Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Chiz isn't worried

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Chiz isn't worried

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 am

From mlb.com:

Lonnie Chisenhall is just chalking it up as a bad week. The young Indians third baseman does not believe the assortment of defensive miscues over the past several days are a sign of a larger problem.

Chisenhall said errors simply come with the territory down the third-base line.

"I feel fine. Third base is a tough position," Chisenhall said on Wednesday morning. "You're going to get errors that you don't have any control over. Some balls are going to hit off your shoulder. Balls are going to hit off your shins. You can't control a lot of that stuff.

That's right, you can't control balls hitting you in the shins or shoulders when you're trying to field them. You also can't control pop-ups missing your glove or throws missing the first baseman by ten feet. It all just comes with the position.

So everybody just lay off Lonnie. It's not his fault.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Re: Chiz isn't worried

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Chiz' words just inspired me to talk to my boss. I said. hey man, it's Friday afternoon. Maybe I'll get some more shit done, but maybe I won't. And next week I'll probably F some stuff up, but that's the way it goes. Anyway, my check got direct deposited, right?"
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:23 pm

I could see where a 3B would have no control over throwing the ball somewhere within 10 feet of the catcher.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

My first thought when I read this title was "well he SHOULD be!" Image
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Loved watching Aviles play 3rd tonight. He came up with every ball cleanly and every throw was right on target. I know he's a .250 singles hitter but I really need a break from watching Chiz butcher ground balls, let pop-ups drop, and air-mail throws past the catcher and 1st baseman.

I wonder if Tito will keep him there or if he's just in against lefties. I think he's platooning Chiz and Aviles now. He may DH Reynolds against lefties, but after the game Raburn had I don't see how. Four hits, including the game-winning HR and a line drive to the left fielder in six AB's. Nice game.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB