Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Today's dinner

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Today's dinner

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:48 pm

Yesterday I cooked a 2 pound blade chuck roast in the crock pot all day, in some Spicy V8 with green peppers and onions. That made great shredded beef sandwiches for dinner yesterday, but the leftovers, put into flour tortillas, made killer burritos today. The leftover shredded beef, fresh grated colby jack cheese, fresh cilantro, and hot sauce was a killer combination.

Note: I got the inspiration for the leftovers from my Mexican neighbors, who grab the cheapest roast they can find and boil it, shred it, and serve the shredded beef on tortillas with fresh cilantro, fresh chopped onions, and a homemade superhot salsa. It's to die for.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby swerb » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Damn that sounds good JD ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 pm

California Burrito found here in Encinitas at my favorite local dive Mexican taco stand.

Shredded Beef
Cheese (the mexican mixed shredded you typically see)
Sour Cream
Ripple Cut French Fries (Huh?)
Amazingly good hot sauce. When the owner isn't looking I pump out about 12 extra containers for my eggs all week. Wish he'd sell the stuff.

Not sure if I have all the ingredients right but this thing is so damn good. Only place out here that reminds of my favorite local cheap spot in Warren, the Hot Dog Shop, where I could feed the family for about 18 Bucks.

Apparently it's something native to San Diego, but tastes a lot better than damn fish tacos and sounds like you can make them at home.

http://media.www.thedailyaztec.com/media/storage/paper741/news/2004/10/07/Tempo/A.Quest.To.Find.Californias.Finest.Burrito.In.San.Diego-828254.shtml
dmiles

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry