Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

08/05/2013 - Indians Vs Tigers - Biggest series in 5 years?!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: 08/05/2013 - Indians Vs Tigers - Biggest series in 5 yea

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Let's get scrabble his first win with the Tribe.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm

bookelly wrote: This one's on Tito, he should've yanked him after the lead off double. .

I say after the walk. He did have Victor down 0-2 at one point, I dont think it was that obvious yet at the time of the double.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Well, if we were looking to gain some momentum from this series then I guess a walk-off come from behind win after that top 9th would achieve that.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby 1Perry » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Perez pitched 2 out of the last 4 days. He threw 32 pitches over the last 4 days. I get tired of hearing how someone making 7.5 million dollars to be a closer can't pitch three days in a row especially when the last outing was 12 pitches.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 pm

I get home from work, and I start watching the game in the 8th inning. My intention was to wind down and then go to bed.

Now I'm drinking. I had no intention of drinking anything alcoholic when I got home from work. Yet here we are.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 pm

1Perry wrote:Perez pitched 2 out of the last 4 days. He threw 32 pitches over the last 4 days. I get tired of hearing how someone making 7.5 million dollars to be a closer can't pitch three days in a row especially when the last outing was 12 pitches.

You basket must be full cause your cherry picking. He has pitched in 8 of the last 11 days including 3 in a row 29 thru 31. The man is only human.

Look I cant stand Chris Perez and I dont think hes that good but lets at least bash him for legit reasons....... unless your fake reasons are really funny :dingle:
Last edited by Dnthateonthepronk on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 pm

justmebd wrote:I get home from work, and I start watching the game in the 8th inning. My intention was to wind down and then go to bed.

Now I'm drinking. I had no intention of drinking anything alcoholic when I got home from work. Yet here we are.

You are a sports fan in northeast Ohio. You're not used to this??
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:13 pm

We will remember this one.

Should be some interesting post game interviews.
OldDawg

Unread postby 1Perry » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
1Perry wrote:Perez pitched 2 out of the last 4 days. He threw 32 pitches over the last 4 days. I get tired of hearing how someone making 7.5 million dollars to be a closer can't pitch three days in a row especially when the last outing was 12 pitches.

You basket must be full cause your cherry picking. He has pitched in 8 of the last 11 days including 3 in a row 29 thru 31. The man is only human.

This was a situation where if your arm is falling off you have to go out and do your job. That's why he gets paid 7.3 million dollars.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 pm

I might wake my kids up so they can see me drinking heavily. Better get 'em used to what being a Cleveland fan is all about now.
Last edited by Adverb Harry on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
bookelly wrote:Love how the guy goes for what 16 in a row and blow one...and you guys all call for his head. Guy pitched 5 out of the last 7 days, of course he was gassed. This one's on Tito, he should've yanked him after the lead off double. You could see his stuff wasn't there.

Really, Tito should've left Cory in. Guy had the Eye of the Tiger tonight. Fuck 100 pitches (I think he was at 104), he could've easily gotten you 135.

Yeah I mean you really cant fault Perez for this one, I mean you can cause he blew it, but he didnt blow it cause he sucks or hes an asshole.

All I'm saying is he had 15 saves in a row. Shit happens.

I dunno if he's an asshole. Seems all right to me. I'd smoke with him and watch Mighty Boosh episodes (smoke).
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:I might wake my kids up so they can see me drinking heavily. Better get 'em used to what being a Cleveland fan is all about now.

No! Don't do it man!! That's what your dad did and now look at you! Break the cycle!
OldDawg

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:27 pm

I don't see how you blame Francona....he's just doing what every other manager does in the same situation.

Last week he was pulling all the right strings...even though about a week ago he made a similiar move, the opponent tied the game, but the Tribe won.

Look, at the end of the year these boards look the same in this regard. A manager has a number of decisions a year that are exasberrated by a loss. And people bitch which is puzzling cause about every GD one of em' does the same thing.

The managers on great runs are riding great runs by players - especially bullpens, cause, really, handling the bullpen is about the only thing you need to come out of a gamelong slumber to do.

As far as 3 days in a row - F-ing pennant race, against the team you gotta beat. If you can't be called upon a third day for THAT situation, what's the point of being "the man." Again, show me the team in the league in the EXACT situation that's bringin' in some middle reliever.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 pm

leadpipe wrote:As far as 3 days in a row - F-ing pennant race, against the team you gotta beat. If you can't be called upon a third day for THAT situation, what's the point of being "the man." Again, show me the team in the league in the EXACT situation that's bringin' in some middle reliever.

What he said.
OldDawg

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Perez left the clubhouse before reporters arrived. Smooth move.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:Perez left the clubhouse before reporters arrived. Smooth move.

He hasn't talked to reporters since the arrest. So why is this news?

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Touché.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 pm

It happens. Under a microscope tonight, but it happens. How come nobody's bitching at the offense for two runs on five hits? Your 1 through 4 hitters were 1-for-14 with 5 K and 2 BB.

Yeah, fine, you're in a position to win the game. With a guy who has been tremendous for the last month-plus and has worked a lot in that span and spent time on the DL already this season. He made 14 appearances in July. Add in three more in August. 17 appearances in 36 days is a lot for any reliever, let alone one who isn't used to it. Not to mention, the All-Star Break was in there too. So that's 17 appearances in a span of, what, 32 or 33 games? And seven games in the last 10 days by my count. If he was a LOOGY or something, then that's common. He's not. He's a closer. If we had somebody better in a setup role or middle relief that we could trust for a save every now and then, maybe tonight doesn't happen.

He had 19 appearances from April-June, for what it's worth.

He didn't have it tonight and it was magnified by the importance of the game.

Shake it off and get after it tomorrow.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah!! Our 1 thru 4 hitters suck!!

:hide:
OldDawg

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Devastating loss considering all that went right - Kluber's 7+ shutout innings, great defense including another assist by Brantley, a great catch by Bourn, and two spectacular plays by Kipnis. Not to mention clutch two-out hits by Giambi and Santana and some great relief work by Joe Smith to get Miggy with two on.

It's a shame the Tribe didn't come away with a win. At this point they have to be wondering if they can ever beat Detroit no matter who well they play.

I think they should intentionally walk Cabrera the rest of the series. He can't run. He can barely jog. It would take three hits to score him from first. He could get forced out at second if he were on first on a hard single to right. Putting him on first beats pitching to him.

Speaking of Cabreras, our Cabrera is killing us. The guy is hitting .211 on the season with runners on base and a whopping .158 with RISP and two out. And Tito's got him hitting cleanup?

Very tough to get beat on a three-run dinger by a catcher hitting a buck-97, especially when it's off your closer. I can see the Indians getting swept in this series.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby phutatorius » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:25 pm

What's exasperating to me is that there seem to be unwritten rules, and two of them are:

(1) If you're the closer, you say, "Yeah, I'm good to go, Skip," whether or not you have anything in the tank, and
(2) If you're the manager, you don't yank said closer until *after* he's blown the game.

Those two unwritten rules put us on a collision course with a loss, and everybody in America saw it coming. If Tito and Perez didn't, they were the only two in the zip code. CP shouldn't have made himself available, and Francona shouldn't have left him in after the third batter reached and it was obvious to everyone this was going to end badly.
phutatorius

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Jamey Carroll threw a perfect frame for the Twins tonight. Maxed out at 79 mph. PITCHf/x classified seven of his pitches as changeups and two as knuckleballs.

George Kottaras swung and missed at a pitch.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:02 am

skatingtripods wrote:Jamey Carroll threw a perfect frame for the Twins tonight. Maxed out at 79 mph. PITCHf/x classified seven of his pitches as changeups and two as knuckleballs.

George Kottaras swung and missed at a pitch.

Adorable.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 am

Texas apparently doesn't lose now either. We have to stop the bleeding on this and move on very quickly. It could only take a week or two to get buried in both races.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 am

skatingtripods wrote:Shake it off and get after it tomorrow.

Normally where I'm at, and will be at if they take the next 3, BUT they aren't a good team until they beat the teams that matter most.

Winning 90 games and missing the playoffs is the same at winning 65 games. No one gives a fuck.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:59 am

Erie Warrior wrote:

Normally where I'm at, and will be at if they take the next 3, BUT they aren't a good team until they beat the teams that matter most.

Winning 90 games and missing the playoffs is the same at winning 65 games. No one gives a fuck.

They just swept Texas a week-and-a-half ago and made up 4+ games in the wild card race during their 11-game stretch. I'd say Texas is a team that matters.

They won't win the next three, but they do need two out of three. Escape with a split and see what happens the rest of the way.

You're right. None of it matters unless they make the playoffs. But they don't necessarily have to win the Central to do it, much to my surprise.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:28 am

skatingtripods wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

They won't win the next three, but they do need two out of three. Escape with a split and see what happens the rest of the way.

This. Especially if KC continues their hot streak.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 am

skatingtripods wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

They just swept Texas a week-and-a-half ago and made up 4+ games in the wild card race during their 11-game stretch. I'd say Texas is a team that matters.

You're right. None of it matters unless they make the playoffs. But they don't necessarily have to win the Central to do it, much to my surprise.

Have you looked at Texas schedule the rest of the way , its a joke. 10 games against HOU, 9 vs LAA, 6 vs SEA, and a series against CHISOX, and MIN. I wouldnt be surprised if its Tampa we are chasing , and not Texas when everything is said and done.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:14 am

Our schedule sucks, too. Didn't we have a thread that was about 40 posts too long on that not too long ago?

Just worry about our own business. The rest will take care of itself.

The job now is to win today.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:22 am

I'll be there a couple times in the next 4 days but it certainly would help if people understood this was far more a case of the little train that thought it could just going up a really big hill.

Davey don't beat Goliath regularly and the Tigers are better in pretty much every way. And what we thought might be a big equalizer, the Indians bullpen, might be as bad as Detroit's from top to bottom.

Zero margin for error.

Perez ain't even in the top 5 concerns for me with this team.

Bad night for him to step in it last night.

That's all there is to it. He didn't refuse the baseball. He didn't go up there throwing 88mph. But send any guy in the fucking league out there, Rivera or otherwise, who's not at their best against that lineup and you're probably going to watch a pitcher get his ass kicked.

It's done.

What will be interesting is what that colossal 9th inning turd in the punchbowl does to tonight's pitching plan if the game is close and late and Masterson ain't gonna make the finish line.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 am

peeker643 wrote:What will be interesting is what that colossal 9th inning turd in the punchbowl does to tonight's pitching plan if the game is close and late and Masterson ain't gonna make the finish line.

I've been wondering this myself. Cody Allen didn't exactly look comfortable either.

Masterson needs to be an ace tonight. He can't go out there and give up 5 ER over 6 IP. He has to give you the same kind of start that Kluber did, if not better. A monumental task, but they need it.

It'd be nice if the offense showed up, too.

Zero margin for error.

This. Tigers made two huge baserunning gaffes that cost them runs and it didn't even matter. Indians played nearly flawless for eight innings and it wasn't good enough.

BTW, on that Stubbs ball, I was actually sitting in RF yesterday and I'm glad he played it on a bounce. That thing was sinking in a hurry and if it gets past him, it's a tie game with the go-ahead run on 3B. IMO, he played that the right way. If you're not sure, keep it in front of you.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 am

91.5 mph for Perez on Sunday in Miami. His lowest of the season except for 4/8 against NYY.

Velo was there last night, consistent 92.5+ on the fastball. Command wasn't. At all.

Here's an interesting stat: Chris Perez hasn't had a swing and miss in his last seven appearances.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:21 pm

8 appearances in 11 games. This is what happens when you're the only guy in the bullpen that can get anyone out. This isn't Tito's fault. This isn't Perez's fault. This is the fault of every other worthless, piece of shit arm in the bullpen that can't do their job, forcing Tito's hand.

I, personally, still have no clue as to why Scrabble didn't face Fielder to lead off the 9th when the Indians mentioned Fielder by name as a lefty that Scrabble would have to face.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:09 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:I, personally, still have no clue as to why Scrabble didn't face Fielder to lead off the 9th when the Indians mentioned Fielder by name as a lefty that Scrabble would have to face.

He faced him as the last out of the inning. After the damage had been done. Can't hurt a closer's ego by matching up!

For what it's worth, I was sitting right next to the Indians bullpen with my fiancee and she said Perez was all over the place warming up. At one point during the eighth, he stopped, went and sat down or stood around for a few minutes, and then began throwing again. He also threw a little bit in the second inning, for whatever reason. Maybe to loosen up his shoulder?

They have enough guys with usable platoon splits to patch together one inning in the event that Perez is unavailable. Like tonight, for example.

Last night, Vinnie Pestano not being here and not being effective really hurt them. I think if Pestano's here and pitching well, Perez doesn't get the ball unless Pestano lights a fire.

Hindsight being 20/20, with Fielder, Martinez, Dirks, Avila, you could seriously make a case for going to Hill or Rzepczynski. Small sample size, but Victor's OPS off LHP this year is 142 points lower than off RHP. Other three are lefties. If Leyland counters with Tuiasosopo, so be it.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:11 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:I, personally, still have no clue as to why Scrabble didn't face Fielder to lead off the 9th when the Indians mentioned Fielder by name as a lefty that Scrabble would have to face.

He faced him as the last out of the inning. After the damage had been done. Can't hurt a closer's ego by matching up!

For what it's worth, I was sitting right next to the Indians bullpen with my fiancee and she said Perez was all over the place warming up. At one point during the eighth, he stopped, went and sat down or stood around for a few minutes, and then began throwing again. He also threw a little bit in the second inning, for whatever reason. Maybe to loosen up his shoulder?

They have enough guys with usable platoon splits to patch together one inning in the event that Perez is unavailable. Like tonight, for example.

Last night, Vinnie Pestano not being here and not being effective really hurt them. I think if Pestano's here and pitching well, Perez doesn't get the ball unless Pestano lights a fire.

Hindsight being 20/20, with Fielder, Martinez, Dirks, Avila, you could seriously make a case for going to Hill or Rzepczynski. Small sample size, but Victor's OPS off LHP this year is 142 points lower than off RHP. Other three are lefties. If Leyland counters with Tuiasosopo, so be it.

He threw in the 2nd inning to determine if he was able to go later in the game. He did and said yes. Not that there was a chance in hell he was going to say no.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:12 pm

pup wrote:He threw in the 2nd inning to determine if he was able to go later in the game. He did and said yes. Not that there was a chance in hell he was going to say no.

Didn't think of it then, or now, but that makes perfect sense.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:14 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
pup wrote:He threw in the 2nd inning to determine if he was able to go later in the game. He did and said yes. Not that there was a chance in hell he was going to say no.

Nothing better for a tired arm than throwing to get loose, then sitting for close to 3 hours before firing it back up. Do you know if he was letting it go at that time or just throwing?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm

pup wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:

Nothing better for a tired arm than throwing to get loose, then sitting for close to 3 hours before firing it back up. Do you know if he was letting it go at that time or just throwing?

I wasn't watching, so I can't tell you for sure. But, the way the glove was popping, he wasn't just out there tossing leisurely.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Anthony Castrovince ‏@castrovince 3m
Perez just blew off reporters again today. Said he's not talking for the rest of the year and to "quit asking." #Indians

Chris Perez didn't talk to reporters after last night's blown save. And from what I'm told, he didn't even stay for the final out either.

I wish he had something to calm him down. Something to make him a bit more friendly and cordial. Wonder what that could be...
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:29 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Anthony Castrovince ‏@castrovince 3m
Perez just blew off reporters again today. Said he's not talking for the rest of the year and to "quit asking." #Indians

Chris Perez didn't talk to reporters after last night's blown save. And from what I'm told, he didn't even stay for the final out either.

I wish he had something to calm him down. Something to make him a bit more friendly and cordial. Wonder what that could be...

Still pisses me off that these d-bags make an issue of this and reference it now when Perez hasn't been talking in months. Fuck them and their click-happy bullshit whinings.

Castrovince isn't typically that way, but wtf is the point in saying he won't talk when it hasn't been a fucking issue for 8 weeks?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:46 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Still pisses me off that these d-bags make an issue of this and reference it now when Perez hasn't been talking in months. Fuck them and their click-happy bullshit whinings.

Castrovince isn't typically that way, but wtf is the point in saying he won't talk when it hasn't been a fucking issue for 8 weeks?

Because they want to ask award-winning questions like:

-What when wrong out there tonight?
-How's your arm?
-How's your dog?
-What's the song of the day?
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Anthony Castrovince ‏@castrovince 10m
Update to prior tweet: Francona says Chris Perez came into his office postgame, which obviously refutes what I had been told.

Anthony Castrovince ‏@castrovince 8m
Francona also defended Perez's right to not talk to reporters, did not seem concerned that it could become an issue with teammates.

Because now, all of the sudden, it's relevant. People BLASTED Perez last night for not talking to the media, before these idiots decided to mention that he hadn't talked to them in months. Frankly, I don't think the media likes Perez, so they'll do whatever they can to make him look bad because he won't give them a quote to take out of context and run with. He used to take the bait. He doesn't anymore. That pisses them off.

Faux outrage towards Perez just fuels the narratives about how Cleveland fans unequivocally hate Perez, when, in fact, he has a lot of supporters. They're just drowned out by detractors.

Castrovince should know better than to get caught up in it. But it's a story and he wants page views like everybody else does.

Perez doesn't owe these guys shit. They totally fucked up the initial reports about his drug possession arrest, discussing it as a felony and a large supply of marijuana and they've baited him before. His best course of action is to tell them to fuck off.
Last edited by skatingtripods on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Sometimes following sports is really stupid.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:58 pm

That'd be perfect:

"Perez to Assembled Media: 'I have two words to say- Go Fuck Yourselves'"

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:That'd be perfect:

I honestly can't tell if you are making fun of Perez's intellect here on the two v. three words error above or if you're brain is finally starting to crash.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Can we assume Perez will not be available tonight?

If that's the case, who's closing if it comes to that?

Smith if righties are up, Scrabble if it's Fielder and Dirks?

If we can get Jamey Carroll for a decent prospect in A ball, can he get here by tonight? Anybody know if he can go two nights in a row?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Can we assume Perez will not be available tonight?

If that's the case, who's closing if it comes to that?

Smith if righties are up, Scrabble if it's Fielder and Dirks?

If we can get Jamey Carroll for a decent prospect in A ball, can he get here by tonight? Anybody know if he can go two nights in a row?

Francona already said he's not available. Didn't see anything about who would handle the duties, so he'll probably play matchups.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm

I don't like Perez, but anything that makes the mainstream Cleveland sports media squirm is fine with me. What a useless little fiefdom they have, and like Adam said they need people like Perez to justify their existence.

Oh no, athletes didn't show up to spit out clichés after the game! Where am I going to get my hot sports takes?
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:59 pm

You cannot treat baseball writers and reporters like this, this passive aggression, it will not stand, man.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby phutatorius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:That'd be perfect:

I honestly can't tell if you are making fun of Perez's intellect here on the two v. three words error above or if you're brain is finally starting to crash.

You need to go out right this very minute and watch Midnight Run. This very minute: I mean what else is on TV?
phutatorius

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB