Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tigers at Indians 7/7/2013

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Tigers at Indians 7/7/2013

Unread postby Pabo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Winning 6-1, but the Gopher Crew is on its way. First up: Joe Smith.
Bottom 4th: Cleveland
- J. Kipnis grounded out to shortstop
- A. Cabrera doubled to deep left
- N. Swisher doubled to center, A. Cabrera scored
- J. Giambi doubled to deep right center, N. Swisher to third, N. Swisher out at home
- J. Giambi caught stealing, catcher to third

1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors
Pabo

Favorite Player: Jason Giambi
Least Favorite Player: Joe Haden

Re: Tigers at Indians 7/7/2013

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:47 pm

OK who didn't see that coming.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I said it last week and I'll say it again: Vinnie needs to be shut down for two week. He's killing us.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:28 pm

God Bless Michael Brantley.

Always been a huge fan of that guy.

Seriously, that would have been devastating to yak up a 6-1 lead and go to 4.5 behind.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Never knew Brantley had this type of power
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:God Bless Michael Brantley.

Always been a huge fan of that guy.

Seriously, that would have been devastating to yak up a 6-1 lead and go to 4.5 behind.

yes it would have been devastating, especially to the tribe's collective psyche.

this game was very reminiscent of the royals game earlier this week where the tribe was leading 5-0 and seemingly cruising to victory when all of a sudden the royals got 2 broken-bat singles and a walk followed by a grand slam and another solo shot to tie it up at 5-5. the tribe then went back up 7-5, but then gave the lead right back again and let the royals, who are last in the league in home runs, hit another home run to tie things back up at 7-7 and then gave up yet another home run to lose 10-7.

now that game was very demoralizing to me.

had they had a repeat of that scenario today with the tigers, i might have fallen down into full "hee-haw" mode with gloom, despair and agony on me, woe, deep, dark depression, excessive misery, woe, if it weren't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all, woe, gloom, despair and agony on me. :gah:

thankfully mighty mike brantley almost single-handedly took it upon himself to see to it that the indians won today and saved me from jumping off the ledge. :woot:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Unfortunately we won't be able to count on Brantley for two HR's and a double every game, so Smith, Vinnie, and a couple of other bullpen guys need to get their stuff together, and immediately.

Getting Reynolds back on track would help a lot. Today he actually had four plate appearances without a strikeout. He didn't hit the ball out of the infield, but at least he hit the ball into fair territory three times along with a walk. Baby steps.

Kluber rose to the occasion when we needed a quality start in the worst way. Too bad the bullpen blew the W for him.

I'm pretty sure Brantley will never hit two HR's and a double in one game again, no matter how long he plays, so this win was kind of a fluke. But I'll take it any way I can get it.

Chiz with two hits and a walk for the second game in a row, so it's coming together for him. He's been working deep into the count as opposed to swinging at everything in the general vicinity of the plate. He could be ready to go on a tear, or at least hold his own from here on out.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:05 am

Prosecutor wrote:Unfortunately we won't be able to count on Brantley for two HR's and a double every game, so Smith, Vinnie, and a couple of other bullpen guys need to get their stuff together, and immediately.

Getting Reynolds back on track would help a lot. Today he actually had four plate appearances without a strikeout. He didn't hit the ball out of the infield, but at least he hit the ball into fair territory three times along with a walk. Baby steps.

Kluber rose to the occasion when we needed a quality start in the worst way. Too bad the bullpen blew the W for him.

I'm pretty sure Brantley will never hit two HR's and a double in one game again, no matter how long he plays, so this win was kind of a fluke. But I'll take it any way I can get it.

Chiz with two hits and a walk for the second game in a row, so it's coming together for him. He's been working deep into the count as opposed to swinging at everything in the general vicinity of the plate. He could be ready to go on a tear, or at least hold his own from here on out.

I wouldn't say never, he has the 2 HR's part down.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE201306190.shtml
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB