Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Draft Competition

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Draft Competition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:32 am

Trying to add some interest to this draft (for me, at least), so...

Select Top 15 picks. If you predict a trade, move that team from their current spot to the trade spot. One point for picking the player in the correct slot. One point for picking the player to the correct team. One point for correctly predicting a team's trade. One point for correctly predicting with whom that trade happens. And one point for the player actually being in the Top 15.

1 - KC
2 - JAX
3 - OAK
4 - PHI
5 - DET
6 - CLE
7 - ARI
8 - BUF
9 - NYJ
10 - TEN
11 - SD
12 - MIA
13 - NYJ
14 - CAR
15 - NO
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Draft Competition

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 am

Over/Under on how long until this turns into a QB discussion or Peeker/Hiko fight?

Five posts!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 am

1 - KC - Luke Joeckel
2 - JAX - Eric Fisher
3 - OAK - Sharrif Floyd
4 - PHI - Dion Jordan
5 - DET - Ziggy Ansah
6 - MIA (trade w/ CLE) - Lane Johnson
7 - ARI - Jonathan Cooper
8 - BUF - Dee Milliner
9 - NYJ - Star Lotulelei
10 - TEN - Barkevious Mingo
11 - SD - Chance Warmack
12 - CLE (trade w/ MIA) - Xavier Rhodes
13 - NYJ - Geno Smith
14 - CAR - Sheldon Richardson
15 - NO - Tavon Austin
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Over/Under on how long until this turns into a QB discussion or Peeker/Hiko fight?

Five posts!

Not gonna happen, bro. I am just as ambivalent about this year's QB prospects as I am about the QB's already on the team. Nothing outside of "We should draft Matt Barkley at #6" registers any emotional response from me.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 am

Well, at least we have next year's To Braxton or Not To Braxton drama to look forward to!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Well, at least we have next year's To Braxton or Not To Braxton drama to look forward to!

Ha, might as well start the Braxton vs Bridgewater thread this time next week.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 am

1 - KC - Luke Joeckel
2 - JAX - Eric Fisher
3 - OAK - Ziggy Ansah
4 - PHI - Sharrif Floyd
5 - DET - Dee Milliner
6 - CLE - Dion Jordan
7 - ARI - Chance Warmack
8 - BUF - Barkevious Mingo
9 - NYJ - Jarvis Jones
10 - TEN -Star Lotulelei
11 - SD - Sheldon Richardson
12 - MIA - Tavon Austin
13 - NYJ - Geno Smith
14 - CAR - Tyler Eifert
15 - NO - Sylvester Williams
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 am

Looking hard at Barkley at #6. At least I hope they are.

;-) ;) :wink:

I like the Hiko scenario. I'd take that (as I assume they are recouping the 2nd rounder at either 42 or 54?).

You can haggle over the player but it makes sense. Personally I'd rather have Vaccarro than the CB given Young was let go, but I'd love this scenario to play out in terms of the deal itself. Gonna be tough with so many teams looking to trade back given dearth of 'elite' players but all it takes is a run on one spot for teams needing those postions to get aggressive.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am

This right here is Browns dream trade-down scenario where two tackles and the best CB are gone. If the draft goes like this Thursday the Browns will get their trade back and they will optimize the picks they receive. That would be difference between getting Fin's #42 as opposed to 54.

And I still think 49ers are a country you'll hear from. Would you take 31 and 34 from them for #6 in this particular draft?

Govbarney wrote:1 - KC - Luke Joeckel
2 - JAX - Eric Fisher
3 - OAK - Ziggy Ansah
4 - PHI - Sharrif Floyd
5 - DET - Dee Milliner
6 - CLE - Dion Jordan
7 - ARI - Chance Warmack
8 - BUF - Barkevious Mingo
9 - NYJ - Jarvis Jones
10 - TEN -Star Lotulelei
11 - SD - Sheldon Richardson
12 - MIA - Tavon Austin
13 - NYJ - Geno Smith
14 - CAR - Tyler Eifert
15 - NO - Sylvester Williams

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 am

peeker643 wrote:I like the Hiko scenario. I'd take that (as I assume they are recouping the 2nd rounder at either 42 or 54?).

I'd assume 54. I think that's as high as Miami goes to move up in this draft.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 am

Where is EJ Manual currently being projected, and do you think he is a legitimate target for the Browns?

In other words, if the Browns are targeting a specific guy in who's projected in the mid 2nd, the difference between 54 and 42 might be huge to them. What would be the point of trading back if the 2nd rounder they covet would probably be gone anyway.

And I'm not saying that's Manuel, just an example of a guy with the kind of future upside you could see a team going out of their way to land.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm

peeker643 wrote:And I still think 49ers are a country you'll hear from. Would you take 31 and 34 from them for #6 in this particular draft?

No, but I'd take 31, 34, 74 (3rd rounder), and 128 (4th rounder).

Let's not forget that Heckert got 2011 #27, 54, 124, and 2012 #22 to trade down from a similar position. That's 4 picks at a total value of 227. The SF trade I would take above has a 4 pick total value of 267, so it's not even as good as Heckert's deal.

Course one could also argue that the player available at #6 this year doesn't have the value of Julio Jones, so...
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:05 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Where is EJ Manual currently being projected, and do you think he is a legitimate target for the Browns?

In other words, if the Browns are targeting a specific guy in who's projected in the mid 2nd, the difference between 54 and 42 might be huge to them. What would be the point of trading back if the 2nd rounder they covet would probably be gone anyway.

And I'm not saying that's Manuel, just an example of a guy with the kind of future upside you could see a team going out of their way to land.

My guess is that Manuel MIGHT be available at 42 but won't be there at 54.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see him go at the end of the 1st.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Course one could also argue that the player available at #6 this year doesn't have the value of Julio Jones, so...

That's the biggest issue, of course.

Heard any number of people saying that there are maybe 10-15 guys who grade out in generalk as 1st round picks. How bad you want one and where you have to come from to get one gonna be huge.

Which is why I hope like hell Milliner, and two tackles are off the board after first five selections.

Jeez, if J'Ville is dopey enough to take Geno as well in those top 5 picks that'd be even freaking better.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:Which is why I hope like hell Milliner, and two tackles are off the board after first five selections.

I hear the Browns have a deep list of CB's they consider potential straters. Wonder if other teams feel the same.

It's all about the tackles and Dion Jordan to me. My gut says if Jordan is there they grab him and don't look back. Else they do a trade down if there is a run on 2 of the 3 top OLT's.

What say you Peeker?

Anything but Tyler Effert.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 pm

And the B1G won't have a first round pick in this draft....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Govbarney wrote:15 - NO - Sylvester Williams

Why would anyone named Sylvster not go by "Sly" ?
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:22 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And the B1G won't have a first round pick in this draft....

WTG Tess.

Statement as to his last few recruiting classes.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:44 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Which is why I hope like hell Milliner, and two tackles are off the board after first five selections.

I hear the Browns have a deep list of CB's they consider potential straters. Wonder if other teams feel the same.

It's all about the tackles and Dion Jordan to me. My gut says if Jordan is there they grab him and don't look back. Else they do a trade down if there is a run on 2 of the 3 top OLT's.

What say you Peeker?

I think that's probably about right unless that run of OTs occurs. Yep. And I don't think Milliner grades out like Patrick Peterson or even Claiborne. And yes, the other factor is you can upgrade on the Browns shitty DBs without using that first round pick.

Trufant, Hayden, Taylor, Rhodes and Reh-wilson would all be upgrades and one or more will be there in RD3 even though most give them all 2nd round grades.

#6 isn't right spot for it but even OTs like Fluker and the kid from Syracuse are probably first round guys. Gonna be some solid, 8-10 year starters in rounds 2 and 3 IMO. Getting back the 2nd rounder would be huge. No bitches about how they used it, but I'd love to see them get one this year.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

What say you Peeker?

I think that's probably about right unless that run of OTs occurs. Yep. And I don't think Milliner grades out like Patrick Peterson or even Claiborne. And yes, the other factor is you can upgrade on the Browns shitty DBs without using that first round pick.

Trufant, Hayden, Taylor, Rhodes and Reh-wilson would all be upgrades and one or more will be there in RD3 even though most give them all 2nd round grades.

#6 isn't right spot for it but even OTs like Fluker and the kid from Syracuse are probably first round guys. Gonna be some solid, 8-10 year starters in rounds 2 and 3 IMO. Getting back the 2nd rounder would be huge. No bitches about how they used it, but I'd love to see them get one this year.

Lots of interwebs speculation about sung Ty Rubin to get a second in a trade package. makes some sense if they stay at 6 and take either Star or Sheriff, two guys with good value slots there.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

jb wrote:Lots of interwebs speculation about sung Ty Rubin to get a second in a trade package. makes some sense if they stay at 6 and take either Star or Sheriff, two guys with good value slots there.

So you trade Rubin, a pretty good NFL player, for a 2nd round pick, then turn around and use the 1st round pick to replace him with a guy you HOPE is a pretty good NFL player.

So unless Star or Shariff turns out to be a star, you've succeeded in trading a 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick.

Sounds about right.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:Lots of interwebs speculation about sung Ty Rubin to get a second in a trade package. makes some sense if they stay at 6 and take either Star or Sheriff, two guys with good value slots there.

So you trade Rubin, a pretty good NFL player, for a 2nd round pick, then turn around and use the 1st round pick to replace him with a guy you HOPE is a pretty good NFL player.

So unless Star or Shariff turns out to be a star, you've succeeded in trading a 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick.

Sounds about right.

Well, Ty's contract blows up like Jamarcus Russell at a CiCi's pizza after this year. he's gonna face a restructure or release.

Both Star and Sheriff are premium DT prospects, albeit different type players. They represent upgrades over Big Ty. If we were to get a 2nd for Ty that'd be a plus. Perhaps even a Cost Plussing move. So think of it as if you were to replace Rubin with Ngata and get a 2nd. The D becomes that much more attacky-changie (color me intrigued by Shear at OLB bull) and you have a 2nd to shore up a CB spot.

I don't see it in the same lateral vein you do. I'd be pretty happy with that draft as we see the O simmer for s season with the young starters having another year and hopefully better scheme/technique coaching. A monkey-butt-load more happy than taking Geno or Ty freaking Effert.

I do have a gut feel they are in man-love with Dion Jordan and if he's there they just pull trigger.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:31 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Sounds about right.

Well, Ty's contract blows up like Jamarcus Russell at a CiCi's pizza after this year. he's gonna face a restructure or release.

Both Star and Sheriff are premium DT prospects, albeit different type players. They represent upgrades over Big Ty. If we were to get a 2nd for Ty that'd be a plus. Perhaps even a Cost Plussing move. So think of it as if you were to replace Rubin with Ngata and get a 2nd. The D becomes that much more attacky-changie (color me intrigued by Shear at OLB bull) and you have a 2nd to shore up a CB spot.

Uh, I ain't assuming either of those guys is a Ngata, thanks.

Just as likely to be a Big Money.

Most likely is "good but not great".

You do that, then pick up a CB in the 2nd, you still have mediocrity at Pass Rush LB, meh at Guard, and probably start a 3rd round Safety. Oh, and no TE.

I actually like the Rubin/Winn/Bryant package at DE better than I like the Sheard/Kruger/Groves package at OLB, and I think that OLB spot is probably more of a premium in this 3-4.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way the Browns come out of this draft with me excited about the overall roster, just levels of "guess we'll see", so I'd not blow a gasket over this scenario either.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Sounds about right.

Uh, I ain't assuming either of those guys is a Ngata, thanks.

Just as likely to be a Big Money.

Most likely is "good but not great".

You do that, then pick up a CB in the 2nd, you still have mediocrity at Pass Rush LB, meh at Guard, and probably start a 3rd round Safety. Oh, and no TE.

I actually like the Rubin/Winn/Bryant package at DE better than I like the Sheard/Kruger/Groves package at OLB, and I think that OLB spot is probably more of a premium in this 3-4.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way the Browns come out of this draft with me excited about the overall roster, just levels of "guess we'll see", so I'd not blow a gasket over this scenario either.

Well, Courtney Brown showed us we can ass-u-me nothing, so yeah, I obviously get that.

But these two are likely to go higher than Ngata who came out with some flaws and criticism. But that's where Star's upside it. He ought to be better, esp vs the pass, than Rubin. So we'd have PT at NT, Mugshot and Star at DE's. A pretty impressive from 3 vs the pass. Shariff is more one gap that Star and that could be even more impressive.

The D is not gonna be a stay-at-home type. Rubin is solid to good, but I dunno how much he fits. And the issue of the contract made him banner un-friendly in both regards. A move would make sense.

And there's nothing the Browns could do now that would excite me short of a class action taquiter's give away to the general public.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:05 pm

jb wrote:Well, Courtney Brown showed us we can ass-u-me nothing, so yeah, I obviously get that.

But these two are likely to go higher than Ngata who came out with some flaws and criticism. But that's where Star's upside it. He ought to be better, esp vs the pass, than Rubin. So we'd have PT at NT, Mugshot and Star at DE's. A pretty impressive from 3 vs the pass. Shariff is more one gap that Star and that could be even more impressive.

The D is not gonna be a stay-at-home type. Rubin is solid to good, but I dunno how much he fits. And the issue of the contract made him banner un-friendly in both regards. A move would make sense.

And there's nothing the Browns could do now that would excite me short of a class action taquiter's give away to the general public.

I getcha and agree to an extent.

I just think that Pass Rusher makes a bigger impact on your team and who knows when you'll be drafting in the Top 6 again.

And if they do draft in the Top 6 again next year (which isn't unlikely), QB will probably be their focus.

EDIT - Let's just say that if they go Defense early I will be more satisfied. The only O prospect that entices me is Tavon Austin. That dude MADE Geno Smith.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:Well, Courtney Brown showed us we can ass-u-me nothing, so yeah, I obviously get that.

I getcha and agree to an extent.

I just think that Pass Rusher makes a bigger impact on your team and who knows when you'll be drafting in the Top 6 again.

And if they do draft in the Top 6 again next year (which isn't unlikely), QB will probably be their focus.

EDIT - Let's just say that if they go Defense early I will be more satisfied.

Wichu Hiko.

The issue is that you have need, and you have actual cats.

There's a few different ways to rush the passer. One is from the interior down DLmen. the other is the two legged sorts.

As far as actual players, gimme a Star or Shariff over an unproductive stiff like Kivi or Roberto Hernandez Anseh. I really don't know whatthey offer that Sheard doesn't. Hell, I still don't know why Jarvis Jones is written off over workouts. All he did was rush like a madman and dominate the SEC.

But I'm funny like that. Sure will be nice to see him replace harrison and "Cost Plus" us for 5 years as a pro bowler.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:37 pm

jb wrote:As far as actual players, gimme a Star or Shariff over an unproductive stiff like Kivi or Roberto Hernandez Anseh. I really don't know whatthey offer that Sheard doesn't. Hell, I still don't know why Jarvis Jones is written off over workouts. All he did was rush like a madman and dominate the SEC.

But I'm funny like that. Sure will be nice to see him replace harrison and "Cost Plus" us for 5 years as a pro bowler.

Wichu JB. Still a big fan of JJ. Maybe his stock drop allows them to trade down and take him at 12/13. Beauty.
Hikohadon

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Where is EJ Manual currently being projected, and do you think he is a legitimate target for the Browns?

Don't think there's ANY way he comes close to 42.

Waaaay before that ILO.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Can we get Honey Badger in the third?
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Can we get Honey Badger in the third?

Let someone stupid like the Raiders overdraft that guy. (If they have any picks)

Cause he will get drafted well before he should.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:56 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Don't think there's ANY way he comes close to 42.

Waaaay before that ILO.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Just not sure if he's the #2 or #3 QB to go.
Hikohadon

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 am

jb wrote: Hell, I still don't know why Jarvis Jones is written off over workouts. All he did was rush like a madman and dominate the SEC.

1000% on board with you here JB. While I've been talked in to Jordan as my #1 choice, Jarvis is holding steady at #2.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
jb wrote: Hell, I still don't know why Jarvis Jones is written off over workouts. All he did was rush like a madman and dominate the SEC.

1000% on board with you here JB. While I've been talked in to Jordan as my #1 choice, Jarvis is holding steady at #2.

Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

Jordan, who keeps showing up as a top-five pick in every mock draft I see, finished third in tackles for loss in 2012. Third in the nation? No. There wasn't a No. 3 because South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (the likely No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft) and Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton tied for second with 23.5. Third in the Pac-12? Nope. That was UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr. Jordan finished No. 3 in tackles for loss on his own team with 10.5 (five sacks). And he might go second or third overall?

I get that Jordan's size (6-foot-6, 248 pounds) means he can play defensive end in a 4-3 or outside linebacker in a 3-4, but the idea that a 3-4 team needing a disruptive rusher would take Jordan over Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones -- No. 1 in the nation with 24.5 tackles for loss even though he missed one game with an injury -- is absolutely dumbfounding. At least Jones will go elsewhere in the first round. Stanford's Thomas (6-4, 248) will go three to four rounds after Jordan, and all Thomas did -- playing against the same offensive lines as Jordan -- was get in the backfield more often (14.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...ated/?eref=nflg
jb

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:19 am

jb wrote:
Govbarney wrote:15 - NO - Sylvester Williams

Why would anyone named Sylvster not go by "Sly" ?

Shouldn't they be going by Syl?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:37 am

You jackals meeting anywhere for this train wreck?
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 am

1 - KC - Luke Joeckel
2 - JAX - Eric Fisher
3 - OAK - Sharrif Floyd
4 - CLE (trade up with PHI) -Geno Smith
5 - http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/d/d7/Nuclear_explosion.jpg
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 am

jb wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:

Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

Jordan, who keeps showing up as a top-five pick in every mock draft I see, finished third in tackles for loss in 2012. Third in the nation? No. There wasn't a No. 3 because South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (the likely No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft) and Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton tied for second with 23.5. Third in the Pac-12? Nope. That was UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr. Jordan finished No. 3 in tackles for loss on his own team with 10.5 (five sacks). And he might go second or third overall?

I get that Jordan's size (6-foot-6, 248 pounds) means he can play defensive end in a 4-3 or outside linebacker in a 3-4, but the idea that a 3-4 team needing a disruptive rusher would take Jordan over Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones -- No. 1 in the nation with 24.5 tackles for loss even though he missed one game with an injury -- is absolutely dumbfounding. At least Jones will go elsewhere in the first round. Stanford's Thomas (6-4, 248) will go three to four rounds after Jordan, and all Thomas did -- playing against the same offensive lines as Jordan -- was get in the backfield more often (14.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...ated/?eref=nflg

I've read this same take before on him, and it does scare me a bit. You could insert "Mingo" in there too since neither one of them was as productive as their physical potential would seem to allow.

I don't necessarily feel that negates their NFL potential, especially as a 3-4 OLB, which might emphasize both of those guys' skills.

Then again, I think all the Pass Rushers are boom/bust guys. That doesn't stop me from wanting one since their "boom" makes a much bigger impact than a lot of other players' "boom".
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m Yup RT @jeffphowe Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.

This is from a few minutes ago. Still beating that drum. ::doh::

peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL