Text Size

No Holds Barred

Explosion at the Boston Marathon

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Explosion at the Boston Marathon

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Hmm...

Muslim:Radical Islam::Christian: Westboro Baptist Church

That said, something blows up over here and my first thoughts are Islamic extremist followed after that by militia whack job. And honestly, Islamic extremist is way ahead in that race.

I think authorities do a ridiculously good job sniffing out the jihadists. I think they've all but turned off the water of the militia types.

Mostly because those nut balls are more visible on the radar of other people where they live.

Knock on wood.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Mystery solved thanks to Sherlock Jones. It was the Navy SEALS. The other guys where just patsies, despite the photo evidence.

Somebody hit this man in the head with a hammer.

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:54 am

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Did the ideology of McVeigh, Nichols, or Rudoldph interest you?

No, I don't even remember what their ideologies were.

Really? That McVey believed a "tyrannical government is fucking up the country" doesn't stand out and isn't memorable? That for McVey it was, in large part, retribution for the Waco siege and Ruby Ridge that he thought were examples of that tyranny?

Really and no.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:49 am

I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but I think it is imperative to point out the inconsistencies and large voids in this story.
And this comes from a highly reputable media outlet. I prefer RT to BBC

http://rt.com/op-edge/boston-bombers-ts ... thers-172/
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but I think it is imperative to point out the inconsistencies and large voids in this story.

No shit there are voids in the media's knowledge of the story. Shockingly, not EVERYTHING in the case has leaked yet. That doesn't mean it's a conspiracy theory, it just means that there are aspects of the case that the "highly reputable" media outlet isn't aware of yet.

Again, why do people assume that less than 7 days after the attack and less than 72 hrs after the suspects were killed/captured, that the media knows everything already? They're taking the 20% they know and making up the other 80%, and you wonder why things don't add up?? Grow up.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 am

Yeah the conspiracy of the pictures of them carrying and dropping the bombs. The conspiracy of executing a cop for unknown reasons, car jacking someone, getting into a high speed chase with the cops in which bombs are tossed from the suspects' car and ending in a shootout with the police...

And i'm sorry, bu Russia Today is a terrible source. They cater to the Ron Paul afraid of the government types.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 am

gotribe31 wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but I think it is imperative to point out the inconsistencies and large voids in this story.

No shit there are voids in the media's knowledge of the story. Shockingly, not EVERYTHING in the case has leaked yet. That doesn't mean it's a conspiracy theory, it just means that there are aspects of the case that the "highly reputable" media outlet isn't aware of yet.

Again, why do people assume that less than 7 days after the attack and less than 72 hrs after the suspects were killed/captured, that the media knows everything already? They're taking the 20% they know and making up the other 80%, and you wonder why things don't add up?? Grow up.

I'm just passing along the material
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:40 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:

I'm just passing along the material

Yes. You're passing the 'material' to someone who was actually involved in the event, the investigation and the gathering of the information and who spent 80+ hours over the course of the 100 hours that it took from explosion to capture.

There's a chance he may know a bit more than you do or I do.

Of course, to those pre-disposed to such lunacy, it probably means he's just part of the conspiracy. :tfh:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:57 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Did the ideology of McVeigh, Nichols, or Rudoldph interest you?

Really? That McVey believed a "tyrannical government is fucking up the country" doesn't stand out and isn't memorable? That for McVey it was, in large part, retribution for the Waco siege and Ruby Ridge that he thought were examples of that tyranny?

Really and no.

::doh::

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I read the RT story, and while it paints a sympathetic portrait of the Tsarnaev brothers, it's no different from the "they were such nice boys" treatment that they are getting in U.S. media...and it exposes no real gaping holes in the account we're coming to understand as the way things went.

NBC News (one of the more responsible outlets on this story, IMO) reported in the last 24 hours that Tamerlan was seen making six visits with a radical Islamist at a mosque in Dagestan during his 6-month stay in Russia last year. The Russians were sufficiently concerned about him to alert the FBI about his recent radicalization...his drastic personality change, etc....a rare move on the part of the Russians, I understand.

There's a term for the worldview that has people still searching for a motive...and Andy McCarthy, the AUSA who prosecuted the Blind Sheik Rahman and the first WTC bombers, wrote a book with it as its title...

Willful Blindness
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Might I propose for those in the states on a student visa or without citizenship that they are absolutely and undeniably permitted to leave the country for a place such as Yemen or Chechnya or Mogadishu or anywhere else they feel called to visit.

No issues whatsoever.

They're just not permitted back in this country.

Citizens can come and go. Anyone is welcome.

But non citizens and those here on work/educational visas get a ticket to the ballgame if they want one. Just stamped with No Re-Admittance.

And yes, not following up more exhaustively on the older brother was a big mistake. But I read in a number of places and heard Giuliani say that the Russians inundated US authorities with names of Chechens in hopes of drawing US a bit deeper into that dispute in hopes US would ultimately assist Russians if not in principle at least in action.

The US was looking to avoid that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:09 pm

One idiot already recanting some of his criticisim, realizing that he didn't have the whole story:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t2
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:19 pm

I agree Dan. With the info we have right now, I don't see how it could be anything other than a crazy Islamic Jihadist who decided to fullfil whatever he thought his destiny was. If it barks like a duck and farts like a duck and all that...

What is harder to understand is how the dude convinced little bro to participate. He doesn't seem like a radical, so how did he get brainwashed so completely that he didn't take a step back and try to put a stop to the whole thing?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:32 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I agree Dan. With the info we have right now, I don't see how it could be anything other than a crazy Islamic Jihadist who decided to fullfil whatever he thought his destiny was. If it barks like a duck and farts like a duck and all that...

What is harder to understand is how the dude convinced little bro to participate. He doesn't seem like a radical, so how did he get brainwashed so completely that he didn't take a step back and try to put a stop to the whole thing?

You have an older or younger brother? Not being a dick, just asking. I think a kid in that age range of younger brother still looks up to big brother and is right in the wheelhouse of being impressionable and seeing his world view changing.

Maybe it never got to the fervor of big brother and maybe not at all, really. Maybe it was always about impressing the older one and measuring up to him?

No idea. But it's a thought.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Can we stop using the term "braiwashed?" It's just a fancy term for "convinced" that makes it seem like we're trying to absolve the person for his/her actions, suggesting that some sort of supernatural, irresistable force was at work here.

Maybe I'm overreacting.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 pm

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I agree Dan. With the info we have right now, I don't see how it could be anything other than a crazy Islamic Jihadist who decided to fullfil whatever he thought his destiny was. If it barks like a duck and farts like a duck and all that...

You have an older or younger brother? Not being a dick, just asking. I think a kid in that age range of younger brother still looks up to big brother and is right in the wheelhouse of being impressionable and seeing his world view changing.

Maybe it never got to the fervor of big brother and maybe not at all, really. Maybe it was always about impressing the older one and measuring up to him?

I'm 27 and have a 19 year old brother. I'm pretty sure I can convince him to do just about anything.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:

I do have an older brother, and I get the whole "looking up to him" angle. It obviously has something (a lot...everything?) to do with what happened here. It's just a whole 'nother level that I can't understand and fathom.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:24 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I'm 27 and have a 19 year old brother. I'm pretty sure I can convince him to do just about anything.

really? You could convince him to set a bomb down in the middle of a crowded sidewalk and walk away?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

really? You could convince him to set a bomb down in the middle of a crowded sidewalk and walk away?

Not overnight, but given enough time? Sure.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:29 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Can we stop using the term "braiwashed?" It's just a fancy term for "convinced" that makes it seem like we're trying to absolve the person for his/her actions, suggesting that some sort of supernatural, irresistable force was at work here.

Maybe I'm overreacting.

Not trying to absolve anyone of anything. And I used the word "convinced" in my post also. But that word doesn't, on the face of it, appear to do what happened here justice. Unless Little bro was being radicalized WITH Big Bro...I'm not sure what other word to use in this situation.

My brother could "convince" me to do a lot of goofy shit. I don't think anyone could simply "convince" the vast majority of humans to do what happened here.

Again, it doesn't absolve personal responsibility, and the difference is pretty much semantic, but was Patty Hearst merely "convinced"?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:30 pm

If you're inclined to criticize the FBI and/or DHS for "allowing" these attackers to slip through the crack, it may be humbling to consider the dozens of attacks they have been able to thwart (or that otherwise failed) through aggressive counter-terrorism policies.

Here's a partial listing (at least 53 of them since 9/11...that we know about)

http://ihartpolitics.com/?p=1317

Thanks again, Al

Edit: another link with more details

http://www.heritage.org/research/report ... -terrorism
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 pm

peeker643 wrote: I think a kid in that age range of younger brother still looks up to big brother and is right in the wheelhouse of being impressionable and seeing his world view changing.

My wife's take, from the day the FBI released the photos. She is definitely on the "law and order" side of most conversations, but kept saying "this is such a mess" and hoped the younger brother could be taken alive - not to get info, so much, but because she thinks he actually was a victim, in a sense. I think the photos showing his puppy dog eyes may have been a factor- sure. But still.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:56 pm

danwismar wrote:Thanks again, Al

I don't know you like these guys, but you have my deep appreciation as well.

Was praying for you. You too, E0Y.
googleeph2

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Really and no.

Some things are just more important to twerps than they are to everyone else.

And for clarification, the Twerphood is only for people that think that information that is apparently important to them must be important to everyone else, not necessarily whether or not you personally found McVeigh's motives interesting enough to commit to long-term memory.

I mean, I assumed it was something either anti-government or overly-religious, but I never found myself interested enough in wacko motives to keep them straight.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Really and no.

Some things are just more important to twerps than they are to everyone else.

And for clarification, the Twerphood is only for people that think that information that is apparently important to them must be important to everyone else, not necessarily whether or not you personally found McVeigh's motives interesting enough to commit to long-term memory.

I mean, I assumed it was something either anti-government or overly-religious, but I never found myself interested enough in wacko motives to keep them straight.

You're the guy that don't need the will cause you feel fine.

You don't need to get the lump in your groin checked that's been causing you to piss blood for a month cause the doctor might tell you something's wrong.

Hard to bothered by things you don't know about, I guess.

And clearly people who do know what motivated Tim McVeigh hide under their beds in fear of brown people on airplanes and cling to their wubbies.

Yawn.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:10 pm

"I'm a fucking idiot because I can't make a lamp?"
"No. You're a fucking genius because you can't make a lamp."

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 pm

"Why do you have a fake ID anyway?"

"So I can vote."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 pm

peeker643 wrote:You're the guy that blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Yawn.

Sorry, bro, not in the mood for another one of our petty bitchslap fights.

Yawn indeed.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:35 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:You're the guy that blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Yawn.

Sorry, bro, not in the mood for another one of our petty bitchslap fights.

Yawn indeed.

Not sure how you do it all anyway, really.

The Colt/Jimmah/Banner/Lombardi/Draper/MadMen disappointment and disgust and its cataloging has to be time consuming.

Find some joy, brotha. Good luck. Be well. Try and enjoy the spirit of Thursday if not the actual drawn out, boring event that will likely add another log to the disappointment fire.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 pm

googleeph2 wrote:
danwismar wrote:Thanks again, Al

I don't know you like these guys, but you have my deep appreciation as well.

Was praying for you. You too, E0Y.

Thanks guys.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 pm

THE END.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 am

Triple-S wrote:http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/alex-jones-downplays-connection-to-boston-bomber?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

The irony is delicious.

Maybe they can go a step further since the bombers were on welfare, perhaps there is a link between those taking welfare and Alex Jones. The evil government that bankrolls you each month with a few petro-dollars, we want to blow up.

The only issue I find a bit puzzling is why we put those picture out as if we didn't know who the two guys were at first. The Russkies had been turning stuff over on the older one for quite some time. They knew what was up, the plea to the public was just a show.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 am

They are saying that one reason they released the photos was to end the nutty speculation by "Joe Citizen" on sites like Reddit, (and outlets like the NY Post) who were well-intended but were posting photos of people the FBI knew to be NOT the guys, and causing grief for several completely innocent people.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

Here's one thing that's been puzzling me: The Russians warned us about the older brother, yet he traveled to Russia after that, and they never picked him up or anything. I figured the FSB would have been on him like stink on shit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Here's one thing that's been puzzling me: The Russians warned us about the older brother, yet he traveled to Russia after that, and they never picked him up or anything. I figured the FSB would have been on him like stink on shit.

This times a thousand. If they were really that worried about him, he'd have never come back.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 pm

danwismar wrote:They are saying that one reason they released the photos was to end the nutty speculation by "Joe Citizen" on sites like Reddit, (and outlets like the NY Post) who were well-intended but were posting photos of people the FBI knew to be NOT the guys, and causing grief for several completely innocent people.

Oh yeah the folks on 4chan had the case closed 24 hours before the chase started. Wrong guys of course but what the hell.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:22 am

The first person account of the carjacking victim:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/0 ... aign=sm_tw

Hell of a read.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 pm

My heart is pumping. People said photos of the bombing site before the detonations were chilling.
THIS is chilling.

I wonder if the guy laughs about some of that stuff, in retrospect.
Like the attempts at telepathy to the cops. Why not try it- don't get me wrong, I would.
I'd be trying telepathy, telekinesis, any tele- I could think of.
googleeph2

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:23 pm

FWIW, running the Pittsburgh Marathon next Sunday, and am getting daily e-mails regarding security. No John Q Publics allowed within a block of the start/Finish area, all bag drop items must be in the CLEAR bag they provide. And any opaque backpacks in that area are subject to search.

By tomorrow they'll probably be more rules.

For the major city marathons, like Chicago, New york etc. where the crowded areas span out much farther than the start/finish area, you're talking big bucks.

In other words, the taxpayers in these cities are going to be footing the bill, cause tacking on a few bucks to the registration fee ain't gonna cut it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:25 am

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/big-data ... 02275.html

Regardless of affiliation, training, level of sophistication, etc, this is what's really scary. Billions of dollars for two crock pot bombs.

If the radical islamists are smart they'll be appealing to every disenfranchised asshole in the country to join this party.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:39 pm

This horrible act of terrorism, a midst our nation wide gun debate, brings up an interesting set of questions as to how we deal with terrorism (both in policy and financial costs) relative to our approach to "gun violence".
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:07 pm

The gun debate in DC is dead. D-E-A-D. Red State Democrats killed it when it was watered down to just background checks.... Which I support.

And I ain't paying tax money so a bunch of dopes can run across a city fitted with excessive security. Pay for it yourselves.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Another mystery revealed. We finally know what led Russian authorities to warn the U.S. government about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the elder brother suspected of carrying out the Boston Marathon bombing. Russia secretly recorded two phone calls involving the suspect’s mother. In one of them, Tsarnaev “briefly discussed jihad with his mother,” reports the Associated Press, which was the first to break the story. In the other, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, Tamerlan’s mother, was recorded talking to someone in southern Russia who was already under investigation by the FBI in an unrelated case.

Intelligence officials have also come across text messages in which the mother discussed how Tamerlan is ready to die for Islam, according to two Newsday sources.

The FBI has only learned about these phone calls, which never discussed specific plans nor attacks within the United States, after the bombings. In 2011, all Russian authorities said was they were concerned the mother-son duo had become religious extremists. The FBI requested more information after interviewing Tamerlan but received no further cooperation from Russian officials, who later went to the CIA with the same information. The mother and son were placed in late 2011 on the Terror Identities Datamart Environment database, a low-level watch list that contains some half-a-million names.

Now the question is whether the FBI or the CIA would have taken the warnings more seriously had they known about the recorded phone calls. “Would we have gone farther?” a law enforcement official tells the New York Times. “Maybe, maybe not.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... other.html
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 07, 2013 12:58 pm

A new longish piece at NYRB site, with more background into the Tsarnaev family, by a reporter who has interviewed lots of people in the Boston Chechen community...including the mysterious "Misha" who supposedly had a part in radicalizing Tamerlan...(turns out, not so much...it was more the Internet videos he was watching)

Still some of that "willful blindness" syndrome by the writer, even while she acknowledges the Islamic radicalization, and notes the influence of al-Awlaki, the same cleric who inspired the Ft Hood shooter and others to commit acts of terrorism...

"The biggest question surrounding the marathon bombings, of course, is the one of motive: Why did they do it? I’m not entirely sure that we will ever have a satisfying answer."

As the kids say...SMH

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archive ... ers-world/

danwismar

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred