Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Rumors Browns Are For Sale

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Rumors Browns Are For Sale

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Was in the car listening to Rizzo and he and my boy Hammer both reported they have multiple sources telling them the Browns have been put up for sale.

Yes, these are rumors so any statement about not believing it until you see it are redundant. Just thought I'd throw it out there - this might just make my week.

:woot:
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Rumors Browns Are For Sale

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:11 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:34 pm

I cant wait to go back to the 4-3 Defense.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Hiko listens to Rizzo.

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:53 pm

jb wrote:Hiko listens to Rizzo.

Not normally, but I was in the car and it was on, and that topic piqued my interest.

While I'm working, I've got Wimbledon on.
Hikohadon

Unread postby bac5665 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I've got Wimbledon on.

We really need a tennis sub.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Not normally, but I was in the car and it was on, and that topic piqued my interest.

That just means you were listening to some other dogshit show on the channel in the recent past and left it there when you got out.

Which is excusable only if someone forced open your garage door, turned the ignition off, pulled the rag out of your tailpipe, and called you an ambulance.

Or it was a friends car which means you hang out with assholes and idiots.

See, there's no good reason at all.

Not one.

;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

haven't watched since Monica Seles got stabbed and retired.

Sharpova playing?
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:25 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Sharpova playing?

She's out. Serena's out. Only players left most people haven't heard of, which is awesome for me, bad for the casual fan.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:27 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

That just means you were listening to some other dogshit show on the channel in the recent past and left it there when you got out.

Which is excusable only if someone forced open your garage door, turned the ignition off, pulled the rag out of your tailpipe, and called you an ambulance.

Or it was a friends car which means you hang out with assholes and idiots.

See, there's no good reason at all.

Not one.

;-) ;) :wink:

You're probably right.

I had the radio on Browns Daily or whatever that show is when I went to the store last night. Not a good show, but at least they discuss the Browns. I could give a shit about the Cavs or Indians (warming up to the Tribe, tho).
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Sharpova playing?

She's out. Serena's out. Only players left most people haven't heard of, which is awesome for me, bad for the casual fan.

Hiko follows women's tennis.

jb

Unread postby Cease » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:47 pm

The thought of starting all over again, from scratch, is beyond mind numbing. Going 20 years now of general head-up-assery.

Ain't nothing wrong a little T.Rizzo.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:49 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Sharpova playing?

Hiko follows women's tennis.

Tennis in general. I thought this was well established?

A million times more interesting to me than NBA or MLB.

Stop hijacking the Jimmy Sucks Ass thread.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Cease wrote:The thought of starting all over again, from scratch, is beyond mind numbing. Going 20 years now of general head-up-assery.

Ain't nothing wrong a little T.Rizzo.

IDK thatthis transition was our usual horrific re-boot. banner has shown a willingnessto have an open mind toward the yutes that were here. Plus.

Maybe we get lucky again. I suspect Jimmuh hasn't been involved since he went back in January becasue he "didn't like the way his family business was being run".
jb

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Rumors the Browns were up for sale started last year and turned out to be true.

With the investigation, possible multiple indictments and the $4 BILLION in debt, yep, I imagine the team has been put up for sale.

I also wouldn't be surprised to learn the league may have looked at this past week's $4 BILLION debt story and told Jimmah to quietly go screw himself, he's no longer welcome in the club.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby pup » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:35 pm

justmebd wrote:Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

With the investigation, possible multiple indictments and the $4 BILLION in debt, yep, I imagine the team has been put up for sale.

I also wouldn't be surprised to learn the league may have looked at this past week's $4 BILLION debt story and told Jimmah to quietly go screw himself, he's no longer welcome in the club.

They may be or sale, but a company tht does $30B in sales a year is having $4B in debt isn't really that big of a deal.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:36 am

pup wrote:

They may be or sale, but a company tht does $30B in sales a year is having $4B in debt isn't really that big of a deal.

But it's gonna be a helluva lot easier to sell the team ASAP as opposed to waiting for the FBI indictment and having the team seized by the NFL.

IOW - he can cash out now at fire sale prices...or watch the place catch fire and get squat.

I bet the whole thing falls back into Jammies hands as a place-holder until the league can find a suitable sucker...er new owner.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:47 am

bookelly wrote:
pup wrote:

But it's gonna be a helluva lot easier to sell the team ASAP as opposed to waiting for the FBI indictment and having the team seized by the NFL.

IOW - he can cash out now at fire sale prices...or watch the place catch fire and get squat.

I bet the whole thing falls back into Jammies hands as a place-holder until the league can find a suitable sucker...er new owner.

Two things with your last point:
1. I doubt Jammies would accept the team back.
2. The league, I believe, would rather run the team themselves than give it back to that incompetent boob.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:00 pm

pup wrote:

I agree with this. If Jimmy sells, it won't be for solely financial reasons. It'll be because the NFL told him to sell while he can.

If the NFL seizes the team for whatever reason, I don't see why they would give it back to a minority owner like Randy, especially one that doesn't want it. They'd probably just let Banner run it (he's their boy, remember) until a new owner could be found. One that will be vetted like no owner's ever been vetted before.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:47 pm

justmebd wrote:2. The league, I believe, would rather run the team themselves than give it back to that incompetent boob.

I don't think Jammies would take the team back, but you need to put down the crack pipe. Nearly every person Jammies hired was hand picked by the NFL and delivered to him on a silver platter. This franchise has been doing the league's bidding for the duration of it's second existence. Fuck, beyond managing to pick winners like Walrus the league also hand picked the new owner....

The league has been running the team and hasn't owned any of the financial responsibility nor the public problems that come from league's owning teams.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
justmebd wrote:2. The league, I believe, would rather run the team themselves than give it back to that incompetent boob.

I don't think Jammies would take the team back, but you need to put down the crack pipe. Nearly every person Jammies hired was hand picked by the NFL and delivered to him on a silver platter. This franchise has been doing the league's bidding for the duration of it's second existence. Fuck, beyond managing to pick winners like Walrus the league also hand picked the new owner....

The league has been running the team and hasn't owned any of the financial responsibility nor the public problems that come from league's owning teams.

The most depressing thing about Jimmy is that he started off by mindlessly taking on the rejects from NFLJobs.com, just the way Randy did. The only way that's OK is if it were a prerequisite to him getting the team and he figured he could fix it later.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:23 am

e0y2e3 wrote:

This X 1,000,000,000,000,000......
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby General » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Sell them to a group that will move them to anywhere; maybe LA. Purge the history books of the 1999-present debacle and build condos (or something) on the grave of the factory of sadness. Done deal. Then I can enjoy Sundays again.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:03 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

Never really thought about this, but yeah. Wow. Truth since the day Burchum palpatated.
jb

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Not deserving of a new thread. Still think this might be an Onion-like spoof. Any confirmation from the NEO or C-Bus fishwraps?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9459655/cleveland-browns-fan-takes-last-shot-team-obituary

A lifelong Cleveland Browns fan has gone to his final rest, but not before making one last request from the team.

Scott E. Entsminger, 55, of Mansfield, Ohio, died on July 4. Entsminger, a Columbus native, was a musician and a Browns season-ticket holder who wrote a song for the team each year and sent it in, along with his advice on how to run the team.

According to his obituary in the Columbus Dispatch, Entsminger also "respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time."

The family also has requested that "everyone" wear their Browns clothing to Entsminger's funeral Tuesday.

No word from the team on that request for pallbearers.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:59 pm

It was.

and that person is a true browns fan.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:54 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:09 pm

IDK what you are LOL @. This is all for you hipsters who cried they had GE Smith freezing. Like that wasn't enough.

"Start me up!"
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeah, when I think hipsters I think wiener dog races.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah, when I think hipsters I think wiener dog races.

Yep, and student loans, urban living, stupid hats and PBR. Fits right into "Trendy" half time activities.

The dauschhound is in the messenger bag.

jb

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Yo, i'm for the weiner dog races. That and the tiny tot football games are the most competitive things happening on that field on sundays.

Also, Hiko, not to plug at other sites, but you should check out our DBN Radio show; it's fun, and the guys are pretty well informed and willing to talk about shit Vic isn't. Got some pretty solid guests coming up soon, too.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Yo, i'm for the weiner dog races. That and the tiny tot football games are the most competitive things happening on that field on sundays.

Also, Hiko, not to plug at other sites, but you should check out our DBN Radio show; it's fun, and the guys are pretty well informed and willing to talk about shit Vic isn't. Got some pretty solid guests coming up soon, too.

I'll do that. Shouldn't be hard to beat Vic, I like the guy but either he's neutered from certain subjects/takes or neuters himself (or is hopelessly optimistic).

I do think this thing could be kinda cool:

http://www.bluecoats.com/news_detail.asp?news_id=358

The Bluecoats are proud to announce a new partnership with the Cleveland Browns NFL franchise to produce The Cleveland Browns Drumline, a percussion entertainment ensemble featured at every Browns home game of the 2013 season. Whether they are entertaining tailgaters before the gates open, pumping up the team prior to kickoff, or firing up fans during the game, The Cleveland Browns Drumline will be a fixture of the team’s game day entertainment experience.

The Bluecoats are currently looking for snare drum, bass drum, tenor drum, and cymbal performers interested in being a part of the ensemble this season. You must be at least 18 years of age and be available to participate at all necessary rehearsals, home games, and any other scheduled public performances. While being a part of The Cleveland Browns Drumline will be a ton of fun, all performers will be paid for each appearance. Bluecoats Visual Caption Head, World Champion RhythmX Indoor Percussion Battery Percussion Coordinator, and All-Star percussion performer Tim Jackson will write the music and choreograph the visuals for the ensemble.

If you are interested in auditioning for the The Cleveland Browns Drumline, please visit our new Acceptd site to start the process. There, you will see the ensemble’s 2013 schedule and our complete eligibility requirements, and get a feel for the audition process. Online auditions open on July 1st and end on August 1st.

The Bluecoats are quite good (if you're into that kind of thing). If nothing else, it'll feel like I'm watching a college game and it's Akron losing instead of the Browns.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:18 pm

I think he's neutered by his access. I have zero doubts that the Browns have told him that if he wants to have premium access to players, agents, and execs, that he has to keep the questions and conversations within a certain comfort range for the interviewees.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby AttackOffense » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:32 am

Gradysmanldy wrote:Yo, i'm for the weiner dog races. That and the tiny tot football games are the most competitive things happening on that field on sundays.

Oh, the dog races are a fine idea but you can just see what will happen -- dogs will crap all over the field and we'll see Browns staff picking up after them, and maybe missing a spot. Then we'll see some Browns players stepping in it during the game, and looking at their shoes between plays. Then the clever comments will come about being a sh--- team if they lose the game!
AttackOffense

Favorite Player: TRich
Least Favorite Player: SLavauo

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:58 am

jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:58 am

AttackOffense wrote:

Oh, the dog races are a fine idea but you can just see what will happen -- dogs will crap all over the field and we'll see Browns staff picking up after them, and maybe missing a spot. Then we'll see some Browns players stepping in it during the game, and looking at their shoes between plays. Then the clever comments will come about being a sh--- team if they lose the game!

Russell Wilson seemed to do OK.
jb

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 am

It doesn't matter what Jimmy offers in reparations, the ambulance chasers these "unsophisticated business " hired smell blood in the water.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Wait? Ambulance chasers? Really? You just said that?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Not a lot of new info in that, "looks more and more like he'll have to sell" is speculative.

I just wish Jimmy would hurry up and realize his goose is cooked. But then he'd probably just turn the team over to his wife, Rachel Phelps.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Not a lot of new info in that, "looks more and more like he'll have to sell" is speculative.

I just wish Jimmy would hurry up and realize his goose is cooked. But then he'd probably just turn the team over to his wife, Rachel Phelps.

He won't realize his goose is cooked even if the Chinese who cooked it make it into a "Christmas turkey". Ego.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:26 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

He won't realize his goose is cooked even if the Chinese who cooked it make it into a "Christmas turkey". Ego.

I would assume that as well. Jimmy won't know he's getting buttfucked until... never mind this analogy.
Hikohadon

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Whats the talk on this as far as progression? Do things with the Browns change if/when he's charged or if when he's convicted? I'm not in Cleveland with a finger on the pulse..
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Yesterday he said the team would be owned by his family for a "Long Long time", when asked about selling the team.

That tells me even if he is indited , he will hand the team over to his family. The Haslem's are not letting go of the Browns.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Govbarney wrote:Yesterday he said the team would be owned by his family for a "Long Long time", when asked about selling the team.

That tells me even if he is indited , he will hand the team over to his family. The Haslem's are not letting go of the Browns.

Yeah, if you have hopes of getting rid of Haslam before he... well... I guess he can't make it worse... prolongs the misery, you should probably let them go. I am. Jimmy is like Randy used to be, a guy you're stuck with for better or worse for the foreseeable future, maybe the team succeeds despite him, not worth dwelling on any more.

Warming on Banner some, Lombardi is appropriately invisible, certainly willing to give the coaching staff a shot, doubts on the overall player abilities, but getting interested almost despite myself.
Hikohadon

Unread postby JCoz » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:42 am

Yah not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited despite my initial (same day) issues with hiring chud, I like him. Was thoroughly discouraged by Lombardi being hired and that's stuck with me even though I'm not one who knocks the trades in the draft this year I actually thought it was a (gasp!) good move to turn 4ths and 5ths into 3rds and 4ths. As always it's dependent on whos picked but its not like Lombardi would have taken the guy we wanted in those rounds anyways this season. Hopefully he gets caught with a tranny hooker before the next draft so we can hire a different gm. I'm optimistic this season in the realm of 7 wins. There a lot of (relative) good things going with the team, I'm not sure that there has been a more talented roster since the return, not counting things like Braylon's utterly wasted talent.
JCoz

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 pm

JCoz wrote:Yah not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited despite my initial (same day) issues with hiring chud, I like him. Was thoroughly discouraged by Lombardi being hired and that's stuck with me even though I'm not one who knocks the trades in the draft this year I actually thought it was a (gasp!) good move to turn 4ths and 5ths into 3rds and 4ths. As always it's dependent on whos picked but its not like Lombardi would have taken the guy we wanted in those rounds anyways this season. Hopefully he gets caught with a tranny hooker before the next draft so we can hire a different gm. I'm optimistic this season in the realm of 7 wins. There a lot of (relative) good things going with the team, I'm not sure that there has been a more talented roster since the return, not counting things like Braylon's utterly wasted talent.

I'm not overly worried about Lombardi - despite his title, he's a glorified adviser to Banner, who's pulling all the strings. Haslam is busy fighting lawsuits and isn't a factor either - this team's success/failure is all on Czar Banner.

At this point, the trades don't bother me too much either. What remains to be seen is 1) how good Mingo is 2) is he so noticeably better than Jarvis Jones that it was better to take him than take the STL deal and drop down, get Jones, and pick up the extra 1st.

No idea what to expect from Weeden, could be anywhere over a pretty broad spectrum, so I'll just go ahead and expect the same (to be safe). Same goes for the team, SO many unknowns, I think 6 wins is a safe bet, but I could see 2 (maaaaybe 3) games +/- that. Which I think is exactly what I said last year.
Hikohadon

Unread postby JCoz » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:11 pm

I think that's both fair an in line with my thinking hiko. I did hate where Mingo was taken like most hate the Richardson pick, but in the end if you're right nobody gives a fuck, I can only pray we ever have a guy you could say that about.
JCoz

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL