Text Size

College Sports Arena

Big Trouble looming for Oregon

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Big Trouble looming for Oregon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:29 am

Honestly.... I don't even give a shit. Any investigation done by the NCAA is suspect at best. They're completely devoid of any kind of consistency or accountability.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 am

Tressel was forced to serve his NCAA suspension (not his show cause penalty) before starting in Indy. I don't remember how many games it was (5?), but he was unable to take his position as Replay Coordinator (or whatever) for those first few games. Chipper was not suspended, he just has a laughable 18month show cause.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:29 pm

I do agree that Tress and Chip should have had the same length on their show-cause.

That said, I'm not going to hold the NCAA accountable for the NFL commissioner being a cock sucker that suspended Tress when he had no right to and let Petey and Chip come to the NFL w/ no issues. We all know what a fuck Goodell is at this point, if we start talking about all of his inconsistencies and power trips the internet will run out of space.

Pretty sure Tress got the same length of suspension Pryor got (which was also bullshit).
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby furls » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Whatever. What was that saying about justice and courts? Any semblance of justice in a court of law (NCAA) is pure coincidence. Something like that.

I am over it.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena