has Two Dads (Neither of Whom Want Him)- The Story of How Brandon Weeden and Race Relations in America Destroyed a Happy Family" is a short story I'm currently considering writing.

I should probably shorten the title.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:59 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Myself and my white roommate lived in a 2 family house where the other occupants were black. They used to refer to me as the white nigga. Just an anecdote, not really going anywhere with that.

In this case Riley Cooper was clearly just being a dick and deserves whatever he's getting. (Except this bs "sensitivity counseling" that is all the rage these days. Wtf kinda weak shit is that?) But the increased pussification of America in regards to language in general pisses me off. Seattle is trying to ban the term "brown bag lunch" because it has racist connotations. Waitresses are now waiters as its demeaning to give women a different term. (This is also happening with "freshman" turning in to "first year" and countless other gender neutral words.) I dropped the word cunt the other day and almost had my head torn off by a guy I've known for 10+ years, someone who would have had no problem using it a few years ago. We're getting to a point where more words will be taboo than not.

Sure, but all that being said, no way you'd do what Riley Cooper did, right?

There's not a fine line on that one. That level of moron (which is probably the best light we could paint it in) is indefensible.

EDIT - what do y'all think should've done with the guy? If I'm in charge, I suspend him just for being moron enough to cause a huge locker room and media distraction. Of course I'd have to assign him to sensitivity training to appease the PC crowd, even though that shit probably does nothing. I'd also give him my own sensitivity training which would consist of me telling him not to ever be that fucking stupid again now run 100 laps (if the CBA lets me).

But if he's borderline making the team anyway, I just cut his ass to send a statement to the rest of the morons.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Of course not. That's using an offensive word in an offensive sense and tone.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I have no problem comprehending what you're saying, I have a problem comprehending that you expect me to buy it.

I'm not selling anything. The word is posion and would die the death of the Beta-Max machines if left unused and to rot by all.

If you disagree with that that's fine. I get that. But to call into question whether I believe that's true is incredibly arrogant and condescending. As to the rest that I deleted because work computer squirms with quoting large blocks of text, that's all good.

Best to you and all that. :cheers:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I have no problem comprehending what you're saying, I have a problem comprehending that you expect me to buy it.

I'm not selling anything. The word is posion and would die the death of the Beta-Max machines if left unused and to rot by all.

If you disagree with that that's fine. I get that. But to call into question whether I believe that's true is incredibly arrogant and condescending. As to the rest that I deleted because work computer squirms with quoting large blocks of text, that's all good.

I don't dispute that you feel that way.

I dispute that it had anything to do with your original posts on this topic.

I dispute that your posts of "See? Even little black people use the word!" had anything to do with your undying quest for term eradication. If "no one should say that" was the point you wanted to make, then that's what you would have said following "Riley Cooper is suspended for dropping n-bombs", not a snide (almost defensive) comment indicating that he's hardly the only racist in the league/world.

The shortest distance between 2 points is not a line going sideways.

EDIT - I didn't mean this response as a continuation of an argument that we already know is going nowhere, I just wanted to be clear about what I was calling bullshit on, since I think the way you took it is much more offensive.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I don't dispute that you feel that way.

I dispute that your posts of "See? Even little black people use the word!" had anything to do with your undying quest for term eradication. If "no one should say that" was the point you wanted to make, then that's what you would have said following "Riley Cooper is suspended for dropping n-bombs", not a snide (almost defensive) comment indicating that he's hardly the only racist in the league/world.

It wasn't that a little kid used the word. It was that there are thousands of people out there who found it cute, both black and white. And the intent of the original comment was to infer that regardless of what happened with Cooper that the Eagles locker room has the exact same number of racists as it did before he 'came out'. That making an example of him BECAUSE of the video was hypocritical, from both a black and white perspective.

Every three-six months we're going to be treated to these kinds of stories when some racist redneck gets loose and throws out the million dollar word unless all of that changes.

Meh... just saw your edit. I'm not interested in revisiting it either.

Changes nothing.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:47 pm

You guys can't even agree to disagree.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 pm

pup wrote:You guys can't even agree to disagree.

Bet we both agree you're a dipshit. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:29 pm

It's all the fault of one Brandon Kyle Weeden. You guys got along pretty well under that scatter-shot Ginger was drafted.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:19 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Which of course makes me the least likely person on the planet to actually be a dipshit.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:18 pm

pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Which of course makes me the least likely person on the planet to actually be a dipshit.

I'd agree and offer you a well-deserved, "Touche'" but for the overwhelming historical evidence validating you as a dipshit and others willing to testify to it.

I'll be calling Swerb and Luzier as my first two witnesses.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I'd agree and offer you a well-deserved, "Touche'" but for the overwhelming historical evidence validating you as a dipshit and others willing to testify to it.

My wife will be so disappointed she isn't on that list.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:That was a direct quote JB ;-).

As to FUDU, LOLOLOL.

Yep, a term started by white men on plantations and used while whipping blacks is certainly the same as the term retard or gay.

I don't support any of these terms*, but there is a long history attached to this word, white's using it to put a race down (physically and mentally) and those being put down on those plantations using it as a rally cry to keep them selves together.

This is a word that literally has a history that is directly tied to white men and whips. It's not just some "insult".

For fucks sake, FUDU, you really are the dumbest piece of white trash to ever grace this board. I just hope someone pops finally decides you and your dart are sketchy enough to follow you around and shoot your ass when you turn around.

*I, like every person here can admit to using all of these terms in the past, every single one of them and it was wrong. But growing up in a house and area where the N word is as common as saying hello tends to cause those things. Not to mention growing up where I did I didn't even know the word "Oriental" was offensive till I said it to an Asian friend.

Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Really shocked by FUDU jumping in with the "BUT BLACK PEOPLE SAY IT!!! THEY SHOULDN'T DO THAT!!!!" post.

LOL at the racist waiting for someone, anyone to say something he could cling to in this situation.

You go white trash! YOU GO!

Do you dispute the validity and well reasoned response Williams had you intellectual twerp?

He's admitting it will be hard to look at Cooper the same way, he lost trust in Cooper (a well deserved loss in trust), but also admits he was still doesn't know Cooper well enough to turn his back on him completely. Funny that Williams didn't feel the need to put a bigger target on Cooper's back.

JFC did you pay a lot of money to be a full blown idiot.

Here's as close as I'm coning to touching this with a 30 ft pole.

If Riley decides his mediocre NFL career is over, and he in fact gets fined or suspended, he could become a darling of the racial/culture wars right very easily. That word is used bu African-Americans to other African-Americans on the team on what I would guess is a daily basis. To say he can't becasue of his race ? I can't see any court ruling anything but a straight up 14th Ammendment violation. How would it not? Setting aside any and all common sense, It's essentially the same word that is allowed to be used by one race and not by another at the end of the day. I would LOVE to see the coverage of Scalia asking about the dif between the word ending in an "a" vs an "er". Who would the expert witness be? Lil John? LMAO. It'd make the OJ trial look like a boring traffic violation. Best and stupidest court room drama ever. Talk about being a right wing cause celeb... It's perfect for Cooper. He could run for congress in FLA.

And shout out to Eye... who told you it wasn't cool to drop in your old sig line with the Shaq reference? ;-)

I agree with you, hearing Scalia (& or SCOTUS) speak to this would be a riot, pun intended.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Would your after trial party be bigger or smaller than your celebration after the Zimmerman trial?

Would white hoods be optional?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 pm

peeker643 wrote:I'm not selling anything. The word is posion and would die the death of the Beta-Max machines if left unused and to rot by all.

This is pretty much as simple as it gets.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:46 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Would your after trial party be bigger or smaller than your celebration after the Zimmerman trial?

Would white hoods be optional?

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:53 pm

peeker643 wrote:

It wasn't that a little kid used the word. It was that there are thousands of people out there who found it cute, both black and white. And the intent of the original comment was to infer that regardless of what happened with Cooper that the Eagles locker room has the exact same number of racists as it did before he 'came out'. That making an example of him BECAUSE of the video was hypocritical, from both a black and white perspective.

Every three-six months we're going to be treated to these kinds of stories when some racist redneck gets loose and throws out the million dollar word unless all of that changes.

There ya go - that's the point I contested you were trying to make, and that's the point I was mocking and will continue to mock (silently, from afar), especially in light of your "the word is poison" credo.

I'm sure you can figure out why, you're a sm... you're not dumb.

PS - redneck racists use slurs every day, it only makes the news (and gets punished) when the speaker is a public figure. That's the price you pay when you become a public figure, and everyone on both (all) sides of the fence knows it.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

So, um...... How about the chances of Richardson staying healthy for the whole season?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

There ya go - that's the point I contested you were trying to make, and that's the point I was mocking and will continue to mock (silently, from afar), especially in light of your "the word is poison" credo.

I'm sure you can figure out why, you're a sm... you're not dumb.

PS - redneck racists use slurs every day, it only makes the news (and gets punished) when the speaker is a public figure. That's the price you pay when you become a public figure, and everyone on both (all) sides of the fence knows it.

Nope. I don't get it. I don't get that or the picture of the reel to reel thing FUDU posts. It'll stop when people stop using it. Otherwise the cycle will continue. Athletes and people should know better, yes. And they should know enough to know they're going to be skewered. No issue with that. But they need to do more than skewer and ostracize if this is going to one day end. And educating EVERYONE about it and encouraging all people to kill it is the start.

Maybe I'm missing something.

And yes CDT, T Rich will be healthy as a horse all year and in the playoffs and Weeden will have that breakout season.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 am

peeker643 wrote:Nope. I don't get it. I don't get that or the picture of the reel to reel thing FUDU posts. It'll stop when people stop using it. Otherwise the cycle will continue. Athletes and people should know better, yes. And they should know enough to know they're going to be skewered. No issue with that. But they need to do more than skewer and ostracize if this is going to one day end. And educating EVERYONE about it and encouraging all people to kill it is the start.

The weather this summer has been unseasonably cool, but I for one am not complaining. Saturday, sunny and high of 79? Fuckin' A.

PS - Projector = poster is projecting. At least that's what I assume.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:41 am

Yeah, FUDU being the racist piece of dirty toilet trash he is has turned to the always clever:

"I'm Rubber You're Glue!!" retort.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:19 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Does he know there's only like 6 of us here who remember what those are and who can identify them and some of us are too old to consistently remember anything?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby comish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:31 am

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I volunteer my services too as long as I get to be hostile
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 am

comish wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I volunteer my services too as long as I get to be hostile

When are you not? ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 pm

I like started, like, the most awesome thread EVER.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Nope. I don't get it. I don't get that or the picture of the reel to reel thing FUDU posts. It'll stop when people stop using it. Otherwise the cycle will continue. Athletes and people should know better, yes. And they should know enough to know they're going to be skewered. No issue with that. But they need to do more than skewer and ostracize if this is going to one day end. And educating EVERYONE about it and encouraging all people to kill it is the start.

The weather this summer has been unseasonably cool, but I for one am not complaining. Saturday, sunny and high of 79? Fuckin' A.

I get it now. I thought he was calling Eye "Old Film".
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

I get it now. I thought he was calling Eye "Old Film".

Sure it wasn't "For Reels?" ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

jb wrote:I like started, like, the most awesome thread EVER.

I started typing up a story and dumped. Cracking myself up here it's like saying OUT back in the day on Rome when you knew you lost it. I don't get to Ohio very often at all maybe once every 3-4 years.

Suffice it to say, I was adding to Ey0's story of going back to Ohio, and telling someone to cut it out with all the fucking N-Bombs, except it wasn't family so it actually escalated. As I typed it out, I thought WOW. The story was trash on so many levels. Better to dump.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:06 pm

dmiles wrote:

I started typing up a story and dumped. Cracking myself up here it's like saying OUT back in the day on Rome when you knew you lost it. I don't get to Ohio very often at all maybe once every 3-4 years.

Suffice it to say, I was adding to Ey0's story of going back to Ohio, and telling someone to cut it out with all the fucking N-Bombs, except it wasn't family so it actually escalated. As I typed it out, I thought WOW. The story was trash on so many levels. Better to dump.

So now we are all deprived of an epic installment of Tales from Lake Milton?

Fuck you Miles.

FUCK!

YOU!
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:07 pm

yep, just Ohio. Those east coast metro types are sooooooooooooooooooo much more evolved.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/jackie-robinson-statue-vandalized-with-racial-slurs-and-swastikas/
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:20 pm

That's why Ohioans shouldn't be allowed to travel East of Springfield Mass
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:49 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:That's why Ohioans shouldn't be allowed to travel East of Springfield Mass

Springfield Mass IS Youngstown....
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Damn straight. Only difference is Youngstown isn't that close to an Amherst.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 pm

jb wrote:
dmiles wrote:

So now we are all deprived of an epic installment of Tales from Lake Milton?

Fuck you Miles.

FUCK!

YOU!

There is even a way of weaving Girard and Palmyra to into one event, but ehhhh. Too incriminating...
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL