Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:49 pm

skatingtripods wrote:5 HRs, 17 hits


And all this with the 2-3-4 hitters going a combined 1-for-13!
User avatar
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God
 
Posts: 8754
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Cardiff, UK
Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:51 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:5 HRs, 17 hits


And all this with the 2-3-4 hitters going a combined 1-for-13!


And that one hit belonged to Scrappy Ryan Raburn!
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm

I enjoy the fact that we won the baseball competition against our opponent.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby scrambler » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Justin Masterson did something today that has never been done and will never be done again in the history of the world. He started his season in his first two starts facing the two reigning MLB Cy Young winners and beat them both. Everything has to fall in place for something like that to happen schedule wise etc, and I'm simply guessing it's never been done even mid season due to the confluence of events that have to occur for it to happen.

I know I'm not the favorite person to post here so I try to not do it all that much as I get too wordy, but Justin Masterson just did something, way cool.
scrambler
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Fuck critics. Post as much as you want.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm

scrambler wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Justin Masterson did something today that has never been done and will never be done again in the history of the world. He started his season in his first two starts facing the two reigning MLB Cy Young winners and beat them both. Everything has to fall in place for something like that to happen schedule wise etc, and I'm simply guessing it's never been done even mid season due to the confluence of events that have to occur for it to happen.

I know I'm not the favorite person to post here so I try to not do it all that much as I get too wordy, but Justin Masterson just did something, way cool.


Post as much as you want.

And yes, I imagine he's in select company, if not the only one.

Apparently, it's happened twice in MLB history that a guy has beaten both reigning Cy Young winners in one season. Doubt it's ever happened in his first two starts.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Yeah, Scrambler. Post as often as the urge strikes. You're more than welcome.

It's CDT who I pray loses his typing fingers in a lathe accident.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22503
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby scrambler » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 pm

THe think that most interests me about this season is Bauer, Carrasco and McAlister and how they do at the minor league level in the case of Bauer to start out. I don't think his first start in the AL last night was all that bad at all. He may need a bit of time in Columbus I admit. For some reason I think McAlister can be better than just a 4 or 5 starter in the big leagues. I really liked Carrasco before his injury too. These are the 3 keys to the future in my book....two of the three have to be much better than just "guys". And I really think at least 2 of them will be.
scrambler
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:41 am

Good game today

:nanner:
User avatar
Symbolic47
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:35 pm
Location: Transplanted to Oregon
Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 am

scrambler wrote:THe think that most interests me about this season is Bauer, Carrasco and McAlister and how they do at the minor league level in the case of Bauer to start out. I don't think his first start in the AL last night was all that bad at all. He may need a bit of time in Columbus I admit. For some reason I think McAlister can be better than just a 4 or 5 starter in the big leagues. I really liked Carrasco before his injury too. These are the 3 keys to the future in my book....two of the three have to be much better than just "guys". And I really think at least 2 of them will be.


We can all just step back and think for a moment that we traded Austin Kearns for Zack. Austin Kearns.

This has got to be one the best trades we've ever made even if Zack's right arm flies over the backstop next outing.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Tribe @ Rays 7/4/13 Let me try that again edition

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:36 am

bookelly wrote:We can all just step back and think for a moment that we traded Austin Kearns for Zack. Austin Kearns.

This has got to be one the best trades we've ever made even if Zack's right arm flies over the backstop next outing.


Blake for Santana.

Smith for Gutierrez.

Perez for DeRosa.

Cabrera for Eduardo Perez.

A few good deals in there.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andrew6586 and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: andrew6586 and 2 guests