Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

5 Question Friday - 6/7/13

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

5 Question Friday - 6/7/13

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 am

1. Which non-QB NFL player would you most like to have on the Browns (or "your team" whatever it may be)?

2. You are 20 years old at the start of any decade in mankind's history of your choosing. Which decade do you choose and why?

3. Do you have any expectations of a comfortable retirement?

4. Who is the worst Head Coach, D Coordinator, or O Coordinator the Browns have had in the expansion era?

5. You just won a drawing and get a free ticket to one of the following: Paris, Munich, or Rome. You choose which and why?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: 5 Question Friday - 6/7/13

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:04 am

1. Calvin Johnson

2. The 70's. Music, movies, cultural awakening, real football.

3. Not really. But then I don't have any expectation of living that long.

4. Brian Daboll. Honorable Mention - Paddy O'Shurmur.

5. Munich. I should choose Rome since I haven't been there, but Munich is a fun town with the Alps nearby. I'd choose to go during Oktoberfest and get some skiing in between beer binges.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:11 am

Hikohadon wrote:1. Which non-QB NFL player would you most like to have on the Browns (or "your team" whatever it may be)?

2. You are 20 years old at the start of any decade in mankind's history of your choosing. Which decade do you choose and why?

4. Who is the worst Head Coach, D Coordinator, or O Coordinator the Browns have had in the expansion era?

5. You just won a drawing and get a free ticket to one of the following: Paris, Munich, or Rome. You choose which and why?

1 - AJ Green.

2 - 1950 USA. I could enjoy it all while everyone else was worried about getting blowed up. Plus I can be on the cutting edge of everything, inclduing inventing Hip Hop in the 60's.

3 - Uh, no. Not financially on paper. But "comfortable" is all about expectations. Manage your expectations and you have gratitude.

4 - Chris Palmer gets the nod over Romeo just barely. But it is dang close. For Oc it's Mo Carthon by a country mile. For DC? Hmmmmm, we've really had some decent DC's in spite of it all. Even Todd Grantham is working on saturdays IIRC. He's probably the worst IIRC.

5 - Rome. Easily. In love with the antiquities and classics. Iganatius nerd.

2 -
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:12 am

Hikohadon wrote:

1. Which non-QB NFL player would you most like to have on the Browns (or "your team" whatever it may be)?
1. Aaron Rodgers

Christ. You can't even read yout own posts.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:18 am

Hikohadon wrote:1. Which non-QB NFL player would you most like to have on the Browns (or "your team" whatever it may be)?

1. Clavin Johnson

2. I'm fine here.

3. Yes.

4. All of them. It's like puking on a pile of shit.

5. Munich. Because I want to go back and see it when it's not Oktoberfest.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:25 am

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

1. Aaron Rodgers

Yep, clearly I'm in need of coffee.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:26 am

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

1. Aaron Rodgers

What a mess he is. You see how he can't get away from QB talk even when he demands it?

Anyway:

1. Cam Newton

Okay...actually I'd go JJ Watt on this Browns team

2. Wouldn't care which decade. Being 20 again ain't something that interests me. If I have to choose I'll say any decade because I'll make it work.

3. Hoping to avoid dog food. "Comfortable" is relative.

4. Daboll fits.

5. Rome- Lisa is Italian and hasn't been although Germany would be my choice if there was no Lisa.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:33 am

peeker643 wrote:2. Wouldn't care which decade. Being 20 again ain't something that interests me. If I have to choose I'll say any decade because I'll make it work.

What about like, the black plague?
jb

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:55 am

1) Von Miller
2) 1910, The Gilded Age and WW1 fascinate me, plus in my 30s id still be young enough to have fun during the roaring 20s. Id be 30 (my current age) when the Tribe wins the 1920 Series, by the time I am in my 40s id be mature enough to handle the Great Depression, and by 1940 Id be a senior officer in the Army just in time for WW2.
3) If I live that long, yes.
4) Head Coach: Pat Shurmer, O Coordinator:Daboll, D Coordinator: Bob Slowik
5) Munich, because I have already been to Paris and Rome, and I am partial to good beer,
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:14 am

1. I was going to go JJ Watt, but since Peek beat me to it ill go with Clowney.

2. 70s Clearly. From what I understand the sex was easy and the worst things you could get penicillin knocked right the hell out of there. There was good music and, no matter where you stand on disco, you have to admit it would have been a hell of a fun time to live through in your 20s. (although i surely would have been one of the sad losers standing outside 54 all night without ever getting in.)

3. Sure, why not.

4. Isnt it a tie? I guess Carthon sounds right.

5. Munich. Im a beer guy. I like wine but its completely lost on me what makes quality.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby General » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 am

1. That 800 pound guy from the Chiefs (comedy)
2. The Christ era.
3. Nope. Between healthcare and other financial atrocities it will be a fiasco.
4. Shurmur
5. Rome, to get to Sicily, see The Vatican, Tuscany, etc.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby AttackOffense » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 pm

These are all fun questions! Looks like something to look forward to every week on this board.

1) Tavon Austin -- I think he's going to be a tremendous player and be a catalyst for the Rams making the playoffs this year if he can stay fairly healthy. I would have loved to see him in a Browns uniform because I think he would have led this offense to a level we haven't seen since the glory days of the 80s. Austin is going to drive defenses batty and he is a better version of Desean Jackson. I like Travis Benjamin, but Austin is a level above him in overall ability, in my view.

2) I like the 1960s -- America was on top, quality of life was reasonably good, and there was plenty of opportunity to make something of yourself in this nation. I wouldnt not have wanted to live in an era when people didn't brush their teeth or take a shower.

3) Am optimistic about it, and should work out unless we have a major global meltdown due to a disastrous cyberattack. We need to do more re cyber security in this nation. I worry this is the next Pearl Harbor.

4) Butch Davis, Butch Davis, Butch Davis. Who was that obscure LB he took in the second round that turned out to be another bust? Can't remember his name. But even that guy was probably better than Clifford Charlton or Mike Junkin.

5) I'd go to Rome because I haven't been there. But if you haven't been to Europe, take Paris, probably the greatest city I've ever visited. Had a fantastic time there and the food and drink are so good its otherworldly.
AttackOffense

Favorite Player: TRich
Least Favorite Player: SLavauo

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:57 pm

1. Calvin
2. 60s or 70s, probably the latter as less chance of getting drafted for that shit hole war for one reason.
3. Expectations, no, relatively solid hopes, yes, for the parts I can control. Which means it won't happen once our government reads this thread.
4. Too many to list.
5. Paris, it's so romantic.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 pm

1. Aldon Smith. He's freaky and stuff.

2. This one. I already know what happened in those other ones. (I don't have to have shit plugged into my ears at all times, tweet, and take pictures of my food with my camera phone, and stupid shit like that as a result of my pick, though, do I?)

3. Yes, thanks to Dulcolax.

4. I hated Mangini the most, but he certainly wasn't the worst. Probably Romeo, as irresistibly huggable as he may still be.

5. Paris. Food. Louvre. Pretty stuff.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:31 pm

jb wrote:Plus I can be on the cutting edge of everything, inclduing inventing Hip Hop in the 60's.

In your first performance, you'd erase your entire polaroid of Run DMC.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:33 pm

General wrote:5. Rome, to get to Sicily, see The Vatican, Tuscany, etc.

We anticipate disappointment upon your arrival.

Sincerely,

Things that are actually in Rome.

: )

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 pm

I have a Hemingway problem and a Woody issue.

Paris: 1920

We all fail at everything, but at least they did it with pretty things.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby General » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
General wrote:5. Rome, to get to Sicily, see The Vatican, Tuscany, etc.

We anticipate disappointment upon your arrival.

Sincerely,

Things that are actually in Rome.

: )

I guess I was alluding to proximity of these places unless you are thinking I meant Rome , Georgia.
General

Unread postby AttackOffense » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

I wonder if Rome, GA has good Italian food?
AttackOffense

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm

1: Phil Dawson - we got WAY to used to him
2: Now is pretty cool. I like living "in the future"
3: Yes...thanks to my TESLA stock
4: SHUR - and it's not even close. That guy is the worst coach I've ever seen in any sport at any level. Except for that pederast at Penn St. and the guy who smoked crack and did lines during the halftime of Cleveland State B-ball games
5: Rome is nice for the food/history, Munich's got the brew, but Paris is the best city on Earth besides NY and maybe Prague. If I got to stay anywhere for several months it'd be Prague.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Squints » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 am

1. Calvin Johnson. Dominant receiver we have been lacking

2. 1950. By all accounts, a pretty cool decade. Would be 1960, but I probably get drafted into the service, so that is out, same reason for 1940. 1930 is the depression. 1920 would be a close second. 70's on are too recent.

3. No

4. Shurmer- no contest.

5. Munich. Already been to Rome, no desire to go to Paris, Munich wins. I would also love to check out the sights/buildings of the '72 Olympics, one of the more historical Olympic games for a variety of reasons.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:40 am

1. Clay Matthews
2. The 70's. Great Music, a lot less gov't bullshit because everybody was too busy hating Nixon and laughing at Ford and Carter, every other woman had hair down to her ass (this is important to me), sexual revolution was in full swing, I could get a 69 Boss 302 for about $3 and I get to watch Brian Sipe again.
3. Only if I win the lottery.
4. Brian FUCKING Daboll. My dead dog could've put together a more competent offense than that functioning retard.
5. Rome. I'm Italian and I can go visit some cousins.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby AttackOffense » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:37 am

Love the Brian Daboll pick for worst coach! I had forgotten about him. Brigns back very bad memories.
At least having Norv Turner on board is a big plus for the Browns. Comparing Turner vs. Daboll is like comparing a Porsche vs. a VW Beetle.
AttackOffense

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:24 pm

jb wrote:

1 - AJ Green.

2 - 1950 USA. I could enjoy it all while everyone else was worried about getting blowed up. Plus I can be on the cutting edge of everything, inclduing inventing Hip Hop in the 60's.

3 - Uh, no. Not financially on paper. But "comfortable" is all about expectations. Manage your expectations and you have gratitude.

4 - Chris Palmer gets the nod over Romeo just barely. But it is dang close. For Oc it's Mo Carthon by a country mile. For DC? Hmmmmm, we've really had some decent DC's in spite of it all. Even Todd Grantham is working on saturdays IIRC. He's probably the worst IIRC.

5 - Rome. Easily. In love with the antiquities and classics. Iganatius nerd.

2 -

20 yrs old in 1950 gets you drafted for Korea, no?
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:38 pm

1. Clay Matthews Jr because we haven't had a LB worth a rats ass, IMHO,since Jamir Miller

2. I want to be 20 at the start of the 20's. Fucking party time.... 20 at the start of the 70's means you were drafted in '68.
<------cuz he was already 20 in 1970 : )

3. Define comfortable... if it means country club, travel, boat and new car every couple yrs, an emphatic NO.....I'll give it all up for health

4. MoPaddyRobiskie

5. Rome.... food art and Italian women... and a short ride to a hilltop village near Naples where my grandfather was from
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 am

bookelly wrote:If I got to stay anywhere for several months it'd be Prague.

Can't support this statement enough.
Hikohadon

Unread postby AttackOffense » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:19 am

As a person who enjoys travel, I'd be interested in the inputs from you guys about what makes Prague so interesting to you. I may add that to my list of plaes to go.
AttackOffense

Unread postby General » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 am

AttackOffense wrote:As a person who enjoys travel, I'd be interested in the inputs from you guys about what makes Prague so interesting to you. I may add that to my list of plaes to go.

Whores
General

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:53 am

AttackOffense wrote:As a person who enjoys travel, I'd be interested in the inputs from you guys about what makes Prague so interesting to you. I may add that to my list of plaes to go.

First off, it's beautiful. Just a gorgeous old town section. As nice as Paris, but cheaper. Great walking city, although the underground is easy to use too. Most people speak English since they figured out early on that not many people outside of their country speak Czech. Unlike Paris, the people are happy to have you there. They know the tourist trade has really bolstered their economy (which eliminated one of the great perks from when I first went in 1994, which would be how cheap it was). Beer is GOOD. Food is good. I hear it has a really good night life, although all we did was hang around on the Charles Bridge and drink (many do that). Many vices can easily be scratched too, if you want - there are casinos and absinthe and hash/pot/whores are supposed to be easy to get.

But, really, just google-images Prague and that should be enough of a selling point.
Hikohadon

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL