Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Game of Thrones

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 pm

That poor bastard had his nipple cut off....

Cool first episode. It had to jump around a lot to cover the main players, but all the story lines are very interesting. The only people we didn't see were Briene, Jamie, Theon, and Arrya.

Loved the return of Barristan Selmy and seeing a giant.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:20 pm

That giant was very cool. Scene setting first episode. Love the midget's bodyguard, that guy is great.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That poor bastard had his nipple cut off....

Cool first episode. It had to jump around a lot to cover the main players, but all the story lines are very interesting. The only people we didn't see were Briene, Jamie, Theon, and Arrya.

Loved the return of Barristan Selmy and seeing a giant.

The return of Barristan is awesome. Was even cooler in the books. Wish they'd kept that scene in.

Giant was cool. Dragons looked pretty good. Like you said, a lot of jumping around to cover the players as they're pretty scattered to the wind right now.

Would be interested to hear where some of you guys who only watch the show think things are going as it stands right now.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:00 pm

The "Warming Glow" TV Blog GIFfed Bronn with his face right in the whore's snatch and referred to him as "The Vagina Whisperer."

I think I'd watch that show as well.

Excellent first episode, looking forward to the next nine Sundays.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Bronn and Tyrion are awesome.

I'm only like 100 pages into the second book, but the show is too good to wait for my non-reading ass to catch up.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 am

I found the first episode rather uneventful, but not a big deal since I know what's coming. It could've been an hour of black and I'd still be watching episode 2.

Despite nothing of great import occurring, that hour-ish episode still seemed to last about 20 minutes. I've never seen a show go by so damn quickly.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:56 am

Hikohadon wrote:I found the first episode rather uneventful, but not a big deal since I know what's coming. It could've been an hour of black and I'd still be watching episode 2.

Despite nothing of great import occurring, that hour-ish episode still seemed to last about 20 minutes. I've never seen a show go by so damn quickly.

I find myself checking the clock and going..."Aw man!...there's only 15 minutes left."
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:59 am

HBO already re-upped it for a fourth season, not like there really was a question about it, though. That will finish off Book 3.

The next question is how they will tackle the Book 4/Book 5 problems when it comes to which characters were in which books since Martin split everything up. I can guarantee you won't see characters disappear entirely for a season, although Jamie was barely in season 2.
justmebd

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:18 am

Hikohadon wrote:I found the first episode rather uneventful, but not a big deal since I know what's coming. It could've been an hour of black and I'd still be watching episode 2.

Uneventful... What do you call the return of Sir Barristan? I thought that was pretty eventful, and the dialogue in the scene between Tyron , and Lord Tyrell was great, I am not saying it was the best episode , or the most exciting , but if your saying it was uneventful I cant wait to see whats coming.

Sidenote: How would people rank this episode with the other two season premieres? I think it was better then last years, but I am not sure its better then the pilot. Though I don't remember being fully taken in by the pilot , it wasn't until the second or third episode that I became addicted.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 am

justmebd wrote:HBO already re-upped it for a fourth season, not like there really was a question about it, though. That will finish off Book 3.

The next question is how they will tackle the Book 4/Book 5 problems when it comes to which characters were in which books since Martin split everything up. I can guarantee you won't see characters disappear entirely for a season, although Jamie was barely in season 2.

I imagine they'll do it like many of us actually read the books which was both of them at once and going back and forth so that the timing is concurrent.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:13 am

I'm glad I haven't read the books. Being a bookish person, I often will have a preconceived notion that the book is always right.

If the people who run Slaver's Bay sell Dany 8,000 Unsullied warriors, what's to stop her from turning them on their former masters? She's already shown contempt for their practices. Or maybe she takes Qarth and destroys the warlocks after their assassination attempt.

If a White Walker kills a giant, would it comeback to life like the people they kill?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:If a White Walker kills a giant, would it comeback to life like the people they kill?

Yes. Anything a White Walker kills comes back as a wight, be it human or animal. Remember how the WW in the Season 2 finale was riding a dead horse? In the books some of them ride dead horses, some ride dead mammoths, while some ride giant ice spiders. Not sure if the latter are also dead though. Pretty sure we won't see mammoths or ice spiders in the show, not enough $$$ for that much CGI.

As a reader of both the Harry Potter and Hunger Games series I learned long ago to not compare the films to the books. They simply can't include everything, changes are necessary as certain things work in books that don't on screen and vice versa. Plus, there are budget and time constraints in the visual medium. So I try to enjoy both as separate entities. Besides, sometimes it's nice to not just have an exact illustrated flip-book of the novels. Gives some freshness and surprise to a story I already know.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:49 pm

There better be ice spiders.... HBO has tons of CGI dollars.

As a reader of both the Harry Potter and Hunger Games series I learned long ago to not compare the films to the books. They simply can't include everything, changes are necessary as certain things work in books that don't on screen and vice versa. Plus, there are budget and time constraints in the visual medium. So I try to enjoy both as separate entities. Besides, sometimes it's nice to not just have an exact illustrated flip-book of the novels. Gives some freshness and surprise to a story I already know.

That's the way I feel about the Walking Dead, they've taken many creative liberties from the comic, but it's worked out. I don't even know what's going to happen and I read the books.

My fear with GoT is the TV series is going to catch up with the books, and then have nowhere to go because it takes Martin 900 years to write one.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There better be ice spiders.... HBO has tons of CGI dollars.

That's the way I feel about the Walking Dead, they've taken many creative liberties from the comic, but it's worked out. I don't even know what's going to happen and I read the books.

My fear with GoT is the TV series is going to catch up with the books, and then have nowhere to go because it takes Martin 900 years to write one.

At times it felt like it took 900 years to read parts of 4 & 5. Makes me wish Bran would have died in that fall from the tower.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:29 pm

The way you guys talk, books 4 and 5 are dreadful reads that might take considerable skill to turn into watchable TV.

But I see no possible way the show doesn't catch up (especially if 4/5 are season 4 on TV), and I don't know what the fuck they're gonna do when it does.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The way you guys talk, books 4 and 5 are dreadful reads that might take considerable skill to turn into watchable TV.

But I see no possible way the show doesn't catch up (especially if 4/5 are season 4 on TV), and I don't know what the fuck they're gonna do when it does.

Book 4 is . . . AWFUL.

There are some plot points in Book 3 that I think were supposed to be "end of second act" plot points with an endgame coming no later than Book 5 (Assuming a 3-act structure). Then he expanded the series to seven books and you realize he pulled the trigger too soon on some things, so Book 4 is a lot of wandering around with no real point to it.

Book 5 gets the story back on the rails and headed in the right direction, but 3/4 of Book 4 could've been edited out and you'd never miss it, that's why I'm wondering how the series will tackle this problem. You really can put Book 4-5 together as one season of television and not miss a thing.
justmebd

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:53 pm

justmebd wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The way you guys talk, books 4 and 5 are dreadful reads that might take considerable skill to turn into watchable TV.

Book 4 is . . . AWFUL.

There are some plot points in Book 3 that I think were supposed to be "end of second act" plot points with an endgame coming no later than Book 5 (Assuming a 3-act structure). Then he expanded the series to seven books and you realize he pulled the trigger too soon on some things, so Book 4 is a lot of wandering around with no real point to it.

Book 5 gets the story back on the rails and headed in the right direction, but 3/4 of Book 4 could've been edited out and you'd never miss it, that's why I'm wondering how the series will tackle this problem. You really can put Book 4-5 together as one season of television and not miss a thing.

I've stopped reading book 4 twice. Just a serious misstep by GRRM. The problem is, he split Book 4 into two books but they happen concurrently, so half the characters are in book 4 and half in book 5 with a giant pile of filler bullshit added for good measure. It's terrible.

But I see no possible way the show doesn't catch up (especially if 4/5 are season 4 on TV)

As it goes right now, Book 3 will comprise both this season and season 4. I hope they combine books 4/5 into season 5, but I haven't even started book 5 to know if that's feasible or not.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:02 pm

justmebd wrote:....so Book 4 is a lot of wandering around with no real point to it....

So your saying anyone who really loves the Lord of the Rings, is going to love book 4, and its GOT TV Season...?
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:15 pm

I actually enjoyed Book 4. Sure, it's a shock to the system after the extremely eventful 3rd book, but there were still many moments I very much enjoyed. It's just a slough for most people because characters like Arya, Jon & others are separated into Book 5.

Book 5 is definitely not a dreadful read.

There's no way they'll do Book 4 as a season by itself. They have one more season to get through Book 3, then I imagine they'll combine books 4/5 into two seasons, kind of like the combined reading list many of us use(d) to read those books. So there's 3 more years for George to finish Book 6. He says he expects it to come out in 2015 probably. From where things stand at the end of Book 5, Winds of Winter (Book 6) has the potential to be very much like Book 3. And it sounds as if it will be massive, so there's another 2 seasons in that at least.

I could definitely see the last book and the last season(s) releasing concurrently. George has told the show creators where all the characters will end up, and they always confer with him. So, they could conceivably figure out a way to do it so, while the means may not match the book, the ends could be the same.
cozmeesah

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Govbarney wrote:
justmebd wrote:....so Book 4 is a lot of wandering around with no real point to it....

So your saying anyone who really loves the Lord of the Rings, is going to love book 4, and its GOT TV Season...?

Nice. Virtual High Five.
justmebd

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:40 pm

cozmeesah wrote:I actually enjoyed Book 4. Sure, it's a shock to the system after the extremely eventful 3rd book, but there were still many moments I very much enjoyed. It's just a slough for most people because characters like Arya, Jon & others are separated into Book 5.

Book 5 is definitely not a dreadful read.

There's no way they'll do Book 4 as a season by itself. They have one more season to get through Book 3, then I imagine they'll combine books 4/5 into two seasons, kind of like the combined reading list many of us use(d) to read those books. So there's 3 more years for George to finish Book 6. He says he expects it to come out in 2015 probably. From where things stand at the end of Book 5, Winds of Winter (Book 6) has the potential to be very much like Book 3. And it sounds as if it will be massive, so there's another 2 seasons in that at least.

I could definitely see the last book and the last season(s) releasing concurrently. George has told the show creators where all the characters will end up, and they always confer with him. So, they could conceivably figure out a way to do it so, while the means may not match the book, the ends could be the same.

While the missing characters, to me, are a huge problem a bolder editor would not have stood for, the bigger problem is Book 4 isn't so much a book in the SoIaF cycle as it is MINOR SPOILER: "The Adventures of Brienne of Tarth while Cersai quickly goes batshit crazy."

If GRRM hadn't already been so successful, there's no way his editors allow Book 4 to happen as it did. (See King, Stephen and his "Under the Dome" novel and Clancy, Tom and everything from "Clear and Present Danger" on for further evidence being a best-selling author means editors become nothing more than proofreaders)
justmebd

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Eh, I liked all those character moments with Brienne, Cersei & Sam. And I think a lot of them were necessary to the overall story. There are people we meet and things that happened that, in my opinion, will end up being extremely important in the grand scheme of things.

I can see why he did it the way he did once they told him the 4th book would be too long if he kept writing. Not wanting to put a half of a character arc in each book, and instead did full arcs of half the characters.
cozmeesah

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 pm

The main problem is Book 4 is totally missing half the characters. And compared to everything that happens in Book 3, it seems not of a helluva lot goes on. The Arya stuff is good. That's really all I remember. Brienne is on some quest that goes nowhere. A bunch of chapters devoted to some princess in Dorne who was never part of the story before and really goes nowhere. Dany is just wasting time in some forgotten cities in the ass end of the earth that no one cares about (raise your fucking army already and march!)

Book 5 is better because it extends past where Book 4 ends and involves more characters, and it has Jon Snow and Tyrion. Also, it has a really good ending, Jon's and Dany's. It promises that Book 6 should be a little more, how do you say, action-packed.

Because at the Book 4/5 pace, it would take 5 more books to wrap the story up. If he sticks to 2, they should have a lot going on.
Hikohadon

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:12 am

I heard rumors HBO considers the series to have a 10 season arc. If book six is released 2015 that would give GRRM 4 years to write book seven (2019 would be season 9). Four years is about the pace that he writes. The exception was his hiatus to work on the television production.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:20 am

Truthfully, I could see this season being split into two TV seasons and Books 4/5 combined into one.

I thought 4/5 were a departure. Not arguing they weren't interesting, but they were a departure from the series I had come to look for. And reading 4/5 concurrently with the list you can get on line helps. I read them separate and then read them again concurrently. It was better concurrently.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 am

I have no desire to sit down and read a 1,000 page fantasy novel, let alone 7. The show will be it for me.

One of my friends who reads the books told me "don't get too attached to any of the characters". So i'm expecting some notable deaths this season. I just want to see Joffery die, and I hope it's Robb taking his head.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:54 am

I started book 3 about 2 weeks ago, a lot later than I wanted to. Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't get through these things very fast and I'm not sure how far ahead of the TV I can keep it. Maybe I should shelve it until after the season is over because it might be weird reading and watching the same (but different) thing at the same time.

I liked the first episode, but it was definitely a "moving the chess pieces" type of thing. You guys have me excited for this season.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 am

I was wondering what the time frame is in the books so far. How much time does the story span from the start of book 1 to the end of book 4/5? Because I'm interested if the actor's aging would become a problem. Just look at Sansa. She looks 3 years older this season than she did last season.

Arya is supposed to be 10 (or something), right? Sounds like by the time they finish this up she will be 18-20 when she may only supposed to be around 12. Potential problem?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:12 am

motherscratcher wrote:I was wondering what the time frame is in the books so far. How much time does the story span from the start of book 1 to the end of book 4/5? Because I'm interested if the actor's aging would become a problem. Just look at Sansa. She looks 3 years older this season than she did last season.

Arya is supposed to be 10 (or something), right? Sounds like by the time they finish this up she will be 18-20 when she may only supposed to be around 12. Potential problem?

Personally don't see it as an issue. The girl who plays Arya is 16 now. 'Sansa' is 17 at this point. 'Bran' is 14 now. Playing younger in Seasons 1 & 2 will allow them to be there for at least through Book 5.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby cozmeesah » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 am

Bran & Rickon will be the biggest issue since they were the youngest to begin with. When people see Bran in the 2nd episode, they are going to be HOLY SHIT, THAT'S BRAN???!! at how old he looks & sounds. He is the one that truly looks to have aged about 3-4 years since last season.

The show aged up all the kids (Robb, Jon, Theon, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Joffrey & Daenerys) 2-3 years anyway. Jon & Robb in the books are only 14 when the story begins. Imagine a 14-year-old Robb leading an army.

As far as how much time has passed... Sansa is 11 in the first book, then somewhere in the 3rd she has her 13th name day. Books 4 & 5 run concurrently time-wise. So, I'd say that by the end of Book 5 around 3 years have passed. However, in the show, they can easily fix the kids' aging problem by saying that more time has gone by.
cozmeesah

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:57 pm

cozmeesah wrote:Bran & Rickon will be the biggest issue since they were the youngest to begin with. When people see Bran in the 2nd episode, they are going to be HOLY SHIT, THAT'S BRAN???!! at how old he looks & sounds. He is the one that truly looks to have aged about 3-4 years since last season.

The show aged up all the kids (Robb, Jon, Theon, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Joffrey & Daenerys) 2-3 years anyway. Jon & Robb in the books are only 14 when the story begins. Imagine a 14-year-old Robb leading an army.

As far as how much time has passed... Sansa is 11 in the first book, then somewhere in the 3rd she has her 13th name day. Books 4 & 5 run concurrently time-wise. So, I'd say that by the end of Book 5 around 3 years have passed. However, in the show, they can easily fix the kids' aging problem by saying that more time has gone by.

I think the 2-3 years estimate is about spot-on from the Beginning of Book 1 to the end of Book 5, probably closer to the 3-year mark.

Martin was going to put in a five-year time jump at the end of Book 3, but then changed his mind, so maybe that jump will be at the beginning of Book 6. Or maybe not. Hopefully we'll find out before 2020.
justmebd

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:37 pm

The real question is, has there ever been a Game of Thrones conversation where the book reading nerds don't take control and tell you how awesome everything is and how everything is gonna be?

It's like the Lord of The Rings times weekly episodes with a splash of Avatar on top.

Christ.

Fuck you and your books.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:49 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The real question is, has there ever been a Game of Thrones conversation where the book reading nerds don't take control and tell you how awesome everything is and how everything is gonna be?

It's like the Lord of The Rings times weekly episodes with a splash of Avatar on top.

Christ.

Fuck you and your books.

It's all CDT's imaginary friend's fault.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 am

He just wishes he knew how to read.
justmebd

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:29 pm

justmebd wrote:He just wishes he knew how to read.

And he has the sense of humor of a house plant.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Yeah well you are a potted house plant.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:11 pm

So.... I take it Theon is finding out why they call it the "Dreadfort"?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby cozmeesah » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:So.... I take it Theon is finding out why they call it the "Dreadfort"?

You have no idea, man. Just wait. :lmfao: Someone's about to make Joffrey look like a sweet little puppy.
cozmeesah

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 pm

cozmeesah wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:So.... I take it Theon is finding out why they call it the "Dreadfort"?

You have no idea, man. Just wait. :lmfao: Someone's about to make Joffrey look like a sweet little puppy.

Yah, that's gotta be the BoB, right?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby cozmeesah » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:02 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
cozmeesah wrote:

Yah, that's gotta be the BoB, right?

Yup. I squealed when I saw him. HBO refuses to call him anything but "Boy." I love how secretive they're being.
cozmeesah

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 am

I think the first two episodes were a little slow, but now that all of the chess pieces are set up where they need to be on the board, things are going to really start to get interesting.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:21 pm

You know, for all his reputation, The Mountain has barely done anything on screen to warrant being so feared. He killed a horse after getting beat by Renly's boyfriend in joust. Ohhhhhh scary!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You know, for all his reputation, The Mountain has barely done anything on screen to warrant being so feared. He killed a horse after getting beat by Renly's boyfriend in joust. Ohhhhhh scary!

They really skimmed over him - he's a lot more involved in the books.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I think he said 3 words in season 2. "Yes, your grace", When Tywin told him to go after the Brothers Without Banners or whatever.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 pm

He's one of the top-5 worst people in the books. And one of the most fearsome fighters, mainly due to his unmatched size.

During the sack of King's Landing, he smashed the brains of an infant child against a wall, then raped and murdered her mother. He's responsible for most of the carnage in the 7 Kingdoms during the war, particuarly among the "smallfolk." And when he's not doing something horrible, his men are on his orders. It was his guys who were depicted in the torture scene with the rats in the show.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:04 pm

He killed the fuck outta that horse.

They really haven't shown any of that in the show. I'm assuming he'll run into the guys who have Arya and his brother, bloodbath ensues. They need to something with him, so far his character is as interesting as plywood.

My favorite new character is the old Tyrell lady. Her talk with Sansa was awesome, and I think she might be the anti-Cersi.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:He killed the fuck outta that horse.

They really haven't shown any of that in the show. I'm assuming he'll run into the guys who have Arya and his brother, bloodbath ensues. They need to something with him, so far his character is as interesting as plywood.

My favorite new character is the old Tyrell lady. Her talk with Sansa was awesome, and I think she might be the anti-Cersi.

You'll like her a lot better once you know what she's responsible for here in the near future.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 pm

Why? Does she fight the Mountain while riding an ice spider?

If the a white walker killed a dragon, would it comeback as zombie dragon with ice breath?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:19 pm

This is all just going to make e0y2e3 angrier than he is when he wakes up each day.

peeker643
Duly Noted

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture