Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Remembering Tim Crews and Steve Olin...20 Years Later

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Remembering Tim Crews and Steve Olin...20 Years Later

Unread postby ClevelandFanInNewYork » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:39 am

A powerful piece by Anthony Castrovince about the tragedy of 20 years ago. Take the time to read the entire article....

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130320&content_id=43026542&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
ClevelandFanInNewYork

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: Any New Yorker

Re: Remembering Tim Crews and Steve Olin...20 Years Later

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 pm

ClevelandFanInNewYork wrote:A powerful piece by Anthony Castrovince about the tragedy of 20 years ago. Take the time to read the entire article....

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130320&content_id=43026542&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

I'm with everyone who is saying they cannot believe it has been 20 years.

Seems like ten I guess. I had a conversation with my non-sports-fan sister in law about it at the time. Her thought was- why are the Indians setting up a fund for people to donate to the families- why don't they just set the families up? The have the money.

I explained that they would- only, there needed to be a place to put all the unsolicited donations that were pouring in.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Man.

OK, I just read it. I had put it in my mental must-read file, but kept avoiding over the last couple days due to knowing it would touch a nerve. (Still haven't seen Passion of the Christ. That's still in the must-see file. We have the VHS tape that we inherited from my mother in law.)

So well written. Just a great piece.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby 1Perry » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Opening day was sold out. Being 200 miles away I wasn't able to make set plans. I decided that morning to drive up figuring I could find a ticket. I took my just shy of 4 year old daughter with me. (I bought her a pink Indians hat).

Found a scalper and two tickets $40. I sent my daughter the link and asked her if she remembers going and she said that she does remember going to the game but not really much about it.

There was hardly a dry eye in the stadium.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby swerb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Great stuff ... wow
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 pm

I agree withwhat SWERB said: "wow"
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB