Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Game of Thrones

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

I approve of this message.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/that-g ... ome-notes/

But to be honest, the message-writer really should have flattened all four tires first. It only seems appropriate.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:27 am

justmebd wrote:I approve of this message.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/that-g ... ome-notes/

But to be honest, the message-writer really should have flattened all four tires first. It only seems appropriate.


Totally agree. That message means nothing without aggression.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:52 pm

They debuted a deleted scene from season 3 at Comic Con. The audio isn't the best, but it's good enough. REALLY good scene. Just makes me want Season 4 to start ASAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pSSz_qfTog
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Comic Con, Nerd Paradise.

Image
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Comic Con, Nerd Paradise.

Image

I should scan and post the pic of me at 19 years old at GenCon with a Cosplay chick. I look AWFUL.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 pm

https://twitter.com/Pau1West/status/403077860367155200

Every death in Game of Thrones books tagged.

Image
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 pm

They...just....keep.... getting.... thicker.

I don't even remember what book we are on.

Go Ro....oh wait. Freys!
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:20 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:They...just....keep.... getting.... thicker.

I don't even remember what book we are on.

Go Ro....oh wait. Freys!


We're on the green one.

That's 2 seasons, this upcoming season is the 2nd half of that book.

The red book and silver book will probably be combined into 1 season since someone must've gotten a contract after Book 3 that stipulates he no longer needs an editor.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 pm

If they combine those 2, there will be like 10 deaths per episode, might cut in on the boobage time is all i'm sayin'.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I've been re-watching the last season over the past week or so, and the 2nd time around, the Red Wedding is still hard to watch. I want nothing more than to see Freys' heads on pikes. I hope the surviving Northmen or the Brotherhood Without Banners wage a guerrilla war against those treacherous swine. Leave Frey corpses littering the road and swinging from trees.

The Unsullied are the most badass looking soldiers since the Immortals in 300.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:28 am

Just about done with the 2nd book. Only took me a year.

The show has done a great job of following the books, well, so far.

I excel at reading.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:49 am

Apparently the guy who plays Joffery is going to quit acting after the next season... So that could be considered a spoiler of sorts. It suggests that Joffery will not be in season 5. Unless they intend to replace him with another actor, which I don't think I would like since dude is the perfect spoiled piece of shit "king".

Martin should hurry up with that next book. Or the show is going catch up. It'll probably be 2,000 pages long.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Apparently the guy who plays Joffery is going to quit acting after the next season... So that could be considered a spoiler of sorts. It suggests that Joffery will not be in season 5. Unless they intend to replace him with another actor, which I don't think I would like since dude is the perfect spoiled piece of shit "king".

Martin should hurry up with that next book. Or the show is going catch up. It'll probably be 2,000 pages long.


By all accounts he's apparently one of the most fantastic human beings anyone has ever known. How he can pull off Joffrey so perfectly is astounding.

I read that he wants to spend his time helping people in Haiti or something.

Makes me feel like a selfish asshole is what he does. Fuckin little jerk.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Well then we should all enjoy watching him die.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Well that officially spoils it......

We're also getting a new Mountain. A Norwegian strongman or some shit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Well that officially spoils it......


Dude can't hold his smoke, that's what it is. Appears Hiko is bursting at the seams to spill the story ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Well that officially spoils it......

We're also getting a new Mountain. A Norwegian strongman or some shit.


Won't this be the third mountain? The Mountin has become the Spinal Tap drummer of GOT.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Yep. 3rd one. Shorter too, the first 2 were over 7 feet tall, 6'9'' is the new guy.

In 3 seasons I think the character has said about 4 lines, and one of them was "Sword!" we he killed that horse.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 am

I'm assuming everyone is up-to-date on the South Park "Black Friday" trilogy and the absolutely awesome "Weiner Song?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmO5IxbUpTE
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Just read Indira Varma is going to be in season 4. That's 3 people from Rome that are now in GoT. You got Caesar, Brutus, and Lucius Vorenus' wife.

No room for Titus Pullo?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Jesus- There are some people deeply, DEEPLY into this thing.

Guess I have to re-read all the books now and get back to it.

http://the-artifice.com/the-winds-of-wi ... icipate/4/
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:35 pm

People love that stuff. I'm stuck about 1/5 of the way through the 5th book. It's really turned into a slog for me.
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:10 pm

3/4 of the way through the 3rd book. I read at a glacial pace.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:3/4 of the way through the 3rd book. I read at a glacial pace.


Plan on spending 10x as long on books 4 and 5. Because they truly move at a glacial pace.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:3/4 of the way through the 3rd book. I read at a glacial pace.


Plan on spending 10x as long on books 4 and 5. Because they truly move at a glacial pace.

Especially any Daenerys chapters. Those are like "Um... who are all these people again? And why should I care?"

Get The Fuck Moving Daenerys.

But looking forward to the new season. Lots of good stuff scheduled.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:29 pm

SO many cool things going to go down this season.

And then we get to see how the producers handle the clusterfuck that is Books 4 & 5 (More Book 4, though).
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 am

justmebd wrote:SO many cool things going to go down this season.

And then we get to see how the producers handle the clusterfuck that is Books 4 & 5 (More Book 4, though).


Can you sort of have Seasons 5+ be just "loosely based on books written by George RR Martin" without really pissing off George RR Martin?

Guess they'll just have to insert some more soft core porn a la 2 random naked girls torturing Theon.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:SO many cool things going to go down this season.

And then we get to see how the producers handle the clusterfuck that is Books 4 & 5 (More Book 4, though).


Can you sort of have Seasons 5+ be just "loosely based on books written by George RR Martin" without really pissing off George RR Martin?

Guess they'll just have to insert some more soft core porn a la 2 random naked girls torturing Theon.

POSSIBLE BOOK SPOILERS: Brienne's storyline in Book 4 could literally be done in two episodes MAX. And I still think that would be stretching things. How that storyline encompassed some 300-400 pages in Book 4 still floors me. At least it felt like 300-400 pages, I'm not going back to count.

There's room to play around with the Jon Snow and Stannis storyline. that could fill out episodes without "padding."

Obviously, More Tyrion.

The show may start working on the BIG character reveal at the end of Book 5 earlier. Working in the visual medium, you could have the bombshell character introduced without actually saying who he is until whenever it made sense to make the big reveal.

I trust these guys. And we'll have to since it recently was pointed out to me Martin never actually has finished any series he's started in his life. At the rate he's going, if we get Book 6 we'll have to consider ourselves lucky.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:21 pm

justmebd wrote:POSSIBLE BOOK SPOILERS: Brienne's storyline in Book 4 could literally be done in two episodes MAX. And I still think that would be stretching things. How that storyline encompassed some 300-400 pages in Book 4 still floors me. At least it felt like 300-400 pages, I'm not going back to count.


DEFINITE BOOK SPOILER: What, you're not fascinated by her travelling all the way out to the Fingers (or wherever) for no reason and then coming back?

Which is STILL more interesting then Dany mired in Mereen.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:POSSIBLE BOOK SPOILERS: Brienne's storyline in Book 4 could literally be done in two episodes MAX. And I still think that would be stretching things. How that storyline encompassed some 300-400 pages in Book 4 still floors me. At least it felt like 300-400 pages, I'm not going back to count.


DEFINITE BOOK SPOILER: What, you're not fascinated by her travelling all the way out to the Fingers (or wherever) for no reason and then coming back?

Which is STILL more interesting then Dany mired in Mereen.

Good Point.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:39 pm

We are mere hours away from the beginning of Season 4.

Who dies first?
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm giddy as a school girl.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Finally plowed through the rest of the 5th book these last couple of weeks after a needed couple months off. Can't wait for the show!
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Almost done with book 3.

I'll have to read books 4 and 5, but by the sound sounds of it I'll be collecting Social Security by that time.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:42 am

Book 4 is painful at times, boring in others. Brienne's parts in that book are just awful. Book 5 is...ok. The Dany parts though were the most boring to me. Which is a shame, because I liked a lot of her earlier stories.
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:47 am

And the show is slowly transforming Arya into the complete badass she is in the books.

I think I had a nerd stiffie the entire episode.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Brave new world in Westeros. Glad to see Arya with her sword back. I hope we get a little more of "The Wacky Adventures of Arya and the Hound". Id watch that show.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Yeah, they have a sort of demented father/daughter relationship. He even got her a pony!
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:41 pm

It appears that Joffrey's getting married in this upcoming episode.

That might be worth checking out...
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:09 am

Not enough purple, not enough blood.

But at least he's dead. It even looks like Olenna did it, just like in the book.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:55 am

Ah, the "Purple Wedding". I loved the way they made him look, personally. A fitting end for someone everyone hates.

I also loved that they followed it with "The Rains of Castamere" in the closing credits.

Future book/show spoilers (highlight to view):

Interesting that they didn't include Penny in the dwarf tournament, unless I somehow missed her? To me it looked like all 5 were males though.

And yes, it looks like Olenna will be behind it. Sansa was missing a stone on her necklace (the one to the far right, as we're looking at her). And Olenna was by the cup for a long time with everyone distracted.

Should see Littlefinger again next week, I'd imagine. He's been absent for too long.

And how do they end this season? So many cliffhangers to choose from - Tywin, Lady Stoneheart, Lysa...that's a tough choice.
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:09 am

StewieG wrote:Ah, the "Purple Wedding". I loved the way they made him look, personally. A fitting end for someone everyone hates.

I also loved that they followed it with "The Rains of Castamere" in the closing credits.

Future book/show spoilers (highlight to view):

Interesting that they didn't include Penny in the dwarf tournament, unless I somehow missed her? To me it looked like all 5 were males though.

And yes, it looks like Olenna will be behind it. Sansa was missing a stone on her necklace (the one to the far right, as we're looking at her). And Olenna was by the cup for a long time with everyone distracted.


Should see Littlefinger again next week, I'd imagine. He's been absent for too long.

And how do they end this season? So many cliffhangers to choose from - Tywin, Lady Stoneheart, Lysa...that's a tough choice.



The "highlight to view" immediately moves your response to leader in the clubhouse for post of the year.

Unfortunately, replying no longer masks your spoilers, and thus you are DQ'd. ;-) ;) :wink:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:07 am

justmebd wrote:Not enough purple, not enough blood.

But at least he's dead. It even looks like Olenna did it, just like in the book.


Dude :thumbdown:
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 am

motherscratcher wrote:
justmebd wrote:Not enough purple, not enough blood.

But at least he's dead. It even looks like Olenna did it, just like in the book.


Dude :thumbdown:

I said "looks like," you never know what direction the show may go. :spar:
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 pm

mattvan1 wrote:The "highlight to view" immediately moves your response to leader in the clubhouse for post of the year.

Unfortunately, replying no longer masks your spoilers, and thus you are DQ'd. ;-) ;) :wink:



Image
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:21 am

After watching the episode, I was reminded of Bill Murray in Ghostbusters: "I'm gonna MISS him!"

With GRR Martin writing so many of these episodes, I kinda wonder if he's gonna abandon the books and keep everyone in the dark for the last couple seasons by ending the series on screen.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

Hikohadon wrote:After watching the episode, I was reminded of Bill Murray in Ghostbusters: "I'm gonna MISS him!"

With GRR Martin writing so many of these episodes, I kinda wonder if he's gonna abandon the books and keep everyone in the dark for the last couple seasons by ending the series on screen.


I hope he has finished them already and they are just lying there waiting to be published.Because that fat ass is a massive coronary waiting to happen.

Actually, I don't care. I gave up watching the series because I read the books and by the end of boook five I didn't care if there was another one.

Long live Tyrion and Arya. Otherwise the books were becoming an excellent and safe substitute for muscle relaxers and pain meds.

YMMV
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:After watching the episode, I was reminded of Bill Murray in Ghostbusters: "I'm gonna MISS him!"

With GRR Martin writing so many of these episodes, I kinda wonder if he's gonna abandon the books and keep everyone in the dark for the last couple seasons by ending the series on screen.


I hope he has finished them already and they are just lying there waiting to be published.Because that fat ass is a massive coronary waiting to happen.

Actually, I don't care. I gave up watching the series because I read the books and by the end of boook five I didn't care if there was another one.

Long live Tyrion and Arya. Otherwise the books were becoming an excellent and safe substitute for muscle relaxers and pain meds.

YMMV


One of the reasons I hope they sink their efforts into the series is that Book 4 and 5 went off the rails and without a Book 6 in sight, maybe just focus on the superior product at this point.

I see very little way the series doesn't improve on 4 & 5.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah, they're already starting some of the book 4/5 plots. Bran's book 5 plot started last episode, Daenerys is going to be starting her book 5 plot sometime this season, and you could probably do Brienne's entire book 4 plot in a single episode.

I kind of think they'll be caught up to him by the end of next season, or the season after if the new book drops between now and then. The series is definitely going to pass him. I wonder if they'll show the conclusion of the story before the books actually come out, or if they'll buy time with something like a flashback series, showing Robert's rebellion, young Ned Start, etc.
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Improving Book 4 & 5 will not be difficult just by the virtue of adaptation necessitating the cutting extraneous material.

Ditto Brienne's Book 4 storyline being done in an episode, two max.

I think Book 6 will be out next year, but we'll be lucky if Book 7 EVER comes out.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], ybot and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], ybot and 1 guest