Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Pestano on the DL

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Pestano on the DL

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon May 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Right elbow tendonitis.

Hagadone recalled.

Sufficed to say, this is not good news.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: Pestano on the DL

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 am

Fact that it's retroactive is a good sign. Otherwise, no, not good, especially for somebody who already had TJS once before.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby pup » Tue May 07, 2013 1:08 pm

What makes it a good sign being retroactive?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue May 07, 2013 1:13 pm

pup wrote:What makes it a good sign being retroactive?

Well, it would imply that it may not be all that serious and that he'll be ready in 8-10 days as opposed to 15 + the time he has already missed. Sure, he could be on it a lot longer, but they seem pretty optimistic that it's nothing big. MRI showed nothing out of the ordinary.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby neoleo » Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Report on STO during the game yesterday was that they expect him back the day he's eligible to come off. He actually hasn't pitched since 4/28 but there was a quirk about being able to call Hagadone back up. They had to set the retroactive point to the day after Hagadone was initially sent down in order to waive the 10 day rule.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue May 07, 2013 1:39 pm

neoleo wrote:Report on STO during the game yesterday was that they expect him back the day he's eligible to come off. He actually hasn't pitched since 4/28 but there was a quirk about being able to call Hagadone back up. They had to set the retroactive point to the day after Hagadone was initially sent down in order to waive the 10 day rule.

Ah. That makes more sense than anything else.

To my point as well, they didn't announce any kind of throwing program or shut down with Pestano like they did with Myers, so that's part of my optimism with the retroactive part as well.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu May 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Didn't deserve a thread of it's own but, Hagadone has been optioned to AAA. The assumption is this will make room for Pestano to be activated tomorrow.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 16, 2013 4:11 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Didn't deserve a thread of it's own but, Hagadone has been optioned to AAA. The assumption is this will make room for Pestano to be activated tomorrow.

Not surprised because of how Hagadone threw the ball, but a little surprised because, as I said the other day, the Indians are facing some lefty-heavy lineups over the next couple of weeks.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:40 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:Didn't deserve a thread of it's own but, Hagadone has been optioned to AAA. The assumption is this will make room for Pestano to be activated tomorrow.

Not surprised because of how Hagadone threw the ball, but a little surprised because, as I said the other day, the Indians are facing some lefty-heavy lineups over the next couple of weeks.

Apparently they feel better about their chances with a righty that can throw strikes facing opposing lefties as opposed to Hagadone's stupid ass missing all over the place.

That kid doesn't settle down and he's gonna be just another red-assed, talented as hell never-was. Now would be a good time to figure that out.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 16, 2013 5:06 pm

peeker643 wrote:Apparently they feel better about their chances with a righty that can throw strikes facing opposing lefties as opposed to Hagadone's stupid ass missing all over the place.

That kid doesn't settle down and he's gonna be just another red-assed, talented as hell never-was. Now would be a good time to figure that out.

Understandable. And Joe Smith will be back in the 7th inning role, which frees him up to face lefties in high leverage spots if necessary.

I've never liked Hagadone. I can't stand bullpen guys who can't throw strikes, especially lefties. That's why I had an unnatural hatred for Tony Sipp.

Fat Albers lives on for another couple of weeks (at least).
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu May 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I realise what I'm about to say but, let's not forget we do still have two lefties in the pen with Huff back there...... yes, I'm aware that I just brought Huffs name up amid a discussion on getting people out.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 16, 2013 9:26 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:I realise what I'm about to say but, let's not forget we do still have two lefties in the pen with Huff back there...... yes, I'm aware that I just brought Huffs name up amid a discussion on getting people out.

I forgot he was here. Probably because I wanted to forget that he was here.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB