Text Size

No Holds Barred

Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Time to go back to the wild west. Arm everyone. Step out of line, get your ass capped.

Thin the herd.


"Wild" west towns were far more safe than eastern cities. A lot had strict gun laws requiring you to turn in your pistols, rifle, or shotgun. Of course people found a way around that by carrying derringers...... the gun that had trouble hitting a target across a poker table.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Time to go back to the wild west. Arm everyone. Step out of line, get your ass capped.

Thin the herd.


"Wild" west towns were far more safe than eastern cities. A lot had strict gun laws requiring you to turn in your pistols, rifle, or shotgun. Of course people found a way around that by carrying derringers...... the gun that had trouble hitting a target across a poker table.


At that point you'd be better off with a good sword sword.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:23 am

Drive down here so I can follow you.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:42 am

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Time to go back to the wild west. Arm everyone. Step out of line, get your ass capped.

Thin the herd.


"Wild" west towns were far more safe than eastern cities. A lot had strict gun laws requiring you to turn in your pistols, rifle, or shotgun. Of course people found a way around that by carrying derringers...... the gun that had trouble hitting a target across a poker table.


At that point you'd be better off with a good sword sword.


Is a sword sword different than just a sword?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:44 am

mattvan1 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Time to go back to the wild west. Arm everyone. Step out of line, get your ass capped.

Thin the herd.


"Wild" west towns were far more safe than eastern cities. A lot had strict gun laws requiring you to turn in your pistols, rifle, or shotgun. Of course people found a way around that by carrying derringers...... the gun that had trouble hitting a target across a poker table.


At that point you'd be better off with a good sword sword.


Is a sword sword different than just a sword?


Yes, of course it is. CDT understands, and can probably better explain the advantages and intricacies of the sword sword over your average, run of the mill, regular sword.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:58 am

Well, comparing the gladius to the Celtic long sword is a matter of use and room. The gladius was a 90% stabbing weapon. Where the long sword requires room to swing and cut, the gladius requires only enough space to deliver a single thrust.

Early Roman swords were copies of Greek versions, either the Xiphos or Kopis, since swords were uncommon weapons in Italy before the Greeks arrived.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Those old Euro's know a thing or two about short swords but if you want a long sword you need to go to Japan.

I think a 2-3 shaku "daito" is a good compromise weapon for both slashing and stabbing. Probably just what every suburban and rurual Ohio household needs to secure the premises. Probably a good option for the collections department of a local dental practice as well.
____________________________________________________________________________

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:01 am

Wow, Charles Barkley with some interesting and some accurate points.....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... rdict.html

CHARLES BARKLEY: Well, I agreed with the verdict. I feel sorry that young kid got killed. But they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. Something clearly went wrong that night. Clearly something went wrong. I feel bad for anybody who loses a kid, but if you looked at the case and you don't make it -- there was some racial profiling, no question about it. But something happened that changed the dynamic of that night, and I know -- that's probably not a popular opinion among most people but just looking at the evidence I agreed with the verdict.

I just feel bad because I don't like when race gets out in the media because I don't think the media has a pure heart, as I call it. There are very few people have a pure heart when it comes to race. Racism is wrong in any, shape, form -- a lot of black people are racist too. I think sometimes when people talk about racism, they say only white people are racist. There are a lot of black people who are racist. I don't like when it gets out there in the media because I don't think the media has clean hands.

MARIA BARTIROMO, CNBC: I'm glad you made that point.

BARKLEY: Obviously I feel sorry that young kid got killed but just judging by the evidence, I don't think that guy should have went to jail the rest of his life. Something happened bad that night, obviously.

BARTIROMO: I like what the juror said, they both should have walked away. And if there is a shadow of a doubt, there is a shadow of a doubt.

BARKLEY: And let me tell you, Mr. Zimmerman was wrong to pursue -- he was racial profiling. I think Trayvon Martin, God rest his soul, I think he did flip the switch and started beating the hell out of Mr. Zimmerman. But it was just a bad situation. And like I said, the main thing I feel bad for, it gives every black and white person who is racist a platform to vent their ignorance.

That's the thing that bothers me the most because I watched this trial closely and I watch all these people are television talking about it. A lot of people have a hidden agenda. You know, they want their racist views, whether they are white or black --

BARTIROMO: The bias comes out.

BARKLEY: The bias, it definitely comes out. It was a bad situation, we all lost. And I feel bad for his parents. You don't ever want to see anybody lose a kid. (CNBC Closing Bell, July 18, 2013)
____________________________________________________________________________

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:41 pm

^
Just read about that myself and was going to post
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: KC,MO
Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Obama's statements seems like a clever way to say "There is no way the DOJ can file a civil rights claim on GZ he is not a racist". At the same time he's appeasing those still angered about the verdict, and trying to show that they with the outcome had been different. Tough call in his shoes, a balancing act.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong this weekend with some of the protests.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:04 am

Glad to see Barkley isn't as stone-cold-stupid as many others.

He has it exactly right from a legal sense.

And he has it exactly right from a 'Zimmerman pursuing' sense.

All the "what would you do if someone following you" or "But he initiated it" doesn't fucking make a difference from a trial perspective and right and wrong and morality has next to nothing to do with application of the law.

And yeah, that's exactly what I meant to say.

If you think it does you're an ignoramus. And if you can't separate the two concepts then you should probably be looking for a different thread.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22669
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:Glad to see Barkley isn't as stone-cold-stupid as many others.

He has it exactly right from a legal sense.

And he has it exactly right from a 'Zimmerman pursuing' sense.

All the "what would you do if someone following you" or "But he initiated it" doesn't fucking make a difference from a trial perspective and right and wrong and morality has next to nothing to do with application of the law.

And yeah, that's exactly what I meant to say.

If you think it does you're an ignoramus. And if you can't separate the two concepts then you should probably be looking for a different thread.


And that's why the media coverage has been deplorable. Cause they run out the 5% that don't understand the above.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:Glad to see Barkley isn't as stone-cold-stupid as many others.

He has it exactly right from a legal sense.

And he has it exactly right from a 'Zimmerman pursuing' sense.

All the "what would you do if someone following you" or "But he initiated it" doesn't fucking make a difference from a trial perspective and right and wrong and morality has next to nothing to do with application of the law.

And yeah, that's exactly what I meant to say.

If you think it does you're an ignoramus. And if you can't separate the two concepts then you should probably be looking for a different thread.

I'm glad to see Charles speak in a reasonable and matter of fact way (although I wonder was his motive true, is he running for office still?). He spoke much better on this situation than he does at his every day job about a sport he played for nearly 20 years.

I don't see many opportunities to give Chuck his props, but this is one of the times.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:43 am

dmiles wrote:Obama's statements seems like a clever way to say "There is no way the DOJ can file a civil rights claim on GZ he is not a racist". At the same time he's appeasing those still angered about the verdict, and trying to show that they with the outcome had been different. Tough call in his shoes, a balancing act.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong this weekend with some of the protests.



It is not possible that Obama is anything but a failed racist, socialist, hard left liberal. Any comment he makes is pro-Black and true to his Kenyan roots. Thus this is a stupid and impossible take despite him being skewered by Tavis Smiley.

You need to read this forum more before posting.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:46 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:And like I said, the main thing I feel bad for, it gives every black and white person who is racist a platform to vent their ignorance.

That's the thing that bothers me the most because I watched this trial closely and I watch all these people are television talking about it. A lot of people have a hidden agenda. You know, they want their racist views, whether they are white or black --



Truer words have never been spoken.

The actual events and alleged crime were immediately thrown into the far background.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:25 am

In Chicago the past few years there have been large numbers of flash mobs almost entirely composed of mid-teens to late teen age African American's. These flash mobs are usually composed of 10-20 teens -- mainly boys but some girls as well. They usually just steal smart phones, purses, wallets and beat some people up.

They are doing this in the best/nicest neighborhoods in Chicago--Michigan Ave, Gold Coast, Loop, Near North Side, South loop, etc..

I am not in Chicago much these days but my neighborhood recently had a murder committed (1/2 block from my house) by a few youths of the description above (not a flash mob but 2-3 youths meeting the description above). This is after many flash mob actions in the neighborhood the past few years. The flash mob stuff is just muggings and strong-arm theft -- not murders though from what I know.

There is a neighborhood blog/site for my neighborhood and lots of recent "advice" on there from people saying what to do if you see large groups of "suspicious looking black youths". The human/decent person in me totally wants to puke when I see racist statements like that. At the same time, the pragmatic, realist in me understands why some people are saying that....fucking conflicted as hell.

The neighborhood part of this of course shouldn't matter since there is a lot worse shit going on in a lot of other places...
____________________________________________________________________________

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:14 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:
There is a neighborhood blog/site for my neighborhood and lots of recent "advice" on there from people saying what to do if you see large groups of "suspicious looking black youths". The human/decent person in me totally wants to puke when I see racist statements like that. At the same time, the pragmatic, realist in me understands why some people are saying that....fucking conflicted as hell.



I think anyone who isn't naive or Ted Nugent is pretty much here with you in this area code.

BTW, the Coventry Family Arts Fair was cancelled for similar concerns.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:39 pm

jb wrote:
dmiles wrote:Obama's statements seems like a clever way to say "There is no way the DOJ can file a civil rights claim on GZ he is not a racist". At the same time he's appeasing those still angered about the verdict, and trying to show that they with the outcome had been different. Tough call in his shoes, a balancing act.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong this weekend with some of the protests.



It is not possible that Obama is anything but a failed racist, socialist, hard left liberal. Any comment he makes is pro-Black and true to his Kenyan roots. Thus this is a stupid and impossible take despite him being skewered by Tavis Smiley.

You need to read this forum more before posting.


Ahh Tavis, sticking his neck out there a bit he hasn't done much of that lately that I am aware of (since I haven't heard his name lately anyway).... The bitching is all just setup for shout-fest "news" shows where all the guys in suits and leggy women (Guilfoyle) get to take a side and discuss. Even if they all agree.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:21 pm

jb wrote:
dmiles wrote:Obama's statements seems like a clever way to say "There is no way the DOJ can file a civil rights claim on GZ he is not a racist". At the same time he's appeasing those still angered about the verdict, and trying to show that they with the outcome had been different. Tough call in his shoes, a balancing act.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong this weekend with some of the protests.



It is not possible that Obama is anything but a failed racist, socialist, hard left liberal. Any comment he makes is pro-Black and true to his Kenyan roots. Thus this is a stupid and impossible take despite him being skewered by Tavis Smiley.

You need to read this forum more before posting.

Oh c'mon on JB as if BHO doesn't serve some of his own bias with his policy making or support of new policy.

http://nation.foxnews.com/obama/2012/07/27/president-obama-backs-race-based-school-discipline-policies

...and his outlook on housing equality, http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2563828336001/

Social engineer much?

Dude's a clown, he part of the worst 16 years of presidency in our lifetime.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:13 pm

FUDU wrote:A BLACK MAN SHOULD NEVER BE PRESIDENT!@$!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
FUDU wrote:A BLACK MAN SHOULD NEVER BE PRESIDENT!@$!!



The last cry of a desperate administration and its Hopeless supporters^^^^ aka Gots Nuttin'

Ironic isn't it...that the black man who became president drove the wedge of racial division back to the 60's...??? That he has totally fucking blown the tremendous opportunity he was afforded to bring US together- and all he's accomplished is moneufuckingmental FAIL!

The man's been a constitutional disgrace domestically and a total fucking embarrassment as a world leader who has the respect of absolutely NO ONE!

Everything he's touched has turned into a steaming pile of dog shit

...but keep on with your race baiting...you da man!
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 am

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
dmiles wrote:Obama's statements seems like a clever way to say "There is no way the DOJ can file a civil rights claim on GZ he is not a racist". At the same time he's appeasing those still angered about the verdict, and trying to show that they with the outcome had been different. Tough call in his shoes, a balancing act.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong this weekend with some of the protests.



It is not possible that Obama is anything but a failed racist, socialist, hard left liberal. Any comment he makes is pro-Black and true to his Kenyan roots. Thus this is a stupid and impossible take despite him being skewered by Tavis Smiley.

You need to read this forum more before posting.

Oh c'mon on JB as if BHO doesn't serve some of his own bias with his policy making or support of new policy.

http://nation.foxnews.com/obama/2012/07/27/president-obama-backs-race-based-school-discipline-policies

...and his outlook on housing equality, http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2563828336001/

Social engineer much?

Dude's a clown, he part of the worst 16 years of presidency in our lifetime.



FUDU you're not hearing me. You, Terrible Ted, and others have convinced me. This outrage you prove about a POTUS injecting personal opinions into administrative policy is clearly a brand new and insidious threat to the Republic. Its just the latest screw up of a line of screw ups. After the 00's this country should have been quickly on the right track but these disasterous radical departures toward socialism and rapid pacifist military draw downs have also damaged our prestige. Syria should be blown the fuck up in shock and awe months ago and US friendly Iraqi democracy installed.

The one thing I could never groc was if Hussein was so radical left why the radical left keeps skeweing him, with Smiley being the latest. But for years now Maddow, Ed Schultz, "Rev" Al and other have been lambasting his policies and positions as too moderate. But nmow I undertand. They are propping up the myth of his positions so he can ram thru the bigger agenda items like race based discipline policies and ending stand your ground laws in all 50 states. Holder is so skilled that once he's on that it wont be long before its the Kennedys at ole Miss all over again.

so yeah, man, I finally get it. The wisdom and details you have provided over time finally have me seeing the light. Rail on man!

Rand Paul 2016!
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 am

It's okay, the right is going to walk back women's rights to where all you need is a club and a cave.

So..... yay liberty! (for the unborn fetuses, after birth you go fuck yourself needy baby!)
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:It's okay, the right is going to walk back women's rights to where all you need is a club and a cave.

So..... yay liberty! (for the unborn fetuses, after birth you go fuck yourself needy baby!)



Hussein's fault. He began the concept of injecting persona opinion to policy.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:33 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
dmiles wrote:Obama's statements seems like a clever way to say "There is no way the DOJ can file a civil rights claim on GZ he is not a racist". At the same time he's appeasing those still angered about the verdict, and trying to show that they with the outcome had been different. Tough call in his shoes, a balancing act.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong this weekend with some of the protests.



It is not possible that Obama is anything but a failed racist, socialist, hard left liberal. Any comment he makes is pro-Black and true to his Kenyan roots. Thus this is a stupid and impossible take despite him being skewered by Tavis Smiley.

You need to read this forum more before posting.

Oh c'mon on JB as if BHO doesn't serve some of his own bias with his policy making or support of new policy.

http://nation.foxnews.com/obama/2012/07/27/president-obama-backs-race-based-school-discipline-policies

...and his outlook on housing equality, http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2563828336001/

Social engineer much?

Dude's a clown, he part of the worst 16 years of presidency in our lifetime.



FUDU you're not hearing me. You, Terrible Ted, and others have convinced me. This outrage you prove about a POTUS injecting personal opinions into administrative policy is clearly a brand new and insidious threat to the Republic. Its just the latest screw up of a line of screw ups. After the 00's this country should have been quickly on the right track but these disasterous radical departures toward socialism and rapid pacifist military draw downs have also damaged our prestige. Syria should be blown the fuck up in shock and awe months ago and US friendly Iraqi democracy installed.

The one thing I could never groc was if Hussein was so radical left why the radical left keeps skeweing him, with Smiley being the latest. But for years now Maddow, Ed Schultz, "Rev" Al and other have been lambasting his policies and positions as too moderate. But nmow I undertand. They are propping up the myth of his positions so he can ram thru the bigger agenda items like race based discipline policies and ending stand your ground laws in all 50 states. Holder is so skilled that once he's on that it wont be long before its the Kennedys at ole Miss all over again.

so yeah, man, I finally get it. The wisdom and details you have provided over time finally have me seeing the light. Rail on man!

Rand Paul 2016!


Well I don't know to what level you're being serious or sarcastic or both, if the latter I can't help you and only ask that you clarify so I don't lump you in a generalization that I lump most of is cum guzzlers into.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:It's okay, the right is going to walk back women's rights to where all you need is a club and a cave.

So..... yay liberty! (for the unborn fetuses, after birth you go fuck yourself needy baby!)


I think they've given up and want go for 4th trimester abortions.

On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:01 am

Looks like one of the jurors came out and says she made a mistake and Georgiboy was guilty, at least of manslaughter. because that's helpful.

She was confused but held out to the bitter end.

She wants to apologize to TM's parents. But don't worry! God will take care of it later.

Statements like these are not at all self-serving, and good for everyone involved.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 am

motherscratcher wrote:Looks like one of the jurors came out and says she made a mistake and Georgiboy was guilty, at least of manslaughter. because that's helpful.

She was confused but held out to the bitter end.

She wants to apologize to TM's parents. But don't worry! God will take care of it later.

Statements like these are not at all self-serving, and good for everyone involved.



Then she shouldn't have caved.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:52 pm

jb wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Looks like one of the jurors came out and says she made a mistake and Georgiboy was guilty, at least of manslaughter. because that's helpful.

She was confused but held out to the bitter end.

She wants to apologize to TM's parents. But don't worry! God will take care of it later.

Statements like these are not at all self-serving, and good for everyone involved.



Then she shouldn't have caved.


It's part of the deliberation process, and probably happens hundreds of times a day in our justice system. There have been plenty of jurors who walked into deliberation feeling one way and then once instructed on the specifics of the law (and discussing with fellow jurors) left the room feeling much different about the verdict.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:54 pm

You think she feels the same about OJ?
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:22 pm

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Looks like one of the jurors came out and says she made a mistake and Georgiboy was guilty, at least of manslaughter. because that's helpful.

She was confused but held out to the bitter end.

She wants to apologize to TM's parents. But don't worry! God will take care of it later.

Statements like these are not at all self-serving, and good for everyone involved.



Then she shouldn't have caved.


It's part of the deliberation process, and probably happens hundreds of times a day in our justice system. There have been plenty of jurors who walked into deliberation feeling one way and then once instructed on the specifics of the law (and discussing with fellow jurors) left the room feeling much different about the verdict.


This isn't 12 Angry Men. She didn't feel one way and then become enlightened by instructions on the specifics of the law. She voted to let the guy off. Left the room and saw the shitstorm. Then changed her mind about the verdict she'd helped render.

She's an asshole.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:16 am

Well let's be honest about the legitimacy of the shit storm first.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:38 am

A little different perspective:

I'm not going to say B29 was misquoted...she did say "Zimmerman got away with murder", but it was in response to a leading question that contained the words "Zimmerman got away with murder" See how the news selectively edited her remarks here:

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... -Juror-B29

She also said: "I know I went the right way, because by the law and the way it was followed is the way I went."

So she knew Zimmerman killed a guy. Who doesn't? But she followed the law. I can't say it better than James Taranto did yesterday:

B29 turns out to be the very model of civic virtue. She didn’t play God by mistaking her prejudice for omniscience. Instead she put it aside, examined the facts, applied the law, and concluded that the prosecution had failed to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. She was therefore obliged to find him not guilty, notwithstanding her personal feeling that he was not innocent.

Whether or not it was good form to speak publicly after the trial–and let us note that B29 was not the first Zimmerman juror to do so–she performed the juror’s role flawlessly.

And Lisa Bloom’s suggestion that B29 should have taken the opportunity “to stand her ground in the jury room”–ha ha, “stand her ground,” get it?–is irresponsible and despicable. Bloom is calling for jury nullification of fundamental constitutional rights: the presumption of innocence and the requirement that prosecutors prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.


Here's an explanation from Will Saletan on the reliably lefty website Slate:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ramed.html
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Only in America.

We have constitutionally guaranteed rights that protect us from incriminating ourselves (in a system in which innocence is presumed over guilt) and yet b/c a verdict comes out that displeases some people (mainly the media and their sheep) that constitutional right and the concept of innocent UNTIL proven guilty is no longer valid and needs over turned.

::doh:: x 1,000,000
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:01 pm

FUDU wrote:Only in America.

We have constitutionally guaranteed rights that protect us from incriminating ourselves (in a system in which innocence is presumed over guilt) and yet b/c a verdict comes out that displeases some people (mainly the media and their sheep) that constitutional right and the concept of innocent UNTIL proven guilty is no longer valid and needs over turned.

::doh:: x 1,000,000


Her verdict was spot on.

Unfair situation, horrible case from the prosecution.....all this. But Christ, that was a very clear judicial decision.

She's a bigger buffoon if she votes him guilty.

This looks an awful lot like she's trying to shed the "Uncle Tom" tag that a bunch of morons will try to put on her.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Yep, exactly what it is.

Sad that now a days people on these type of juries feel compelled to speak up about their feelings and what went on in deliberation.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Maybe they just needed money for some skittles???

http://deadspin.com/texas-rangers-relie ... socialflow
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm

To think that stuff only happens in Cleveland...
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:08 pm

leadpipe wrote:
FUDU wrote:Only in America.

We have constitutionally guaranteed rights that protect us from incriminating ourselves (in a system in which innocence is presumed over guilt) and yet b/c a verdict comes out that displeases some people (mainly the media and their sheep) that constitutional right and the concept of innocent UNTIL proven guilty is no longer valid and needs over turned.

::doh:: x 1,000,000


Her verdict was spot on.

Unfair situation, horrible case from the prosecution.....all this. But Christ, that was a very clear judicial decision.

She's a bigger buffoon if she votes him guilty.

This looks an awful lot like she's trying to shed the "Uncle Tom" tag that a bunch of morons will try to put on her.


And just to be clear, here, my point (my only point) was that this idiot should have just shut the fuck up. Just shut up. There's nothing that she could have said to make anyone feel any better about the situation.

Why can't people just keep fucking quiet?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 am

Rather fitting for a case in which it certainly seems like Zimmerman should have STFU and Martin should have STFU.

Not to mention the media should have STFU.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:55 am

jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Dwayne Wade doing some damage to his own reputation, While earning street cred...

http://www.hothothoops.com/2013/8/6/4596232/dwyane-wade-honors-trayvon-martin-with-sons
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: KC,MO
Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:13 pm



a far more interesting HuffPo article. Yea, the have a Pulitzer and all, but just because the Drudge report sucks does the left feel they need their own tabloid as well?


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/porn-star-nina-hartley-real-sex_n_3708132.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Zimmerman, let the circus begin

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:23 pm



There were handful of legal analysts saying this during the first day of the criminal trial. It will be interesting to see how the family approaches this.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests