Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Jimmy Says Sorry

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Jimmy Says Sorry

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm

I've never known someone to shove "candidly" into as many sentences as Jimbo.

"Most of the lessons that I've learned in life, candidly, came through athletics and I think particularly football," he said. "The great thing about football is it's the ultimate team sport. No matter what position you play, if you don't do your job, you're going to let the team down. Candidly, that's the way life is, that's what business that we play in, and you've got to count on everybody on your team."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22212879/browns-owner-haslam-apologizes-to-fans-after-fbi-raid
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Jimmy Says Sorry

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 pm

This is coming from Mike Freeman, who kinda sucks, so take it for what it's worth...

NFL team officials fear probe could drain Haslam, undermine Browns
May 8, 2013 1:07 pm ET

When it was first discovered the company owned by Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam had been accused of massive fraud by the FBI, many across the NFL publicly said little, and just waited. That may have quickly changed.

Several team officials are saying they believe it may be extremely difficult for Haslam to keep the Browns, because he may be ensnared by a myriad of lawsuits and legal actions that could drain his finances, and prevent him from keeping the club.

“This is more worrisome than people know,” said one team official who has familiarized himself with Haslam's situation.

The FBI has been probing Haslam's truck-stop company, Pilot Flying J, and has alleged massive impropriety.

NFL sources say they are concerned about the long-term viability of the Browns under Haslam's control and believe it may be only a matter of time before Haslam is forced to sell the Browns.

The reason why are lawsuits. Several have already been filed. If Haslam can win them, then his future as Browns owner is more on solid footing. But if there are massive financial settlements or legal losses, it would prove problematic for Haslam.

The NFL is also concerned what the FBI investigation will do to Haslam's cash flow. There is fear it could be dramatically injured and that could hurt what Haslam spends on the Browns, again forcing him to sell.

Haslam has apologized to Browns fans repeatedly but continues declining to answer any questions about the case.

Haslam told reporters this week: “We feel badly about it and we're very comfortable we'll work through this situation.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22217956/nfl-team-officials-fear-federal-probe-could-drain-haslam-undermine-browns
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Wed May 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Candidly, basically, actually. They all are the mark of an idiot and/or liar trying to sound like everything is under control. So basically if I am allowed to speak candidly I am actually hoping the gasoline thief sells the team to a Los Angeles based interest group.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Did the FBI NOT whisper in the NFL's ear because they feared their investigation would be compromised? Anyone have any knowledge of that?

Because a, "Pssstt.... might wanna hold off on ratifying that ownership bid" would have come in handy for a lot of people.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Thu May 09, 2013 1:26 pm

cabdidly, I hope for a sale sooner rather than later. candidly, this type of resource drain would be a candid problem. day-to-candid_day, I candidly think banner is doing everything anyway. In a candid manner.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:31 pm

"So, you know, I'm not, I don't want to get into a moral or ethical conversation, because I believe that if a guy's gonna butt-fuck you then we got to go to butt-fuckin' him harder … "
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby swerb » Thu May 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Candidly, this guy is a hilbillie asshole.

Only in Cleveland could any new owner make me pine for the return of Randy Lerner.

God help us all.

:hic:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby justmebd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm

The only question at this point, to me, is how soon the NFL kicks Jimmy the Hillbilly Huckster out the door.

Will they try and have new ownership in place in time for the offseason, or will this FO/Coaching staff get two years?
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 09, 2013 10:27 pm

They're waiting to see if he gets indicted.

If he does, the FBI conviction rate is so high that he's likely toast. So an indictment will equal double the fun for Jim Bob, cuz the NFL will kindly ask for his pledge pin back.
Hikohadon

Unread postby bookelly » Fri May 10, 2013 3:07 am

Relax, it's all part of the master plan to contend in 2036.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby jb » Fri May 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Hikohadon wrote:They're waiting to see if he gets indicted.

If he does, the FBI conviction rate is so high that he's likely toast. So an indictment will equal double the fun for Jim Bob, cuz the NFL will kindly ask for his pledge pin back.

Agree. Indictment has been the precident for being blacballed.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL