Text Size

No Holds Barred

The Gun Question

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Going to a gun show tomorrow fuckers!

Gonna get me a gat, then i be poppin' caps in yo fools
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6435
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby dem425 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:08 pm

The children in Sandy Hook were killed by handguns, not an "assault weapon".....It is still a tragedy of monumental proportion, but the inaccurate media fuels the radical left like flies on on a turd. BTW, Lanza tried to buy an assault weapon in Conn. before the rampage and was denied. 3-day waiting period is a compromise EVERYONE can live with!

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/ ... 5#50208495
dem425
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Now in Strongsville
Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm

I was disappointed by the gun show. Not nearly as many crazies as I remember.

I was also surprised at the low numbers of revolvers, shotguns and hunting rifles. It was all semi-auto handguns and ridiculous G.I. Joe looking ARs.

Only found one of the guns I was actually looking for, and it was about $50 over retail. I did find a Skoal holster, which was nice. I'm always trying to find a place to put my Skoal.

Could've used some beer there as well.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6435
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 pm

I just picked up one of these (not this exact one):
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11080876/ ... very-scarc

Gonna be a lot of fun to shoot.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:46 am

I am a pretender, a wanna-be still don't own (though I have a monthly at the indoor range). Shot the Glock the first week and the A&K week 2, preferred the Glock 17. However every time I turn around it's something $450 repair for this blasted Jetta my kid drives. Fuckin' German POS, and somewhere in part of my history I am German but fuck their cars. There is this non-stop $500 for this, $250 for that. By the time I can pay cash for a semi-automatic we'll be down to 10-round mags.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Try shooting a Luger.

Actually, take a crack at a Ruger LCR .38 revolver and tell me how it goes.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6435
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:06 am

I am hoping to be the proud owner of a Remington 870 at some point tomorrow, that and a sword.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 am

FUDU wrote:I am hoping to be the proud owner of a Remington 870 at some point tomorrow, that and a sword.


I have an 870 Wingmaster 12-gauge that was the old man's. Actually, I think dem425 probably picked it out for him 35 years ago or so. Great shotgun. I don't have rifled barrel for it but killed my first rabbits and deer with that gun.

Heavy to rabbit hunt with though. Not to mention any shots on rabbit inside 15 yards can get a bit messy ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:31 pm

870 express is a shootin' SOB.

Why the fuck would you get a sword?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6435
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:57 pm

On the odd chance that I catch some hillbillies going to town on any of my gangster friends I want to have some options. If Comanche happens to be playing in the background then so be it.

So the question becomes why wouldn't I want a sword.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:27 pm

The first 2 gun purchases a new owner should make is a Remington 870 and a Ruger 10/.22. I've put ungodly amounts of ammo of different quality through my Ruger and it's never failed to cycle or jammed. And get basic models of of these guns, unless you really like buying accessories.

For a first time pistol, try different makes and models before you buy.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Mission accomplished.

Now I need a trench coat.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Are you guys talking about the 870 "streetsweeper" ?

If so , FU you won't need a sword, just a shopvac.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Ban escalators!!!!!!

http://cbsloc.al/111gmpv

So sick of these things killing people, you guys.

/I might just be bored and trolling.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Escalators don't kill people, people who manufacture loose clothing that can get caught in an escalator kill people. The only thing to prevent a tragedy like this is clearly more escalators.

But the left wing liberal media is going to make a big deal out of this and try to take away my God given right as a 'Merican to ride an escalator. It's nt my fault that some other asshole abuse the privilege. And I'd like to see them try to ome and take Way my escalator.

Last Christmas I got a brand new XTL5200. Hell of a fucking escalator, although I'm a bit disappointed withy the stopping power. This Sumer at the IX center national escalator EXPO I'm thinking of looking into upgrading to the XTM5400. That fucker rules. And if you're a responsible escalator owner and teach your kids proper escalator handling and safety, there should be very little chance of an escalator mishap.

That's just my opinion.

BTW, fuck you Peek for politicizing this right now. Now's not the time. Now is the time for quiet reflection.

Asshole.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Image
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:Ban escalators!!!!!!

http://cbsloc.al/111gmpv

So sick of these things killing people, you guys.

/I might just be bored and trolling.


Wonder what M.A.D.E. - Mothers against drunk escalatin' have to say about this. Guy coulda slowly hit someone else on these ridiculous moving steps.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:13 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Escalators don't kill people, people who manufacture loose clothing that can get caught in an escalator kill people. The only thing to prevent a tragedy like this is clearly more escalators.

But the left wing liberal media is going to make a big deal out of this and try to take away my God given right as a 'Merican to ride an escalator. It's nt my fault that some other asshole abuse the privilege. And I'd like to see them try to ome and take Way my escalator.

Last Christmas I got a brand new XTL5200. Hell of a fucking escalator, although I'm a bit disappointed withy the stopping power. This Sumer at the IX center national escalator EXPO I'm thinking of looking into upgrading to the XTM5400. That fucker rules. And if you're a responsible escalator owner and teach your kids proper escalator handling and safety, there should be very little chance of an escalator mishap.

That's just my opinion.

BTW, fuck you Peek for politicizing this right now. Now's not the time. Now is the time for quiet reflection.

Asshole.


Ban loose clothing!!!!

Ban all clothing!!!!

Only thing then that will caught in a deadly escalator is your crank. And if your crank gets caught in the escalator the rest of us don't want you around anyway.

Get that XTM5400 now while you can!!!!
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:16 pm

leadpipe wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Ban escalators!!!!!!

http://cbsloc.al/111gmpv

So sick of these things killing people, you guys.

/I might just be bored and trolling.


Wonder what M.A.D.E. - Mothers against drunk escalatin' have to say about this. Guy coulda slowly hit someone else on these ridiculous moving steps.


They'd have to shut down Vegas if they banned drunken escalatin'. There's no way "some" people could get from the Excalibur poker room to the Quiznos on Level 2 by taking the stairs and still get back to the table without missing a blind.

NO WAY.

And crossing from Bally's side over to the Caesar's side? Playa please. It'd be human Frogger on LVB if they eliminated those escalators.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:21 pm

This is my next purchase.

Image

I got a tactical red dot sight, tactical suppressor, tactical laser, tactical extended mag, and tactical shotgun under the barrel.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is my next purchase.

Image

I got a tactical red dot sight, tactical suppressor, tactical laser, tactical extended mag, and tactical shotgun under the barrel.


Hey, asshole- this clearly belongs in the Zack Greinke thread.

Has nothing to do with escalators or Las Vegas.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:32 pm

I think it's hilarious that the right screams about how important voter I.D. is, but they oppose more extensive background checks for gun buyers.

(i'm building a gun that fires ballots)
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is my next purchase.

Image

I got a tactical red dot sight, tactical suppressor, tactical laser, tactical extended mag, and tactical shotgun under the barrel.


Hey, asshole- this clearly belongs in the Zack Greinke thread.

Has nothing to do with escalators or Las Vegas.


So the thing I am wondering is, if I got one of these CDT guns and was riding on an escalator could I take out the clavicle of a frog if I at least didn't wear loose clothing? Or is is the challenge to take out Greinke's clavicle with loose fitting clothing?

And will any of that guarantee I get that Laker draft pick?
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 am

dmiles wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is my next purchase.

Image

I got a tactical red dot sight, tactical suppressor, tactical laser, tactical extended mag, and tactical shotgun under the barrel.


Hey, asshole- this clearly belongs in the Zack Greinke thread.

Has nothing to do with escalators or Las Vegas.


So the thing I am wondering is, if I got one of these CDT guns and was riding on an escalator could I take out the clavicle of a frog if I at least didn't wear loose clothing? Or is is the challenge to take out Greinke's clavicle with loose fitting clothing?

And will any of that guarantee I get that Laker draft pick?


Jesus. Try and follow along, huh?

The mission is to take out Greinke's elevator with a frog clavicle.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

A 6-quart pressure cooker was the vessel for the Bostom bombs according to reports.

Clearly going to have to add those to the list with killer elevators, and regulate the shit out of 'em. There's no need for 6-quart pressure cookers. 4-quart pressure cookers should be the max.

Also hoping for more extensive background checks for those looking to buy even a 4-quart Hamilton Beach pressure cooker but especially anyone looking at the 6-quart models.

And any of you guys out there that see an 8-quart or larger pressure cooker might wanna buy that shit asap. Gonna be more valuable when the government finally wises up and puts the ki-bosh on those bad boys.

Sociopaths.

Also, can't they just legislate that such public areas be "No Bomb Zones"? That would just seem to make sense and keep the crazies out.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Knife at college - Zero deaths
Bombs at marathon - 3 deaths
Semi-automatic rifle in a school - 26 deaths

If this same nut job showed up yesterday with a rifle and a 100 rounds of ammo, pretty sure there would be less injured but more dead.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 pm

pup wrote:Knife at college - Zero deaths
Bombs at marathon - 3 deaths
Semi-automatic rifle in a school - 26 deaths

If this same nut job showed up yesterday with a rifle and a 100 rounds of ammo, pretty sure there would be less injured but more dead.


Ahh... I see. So what if said nut job puts the pressure cooker with the ball bearing and nail casserole in a kindergarten closet or under the bleachers at the pep rally?

So only deaths count? Hmm....I guess the 30 people who lost legs will be relieved to hear that.

Yep. Construction industry and housewares departments are gonna be fucked when these instruments of death are removed from the market.

Hoping there's not really ball bearings found. Cuz it's all ball bearings. That'll cripple an economy if it's the case.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 pm

peeker643 wrote:A 6-quart pressure cooker was the vessel for the Bostom bombs according to reports.

Clearly going to have to add those to the list with killer elevators, and regulate the shit out of 'em. There's no need for 6-quart pressure cookers. 4-quart pressure cookers should be the max.

Also hoping for more extensive background checks for those looking to buy even a 4-quart Hamilton Beach pressure cooker but especially anyone looking at the 6-quart models.

And any of you guys out there that see an 8-quart or larger pressure cooker might wanna buy that shit asap. Gonna be more valuable when the government finally wises up and puts the ki-bosh on those bad boys.

Sociopaths.

Also, can't they just legislate that such public areas be "No Bomb Zones"? That would just seem to make sense and keep the crazies out.


I knew some bell-end was going to post something like this here once the media released the explosive devices used. But I have to say I was expecting it to be someone else....
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:37 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:
peeker643 wrote:A 6-quart pressure cooker was the vessel for the Bostom bombs according to reports.

Clearly going to have to add those to the list with killer elevators, and regulate the shit out of 'em. There's no need for 6-quart pressure cookers. 4-quart pressure cookers should be the max.

Also hoping for more extensive background checks for those looking to buy even a 4-quart Hamilton Beach pressure cooker but especially anyone looking at the 6-quart models.

And any of you guys out there that see an 8-quart or larger pressure cooker might wanna buy that shit asap. Gonna be more valuable when the government finally wises up and puts the ki-bosh on those bad boys.

Sociopaths.

Also, can't they just legislate that such public areas be "No Bomb Zones"? That would just seem to make sense and keep the crazies out.


I knew some bell-end was going to post something like this here once the media released the explosive devices used. But I have to say I was expecting it to be someone else....



You can't regulate crazy.

Not a thing you can do. You go ahead and eliminate all the guns and all the pressure cookers and all the whatevers. This shit ain't stopping.

That's the point.

Hate is going to find a way. Now, you want some bright-eyed optimism. There's this from Patton Oswalt:

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 pm

More extensive background checks are fine with me. Limiting the rounds for assault weapon magazines is fine with me. You can pass all those laws, but you know what? There are already MILLIONS of hi-cap magazines out there in this country, legally owned, and you fuckers never ever address what you would do about those.

But hey, pass those laws. If it makes you feel safer. That's what it's really about.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:More extensive background checks are fine with me. Limiting the rounds for assault weapon magazines is fine with me. You can pass all those laws, but you know what? There are already MILLIONS of hi-cap magazines out there in this country, legally owned, and you fuckers never ever address what you would do about those.

But hey, pass those laws. If it makes you feel safer. That's what it's really about.


It ain't what we would do with them. It is what would you do with them. I would call for everyone currently legally possesing one to turn it into the military. Since i know your answer to that, no need to type. Just know, you will then no longer be able to call yourself a responsible, legal, gun owner. Since that is what it is really about.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:46 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:Knife at college - Zero deaths
Bombs at marathon - 3 deaths
Semi-automatic rifle in a school - 26 deaths

If this same nut job showed up yesterday with a rifle and a 100 rounds of ammo, pretty sure there would be less injured but more dead.


Ahh... I see. So what if said nut job puts the pressure cooker with the ball bearing and nail casserole in a kindergarten closet or under the bleachers at the pep rally?

So only deaths count? Hmm....I guess the 30 people who lost legs will be relieved to hear that.

Yep. Construction industry and housewares departments are gonna be fucked when these instruments of death are removed from the market.

Hoping there's not really ball bearings found. Cuz it's all ball bearings. That'll cripple an economy if it's the case.


That is the point. He did put it under the bleachers at a pep rally. Twice.

Ask the people that lost limbs. Would you rather be dead?

I don't care about the gun laws. I think you guys should be able to keep most of what you have. But the ridiculousness of these ban pressue cooker type posts is just that. So i responded. Shoot me.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 pm

pup wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:More extensive background checks are fine with me. Limiting the rounds for assault weapon magazines is fine with me. You can pass all those laws, but you know what? There are already MILLIONS of hi-cap magazines out there in this country, legally owned, and you fuckers never ever address what you would do about those.

But hey, pass those laws. If it makes you feel safer. That's what it's really about.


It ain't what we would do with them. It is what would you do with them. I would call for everyone currently legally possesing one to turn it into the military. Since i know your answer to that, no need to type. Just know, you will then no longer be able to call yourself a responsible, legal, gun owner. Since that is what it is really about.



Sure I can.. I bought them legally, and have never used them in any illegal or irresponsible way. But that's acceptable I guess, making criminals of people who did everything the legal way with the stroke of a pen.

As for my magazines, you pass a law that bans them, I'll get rid of them, no problem, just pay me.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 am

No shit it's ridiculous.

As ridiculous and as likely as the 'ban anything else' posts. That's the point.

And quit being obtuse. That fucking nut case puts those things anywhere else other than where there are literally dozens of trained fucking medical professionals en masse under aid tents and with equipment and ambulances on site 50 yards away and those fatality numbers are increased significantly.

If that's the same to you as putting it under the stands ata high school assembly then that says as much as anything you're actually writing.

But shape it as you need to fit your agenda. We're all good at that.


pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:Knife at college - Zero deaths
Bombs at marathon - 3 deaths
Semi-automatic rifle in a school - 26 deaths

If this same nut job showed up yesterday with a rifle and a 100 rounds of ammo, pretty sure there would be less injured but more dead.


Ahh... I see. So what if said nut job puts the pressure cooker with the ball bearing and nail casserole in a kindergarten closet or under the bleachers at the pep rally?

So only deaths count? Hmm....I guess the 30 people who lost legs will be relieved to hear that.

Yep. Construction industry and housewares departments are gonna be fucked when these instruments of death are removed from the market.

Hoping there's not really ball bearings found. Cuz it's all ball bearings. That'll cripple an economy if it's the case.


That is the point. He did put it under the bleachers at a pep rally. Twice.

Ask the people that lost limbs. Would you rather be dead?

I don't care about the gun laws. I think you guys should be able to keep most of what you have. But the ridiculousness of these ban pressue cooker type posts is just that. So i responded. Shoot me.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:28 pm

According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:05 pm

motherscratcher wrote:http://gawker.com/5995084/heres-the-anheuser+busch-beer-heirs-letter-of-resignation-from-the-nra

I guess it's Miller Lite at NRA meetings from here on out.


WRONG, Dipshit!

We Stroh ourselves a party at every meeting.

FIRE brewed.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:http://gawker.com/5995084/heres-the-anheuser+busch-beer-heirs-letter-of-resignation-from-the-nra

I guess it's Miller Lite at NRA meetings from here on out.


WRONG, Dipshit!

We Stroh ourselves a party at every meeting.

FIRE brewed.


With summer coming up you should put slices of lime in there and make it a Storohna party.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:28 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:http://gawker.com/5995084/heres-the-anheuser+busch-beer-heirs-letter-of-resignation-from-the-nra

I guess it's Miller Lite at NRA meetings from here on out.


WRONG, Dipshit!

We Stroh ourselves a party at every meeting.

FIRE brewed.


With summer coming up you should put slices of lime in there and make it a Storohna party.


Why don't you go out and climb in that fridge you mentioned elsewhere? I baited it with a Zima so you know you can't resist.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:30 pm

I look down on you because you do not own a Winchester rifle..... and because i'm tall.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Bomb goes off in a public street, blame the bomber.

Shooting in a school, blame the gun.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 pm

FUDU wrote:Bomb goes off in a public street, blame the bomber.

Shooting in a school, blame the gun.



That's just dumb.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:58 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:Bomb goes off in a public street, blame the bomber.

Shooting in a school, blame the gun.



That's just dumb.


/Zima in the backyard fridge...Zima in the backyard fridge...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:Bomb goes off in a public street, blame the bomber.

Shooting in a school, blame the gun.



That's just dumb.


But it is the essential logic of opponents of our "gun culture".

Which there is no such thing frankly.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Have you ever been to a gun show?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Have you ever been to a gun show?


Me, just two. Walked around for about an hour each time.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:07 pm

The fact there's a gun show.....means there's a gun culture.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The fact there's a gun show.....means there's a gun culture.


No.

We have a culture that has allowed some very displeasing aspects of life to get out of balance. Guns are just a part of that.

If we had a gun culture then taking guns away, even as proposed recently, would solve that problem. We all know that taking guns away, even as proposed, doesn't solve that problem.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Have you ever been to a gun show?


Most fascinating cross section of humanity you're ever likely to find under one roof. And I say that quite sincerely.

There or a Vegas casino would be the top two choices from my experiences.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22634
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Have you ever been to a gun show?


Most fascinating cross section of humanity you're ever likely to find under one roof. And I say that quite sincerely.

There or a Vegas casino would be the top two choices from my experiences.


That's what I took away from my two visits, it was suggested I go just for that experience, as I didn't even touch a gun.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:25 pm

FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The fact there's a gun show.....means there's a gun culture.


No.

We have a culture that has allowed some very displeasing aspects of life to get out of balance. Guns are just a part of that.

If we had a gun culture then taking guns away, even as proposed recently, would solve that problem. We all know that taking guns away, even as proposed, doesn't solve that problem.


You're seriously going to say there's no gun culture in US?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest