Text Size

The Gamblers Den

Mike Piper: Urban Myth

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

Mike Piper: Urban Myth

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:12 am

You can't fool me: Lead Pipe is really Rickey Henderson. No one else can speak of himself in the third person as consistently.
User avatar
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:32 am
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby swerb » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:30 am

Buff, just place the bets and watch the money roll in.

You'll be calling him "Mr. Piper, Sir" after he has you in a new Lexus by January.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:41 am

Not to be snide, but where is the other guy's column?
User avatar
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:32 am
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby swerb » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:22 am

Buff, when you can come to terms with a prognosticator on the level of a Lead Pipe, some tough decisions need to be made.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:52 am

Steve Buffum wrote:Not to be snide, but where is the other guy's column?


Believe me Buff. I've sat at a poker table with him in Vegas for 15 straight hours.

He's real.

Real annoying too. Like in 'Dumb & Dumber' When Lloyd asks Harry if he wnts to hear the most annoying sound on earth? That's Lead Pipe.

However, he is amazingly good AND entertaining.

As for the last guy? Well, mixing in an occasional winner wouldn't hurt.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:26 am

Peeker643 wrote:
Steve Buffum wrote:Not to be snide, but where is the other guy's column?


Believe me Buff. I've sat at a poker table with him in Vegas for 15 straight hours.

He's real.

Real annoying too. Like in 'Dumb & Dumber' When Lloyd asks Harry if he wnts to hear the most annoying sound on earth? That's Lead Pipe.

However, he is amazingly good AND entertaining.

As for the last guy? Well, mixing in an occasional winner wouldn't hurt.


Come on. He gave you at least 3 winners in 4 weeks. It is up to you to pick the ones he is correct on. :lol: :lol:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:43 am

Shit. My fault then. I had no idea it was like one of those motorcycle give-aways where you had to sort through a bunch of keys to find the one that worked.

:eek :shock:

But where else can you get analysis this descriptive ahead of the actual pick: :lol: :lol:

The BYU Cougars travel to Sin City for a night game against the UNLV Running Rebels. And while Mormon quarterback Max Hall would certainly be uncomfortable behind the ropes at a glitzy Vegas strip joint, he’ll be at ease behind his massive offensive line Saturday night in Sam Boyd Stadium.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:52 pm

My favorite, from Week 1:

Notre Dame (-2.5) over Georgia Tech
We could talk a whole bunch about how Notre Dame has lost Brady Quinn and only has 8 returning starters. However, they are a well coached football team opening up at home and facing a team they beat on the road a season ago. Georgia Tech is breaking in a new quarterback and new offensive coordinator. That makes for a rough start in the opening game. When you add in the fact that the game is being played in South Bend, you have an uphill battle. This will be a hard fought game but I like Notre Dame in this one.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:07 pm

Pup wrote:My favorite, from Week 1:

Notre Dame (-2.5) over Georgia Tech
We could talk a whole bunch about how Notre Dame has lost Brady Quinn and only has 8 returning starters. However, they are a well coached football team opening up at home and facing a team they beat on the road a season ago. Georgia Tech is breaking in a new quarterback and new offensive coordinator. That makes for a rough start in the opening game. When you add in the fact that the game is being played in South Bend, you have an uphill battle. This will be a hard fought game but I like Notre Dame in this one.


The prognosticator lives life on a thin line Pup. Losing by a hook comes with the territory. The guy just missed on this one. 66 hooks puts him right there.
:roll :roll:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson


Return to The Gamblers Den

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 4 guests

Who is online

In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 4 guests