Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Mock Drafts

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Mock Drafts

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:01 pm

bac5665 wrote:If he is the best QB prospect in the draft, then you take him at whatever pick you have.

Please tell me why taking the best of a bad QB crop is a necessity. You gonna eat the least rotten roadkill you find alongside the road? Or maybe you just pass until there's a better culinary option.

bac5665 wrote:I would never, ever, ever, ever plan around the best QB in the draft being available past 1st overall.

So moving back from 6 to take the best QB in the draft sounds insane.

On the other hand, any QB that will still be available by 15-20 is almost certainly a bad QB. Or one that the entire league is mis-evaluating. So in that case, I don't want to move back to take him because if he's still there, it means there is a reason he is still there.

Certainly with this FO I am not interested in entertaining the possibility that the Browns FO is better at evaluating a QB than the rest of the league.

I can only speak for myself, and I personally rank EJ higher than Geno. Many others do not. We don't know who has who evaluated where. Every team in the league could have EJ rated ahead of Geno, but all it takes is one team to have it the other way and there ya go. All we have at this time is speculation and assumption.

But, yes, if they both dropped to 20 and I were so inclined to take one of them, it would still be EJ. His ceiling is higher and Geno's just not safe enough.

Again, we don't know if any of the GM's agree with that or not. We have a bunch of mock drafters predicting what they think GM's think.

Stating that any QB still available at 15-20 is "almost certainly a bad QB" would get laughed off the floor by both Super Bowl QB's.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Dear Browns, Please don't take any qb 1st round. Wait until next year.
Thanks-Sanity
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Sports Illustrated has Ryan Nassib not only rated as the best QB in the draft, they have him rated as the BEST PLAYER in the draft!

The 2 stud OTs they rate as 8 and 9.

Huh??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/dr ... vailable/1
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 pm

The little I've watched of Nassib, he reminds me some of a poor man's Ryan Tannehill. Which certainly ain't the best player in ANY draft.

That being said, if the Browns take him, I won't really care.
Hikohadon

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:30 am

Hikohadon wrote:The little I've watched of Nassib, he reminds me some of a poor man's Ryan Tannehill. Which certainly ain't the best player in ANY draft.

Interesting. I would disagree as I don't see Nassib nearly as athletic to Tannehill. I still come back to this draft and not sure there is a 1st rounder. Certainly I don't see any that can come in right away and start.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:07 pm

noles1 wrote:Certainly I don't see any that can come in right away and start.

The beautyy of the current stable of QBs on the roster is that I think you can pretty much bring any one in and they could start. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:21 pm

peeker643 wrote:
noles1 wrote:Certainly I don't see any that can come in right away and start.

The beautyy of the current stable of QBs on the roster is that I think you can pretty much bring any one in and they could start. ;-) ;) :wink:

Damn... depressingly true statement.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm

noles1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:The little I've watched of Nassib, he reminds me some of a poor man's Ryan Tannehill. Which certainly ain't the best player in ANY draft.

Interesting. I would disagree as I don't see Nassib nearly as athletic to Tannehill. I still come back to this draft and not sure there is a 1st rounder. Certainly I don't see any that can come in right away and start.

I agree w/Noles here, nothing about Nassib says "athlete" to me, whereas w/Tanny, that was a good portion of this worth.

Personal opinion here, but if I'm taking a non-athleteic QB in today's game, I gotta REALLY like his passing and release.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 pm

leadpipe wrote:
noles1 wrote:

I agree w/Noles here, nothing about Nassib says "athlete" to me, whereas w/Tanny, that was a good portion of this worth.

Personal opinion here, but if I'm taking a non-athleteic QB in today's game, I gotta REALLY like his passing and release.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I agree with him and you. That said, what I said a couple posts up is still equally true.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 am

noles1 wrote:

You and Lead could well be right, I only watched the one game, though he seemed mobile enough in that. Maybe I made the association cuz they look similar. My knowledge of his game is a very small sample size and what I've seen didn't intrigue me enough to bother watching more.
Hikohadon

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah, I think his ceiling is Matt Hasselbeck but I think he's more Trent Dilfer or Gus Frerotte than anything.
noles1

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL