Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Good for Greinke

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Good for Greinke

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:58 am

Forgive me, but I love potentially the biggest douchebag in baseball not named Pierzynski end up on his ass and with a broken wing after being thrown around by Carlos Quentin.

Innocuous pitch (3-2 pitch, btw that was in no way intentional) that didn't warrant the activity it brought, but ther's a history there and after Kyle Farnsworth, about the one guy you don't fuck with in baseball is Quentin.

Greinke is an asshole of the highest quality. Always has been. His own teammates can't stand him.

He reaps what he swes in this case.

Be good for Carrasco to get the shit kicked out of him and something fractured. Maybe that would wake him up and mature him too. If not at least it'd be karma taking a bite out of his ass.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Good for Greinke

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 am

Maybe we can trade Carrasco to the Dodgers so he can "slip" the next time they play the Padres and Quentin's up.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 am

peeker643 wrote:Forgive me, but I love potentially the biggest douchebag in baseball not named Pierzynski end up on his ass and with a broken wing after being thrown around by Carlos Quentin.

Innocuous pitch (3-2 pitch, btw that was in no way intentional) that didn't warrant the activity it brought, but ther's a history there and after Kyle Farnsworth, about the one guy you don't fuck with in baseball is Quentin.

Greinke is an asshole of the highest quality. Always has been. His own teammates can't stand him.

Be good for Carrasco to get the shit kicked out of him and something fractured. Maybe that would wake him up and mature him too. If not at least it'd be karma taking a bite out of his ass.

Pretty harsh on a dude with a diagnosed mental disorder. Not necessarily defending him because I don't know that much about his situation, but the guy has struggled with anxiety disorders in the past.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:56 am

gotribe31 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Forgive me, but I love potentially the biggest douchebag in baseball not named Pierzynski end up on his ass and with a broken wing after being thrown around by Carlos Quentin.

Pretty harsh on a dude with a diagnosed mental disorder. Not necessarily defending him because I don't know that much about his situation, but the guy has struggled with anxiety disorders in the past.

He's a fucking asshole.

Mental disorder schmental disorder. They're not mutually exclusive.

And ya know what, if you have debilitating mental disorder that prevents you from being accountable and being a decent teammate and a decent guy in the clubhouse then get the fuck outta baseball and take care of yourself.

There are dozens and dozens of players in the game with anxiety diosrders who arent dickheads and who don't publicize their issues or use them as an excuse.

Dozens.

Zack greinke is a douchebag just like Carlos Carrasco is a douchebag. Nothing to do with zanex.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 am

Not doubting you, Peek. And I was aware of the anxiety thing. But I didn't know he was considered such a huge asshole. I always thout he was just kind of a quiet loner type of guy.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 am

Of course when a pitch gets away the guy throwing it deserves a fractured collarbone because some guy who stands on top of the plate thinks he is throwing at him.

Carlos Quentin should be out as many games as Zach. Or wait a week and he will pop a hammy and spend that time on the DL anyway. You want to stop leading the league in getting plunked, get the fuck off the plate.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:32 am

I hate pitchers. I think they're the most overpaid pussies in pro sports But I don't think he was throwing at him, not in that situation. Maybe Greinke was running his mouth, but I don't think Carlos should have charged him.

The baseball "fight" is the biggest joke ever. One guy runs out, they all group up and jabber jaw at each other. The best part is when the bullpens empty and those fucking losers show up on the scene like they're gonna do anything. Too afraid they might break a nail.

Him having Anxiety Disorder doesn't necessarily explain anything.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:37 am

motherscratcher wrote:Not doubting you, Peek. And I was aware of the anxiety thing. But I didn't know he was considered such a huge asshole. I always thout he was just kind of a quiet loner type of guy.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/n ... fresh=true

2. He's got to alter the perception that he can be a troublesome clubhouse presence, a reputation he earned in his years with the Royals. A lot of teammates there thought he was not invested in the rest of them. There are already some teams who won't consider Greinke because of the uneven nature of his exit from Kansas City.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=520716

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/stor ... ms-anxiety

So Greinke says anxiety issues under control for some time, Carlos Quentin has never charged the mound despite being hit 115 times, timid ESPN analysts like Olney basically say the guy is an asshole and disliked and I'm supposed to feel a twinge of sympathy or empathy for the guy?

I don't.

Well known dickhead and shitbag teammate. There are plenty of them in all walks of life, probably some who have worse issues than Greinke and far fewer people helping them past them.

Fuck him and his collar bone. Enjoy the 8 weeks off, dickhead.

:salute:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:41 am

I told you guys he wasn't going to change.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 am

pup wrote:Of course when a pitch gets away the guy throwing it deserves a fractured collarbone because some guy who stands on top of the plate thinks he is throwing at him.

Carlos Quentin should be out as many games as Zach. Or wait a week and he will pop a hammy and spend that time on the DL anyway. You want to stop leading the league in getting plunked, get the fuck off the plate.

:clap:

ESPN was showing some past footage of Quentin getting plunked. A few of these pitches that he's been hit with may have been strikes! Some of these incidents would be prevented if a few umpires would kindly ask the Carlos Quentins of the world to remain in the batter's box after being plunked, and simply call a ball. That will back them off the plate real fast.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The baseball "fight" is the biggest joke ever. One guy runs out, they all group up and jabber jaw at each other. The best part is when the bullpens empty and those fucking losers show up on the scene like they're gonna do anything. Too afraid they might break a nail.

Him having Anxiety Disorder doesn't necessarily explain anything.

Again, there's a history between the two of them. Third time Greinke has hit Quentin and last two shoulder or head high.

Quentin has been hit over 100 times and has always handled it well.

And yeah, with 90% of the guys that get hit otr throw the pitch, they want nothing to do with the actual fight afterward. But guys like Kyle Farnsworth and Carlos Quentin are the exception to that rule.

Greinke hit the wrong fucking guy for the third time and probably mouthed off in the process. He undersetimated the potential reaction and consequences.

Now he can go fuck himself ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 am

pup wrote:Of course when a pitch gets away the guy throwing it deserves a fractured collarbone because some guy who stands on top of the plate thinks he is throwing at him.

Thought the same thing the other night when noted plate crowder Kevin Youkilis got hit. ;-) ;) :wink:

I don't think Greinke meant to hit him. If he did he's dumber than I think he is. But I'm fine with the results.

Karmic justice.

And I'll be fine when something similar happens to Carrasco. He'll have earned and deserved whatever it is he gets too.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:56 am

No idea whether or not Greinke is a dick..... he probably is..... he's rich and lives in LA - isn't that sort of an obligation?

But, Quentin is completely Bush League with that move..... they've got history because he hit you with a pitch 4 years ago?! Bull shit.

Fuckin tool!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:59 am

Once more: this isn't about the pitch, the intent, the guy getting hit, his propensity for diving into a pitch and getting hit 100+ times.

It's about a guy who's been hit that often and never charging the mound being sick of a noted asshole who runs his mouth, is a dickhead and poorly regarded teammate and who ran his mouth about other guys and other teams getting what he's earned.

I don't care about anything else other than rich irony of that d-bag finally getting his crank caught in his zipper.

In a vacuum it's a shitty move by Quentin. If you think it happened in a vacuum you're a fool. This was a lifetime achievement award.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 am

Let me put it like this: if e0y2e3 mistakenly got punched in the face by some misinformed Eastern Eurpoean ex-boyfriend, whether e0y2e3 was guilty of a transgression or not, I'd find that funny in a karmic justice sort of way too. :lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:27 am

Official Dodgers Twitter Feed

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/322586892111593472

Good stuff.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:29 am

You're very hostile today. I think you should do some drugs. Nothing speedy.... my god, you might go mad and destroy the whole city. No, no, you need some heroin.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am

Based on what I saw in the activity feed on my Facebook, McPeek's day has consisted entirely of the Greinke rant and wanting to hit a duck in his garage that is sitting on eggs over the head with a broom until it leaves.

What's with all the rage today, man?

Maybe you need some of Greinke's meds.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:40 am

I stopped reading the thread after this because nothing else needed to be said.

But I'll add something anyway. I was taught in baseball that rule number 1 was don't disrespect the game, and number 2 was never put yourself above the team. Quintin did both last night. It's a 3-2 pitch in a close ball game. Shut the fuck up and take your base.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 am

skatingtripods wrote:Based on what I saw in the activity feed on my Facebook, McPeek's day has consisted entirely of the Greinke rant and wanting to hit a duck in his garage that is sitting on eggs over the head with a broom until it leaves.

What's with all the rage today, man?

Maybe you need some of Greinke's meds.

Those ducks are a menace. They shit like rabbits but looser.

Lisa feeds and shelters the damn things and then wonders why they set up incubation beds in the GD garage.

I'm not anti-duck, per se. I'm more anti-duck in my garage. My house is a haven for every stray in the neighborhood whether they be kids, cats or waterfowl.

And I live with one woman, two post-pubescent teen girls and another 12 yr old daughter who all have their mother's sense of decency and compassion. It's an untenable situation.

On top of that I work for a multi-billion dollar company that can't see fit to evolve past Windows 6.o, can't provide a cell signal in the part of the building here I work, can't provide a wi-fi signal in the part of the building where I work and my escape from work this week was spoiled by Ubaldo Jimenez and two days of rain.

I'm a race car on red, Jules.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:45 am

I'll trade you 4,000 frogs/toads for that duck.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am

neoleo wrote:

I stopped reading the thread after this because nothing else needed to be said.

But I'll add something anyway. I was taught in baseball that rule number 1 was don't disrespect the game, and number 2 was never put yourself above the team. Quintin did both last night. It's a 3-2 pitch in a close ball game. Shut the fuck up and take your base.

Greinke's done 1 and 2 his entire career.

I hope he has a coughing and sneezing attack all weekend.

I've broken the same collarbone twice. It's miserable. 6-8 weeks of misery. Unless there's non-union which would make it far worse. Hoping Greinke enjoys each day. Also looking forward to the LA-SD series starting Monday. :pop:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:51 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'll trade you 4,000 frogs/toads for that duck.

One duck would be tolerable. But there are a dozen at least. Wild ones and domesticated ones that some jagoff neighbor let's have the run of the neighborhood. And there's one stupid goose that was abandoned by its smart flock and hangs out with the ducks and thinks it's a duck.

It's like an animal version of an integrated biker gang.

It's unnatural, man. And I have 4,000 frogs in the pond right behind the house that the GD ducks use. I don't need any of those noisy frogs. There are frogs down there as big a round as frisbees.

I'm seriously contemplating importing hyenas, jackals and coyotes to control the duck and stray cat population.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:00 pm

I think they're toads. Which is a bummer, I could have made a gig in like 5 minutes and had fried frog's legs and quiet nights. It'll get worse as it gets warmer, but i'll get used to it by June.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I think they're toads. Which is a bummer, I could have made a gig in like 5 minutes and had fried frog's legs and quiet nights. It'll get worse as it gets warmer, but i'll get used to it by June.

Frogs live nearer water, have a slimy appearance and have higher, raised eyes.

Easiest way to tell difference is to bite one. Toads have a more bitter taste. So get to catchin' and gnawin'.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby 1Perry » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm

It appears that Grienke likely did say something to Quentin. I wonder what it was?
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:Those ducks are a menace. They shit like rabbits but looser.

Lisa feeds and shelters the damn things and then wonders why they set up incubation beds in the GD garage.

I'm not anti-duck, per se. I'm more anti-duck in my garage. My house is a haven for every stray in the neighborhood whether they be kids, cats or waterfowl.

Had a pet duck at my parents' house from 2nd or 3rd grade until my junior year of college. One of the yellow ones. My grade school parish had one of those money-grabbing carnivals and they had duck races, where they put the ducks in this enclosed "lane", with a mirror at the end that they were supposed to run towards. I was a degenerate gambler from a young age.

Anyway, they raffled off six pairs of ducks. I won two ducks. One died very shortly after we got it because it tried to jump out of the plastic pool we were keeping it in and it broke its neck. The other lived a good long life before a neighborhood hawk or something tore it to pieces.

Shook my mom up real bad.

But, FWIW, I'm on Lisa and the girls' side. I've got a giant soft spot for animals of all kinds. I get it from my sister, who apparently brought home a different animal every week when she was little.

Back on topic: Greinke's a douche.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes, I know how tell a frog and a toad apart by looks. It was probably a alien monster that likes to eat the skin of people who go into the woods to investigate strange noises. So fuck you, Jack Hannah.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 pm

1Perry wrote:It appears that Grienke likely did say something to Quentin. I wonder what it was?

This has nothing to do with ducks or frogs. WTF?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby comish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:19 pm

peeker643 wrote:

One duck would be tolerable. But there are a dozen at least. Wild ones and domesticated ones that some jagoff neighbor let's have the run of the neighborhood. And there's one stupid goose that was abandoned by its smart flock and hangs out with the ducks and thinks it's a duck.

It's unnatural, man. And I have 4,000 frogs in the pond right behind the house that the GD ducks use. I don't need any of those noisy frogs. There are frogs down there as big a round as frisbees.

I'm seriously contemplating importing hyenas, jackals and coyotes to control the duck and stray cat population.

Honestly becoming one of my favorite threads.....EVER.....just imagining you on a low simmer will keep me smiling the rest of the day no matter what the Bieber loving 10 year olds throw at me

:lmfao: :lmfao: :pop:

Ps.....badgers might be best.....they seem to take a Gregor Clegane attitude towards all life forms
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:37 pm

I think you're right about the badger. Far heartier in regard to cold weather climates. Maybe a badger and a wolverine?

Although having any type of wolverine near me would be worse than the ducks running amok.

If all else fails I will head out to Ashtabula county and bait a a trap with meth. Maybe catch & import a crank addict for a weekend. Those eggs and ducks will be gone by Monday.

comish wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Honestly becoming one of my favorite threads.....EVER.....just imagining you on a low simmer will keep me smiling the rest of the day no matter what the Bieber loving 10 year olds throw at me

:lmfao: :lmfao: :pop:

Ps.....badgers might be best.....they seem to take a Gregor Clegane attitude towards all life forms

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Badgers and wolverines are related, they're both essentially big weasels.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Badgers and wolverines are related, they're both essentially big weasels.

We've come full-circle with big weasels leading us back to Zack Greinke.

You're welcome, thread.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby 1Perry » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
1Perry wrote:It appears that Grienke likely did say something to Quentin. I wonder what it was?

Might not have happened if Quentin had ducked.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 pm

1Perry wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Might not have happened if Quentin had ducked.

^^^
Outstanding.

Well done, sir :thumb up:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Based on Josh Tomlin's Twitter, if you want to get rid of ducks, he's the guy to call.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:33 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Based on Josh Tomlin's Twitter, if you want to get rid of ducks, he's the guy to call.

I can get rid of them in five minutes with a broom handle or golf club. No need to shoot up the place. But then 4 female humans would be dispatching me with those same instruments.

Thinking maybe a Sugardale Dollar Duck Night would solve the probelm?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 pm

What did Grienke say? Probably something along the lines of be happy I put you base, because if you had to run to 1B you would be DL bound.

Or he told him to shut the fuck up.

And stop comparing Carasco with Grienke. One is at least smart enough to hit a guy on purpose in a situation that will make everyone say it can't be intentional.

3-2 in a tight game? 2 outs? Great time to buzz someone.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:Based on Josh Tomlin's Twitter, if you want to get rid of ducks, he's the guy to call.

I can get rid of them in five minutes with a broom handle or golf club. No need to shoot up the place. But then 4 female humans would be dispatching me with those same instruments.

Thinking maybe a Sugardale Dollar Duck Night would solve the probelm?

There's probably already duck in those dollar hot dogs. Along with emu, pork, lamb, and meerkat.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm

pup wrote:What did Grienke say? Probably something along the lines of be happy I put you base, because if you had to run to 1B you would be DL bound.

Or he told him to shut the fuck up.

And stop comparing Carasco with Grienke. One is at least smart enough to hit a guy on purpose in a situation that will make everyone say it can't be intentional.

3-2 in a tight game? 2 outs? Great time to buzz someone.

He said "Fuck You" after he hit him with a pitch.

That's all it took.

Don't care about Quentin. Coulda been any guy in the league and I'd still LOL at the douchebag breaking bones and done for a few months.

Let's call it even for all the gutless fucks in the AL who don't get to come to the plate and face the music themselves.

And the fact that Quentin is a human bullseye doesn't help with your arguments about crowding the plate and leaning into a pitch. He gets hit all the time. Different issue. When's the last time he went after a guy he got hit by?

You think it was chance or coincidence that it was this asshole he felt compelled to go out and break?

It wasn't.

I like seeing assholes on the receiving end at some point. And even as an Indians fan I think it's time for someone to go out and break Carrasco's jaw. Let the gutless fuck sip his steaks through a straw for a couple months and see if he learns humility and respect for the game.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Greinke hits him on the first pitch of his first AB, OK, sure, go get him. 3-2 with 2 outs in a one run game. C'mon. Quentin took a step toward the mound before Greinke said anything. CQ is as much to blame in all of this. All that crystal-lined douche-bag had to do was walk to first. Couldn't do it. Makes him a bit of an asshole, too, history or not. All Greinke had to do is look at him wrong and he's charging the mound. Both players need to grow up.

Baseball is full of assholes, Brian. Why do you think Greinke is any better or worse? Cleveland had the biggest Class-A asshole in all of baseball in Belle. Selfish as the day is long. So what?
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm

My house is positively inundated with ducks and frogs. Sneaky little bastards. They're always running under couches and beds right before you can see them. I hear them all of the time, though.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:Greinke hits him on the first pitch of his first AB, OK, sure, go get him. 3-2 with 2 outs in a one run game. C'mon. Quentin took a step toward the mound before Greinke said anything. CQ is as much to blame in all of this. All that crystal-lined douche-bag had to do was walk to first. Couldn't do it. Makes him a bit of an asshole, too, history or not. All Greinke had to do is look at him wrong and he's charging the mound. Both players need to grow up.

Baseball is full of assholes, Brian. Why do you think Greinke is any better or worse? Cleveland had the biggest Class-A asshole in all of baseball in Belle. Selfish as the day is long. So what?

It's fine to be an asshole. Especially a talented asshole. But don't expect me not to smile when an asshole has it catch up to him. Nowhere here did I say Quentin isn't an asshole.

But there's clearly something else between him and Greinke, at least in his mind. Something that caused him to go out and get Greinke when all other times he was fine getting hit and going to first base.

I'm an equal opportunity asshole hata. Belle had a bite taken out of his ass (and hip) by karma. Won't see me crying about it even though he was a ridiculously talented Indian.

Won't see me crying when Carrasco ultimately gets his too. And he will.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:02 pm

We've got our own Zach Greinke in Trevor Bauer. At least the annoying your teammates/ quirkiness parts.

Anyways, I'm with peeker here, (along with most of his ex-mates in KC and Anaheim) don't really care what onus Quentin has in all this, just glad about the biggest douch in the sport got put on the shelf.

I see far too many good things happen in sports to far too many assholes. Glad to see something bad happen to an asshole.

Have a good weekend everyone!!
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:30 pm

A) Greinke is the biggest douche in the sport? Has there been an anonymous Sports Illustrated players survey to corroborate this? Not taking a shot at you, LP. I just really want to know who is. I'd vote for C.B. Bucknor. Him or Joe Buck.

B) Peek, you have ducks living in your garage? How does that happen? I'm pissed that I have rabbits under my shed. Actually it doesn't bother me all that much other than the fact that my dog loves to eat the rabbit shit that is left in the backyard.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby 7foot3 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Not doubting you, Peek. And I was aware of the anxiety thing. But I didn't know he was considered such a huge asshole. I always thout he was just kind of a quiet loner type of guy.

2. He's got to alter the perception that he can be a troublesome clubhouse presence, a reputation he earned in his years with the Royals. A lot of teammates there thought he was not invested in the rest of them. There are already some teams who won't consider Greinke because of the uneven nature of his exit from Kansas City.

So Greinke says anxiety issues under control for some time, Carlos Quentin has never charged the mound despite being hit 115 times, timid ESPN analysts like Olney basically say the guy is an asshole and disliked and I'm supposed to feel a twinge of sympathy or empathy for the guy?

I don't.

Well known dickhead and shitbag teammate. There are plenty of them in all walks of life, probably some who have worse issues than Greinke and far fewer people helping them past them.

I'm not sure how anything here suggests he's an asshole. He's got a reputation that he's not invested in the rest of the team. That suggests that he's, like motherscratcher said, a quiet, loner type of guy. The other link is him saying he doesn't like a guy on a big rival who runs his mouth. That's "man landed on the moon!" stuff.

As far as Quentin finally charging the mound meaning anything, all it means is that Quentin snapped. Nothing else. Are we supposed to believe that there was any logic behind his thought "this is the guy that deserves a broken bone"? There was none, and it couldn't be any more obvious.
My avatar is a reflection of Peeker's maturity and self-confidence.
7foot3
Zack Greinke of the Boards

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Subjective I suppose, however, when you openly admit your interest waned at the end of a season, you piss and moan your way out of town because of a four year contract YOU signed. When you rob that team from any leverage by going public as a "screw you" to a team that made you a multi-millionaire, along with the fractured interactions with mates mentioned above, well, I'd say that the rumors of many a Royal feeling the guy is an asshole are pretty valid. (And I don't think I've ever heard Billy Butler say anything, let alone anything negative, but he sure didn't hold his tounge talking about how much better the atmosphere on the team was once they got him the hell away)

When you go to the Brewers, with the reputation of keeping away from teammates, and then say to a reporter right from the jump, "I haven't seen anyone who's annoying to me yet." You can go ahead and assume he aquired some more guys that think he's an asshole from his short stint there.

Guys that are stand-offish, think they are better than everyone, and let teammates down on the field because of their own personal issues and mistakes....these guys don't draw much admiration.

So, no, not everyone in the world thinks Zach Grienke is an asshole, but it ain't that hard to find that more people think he's an asshole than the average player.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:30 am

7foot3 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I don't.

I'm not sure how anything here suggests he's an asshole. He's got a reputation that he's not invested in the rest of the team. That suggests that he's, like motherscratcher said, a quiet, loner type of guy. The other link is him saying he doesn't like a guy on a big rival who runs his mouth. That's "man landed on the moon!" stuff.

As far as Quentin finally charging the mound meaning anything, all it means is that Quentin snapped. Nothing else. Are we supposed to believe that there was any logic behind his thought "this is the guy that deserves a broken bone"? There was none, and it couldn't be any more obvious.

I don't care what you believe. And as usual, you're running down a different path in an effort to be argumentative. Or maybe it's not requiring much effort. Not sure.

A guy not invested in his team but who has the time to comment on another player and another one is an asshole in my book.

I'm glad Greinke got rushed and damaged. It's amusing to me.

Clear enough??

Because in listening to players around the league talk, guys I respect like Konerko who plainly stated this was a cumulative response to one moment in a game (who, in the interest of accuracy is a Quentin ex-teammate) which makes it look like Quentin is crazy and guys like this who are actually around the game:

Andy Barkett ‏@baseballpros 19h
If a P hits a batter with a 90+mph FB. Then pops off to him after he is agitated, u've asked to fight & share responsibility for incident.

....as opposed to...well...you, I'll go with those guys and what I know from being around these players as well.

YMMV- But I don't care.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:43 am

idoctribefan wrote:A) Greinke is the biggest douche in the sport? Has there been an anonymous Sports Illustrated players survey to corroborate this? Not taking a shot at you, LP. I just really want to know who is. I'd vote for C.B. Bucknor. Him or Joe Buck.

B) Peek, you have ducks living in your garage? How does that happen? I'm pissed that I have rabbits under my shed. Actually it doesn't bother me all that much other than the fact that my dog loves to eat the rabbit shit that is left in the backyard.

I have A Duck "living" in my garage. Other ducks do occasionally visit but have not been afforded accommodations by the wife and kids. Not yet anyway.

They live by the pond. One winter, a very cold and difficult winter, Lisa threw them food (dry cat food, to be precise) to get them through that winter. Those couple ducks began following her. Now there's a parade of ducks that trail my wife whenever she goes outside. She's like Snow Fucking White.

I think this one duck correctly assumed that safe harbor was inferred with the food and now she's taking advantage.

This is her (eggs are under her but I don't hold out much hope for those surviving):

This is a friend that stopped by a few minutes ago to check on her??

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:47 am

The Duck gang that haunts me. Yes, my father in law backed over one back in January. It happens.

(note the goose that thinks it's a duck if you look toward front license plate)

peeker643
Duly Noted

Next

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB