Text Size

College Sports Arena

Pete Fiutak's take on the 2013 Buckeyes

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Pete Fiutak's take on the 2013 Buckeyes

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Pretty solid take, I thought, on the way the season shapes up.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1306040.html

I liked this section...pretty much says it...

Teams have a way of tightening up when everything is on the line, and now the entire tone of the program changes after its redshirt season.

There’s no more us-against-the-world attitude, because Ohio State is the world. There’s no more carefree spoiler-team fun, because Ohio State’s season is the one that everyone is trying to spoil. Basically, THE Ohio State University with THE Urban Meyer as its head coach either wins the national title or the season is a failure. It might not seem fair, and it might not be fun, but that’s the deal.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: Pete Fiutak's take on the 2013 Buckeyes

Unread postby furls » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Yep, it is easy to write a preview of this year's OSU team. I'll give it my best here:

-OSU is clearly the most talented roster in the B1G and it really isn't close.
-OSU has a schedule that lines up nicely. Toughest game is @NW and @scUM.
-OSU will go as far as the following guys carry them:
-The 6 new guys in the front 7, OSU has great looking, young DEs, but DT is a ?.
-Braxton's improvement as passer.
-OSU WRs improvement.
-Undefeated season is not out of the question.

The end.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena