Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Last Call for Chuck Galeti?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Last Call for Chuck Galeti?

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 am

The host of STO's "Last Call" should have walked away before the last call as he was arrested for DUI for the fourth time.

I doubt Fox Sports Ohio is impressed.

He's lucky it was a cop car that stopped him.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Last Call for Chuck Galeti?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:32 am

Wow, 4 times?! Does that mean he's done driving for life? Jail time?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby noles1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 am

http://fox8.com/2013/06/21/cleveland-sp ... d-for-ovi/

4 times in the same state should mean at least 6 months in jail, should be a year but with a lawyer he'll get it sentenced down. He could get house arrest for a year.

You have to do a lot to lose driving priviledges forever. I know someone that has 5 across 2 states.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am

Guy's a douche bag with a Napoleon complex. Doubt Fox puts up with this shit like the dog and pony show at STO did.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am

I know plenty of people who drive w/ susp'd license. That shouldn't be an issue when the dust settles.
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Chuck Galeti DWI #2

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:24 pm

From watching Chuck's Last Call and meeting Chuck in person, I personally think he's a great guy. Hope he doesn't lose his job over this. First Perez now Chuck

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... ested.html
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Bummer. I have no clue what Chuck is like off his show, but I enjoyed Chuck's Last Call. He kept things moving, unlike Bruce Drennan's show.

Side note, I ran into producer Seth and Will Ujek (who also work on Chuck's Last Call) at Winking Lizard downtown at about 1am Friday morning. Just about 45 minutes before Chuck was arrested. Seth and Will were very sober and seemed like pretty good dudes.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:56 pm

noles1 wrote:http://fox8.com/2013/06/21/cleveland-sportscaster-arrested-for-ovi/

4 times in the same state should mean at least 6 months in jail, should be a year but with a lawyer he'll get it sentenced down. He could get house arrest for a year.

You have to do a lot to lose driving priviledges forever. I know someone that has 5 across 2 states.

4th time?!!? ::doh:: I was thinking this was his 2nd! Wow. He didn't learn the first 3 fuckin times!?!?
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:39 am

I think the number of times depends on the period of time within which they happen. I'm led to believe that if your first offense was more than 10 years before your second offense, then they treated the second offense as a first offense.

With 4, though, that might be out the window.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Hard to be compassionate for somebody when the get 4 of these. Anyone can get a DUI really, 99% of the time the first time somebody gets popped is all about bad timing. After that, you get another, you're an idiot.

If it costs him his job that's on him, hope he lands on his feet though as he does seem like a good guy.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Lakewood Police was "Kicking it with Kenny" as Kenny Krumpton was arrested for DUI Saturday night. Don't know if it was his first...
Spin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am

I don't like his show or him. He should do no less than 30 days in jail. If I was the judge, i'd give him 30 days per offence.

You had 4 chances to call a fucking cab and not put other people at risk because of your stupidity.

Fuck him and his stupid show. Go to jail, asshole.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 am

RedDawg53 wrote: He didn't learn the first 3 fuckin times!?!?

Maybe you just don't learn if the consequences aren't severe enough.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:45 am

googleeph2 wrote:

If Chuck is an alcoholic (and it sure sounds like he might be) then consequences don't have anything to do with it really. Giving 20 years for a first offense and death for a second isn't going to cure any addictions. The threat of damnation and eternal hellfire isn't enough to stop 14 year old catholic boys from masturbating, and the threat of more jailtime isn't going to stop an alcoholic from drinking and making bad decisions.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 am

motherscratcher wrote:
googleeph2 wrote:

If Chuck is an alcoholic (and it sure sounds like he might be) then consequences don't have anything to do with it really. Giving 20 years for a first offense and death for a second isn't going to cure any addictions. The threat of damnation and eternal hellfire isn't enough to stop 14 year old catholic boys from masturbating, and the threat of more jailtime isn't going to stop an alcoholic from drinking and making bad decisions.

Yes n no.

If he's been thru rehab and program and he picks up again you can't tell him shit until he's had enough. "Learnin'" ain't got nothing to do with it. Chuck just needs to accept he's a fuckin' drunk and go from there. OTOH, If consequances help him get there, then so be it. he's blessed he didn't kill some body. There's nothing here that can't be undone. Plenty of people who recover get there via the nudge from the judge. So it ain't like there is total discnnect. No one walks into meeting one or checks into rehab and says, "my life is goin' great, thanks for asking!"

Thing about Chuck is that he's been down this road before. He knows better. If he was really in recovery before he lapsed then he knows he has a moral imperative not to drink. So I'm in the vein of FUDU in thinking i don't have a lick of compassion for his DUI consequences, and Chuck's behavior can't be excused since he knows his desaese, but I have tremendous compasssion for him in how he's lost. But all he has to do is accept what he is and walk in a room...

Here's hoping he takes the chair that's saved for him. And hoping Fox/STO gives him the "rehab and supsension or your job" ultimatim rather than just canning him. He's just a sports talk host for cryin' out loud. No larger statement is needed.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 am

Yeah I get what both of you are saying.

(An aside- in HS, I remember us boys being told in health class about the tale of hair growing on palms from masturbating- and all the boys looking at their hands. We had an uptight jock physed teacher teaching about sexuality, and there was no room for humor. When that happened though, he laughed for about 5 minutes.)
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am

I agree JB that a severe ramifications and repurcussions might be the impetus for some people to get their shit together and get ahold of their disease, so as not to put themselves into these types of positions where a bad decision is likely to be made. I just think it's very unlikely that, in these moments, the potential consequences severity has much to do with that bad decision ultimately being made.

If before Chuck got in that car, shitfaced with his open container, he was aware that he would be going to the hoosegow for 5-10, I believe in that moment he probably would have gotten in anyway.

Short answer, I don't think anyone that gets a DUI does so because they think the consequenses aren't too bad so "no big deal". I'm sure there are outliers.

I feel bad for Chuck in that I, like everyone, have known some alcoholics and it's a tough thing to deal with and overcome. I hope he gets the help he needs. None of this absolves him.

ETA: I have no idea if Chuck is an alcoholic or just a dipshit. I'm just guessing.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:25 am

motherscratcher wrote:I agree JB that a severe ramifications and repurcussions might be the impetus for some people to get their shit together and get ahold of their disease, so as not to put themselves into these types of positions where a bad decision is likely to be made. I just think it's very unlikely that, in these moments, the potential consequences severity has much to do with that bad decision ultimately being made.

If before Chuck got in that car, shitfaced with his open container, he was aware that he would be going to the hoosegow for 5-10, I believe in that moment he probably would have gotten in anyway.

Short answer, I don't think anyone that gets a DUI does so because they think the consequenses aren't too bad so "no big deal". I'm sure there are outliers.

I feel bad for Chuck in that I, like everyone, have known some alcoholics and it's a tough thing to deal with and overcome. I hope he gets the help he needs. None of this absolves him.

ETA: I have no idea if Chuck is an alcoholic or just a dipshit. I'm just guessing.

I think we're sayin' the same thing Moscra. Any consequences weren't a deterrent to the act. I think the twist is that in Chuck's alcoholic mind he really wasn't making a decision at all.

Now, as the consequences have come about, assuming Chuck isn't on some bender now and he's had some time to let it sink in, the consequences he's earned may NOW serve as a gateway to recovery.

I think that is the only nuance I'm adding.

Dumbasses get one DUI. It's an event. Two is a pattern. 4 = bone fide alcoholic. And yeah, I'll call it like that from the cheap seats.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:51 am

jb wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I agree JB that a severe ramifications and repurcussions might be the impetus for some people to get their shit together and get ahold of their disease, so as not to put themselves into these types of positions where a bad decision is likely to be made. I just think it's very unlikely that, in these moments, the potential consequences severity has much to do with that bad decision ultimately being made.

I think we're sayin' the same thing Moscra. Any consequences weren't a deterrent to the act. I think the twist is that in Chuck's alcoholic mind he really wasn't making a decision at all.

Now, as the consequences have come about, assuming Chuck isn't on some bender now and he's had some time to let it sink in, the consequences he's earned may NOW serve as a gateway to recovery.

I think that is the only nuance I'm adding.

Dumbasses get one DUI. It's an event. Two is a pattern. 4 = bone fide alcoholic. And yeah, I'll call it like that from the cheap seats.

Agree completely :cheers:

oops, probably should have use a different emoticon
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Being an alcoholic is one thing, and I feel sorry for him for that. And for Kenny, if that is the case. I hope both of these guys can shake it.

But when they get behind the wheel shit faced, that is a whole nuther story. Like I said, they are both damned lucky it was a police car that stopped them. A 3500 pound car out of control is a deadly weapon.
Spin

Unread postby idoctribefan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:44 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/index.s ... _call.html

Fox Sports Ohio has taken 'Chuck's Last Call' off the air following the arrest last week of host Chuck Galeti on drunken-driving charges.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:16 pm

The next Cleveland celeb to ride the paddy wagon to the drunk tank is former Browns GM Tom Heckert. You would think he wouldn't need to drink now that he doesn't have to watch his draft picks and free agents on the field now...

In related news, Fox8 brought back Kenny Crumpton (after a long on-air apology).
Spin

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture