Text Size

College Sports Arena

2014 Recruiting

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: 2014 Recruiting

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:03 pm

OSU leading for Noah Brown after yesterday's visit and he'll be deciding soon. He would be the big X receiver they have needed all along. Showed up at the NJ Rivals Camp this summer and beat out six four star players (before getting his four star bump) to win offensive player of the camp working out at WR and was told by Meyer he would be the X in this class.

Big, strong, fast kid.

BTW: Not sure why 247's list of top schools hasn't been updated but here is his final eight (I went to check his composite, which is held down by Scout and ESPN, whereas he blew up this summer with Rivals and 247 at camps):

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... own-142107
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby furls » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:21 pm

247 had something on him earlier in the week where they said that they thought that if Meyer pushed for a commit right now he would get it. I read he is very good at high pointing the ball and has pretty good ups. Sounds like the perfect X to me. They are still supposed to be in it with Trevion Thompson too. At this point, I am just wondering where they are going to get enough footballs to keep these guys happy.

The scholarship limitations are really going to suck this year. OSU is going to tell 3 very good players that they are full this year. Guys that you know they would've snapped up any other year.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Yeah, Brown said Meyer put it on the table but he wasn't going to commit anywhere until he finished his visits (he goes to Vandy today).

Either way, Trevion is a huge Clemson lean and Meyer will let him go if Brown comes in. Look for Gesicki, Brown and Samuels to be your offensive weapons in this class and no RB.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Don't forget about Paris Campbell.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, I meant remaining. Lonnie Johnson is out there too (though who knows if his hands will get good enough and he won't end up on D).

I don't see how they can fill this class the way they seem to want to without 23 spots. Guys we know they'll wait on are Prince, Samuel, Kwon, G-Ville guys and if they get all of them that doesn't leave them breathing room. Especially since they now seem to need 6 Olinemen thanks to Gardner.

Gesicki feels like a luxury but Urban has straight up told him to take his time and that he'll have a spot. Kid just blew Urban's mind at camp.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:03 am

I throw my hands up in the air with Berrios earning an offer tonight too.

I have no idea who fits in this class at the end of the day outside of Samuel, Prince, Raekwon and G-Ville all having spots till the end.

They did finally tell Hillman there wasn't a spot for him, so that is a move in the right direction.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:02 am

Yeah, I have seen some compare Berrios to Sanzenbacher and while it seems too easy to compare short, fast white guys it seems to be an appropriate comparison. I have no idea who is going to end up in this class either. I can say that with each new offer the odds of Gardner ever playing a snap at OSU plummet.

In the end, Urban knows his number issues. If he offers Berrios, particularly after seeing him camp 2X, you have to think he really loves the kid. He did kill it at the opening with a ridiculously low time in the shuttle (3.81) and a 4.48 40 and a vertical just a couple inches lower than McLaurin's.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 am

Don't know if you guys watched The Opening on TV, but Berrios is a completely different body type than Dane S. He is really powerfully built...short, but with broad shoulders and thick through the middle....big thighs...very quick, very fast...seemed to have magnets for hands.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:36 am

Dan is dead on, Berrios is straight getting profiled. He's 5.8, thick as hell and ran the fastest 20 yard shuttle in the country at The Opening. He's nothing like Sanz.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Sanz was deceptively quick, but he was not thick. Like I said, I hate that people see a short white guy and say "Oh, Dane Sanzenbacher," or see a slower white possession receiver and say, "Brian Brennan." Based on the measurables it seemed like an appropriate comparison, but I will defer to both your opinions on this one.

I do wonder what in the hell would we do with him, Samuel, Wilson, McLaurin and Marshall all on the same team. They are pretty similar players with varyings strengths, but how many shorter WRs do we need in a 2 year period. I know they project to different positions, but none of them is really an outside receiver.

I guess the theory is bring them all in and the best ones play? The others will probably transfer with the quickness? Not a bad strategy, just very different than what we are used to here.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:55 pm

One thing is that Meyer isn't afraid to play a bunch of 5'11 WR's on the outside.

That said he also made it a mission to get a big WR this year (Brown). At least we know Samuel could play DB if need be.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Demetrius-Knox-137783

Top guard in the country just committed. Born and grew up outside of Columbus before moving to Texas. Lifelong Buckeye fan and former UT commit. Brings the total to Four O-linemen with huge heat still being put on getting a JUCO OT to start next year and then a spot being saved for the #2 OT in the country (and maybe another OT out of PA as a back-up plan).

A six O-lineman class would be incredible considering how bad the depth there is.

Of course right now Meyer seems intent on signing 25 so I'm still confused about all that.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Great get.

Next up hopefully Mavety and Prince. On paper this would probably be the best OL class I can remember at tOSU since Adams, Shugerts and Brewster. I think those 3 were all 5 star top 5 guys at their positions their senior year.

Hopefully this OL class turns out to be better -- certainly should be a larger/deeper group.

Oh yeh, and hopefully fewer false start calls with these guys.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby furls » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Wow, you guys work fast. Great news on Knox. He studied film on Andrew Brown (5* DT) so he could destroy him at a Rivals camp, and he did. I love that on so many fronts. If you watch the film of him vs. Brown, he looked like a tackle. I know he is best suited for OG but I think he is athletic enough to play on the outside in a pinch. Great pick up.

Gotta think the heat is on Mavety now.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:46 pm

SO Malik Hooker in too.

I quit.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:33 pm

You beat me to it. I quit also.

Hooker is a great prospect; I just had no idea he had OSU that high or that OSU was willing to take his commitment when they seem to be in great shape for so many prospects. I guess we are going to try to ram 23 or so into this class. I have a feeling Tim Gardner will never set foot in the WHAC again.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm

I guess Hooker takes Noah Brown's spot at SE? He was supposedly extremely impressive as a WR (I know OSU is at least initially recruiting him as a safety).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Still taking him as a safety, doesn't take Brown's spot.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm

That is what they say. I just don't understand how we have room for Brown. There are only 14 spots (15 if you count Gardner's). I don't see how they can do that unless they shut down OL recruiting (aside from Prince).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Hooker had offers from the top B1G programs, lot's of eastern schools and some PAC10 schools.

I notice Hoke also offerred him.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:05 am

Not a bad pick up, I just wonder if he will get much run based on the other guys that OSU has brought in to play safety in recent years. Hooker has only played 1 year of football and is a serious basketball player too, so you have to like his upside. I just wonder if he will develop enough in time for him to make a difference on the field. OSU brought in a great secondary class in 2013 and a pretty good one in 2012. The pickings have been a bit slim at DBs in 2014 thus far, but you know Meyer will bring in some bad asses in 2015. Hooker will have to seize one of those spots in the 2 deep pretty early or he will end up being one of those scholarships that we wish we had back in a couple of years.

2012 Safeties:
Tyvis Powell (effectively a 2013 because of RS)
Devan Bogard (candidates for a medical RS if needed later)
Najee Murray (candidates for a medical RS if needed later)

2013 Safeties:
Vonn Bell
Cam Burrows (I think he ends up here, Webb and Apple are the future CBs)
Jayme Thompson
Darron Lee (probably grows into a LB)
Chris Worley (possibly grows into a LB)

Sam Hubbard (probably grows into a LB or even DE or plays offense?)
Malik Hooker
Erick Smith (not in yet, but you have to think he will be at some point)

None of those guys has established himself as a surefire starter yet, hell none of them have any real game reps (aside from the 2012 guys at ST), but there are some very good-looking guys on that list. If you believe the way too early rumors from the Buckeye players, then it looks like Vonn Bell will be starting at STAR as a freshman this year. Personally, I think our secondary looks like this going forward:

2013:
SS Bryant
FS Barnett
STAR Bell
BCB Roby
FCB Grant/Reeves

2014 (I think the deck gets shuffled at Safety and Bell moves to his more natural FS)
SS Burrows
FS Bell
STAR Bogard **
BCB Apple
FCB Grant/Reeves

FS Bell
SS Burrows
STAR Bogard
BCB Apple
FCB Webb/Reeves

Conley and Lattimore are wildcards here. I am pretty damn confident in the OSU CBs. I love Apple and Webb and I think both are early contributors and long time starters. Now the question becomes what about the other two? Do they grow into safeties, provide depth at CB or move to offense. I think at least one ends up as a WR and it could be either of them, most likely Conley.

**I like Powell alot and I think it will be a battle between Powell and Bogard to see who seizes that STAR spot long term.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:16 am

So, with Urban it's almost impossible to predict a final class, but I'll give it a shot.

Lattimore & Smith - Glenville kids, almost a lock
Holley or Soloman - think we take 1 more D-lineman
McMillan - been in the lead for about a year.....at the top of the coaches board
Samuel - Urban's taken the lead on his recruitment
Brown, Thompson, or Gesicki - Rumors surfacing that Brown may commit shortly
Prince/Mavety/Bookser - I think we only have room for 1...possibly 2 if Mavety wants on board.

That would give us 23 commits if we only land 1 O-lineman. THat seems like an awful lot to me, but with the way they're rucruiting, it almost seems as though they are expecting to have that many spots.

This leaves out some big time kids (Dixon/JuJu/Jamal Adams/Autry/Berrios/Hilliman/Jalen Brown/Wilson/etc.) Once again though, who knows with Urban and this coaching staff.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:36 am

If you are going to try to forecast the class you have to start by estimating the numbers:

I will start there:

14 : Scholarships from graduating seniors
+1 : assuming Gardner never comes back
+2 : Roby and Shazier go pro (foregone conclusion for Roby, 50:50 for Shazier)
+3 : Normal Program attrition (freshman who transfer, upperclassmen who get passed by freshman, trouble makers, etc.)
+1 : Luke Roberts' transfer

That gets us pretty safely to 21. Now the question is do you think any players could blow up and go pro early. Honestly, I really don't see any JRs or RS Sophs that are likely to blow up. So Meyer and co. are going to sit down and have to have some serious heart-to-hearts with some of the fringe players on the team. I am not sure he will actually cut people, but he may arrange for some safe landings (call his buddies at 1AA schools and arrange transfers, etc.). Prime candidates are Bollman's final gift to OSU fans (his 2011 OL class Brown, Carter and Underwood), Darryl Baldwin, Ron Tanner, JT Moore (may not get 5th year), Frank Epitropolus, and perhaps one of the RBs (Dunn or Ball) may leave on their own depending on how the DC shakes out this year.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 am

I think they can probably take 23 in this class without having to go to far to the "SEC way of doing business."

That leaves 7 spots:

-Kwon (is almost certainly in)
-Lattimore
-Smith
-Samuel (literally the #1 guy on the board)

That was the easy part. The last 3 is much tougher.
-Immediately filling OL was a priority here, so I gotta think Mavety is in.
-One more DL, I think Holley is the guy they want.
-One more big WR/H-Back either Brown or Gesicki

That said, I think if Prince wants in late, then they take him too (and I think he does). So I think they are operating like they have 23 spots, 24 if the right guy shows up at the end.

I think the last 7 is:

Kwon
Lattimore
Smith
Samuel
Mavety
Brown
Holley

and
Prince

for a total of 24. Including three 247 Composite 5*'s (McMillan, Prince and Lattimore) and 2 more guys that are right at the cusp of 5* (Webb and Jones). I really like that class, but I do think there are some guys "at the bottom" that are kind of head scratchers (Hubbard for example).

-

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:59 am

Brock Ruble is on campus tomorrow. Considering how things are I fully expect him to commit.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 pm

As long as they get Lattimore, Kwon, Prince and Samuel, I really don't care who the last 3-4 turn out to be. Trust Urban.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 pm

danwismar wrote:As long as they get Lattimore, Kwon, Prince and Samuel, I really don't care who the last 3-4 turn out to be. Trust Urban.

I don't want to sound greedy here, but I would like Thomas Holley too. The team needs depth at NT. I don't want to put all my eggs in the Mike Hill basket, not because I don't like the kid, but not every kid that comes to Columbus dominates! Billy Price may play low enough to be an undersized NT, but I would really like to get a true 2 gapper here.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Maybe we need to count on more spots from "Normal Program Attrition", specifically that 'troublemakers' category ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Cops just cleared Hyde Peeker......
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Mike Farrell reporting that Curtis Samuel is taking a "courtesy" visit to Rutgers and will commit to OSU before September. Ditto for Noah Brown.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:33 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Cops just cleared Hyde Peeker......

I know. I posted that in the Not Good thread.

And I was busting balls.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 am

Collier enrolling early.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Sam Hubbard is playing WR for Moeller this year, FWIW.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:12 am

BN said SS too. I have no idea what he does at OSU. He is an intriguing prospect simply because of his size, but I worry that he may be too much of a project and player without a home.

That said, I think his measurables best line up to make him a ridiculously oversized split end or a right sized TE. It is a matter of how much weight does he put on.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby pup » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:41 am

New site record. Congrats Furls.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby furls » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:34 pm

pup wrote:New site record. Congrats Furls.

Site record for what? Stupidly high expectations for a true freshman?

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh I see, multiple posts....

I my internet has been hiccupping a bit. Maybe I will use my moderator powers for good here and clean that up.

**Edit** Fixed.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 pm

TEH ZOMG , FURLS , U R SO DUM.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 am

4/5* Recruit Curtis Samuel to be in Columbus Thursday or Friday. Samuel wants to decide before his season, and most believe OSU is well out in front. He is officially on commit watch this weekend.

Quite an amazing possible finish out there:

5* McMillan (near lock)
5* Thomas Holley (OSU no worse than 50:50 with positive momentum)
4/5* Mashon Lattimore (near Lock)
4/5* Curtis Samuel (near Lock)
4* Erick Smith (near lock)

This would have to be a top 2-3 class.
4* Mike Gesicki (50:50?)

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:02 am

Gotta get at least one more O-linemen out of Prince, Bookser, Mavety or the kid from Corey Smith's JUCO.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Curtis Samuel is in.

No. 17 in the class.

Has run a 4.36, reportedly...highlights (Kid is from Brooklyn...competition looks awful...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_yn8T34YoA

A second Samuel highlight vid....with some really good field-level film...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJa7MRzL0hI#at=25

danwismar

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:45 pm

danwismar wrote:Curtis Samuel is in.

No. 17 in the class.

Has run a 4.36, reportedly...highlights (Kid is from Brooklyn...competition looks awful...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_yn8T34YoA

A second Samuel highlight vid....with some really good field-level film...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJa7MRzL0hI#at=25

Another big pick up for the Buckeyes. His competition is absolutely horrible, as Dan mentioned. He did show very well at The Opening though, and I believe that 4.36 time was recorded from when he finished in the top 3 of the 40 at The Opening.

Urban just keeps adding more and more speed. Definitely going to be some serious competition in the upcoming seasons, which can only make the team better.
jclvd_23

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:55 pm

His coaching staff is extremely close with the Rutgets staff so even though Samuel couldn't make his second visit this week his coach came down to sit with the OSU staff and watch film, etc, to make sure they felt comfortable with the decision.

A day after his coach landed in C-Bus he's a Buckeye, guess the coach was comfortable.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I like Samuel a lot. Quick and fast. Can't have too much of that.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Just to add on to how well he did at The Opening...Bruce Feldman tweeted this:

Bruce Feldman ✔ @BFeldmanCBS

Never heard of new #OhioState commit Curtis Samuel till #TheOpening. Fast guys with angles couldn't even touch him up there.
1:57 PM - 16 Aug 2013
jclvd_23

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:41 pm

One of the Scout guys tweeting about Bama calling Indy on Terry McLaurin. The overlap and games being played between Bama and OSU since Meyer got here is incredible to watch. The amount of times Meyer has offered someone to have Bama roll up a couple of months later is becoming too numerous to count. Bama has been offering OSU targets from Cali to Mass at a crazy rate.

Meyer is, of course, doing some of the same on his end.

Just crazy gamesmanship between the two top dogs of CFB recruiting.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 pm

That's actually pretty funny.

One of the ways that I triage OSU offers is by looking at their offer sheets and it is pretty amazing how often Meyer's staff is ahead of 'Bama on kids. It really is Meyer vs. Saban out there in NCAAF right now. I know there are other teams that are very talented, but the next 5-10 years of NCAAF is going to be characterized by the collisions between these two programs, both in recruiting and on the field.

I would be very surprised if McLaurin wandered off to 'Bama. He just doesn't strike me as that kind of kid. Samuel is not going to scare him away and I think he knows that they can all be on the field at the same time too. McLaurin relishes being the underrated, scrappy guy.

Man, this team is going to be amazing to watch in 2015.... Wilson (jr.), Marshall (jr.), McLaurin (So.), Samuel (so.) and EGW (fr.) with Ball, Zeke and Dunn (providing no one attrites) running the ball and JT Barrett (or Collier) at QB. Only thing missing is an outside receiver. I have no idea who that will be.

That WR lineup could literally put four laser timed sub 4.45 guys on the field at the same time with a RB that ran a 4.42 (laser timed), and Jalin Marshall who's actually 40 time is a bit of a mystery, but there is no way it is actually the 4.66 he ran at the opening. What Meyer is building should absolutely TERRIFY the B1G.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:17 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:One of the Scout guys tweeting about Bama calling Indy on Terry McLaurin. The overlap and games being played between Bama and OSU since Meyer got here is incredible to watch. The amount of times Meyer has offered someone to have Bama roll up a couple of months later is becoming too numerous to count. Bama has been offering OSU targets from Cali to Mass at a crazy rate.

Meyer is, of course, doing some of the same on his end.

Just crazy gamesmanship between the two top dogs of CFB recruiting.

bama offered Kyle Berger after he committed to tOSU.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:19 pm

ESPN's pretty sweet.....

The Samuel commitment actually dropped OSU a spot in their rankings....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Lots of guys make fun of ESPN or whine about them for all kinds of petty crap.

That said, their recruiting coverage is so terribly bad that they should just stop doing it. I am embarrassed for them. They are bad! Laughably bad.

Samuel is at the very least a very high 4*. He would be a 5* if he played in a decent competition area for sure. He was very good in the Opening against very good competition.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena