Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Playoffs 2013

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Playoffs 2013

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:29 am

And the last 45 minutes of that game was some of the best "sports" I've seen in years. I'm in shambles and I don't care who wins.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:33 am

It's a travesty they didn't call that foul against Ginobli at the end. There was clear contact by his 4th step, and a pretty obvious foul by his 5th.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:38 am

<-- also said the same thing
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:26 am

e0y2e3 wrote:<-- said the exact same thing.

Ultimately though, Manu out-sucked Wade.....

Good lord those two are bad.

Wade seems to have gone to the John Morton school of dribbling.

Interesting conundrum for Spo, in the sense that they are sooo much better without Wade on the floor in this series, the way the Spurs are defending. There is much more trepidation for the Spurs in what to do with Lebron with that extra shooter out there.

Never saw a series in which one has simply ZERO idea what's gonna happen from game to game.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:49 am

Nope. No idea what will happen, no concept of game to game momentum, seeing the death of Wade & Ginobli play out in a crucible, watch Timuh and LBJ throw bombs when it mattered, watching the brilliance of Parker and the ridiculous plays Bosh made last night.

Good shit.

No... actually that''s way too understated.

Great, great basketball, not to mention drama.

and I feel sorry for the 'FIXED!!!!' crowd because their heads are simply too far up their asses to appreciate what that was last night.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 am

I can't remember ever being so anxious watching a game in which I had absolutely zero stake in the outcome.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:10 am

Miami fans being mercilessly mocked for being shitty fans and leaving early, only to be shut out when it went to Ot almost makes it worth the Heat win.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am

Also get a kick out of people saying the game was sloppy.

No shit?

Two of the best defensive teams in the world playing balls out and you think it's going to be visually pleasing and poetic?

There are guys struggling. Obviously Manu and Wade are two. But their struggles are minimized in a game against the Bobcats or Cavs. These two teams are going tooth and nail and the most surprising part of the Heat effort last night was that they could have folded and did not.

Still trying to determine how affected the Spurs will be tomorrow after that effort and loss last night and I still have no idea.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 am

The only team in the league with a shot at coming back from a gut punch like that is the Spurs (or the 2008 Celtics, which are now dead).

Doesn't mean they will, but they have at least a shot.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:13 am

motherscratcher wrote:Miami fans being mercilessly mocked for being shitty fans and leaving early, only to be shut out when it went to Ot almost makes it worth the Heat win.

At least when everyone left the Browns/Jets 2OT game back in '86/87 post season, they were able to run back into the old Stadium and find a seat where ever.

LeBatard tweeted how embarrassed he was of the city for the fans filing out before the clock ran out.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:22 am

e0y2e3 wrote:The only team in the league with a shot at coming back from a gut punch like that is the Spurs (or the 2008 Celtics, which are now dead).

Did Miami blow it's load with that last half minute flurry and OT to get back to even? The Spurs looked tired but the Heat were looking just as exhausted after all was said and done last night.

Curious to see how both coaches have their teams playing tomorrow. You know Pop is going to want to dictate the flow of the game like he did with game 5 and have the Spurs pushing the ball when they could, just don't know if SA has the legs to do that at this point.

Is tomorrow the night that Wade goes into '06 DWade mode and carries Mia?

Like Lead said upthread, this is one series where you have NO IDEA how the next game is gonna play out
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:23 am

e0y2e3 wrote:The only team in the league with a shot at coming back from a gut punch like that is the Spurs (or the 2008 Celtics, which are now dead).

I think they'll be fine emotionally. Just wondering how much a toll on those older bodies that took last night. You ain't getting 30 and 17 from Duncan tomorrow so Ginobli better show the hell up.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:26 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:

Did Miami blow it's load with that last half minute flurry and OT to get back to even? The Spurs looked tired but the Heat were looking just as exhausted after all was said and done last night.

Curious to see how both coaches have their teams playing tomorrow. You know Pop is going to want to dictate the flow of the game like he did with game 5 and have the Spurs pushing the ball when they could, just don't know if SA has the legs to do that at this point.

Is tomorrow the night that Wade goes into '06 DWade mode and carries Mia?

Like Lead said upthread, this is one series where you have NO IDEA how the next game is gonna play out

No idea but I honestly believe Wade took the needle a few games back. Cortisone, etc to alleviate the knee issue. He can't do that again and the Spurs will again dare him to shoot from 15 feet and beyond.

And LBJ chased Parker's ass all over. That may flatten out his shot. Both teams are going to need an effort from a role guy tomorrow night. I think whoever gets it (or gets more than the other team) wins.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Pantheon game but the rest of that Heat roster save Ray Allen has a fork sticking out of it. He's back here next year.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:Nope. No idea what will happen, no concept of game to game momentum, seeing the death of Wade & Ginobli play out in a crucible, watch Timuh and LBJ throw bombs when it mattered, watching the brilliance of Parker and the ridiculous plays Bosh made last night.

Good shit.

No... actually that''s way too understated.

Great, great basketball, not to mention drama.

and I feel sorry for the 'FIXED!!!!' crowd because their heads are simply too far up their asses to appreciate what that was last night.

Thie "Fixed" cry is just classic.

Yeah, it went just like you'd draw it up if you were going to feloniously and financially back such a fix. Bosh somehow coralling a rebound in traffic and shoveling it to Allen for a rushed 3 to send it to OT. No sweat.

90% rule.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:20 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I can't remember ever being so anxious watching a game in which I had absolutely zero stake in the outcome.

Word Cotton.

Instant classic.

A game of fingertips. Watch that Bosh rebound again.

watch the previous posession to Bron's 2nd trey attempt. Kwame had that shit in his hands.

In the spirit of crying over Brandon Phillips and every post piper makes on the Browns board while I channel Nancigan: Danny Green and TT over Kwame... "whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!?!?!?!"

at the risk of sending this DC9 to Havanna, the NHL finals ain't too bad neither
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Game 7 is every bit as exciting as Game 6...as if it was even possible
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 pm

It isn't actually possible to have three turnovers that are that bad in a championship 4th Q without someone paying you to do it, right?

CONSPIRACY

(Props to LBJ. He's all growed up now.)
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby fairvis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 am

Back-to-back MVPs, championships, and Finals MVPs to LBJ. And a gold medal in between. And he'll be criticized by someone tomorrow that questions his "legacy".

Can the Heat three-peat? Wade looks like he's on his last legs, and Bosh had a goose egg tonight in 28 minutes. And they still won.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:19 am

fairvis wrote:Back-to-back MVPs, championships, and Finals MVPs to LBJ. And a gold medal in between. And he'll be criticized by someone tomorrow that questions his "legacy".

Can the Heat three-peat? Wade looks like he's on his last legs, and Bosh had a goose egg tonight in 28 minutes. And they still won.

Battier coming off the bench and going 6 for 8 on 3FGs didn't hurt. Not at all. Wade's midrange game was on fire as well.

Ginobli had some horrible play. Green was poor the last 2 games. Parker was 3 for 12 tonight and Duncan struggled to get his legs under him on the post as he struggled to create good shots for himself, and missed the bunny and its tip-in late in the game.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:36 am

Lebron takes Paul George almost exclusively game 7.....gone.

Tony Parker is getting propped up as the top point guard in the game - Lebron primary defender in games 6 & 7....gone.

Duncan, Hibbert, Splitter, Hill having shots erased at the rim.

He might not have Jordan's "killer instinct".....I guess. But the guy's the best defender in the game, the best passer in the game, probably the best scorer if he wasn't the best passer and he's putting together some of the best post season numbers in league history. As well as, as I've mentioned before, creating the most wide open shots in the history of the league.

Never seen anyone like him.

And as annoying as it is to say the above, I do enjoy the fact that he exposes so many fools in the media.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:14 am

leadpipe wrote:Lebron takes Paul George almost exclusively game 7.....gone.

Tony Parker is getting propped up as the top point guard in the game - Lebron primary defender in games 6 & 7....gone.

Duncan, Hibbert, Splitter, Hill having shots erased at the rim.

He might not have Jordan's "killer instinct".....I guess. But the guy's the best defender in the game, the best passer in the game, probably the best scorer if he wasn't the best passer and he's putting together some of the best post season numbers in league history. As well as, as I've mentioned before, creating the most wide open shots in the history of the league.

Never seen anyone like him.

And as annoying as it is to say the above, I do enjoy the fact that he exposes so many fools in the media.

Doesn't sound like a guy I'd want back in Cleveland. Not after he hurt my feelings 3 years ago.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 am

I just don't care anymore.

I don't.

If he comes back he comes back, if he doesn't, he doesn't.

I don't have a ton of faith in pro sports in this town what-so-ever.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:47 am

At least this game 7 lived up to the hype. 2 point game within the last 60 seconds? Can't ask for much more. Too bad Manu looked and played crunch time like it was his first trip to the Finals. Not often you're gonna see Duncan miss that shot OR the tip in. After all his accomplished, you know that sequence is gonna haunt him as he stated in his presser.

James took advantage of the Spurs daring him to shoot. He hasn't been great shooting this series or the post season for that matter but qtrs 2-4 he made it look like a shoot around. Add to that him guarding Parker and keeping him from being a factor and we just saw an all around great performance.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:21 am

almost forgot about the performance this post seaon of Leonard. At 21 you'd have thought he's been playing the game next to Duncan, Manu and Parker for their entire run. Wade may of said it best, "I don't know what his voice sounds like 'cause he don't talk but that's a bad boy right there"
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 am

Another great thing about this series was the fact that because there were no "dust ups" or trash talking the refs were allowed to let them PLAY - instead of being overly cautious.

Amazing how insignificant the flopping is when the game is allowed to be called this way.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:37 am

The Duncan press conference was heart breaking.

The first and final two games of the series were epic.

Most amazing is how the officials and league fixed it while still giving the Spurs an overwhelming advantage at the free throw line last night.

Stern went out like a genius.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:42 am

peeker643 wrote:The Duncan press conference was heart breaking.

Most amazing is how the officials and league fixed it while still giving the Spurs an overwhelming advantage at the free throw line last night.

Agree, I didn't think he'd make it as far as he did last night talking to the press. If Timmy is that down over a missed bunny did someone check the shower rod to cut down Manu?
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
peeker643 wrote:The Duncan press conference was heart breaking.

Agree, I didn't think he'd make it as far as he did last night talking to the press. If Timmy is that down over a missed bunny did someone check the shower rod to cut down Manu?

SMS'd Eye last night. The Spurs missed at least 2 dozen points blowingtheir bunny shots. Terrible finishing. Now Eye says that in that game it is too tough to finish. But don't you have to be more aggressive and draw the foul? But the numberr of off balance, fade aways, and missed finger rolls was maddening for SA. I think that was the dif as much as manu's putrid decision making & play.

And Bow, I officuially apologize for any Kawaii scoffing at 4 I may have done altho I think I was in the "why not" camp once Enos went.

Kawaii is now "that guy" we are ISO to add to the roster
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Eh, I liked Thomas Robinson last year. WTF do I know.

ETA: and while I knew he was a gym rat, I would not have guessed that he'd improve his outside shot so much. In fact, I remember thinking at the time that those huge hands might be a hindrance to that ever happening.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:04 pm

The Heat should send Ginobili a thank you card or give a key to the city based upon how horribly he played last night.
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:38 pm

kman_holla8 wrote:The Heat should send Ginobili a thank you card or give a key to the city based upon how horribly he played last night.

And his first half in game 6 looked like he was throwing the game, too.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 am

kman_holla8 wrote:The Heat should send Ginobili a thank you card or give a key to the city based upon how horribly he played last night.

How about the genius who kept Tony Parker on the bench while Manu played like crap?

No-calls at the end of Game Six. The whole series gives off a bad odor. Donaghy could write a book.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 am

Spin wrote:

How about the genius who kept Tony Parker on the bench while Manu played like crap?

No-calls at the end of Game Six. The whole series gives off a bad odor. Donaghy could write a book.

^^Truther

SMH

9/11 was Stern
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Spin wrote:

How about the genius who kept Tony Parker on the bench while Manu

played like crap?

Thought you'd be pumped seeing Akron was repped during the MVP speech.

As LP stated above, the set up of the Bosh rebound miracle 3 by Allen must've been drawn up in Sterns office. Not to mention the refs/NBA offices finally let James in leash that jumper in game 7
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:06 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihe ... th-florida

I take back all my previous statements about Miami Fan. Hardcore.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:00 pm

I think we all knew LBJ was going to prop up the AK-ron at least once in his numerous postgames statements
kman_holla8

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA