Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The End of Colt...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

The End of Colt...

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns QB Colt McCoy expected to be released or traded soon, lg source tells Plain Dealer. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... _c_19.html

Somewhere Hiko weeps tears of joy...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The End of Colt...

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Future Colt: "Paper or Plastic, sir?"
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Meh.

Fuck Colt, but his departure was as predictable as April flowers.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Jason LaCanfora says that Colt has been traded to the San Fran 49ers for "a late round pick".
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 pm

My guess is a 12th rounder.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:18 pm

A 5th and a 7th round for Colt?

That's pretty amazing.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:32 pm

"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby 1Perry » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:37 pm

The Cleveland Browns have agreed to trade quarterback Colt McCoy to the San Francisco 49ers, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

As part of the trade, the Browns will trade their sixth-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for San Francisco's picks in the fifth and seventh rounds.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91217 ... rs-sources

So they move up one round and get a 7th round pick. That sounds like a good trade for the Browns but when you consider the rest of the story, it's better for Colt than the Browns.

Colt has a real oppertunity to at least be in a Super Bowl. The Browns are left with.....

He became expendable last week when the Browns signed veteran backup Jason Campbell, who is expected to challenge Brandon Weeden for the starting job.

Nothing there gets a whiff of a Super Bowl.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:40 pm

I would have traded him for Ziner agreeing to go back into hiding.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Triple-S wrote:A 5th and a 7th round for Colt?

That's pretty amazing.

The Browns had to throw in a 6th rounder of their own.

Basically, Colt for a 6th round pick. Which is actually pretty good.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Niners better pray Kaepernick stays healthy.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:01 pm

1Perry wrote:As part of the trade, the Browns will trade their sixth-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for San Francisco's picks in the fifth and seventh rounds.

Sounds like the Browns move up from the sixth choice in Round 6 to the 30th choice in Round 5, a net plus of just eight positions. Plus, they get the second-last pick of the draft.

Ho-hum. The deal's probably better for Colt than it is for the Browns. At least now he'll be eligible for a Super Bowl ring before he turns 60.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 am

So, Hiko, how long were you calling "April Fool's BS" on this story before you believed it, and are you throwing a Going Away party for Colt.

I'm sure you have a nice parting gift in mind.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:19 am

Not sure why all the draft choice analysis.

They turned a third round choice into a sixth.

Nobody does it better. Pretty much a staple of bottom dwelliong NFL teams.

Better than the impending first rounder for no choice when they dump Weeds in a year or two. So there's that.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 am

justmebd wrote:So, Hiko, how long were you calling "April Fool's BS" on this story before you believed it, and are you throwing a Going Away party for Colt.

Usually, April Fool's magic has to be something that is surprising or shocking. For instance, it doesn't really work if you say "Hey, we're out of milk. April Fool's!"

No party. Browns-wise, I'm lost in a cave, no hint of light to show the way out, just trying to find a dry spot to curl up and die.

EDIT - On second thought, I think I do have a final message for Colt... FUCK that whiny, entitled, crying-to-daddy, mystery ailment having, groundball throwing, skittish, inaccurate, noodle armed little bitch. Glad you're gone, hope I never have to see you stain a football field with your suckitude ever again. James Harrison is my freakin' hero for leveling your bitch ass. Only wish you hadn't punked out of Week 17 last season so he could do it again, maybe take your head off this time, or at least rip out your stupid little doe eyes so I don't have to look at the blank stare of incomprehension as you wonder how whatever you just did failed yet again. It's reported that you weren't acquired as the backup in San Fran but that you'll have to compete for the job, and it's probably a safe bet that when Harbaugh gets a load of your sorry ass he'll send you packing, so you can end up coaching high school ball in Buttfuck, Texas by the end of next year and the only time we hear of you is as a freakin' trivia question.

Now I'm done.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:So, Hiko, how long were you calling "April Fool's BS" on this story before you believed it, and are you throwing a Going Away party for Colt.

Usually, April Fool's magic has to be something that is surprising or shocking. For instance, it doesn't really work if you say "Hey, we're out of milk. April Fool's!"

No party. Browns-wise, I'm lost in a cave, no hint of light to show the way out, just trying to find a dry spot to curl up and die.

EDIT - On second thought, I think I do have a final message for Colt... FUCK that whiny, entitled, crying-to-daddy, mystery ailment having, groundball throwing, skittish, inaccurate, noodle armed little bitch. Glad you're gone, hope I never have to see you stain a football field with your suckitude ever again. James Harrison is my freakin' hero for leveling your bitch ass. Only wish you hadn't punked out of Week 17 last season so he could do it again, maybe take your head off this time, or at least rip out your stupid little doe eyes so I don't have to look at the blank stare of incomprehension as you wonder how whatever you just did failed yet again. It's reported that you weren't acquired as the backup in San Fran but that you'll have to compete for the job, and it's probably a safe bet that when Harbaugh gets a load of your sorry ass he'll send you packing, so you can end up coaching high school ball in Buttfuck, Texas by the end of next year and the only time we hear of you is as a freakin' trivia question.

Now I'm done.

Channeling your inner Mike Rice. I like that.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9125796/practice-video-shows-rutgers-basketball-coach-mike-rice-berated-pushed-used-slurs-players
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Now I'm done.

There it is!!!
I've been waiting for two days for that rage to come out.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm

As much as I disliked Couch as a player, I never disliked him personally.

As much as I wanted Frye gone, I never disliked him personally.

As much as I was sick of DA and Quinn, I never disliked them personally (well, maybe DA a little bit after he left).

Colt I disliked on personal level. He's probably my least favorite Brown since The Return, vying for that title with Braylon Edwards and Gerard Warren. Some guys you don't just cut, you kick them in the balls, beat them over the head with an aardvark, then dump their inert body in the Cuyahoga and set it on fire.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:As much as I disliked Couch as a player, I never disliked him personally.

As much as I was sick of DA and Quinn, I never disliked them personally (well, maybe DA a little bit after he left).

Colt I disliked on personal level. He's probably my least favorite Brown since The Return, vying for that title with Braylon Edwards and Gerard Warren. Some guys you don't just cut, you kick them in the balls, beat them over the head with an aardvark, then dump their inert body in the Cuyahoga and set it on fire.

I would keep some hatred in the tank so when Colty gets a ring after never taking a snap during the Niner's 2013 Super Bowl season you'll not be on empty.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:48 am

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:As much as I disliked Couch as a player, I never disliked him personally.

I would keep some hatred in the tank so when Colty gets a ring after never taking a snap during the Niner's 2013 Super Bowl season you'll not be on empty.

I could care less. Worse men have won greater things.

I've seen Modell crying with his boys. I've seen His Bitchhood holding up his Heat trophy. Colt is a barnacle. He can hold for the kicker of 10 SB winning teams for all I care. Justice is Santa Claus.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Now I'm done.

This is why it's so hard to have a rational conversation with hiko. I mean, my God...who says that kind of stuff?

:hide: :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 am

A final Colt enema. Feels so good.

However, the biggest blockage is still in there, and I'm not sure how we dislodge that one since he's CEO of the team.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 am

Hikohadon wrote:A final Colt enema. Feels so good.

However, the biggest blockage is still in there, and I'm not sure how we dislodge that one since he's CEO of the team.

And I'm the irrational one.... (smoke)

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am

peeker643 wrote:

No, you're the illogical one. ;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

No, you're the illogical one. ;-) ;) :wink:

Touche'

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159665/article/colt-mccoy-49ers-focus-obviously-different-than-browns?campaign=Twitter_atl

"When I walked in the building in San Francisco, it was the same feel (as at the University of Texas)," McCoy told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Saturday. "It's a great organization, and their only focus is: We want to win, and we want to win now. That's obviously different than some of the things that I've been part of the last few years. I was really happy about that."

Sorry, Colt, if they keep you and put you in some backup position where you might actually take the field, then they must not want to win that badly.
Hikohadon

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Hikohadon wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159665/article/colt-mccoy-49ers-focus-obviously-different-than-browns?campaign=Twitter_atl

"When I walked in the building in San Francisco, it was the same feel (as at the University of Texas)," McCoy told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Saturday. "It's a great organization, and their only focus is: We want to win, and we want to win now. That's obviously different than some of the things that I've been part of the last few years. I was really happy about that."

Sorry, Colt, if they keep you and put you in some backup position where you might actually take the field, then they must not want to win that badly.

Man, lucky he got traded there, as opposed to all those teams whose focus is to lose.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Probably shouldn't be taking shots at an NFL organization in the media when two years from now you'll be begging for any job in the league.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby municipalmutt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159665/article/colt-mccoy-49ers-focus-obviously-different-than-browns?campaign=Twitter_atl

We want to win Colt. We got rid of you didn't we?
municipalmutt

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 am

I didn't realize they even interviewed backup quarterbacks in places other than Cleveland.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby General » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:08 am

Not for anything, but who wouldn't be happy to get out of here? It would be like getting your duty station changed from Afghanistan to the US embassy in Aruba. The Browns are a subclass organization and will continue to be based on retread hiring of Banner, and Lombardi. Clearly Colt was not the answer (see Couch, et al)so why all the angst? The Browns are horrible and Colt got lucky.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am

General wrote:Not for anything, but who wouldn't be happy to get out of here? It would be like getting your duty station changed from Afghanistan to the US embassy in Aruba. The Browns are a subclass organization and will continue to be based on retread hiring of Banner, and Lombardi. Clearly Colt was not the answer (see Couch, et al)so why all the angst? The Browns are horrible and Colt got lucky.

I can only speak for myself, but it's because I don't need a little cuntstain like Colt reminding me how bad it is here. If it were a player that was any good - that I had an ounce of respect for - that's one thing. But I don't need to hear every useless David Veikune future janitor motherfucker telling me how bad it is in Cleveland just because he was an abject failure here.
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 am

Hikohadon wrote:
General wrote:Not for anything, but who wouldn't be happy to get out of here? It would be like getting your duty station changed from Afghanistan to the US embassy in Aruba. The Browns are a subclass organization and will continue to be based on retread hiring of Banner, and Lombardi. Clearly Colt was not the answer (see Couch, et al)so why all the angst? The Browns are horrible and Colt got lucky.

I can only speak for myself, but it's because I don't need a little cuntstain like Colt reminding me how bad it is here. If it were a player that was any good - that I had an ounce of respect for - that's one thing. But I don't need to hear every useless David Veikune future janitor motherfucker telling me how bad it is in Cleveland just because he was an abject failure here.

I will be the last guy to get in any kind of "argument" over this type of thing. I follow the Browns from afar (Pensacola). I went to my first game in 1968 (no big deal there, just information) The fact of the matter is that the organization disgusts me so much anymore that I really don't care who says what about them. I do agree he is a tampax skidmark but I have grown weary of the CB's. It is like having 1 last cancer cell in your body that they just can't kill.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:07 pm

General wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

I will be the last guy to get in any kind of "argument" over this type of thing. I follow the Browns from afar (Pensacola). I went to my first game in 1968 (no big deal there, just information) The fact of the matter is that the organization disgusts me so much anymore that I really don't care who says what about them. I do agree he is a tampax skidmark but I have grown weary of the CB's. It is like having 1 last cancer cell in your body that they just can't kill.

Can't argue with that. I think the only reason it bothered me was b/c it was HIM that said it and I have some weird personal hatred of the guy (which I've chose to embrace and exorcise) left over from when I used to care. If I read a story "Colt McCoy Jaywalks At Empty Intersection", I'll be calling for arrest and dismemberment.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Can't argue with that. I think the only reason it bothered me was b/c it was HIM that said it and I have some weird personal hatred of the guy (which I've chose to embrace and exorcise) left over from when I used to care. If I read a story "Colt McCoy Jaywalks At Empty Intersection", I'll be calling for arrest and dismemberment.

I don't carry anywhere near the animosity you have for the guy (who does?), but I couldn't agree more with your take on this. It isn't what that little fuckstick said, it's the fact that by saying it he seems to be implying he didn't succeed in Cleveland for any reason other than his own overwhelming suck. And he also seems to be implying that he's somehow important in SF and he matters in the NFL in any way.

He cries his way out of Cleveland because the big mean coaches LIED and drafted Weeden and he never got his God given chance to be a starter here. And it's because WE JUST DON"T WANT TO WIN, GUYS!!!! Yet he's perfectly happy taking an even MORE diminished role in SF.

He's irrelevent, and it pisses me off that he doesn't realize it. Fuck that guy.

And all of the mouth breathing fucktard commenters you read anywhere there is a post about the dumb shit coming out of his mouth can't wait to tell you how classy he is.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:27 pm

motherscratcher wrote:It isn't what that little fuckstick said, it's the fact that by saying it he seems to be implying he didn't succeed in Cleveland for any reason other than his own overwhelming suck. And he also seems to be implying that he's somehow important in SF and he matters in the NFL in any way.

He cries his way out of Cleveland because the big mean coaches LIED and drafted Weeden and he never got his God given chance to be a starter here. And it's because WE JUST DON"T WANT TO WIN, GUYS!!!! Yet he's perfectly happy taking an even MORE diminished role in SF.

He's irrelevent, and it pisses me off that he doesn't realize it. Fuck that guy.

And all of the mouth breathing fucktard commenters you read anywhere there is a post about the dumb shit coming out of his mouth can't wait to tell you how classy he is.

Perfectly put. I too see those urban legends posted about how he's "classy" and a "well-respected leader" and it does nothing to quell my righteous fury. If classy means "passive-aggressive entitled crybaby", then, yes, I agree.

I should be letting this go soon since he's gone and some other team's afterthought roster-filler, but pettiness is probably my most endearing quality.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I should be letting this go soon since he's gone and some other team's afterthought roster-filler, but pettiness is probably my most endearing quality.

I think it's your most enduring quality. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I should be letting this go soon since he's gone and some other team's afterthought roster-filler, but pettiness is probably my most endearing quality.

I think it's your most enduring quality. :nanner:

Same difference.
Hikohadon

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL