Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Jon Heyman - First in HRs, Last in fans

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Jon Heyman - First in HRs, Last in fans

Unread postby 1Perry » Mon May 13, 2013 3:53 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
southernflyer wrote:Not sure you as an individual fan who has a big screen TV and other options (The Captains?? really??)

I'm originally from Lake County and if I still lived there I would go to the Captains games all the time.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby 7foot3 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Commodore Perry wrote:That's certainly the message the Indians are putting out there through their media connections.

They've got a stadium full of empty seats and instead of doing customer friendly things like offering buy one get one tickets or giving away sections of tickets to local companies, they've just decided to push the message that you are a horrible human being for not coming to the games.

Good luck with that.

Except it's not the message from the Indians, but from third parties. I see you are demanding a bunch of free tickets, but you can get in the park for cheaper than a movie, and they run a bunch of promotions where you can get even better deals on tickets. If you think they aren't running a bunch of customer friendly promotions, it's because you aren't looking, which likely means you aren't interested in going to a game anyway.
My avatar is a reflection of Peeker's maturity and self-confidence.
7foot3
Zack Greinke of the Boards

Unread postby 1Perry » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:54 pm

I see where tonights game is being advertised as a sell out. As was noted, win and they will come.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby pup » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:36 pm

1Perry wrote:I see where tonights game is being advertised as a sell out. As was noted, win and they will come.

Dollar Dog Night
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 pm

And naturally, since there's finally a sellout, we're getting our asses kicked 6-0.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:And naturally, since there's finally a sellout, we're getting our asses kicked 6-0.

+1
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby 1Perry » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:28 am

Adverb Harry wrote:And naturally, since there's finally a sellout, we're getting our asses kicked 6-0.

+2
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Better get down to the yard early today if you're going. Alvaro Espinoza signing autographs at Rally Alley from 3-3:30. The can't miss event of the summer.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:51 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Better get down to the yard early today if you're going. Alvaro Espinoza signing autographs at Rally Alley from 3-3:30. The can't miss event of the summer.

He threw out a first pitch last night as well. The years have not been kind.

And I'd say 20-25% of the people there last night were Tiger fans.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:53 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Better get down to the yard early today if you're going. Alvaro Espinoza signing autographs at Rally Alley from 3-3:30. The can't miss event of the summer.

How one guy got so much run for bubblegum on a hat I'll never know.

Tribe fans will flock for anybody from those 90's teams. When's Jeff Juden signing casts?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:20 pm

peeker643 wrote:

He threw out a first pitch last night as well. The years have not been kind.

And I'd say 20-25% of the people there last night were Tiger fans.

what I hear on TV, lots of Tiger fans today too. We had a long week in Vegas otherwise we'd have gone.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 am

Only 28k on a Saturday during 4th of July weekend.

Gotta say though, the Indians are being very aggressive with their dynamic pricing. I paid $22 for a seat in the lower reserved earlier in the year. I looked into going yesterday, but they wanted $48 for the same seats in the lower reserved. I passed.

The Indians are certainly trying to maximinze revenue, not attendance. Its the smart thing to do, but it makes the fans look bad.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Commodore Perry wrote:Only 28k on a Saturday during 4th of July weekend.

Gotta say though, the Indians are being very aggressive with their dynamic pricing. I paid $22 for a seat in the lower reserved earlier in the year. I looked into going yesterday, but they wanted $48 for the same seats in the lower reserved. I passed.

The Indians are certainly trying to maximinze revenue, not attendance. Its the smart thing to do, but it makes the fans look bad.

Only 20k today. Tickets in the lower reserved for Monday's game are $44. If I didn't have a BOGO coupon, there's no way I'm paying that.

The dynamic pricing is getting out of hand. It basically eliminates any chance at a legitimate walk-up crowd because they're wanting $25+ for seats in the upper deck, and it's all one price now. You used to be able to get shit seats up in the corners for $9. Not anymore.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:14 am

skatingtripods wrote: You used to be able to get shit seats up in the corners for $9. Not anymore.

So do they make more profit from tickets or concessions?

Seems to me that a $9 ticket = $30 in food and beer, where as a $40 ticket is zero of both.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby 7foot3 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:05 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
Commodore Perry wrote:Only 28k on a Saturday during 4th of July weekend.

Only 20k today. Tickets in the lower reserved for Monday's game are $44. If I didn't have a BOGO coupon, there's no way I'm paying that.

The dynamic pricing is getting out of hand. It basically eliminates any chance at a legitimate walk-up crowd because they're wanting $25+ for seats in the upper deck, and it's all one price now. You used to be able to get shit seats up in the corners for $9. Not anymore.

No one ever sat in those shit seats, and I don't think the Indians want people to do so anyway unless the rest of the stadium is full. When those seats were incredibly cheap, the sections were still empty. If anyone actually bought them, they were just moving down to better seats, so the Indians would have to hire ushers for empty sections and open concession stands that didn't make any money. The team, reasonably, said eff that.
My avatar is a reflection of Peeker's maturity and self-confidence.
7foot3
Zack Greinke of the Boards

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:59 am

I guess we should bring this debate back up again based on this little snippet from ESPNs Game Recap for last nights game.

The three-game series between teams chasing a playoff spot drew a total of 36,504 fans. Tuesday night's turnout of 9,962 was the lowest September/October crowd in the history of Progressive Field, which opened in 1994.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?id=330904105
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 am

That was paid attendance. I was told last night by a ballpark official that the physical attendance was 6680.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:40 am

skatingtripods wrote:That was paid attendance. I was told last night by a ballpark official that the physical attendance was 6680.

Most Clippers games I go to have more then that.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:50 am

We all know Cleveland is a Browns town, and then after that I'd argue that tOSU football is the second favorite area team. But whats third Cavs or Tribe? Up until this season I would have said Tribe, but I am not so sure anymore.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Just look at THIS place! We used to have a thread for every game, lots of posts, some of them actually quality comments...and now? Nothing. Not even a thread per series. I don't know about the rest of you (all three that will look at this thread) but I listen to nearly every game all game. But it's not worth coming around here for every game if the people who can add informative comments in-game don't come around - I'm usually here just to read and suck up a little knowledge.

Unless they go completely into the toilet in the next 3.5 weeks they'll have an above-.500 season. Haven't been at .500 or above for since 2006. Plus this team is actually pretty likeable. And even die-hard Tribe fans can't gather to share in the excitement. Sad state of affairs for this team and their hometown...
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:41 pm

A man can get kicked in the jimmies only so many times before they decide they have better things to do.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Michael Bourn is an offspring fan? Who knew. Come out(and watch us) & play!

Keep 'em separated ...

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/mlb/clevel ... eedID=3725

http://www.google.com/#q=come+out+and+play+youtube
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB