Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns Offseason Moves/Free Agency

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns Offseason Moves/Free Agency

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:48 pm

One down:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Browns announce the release of DL Frostee Rucker
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Offseason Moves/Free Agency

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 pm

He was signed purely as a Holmgren hunger craving, he was the most delicious sounding player available. Not at all surprising to see him gone.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Some potential 2nd level LBs that could upgrade the Browns defense via free agency?

Phillip Wheeler and Eric Walden from Oakland and GB respectively. Both 6'2, 240lbs or so and mean fast and in their primes. Not sure if both are more the SAM backer but I'd take one.

Guard? Andy Levitre from Buffalo probably the best of the bunch and that'd be nice.

Safety? William Moore and Jarius Byrd probably the best of the bunch but an interesting guy would be Louie Delms (DET) or Glover Quinn (Hou). Both would seem to be solid complementary players to TJ Ward.

I also wouldn't cry about Delanie Walker being here as that TE/FB mix. Dude's a beast.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm

^^^^ I like it. Also like Anthony Spencer LB Dallas.

Peterson OG Detroit was just released. Don't know anything about him but he started last three years.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:38 am

pod2dawg wrote:^^^^ I like it. Also like Anthony Spencer LB Dallas.

Peterson OG Detroit was just released. Don't know anything about him but he started last three years.

Not sure that starting on Detroit's O line looks all that good on a resume.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 pm

I put this in another thread, but I guess it belongs here. Its a list of AZ UFAs, and they are described as "Filler Material" by ESPN. But based on Horton probably wanting to bring in his own 'guys' for the new system, and JH3s comments on not making a big 'splash' in Free Agency, I think any of these guys is a likely addition, and position wise with the exception of maybe Eason, they would all fill a current need.

Michael Adams CB 6/17/85
Nick Eason DE 5/29/80
Rashad Johnson S 1/2/86
James Sanders S 11/11/83

While I would wet my pants over getting a Anthony Spencer, or a Jarius Byrd, I just dont see it, based on JH3s comments, even more so if they blow their load on Alex Smith.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Would it be worth taking a look at Titus Young?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:Would it be worth taking a look at Titus Young?

To late , the Rams claimed him up yesterday
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby scott » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Only if his contract states he is not allowed to communicate or interact with Josh Gordon in any way. Is that possible?
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 pm

scott wrote:

Only if his contract states he is not allowed to communicate or interact with Josh Gordon in any way. Is that possible?

Check out the Josh Gordon Super Bowl pics on Instagram and his SB tweets on twitter and tell me it's not too late ;-) ;) :wink:

Guy is ridiculously talented but not all that bright.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:^^^^ I like it. Also like Anthony Spencer LB Dallas.

Not sure that starting on Detroit's O line looks all that good on a resume.

I looked up Detroit's O line stats.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

They were ranked 9th. Don't know anything other than that. Just hoping we get a G or 2.
pod2dawg

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Scratch one Michael Vick from the list of QBs who could come to the Browns in the off-season. One year, $10 million (with incentives) to remain with the Eagles.

Thank goodness!
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:24 pm

jerryroche wrote:Scratch one Michael Vick from the list of QBs who could come to the Browns in the off-season. One year, $10 million (with incentives) to remain with the Eagles.

Thank goodness!

As enticing as Vick is, he's too injury prone and makes too many mental mistakes.

If one man can make the most of Vick's talents, though, it's Pat Shurmur.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Peter King thinks the Browns are eyeing Flacco.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Squints » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Are they eyeing him like the creepy guy at the beach eyes the hot chick in the bikini?
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 pm

FWIW

Oh....and Ha! to him being a Steeler soon after.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Would be surprised if he's not a Steeler soon after RT @ProFootballTalk: Browns bringing in Breaston for a visit http://wp.me/p14QSB-7qfY

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Browns considering Ellerbe.
pod2dawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Browns considering Ellerbe.

They can consider all they want. He's going to have a load of choices. Guy's an excellent run player and he ain't bad getting to the passer on passing downs. Every down player but not a guy you want covering backs in space. Best on weakside , can play strong side but really ain't built to last in that spot.

I'd love to have him but I can't see Baltimore overlooking the guy after they get Flacco done. Not with Lewis finally done and a need at the position.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Not sure there's a chance they keep Ellerbee if they keep Flacco. Their cap situation is pretty bad. I've read where thy have to choose between keeping Ellerbee/Kruger or Flacco.
Hikohadon

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 pm

I'd love for us to take Kruger off their hands. Think that could be a Justin Smith-type signing to our defense. (harkening back to when he went to SF yrs ago)
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:41 am

noles1 wrote:I'd love for us to take Kruger off their hands. Think that could be a Justin Smith-type signing to our defense. (harkening back to when he went to SF yrs ago)

I like Kruger but think he's going to get overpaid by someone for his year last season. Just prefer it not be by Browns. Of the two I'd prefer Ellerbee myself. I think he'll be a bit less expensive and have a greater impact. Just my $0.02.

And I agree no way B'More can keep all three of those (Flacco/Kruger/Ellerbee) and that doesn't even address Ed Reed who's likely gone.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 am

Yeah, no way they bring Reed back, especially since they just won the SB. Now they can do a pretty big reboot and still have the goodwill of the fan base.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 am

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Patriots are expected to "entertain offers" for Ryan Mallett on the heels of Tom Brady's contract extension.
The Pats have Brady (cheaply) locked in for the next five seasons, and Mallett's rookie deal runs out in 2015. "I think it means he's gonna be traded," Rapoport said of Mallett. The Browns seem likely to at least explore the possibility of a trade, and might be the team Bill Belichick calls first. We suspect Mallett would be available for a second-rounder. Cleveland does not have a second-rounder in April's draft, but could either put together a package of 2013 picks or offer a second-round selection from a future draft.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm

pup wrote:NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Patriots are expected to "entertain offers" for Ryan Mallett on the heels of Tom Brady's contract extension.
The Pats have Brady (cheaply) locked in for the next five seasons, and Mallett's rookie deal runs out in 2015. "I think it means he's gonna be traded," Rapoport said of Mallett. The Browns seem likely to at least explore the possibility of a trade, and might be the team Bill Belichick calls first. We suspect Mallett would be available for a second-rounder. Cleveland does not have a second-rounder in April's draft, but could either put together a package of 2013 picks or offer a second-round selection from a future draft.

Why do I get the impression that the Browns are in full panic mode looking for competition—or a replacement—for Weeden, given our Exalted High Leader's recent comments? Or is that just panic-mode speculation by the media and fans?

I would not be trading away multiple draft choices for any unproven QB until I see how Weeden handles the new offense (in spite of what Peeks thinks). Competition for him? Sure...if it can be done through free agency. But if you're going to be dealing draft choices, at least wait a year until you get a clearer reading on the Weeder, or Johnny Football (or a similar talent) presents himself in the draft.

Hell, we've waited a quarter-century for another winning Browns team. Instead of looking for another stop-gap measure, why not wait another year or two for a real studly QB—if Weeden truly isn't The One?
jerryroche

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:44 pm

jerryroche wrote:
pup wrote:NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Patriots are expected to "entertain offers" for Ryan Mallett on the heels of Tom Brady's contract extension.

Why do I get the impression that the Browns are in full panic mode looking for competition—or a replacement—for Weeden, given our Exalted High Leader's recent comments? Or is that just panic-mode speculation by the media and fans?

I would not be trading away multiple draft choices for any unproven QB until I see how Weeden handles the new offense (in spite of what Peeks thinks). Competition for him? Sure...if it can be done through free agency. But if you're going to be dealing draft choices, at least wait a year until you get a clearer reading on the Weeder, or Johnny Football (or a similar talent) presents himself in the draft.

Hell, we've waited a quarter-century for another winning Browns team. Instead of looking for another stop-gap measure, why not wait another year or two for a real studly QB—if Weeden truly isn't The One?

Nothing at all to do with what I think. It's just very simple: If you can improve then do so. If you can't (and Mallet isn't) then stay with the mistake you already made rather than compunding it with another. And 'improve' must take into account the future costs associated and whether the guy you get warrants them. And honestly, I don't recall ever suggesting they deal multiple picks for some untested QB.

As for the last paragraph? Well, that sure as shit applied last year as well and that didn't stop anyone from taking a stop-gap.

I don't think Weeden is the guy but that doesn't mean I think Mallet is. And wanting Mallet would be as dumb as wanting Weeden because Colt wasn't the guy.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:I don't think Weeden is the guy but that doesn't mean I think Mallet is. And wanting Mallet would be as dumb as wanting Weeden because Colt wasn't the guy.

Dumber, since at least Weeden was somewhat of an upgrade. Mallett would very likely be a lateral move - akin to drafting Brady Quinn at #22 last year to replace Colt.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I don't think Weeden is the guy but that doesn't mean I think Mallet is. And wanting Mallet would be as dumb as wanting Weeden because Colt wasn't the guy.

Dumber, since at least Weeden was somewhat of an upgrade. Mallett would very likely be a lateral move - akin to drafting Brady Quinn at #22 last year to replace Colt.

Be it dumb or dumber, I'm going to vomit if they trade picks for Mallet. A 4th or below? Okay. Anything more? No way.

The Pats just extended Brady for years for guaranteed Saudi prince kind of money not only because Brady is still top 5 and Brady ain't stupid, but because Mallet ain't the answer there. And BB ain't the compassionate and warm & fuzzy type.

I don't want Mallet unless he's significantly cheaper than what Alex Smith costs the Chiefs and the Borwns would be bigger a-holes than I already think they are if they don't see what that price is first.
close.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Dr. Robert Anderson said Redskins TE Fred Davis is healing well from his torn Achilles and will be 100 percent ready for OTAs.

Seriously doubt the Browns bring back Ben Watson (or many, if any, of their own free agents at all) and Davis would be an interesting guy to replace Watson. I like the guy in an offense like the one the Browns will run and that achilles might make him a bargain if he's not dying to stay in Washington with RG3.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Browns have not had a playmaker at TE since Winslow, and right now there is no greater need on the offensive side of the ball, IMO.

I like Davis too. He's an Ohio guy...(and notorious in the annals of OSU recruiting) ...tremendous athlete who has had injury problems throughout college and pro career, but is the type of threat this team needs badly.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Be it dumb or dumber, I'm going to vomit if they trade picks for Mallet. A 4th or below? Okay. Anything more? No way.

The Pats just extended Brady for years for guaranteed Saudi prince kind of money not only because Brady is still top 5 and Brady ain't stupid, but because Mallet ain't the answer there. And BB ain't the compassionate and warm & fuzzy type.

I don't want Mallet unless he's significantly cheaper than what Alex Smith costs the Chiefs and the Borwns would be bigger a-holes than I already think they are if they don't see what that price is first.
close.

I can agree with that, and I'd bet you a silver pony that the Browns would still pay more for Mallet than the Chiefs pay for Smith. I think KC gets Smith for a 3rd, but I'd be shocked if the Browns didn't have to pay more than that for Mallet.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 pm

peeker643 wrote:...wanting Mallet would be as dumb as wanting Weeden because Colt wasn't the guy.

That's called hitting the nail on the head in 14 words. Don't think we could've won more than five games with Colt. Don't think we could've won more than five games with Mallet.

When it comes to picking QBs, can we hope that the new regime isn't as dense (or as simple-minded or as panicky) as any of the last four?
jerryroche

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

jerryroche wrote:
peeker643 wrote:...wanting Mallet would be as dumb as wanting Weeden because Colt wasn't the guy.

That's called hitting the nail on the head in 14 words. Don't think we could've won more than five games with Colt. Don't think we could've won more than five games with Mallet.

When it comes to picking QBs, can we hope that the new regime isn't as dense (or as simple-minded or as panicky) as any of the last four?

Honestly all we CAN do is hope. I don't have a good feeling about it though.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:14 pm

I only have a limited supply of Sports Hope remaining, and I can't be wastin' it on LomBanner. I'll save it for the next regime, which should be arriving circa 2016.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:55 pm

From the Boston Herald. The bold, IMO, really limits the price you'd want to pay. Well, that and the fact he hasn't done shit to justify trading a high pick for him on the field:

It's obviously really early in the offseason process, but at this point, I've been told the Patriots are not actively shopping quarterback Ryan Mallett for a trade.

That doesn't mean they aren't listening to offers, if any are even being received, or preparing to explore a trade avenue as they get closer to the start of free agency or even the draft. But for now, all is quiet.

Why trade Mallett? His contract expires after 2014 and won't be the team's quarterback of the future unless Tom Brady and the Patriots run into some unforeseen circumstances. Plus, it's considered a very weak class of free agents and draft prospects, and Mallett might stack up with any of them. Finally, the Patriots only have five draft picks, so they'd surely like to add to that total.

Here's one snag, though. Under the new CBA, all players drafted in 2011 or later cannot restructure their contract until they complete their third season. Therefore, any team that acquires Mallett can't sign him to an extension until next year. That could take away from some of his value.

The Patriots used a third-round pick on Mallett in 2011, and the thinking is they'd like to get a higher pick in return. Again, at this point, it's too early to rule out anything.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

How can a guy who fell to the 3rd round and hasn't even played in two years bring back a higher pick than where he was taken? Only Belicheck could fleece someone into to doing this, feed on their desperation...Please don't let it be his "good friend" Lombardi
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 am

Nicastro13 wrote:How can a guy who fell to the 3rd round and hasn't even played in two years bring back a higher pick than where he was taken? Only Belicheck could fleece someone into to doing this, feed on their desperation...Please don't let it be his "good friend" Lombardi

I was wondering the same thing. Unless Mallett is a bottle of wine, his value shouldn't be going UP from sitting in a cellar.
Hikohadon

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Hikohadon wrote:LomBanner

Once it becomes a lame duck, perhaps it will be "HASban".

In 2016, there will be all types of lame duck presidents around.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Not sure there's a chance they keep Ellerbee if they keep Flacco. Their cap situation is pretty bad. I've read where thy have to choose between keeping Ellerbee/Kruger or Flacco.

More I look at Ellerbee more I wonder if he and D'Qwell aren't a bit redundant. Ellerbee and D'Qwell are not thumpers and probably need that thumper next to them to be freed up to run and make tackles.

Who are those Mike LBs that are available?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:04 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Not sure there's a chance they keep Ellerbee if they keep Flacco. Their cap situation is pretty bad. I've read where thy have to choose between keeping Ellerbee/Kruger or Flacco.

More I look at Ellerbee more I wonder if he and D'Qwell aren't a bit redundant. Ellerbee and D'Qwell are not thumpers and probably need that thumper next to them to be freed up to run and make tackles.

Who are those Mike LBs that are available?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/2013-nfl-free-agents?pg=3

Inside Linebackers

Rey Maualuga
Dannell Ellerbe
Brian Urlacher
Tim Dobbins
Moise Fokou
Brad Jones
Bart Scott
Bradie James
Larry Grant
Keith Brooking
Chase Blackburn
Ernie Sims
Larry Foote
Jasper Brinkley
E.J. Henderson
Paris Lenon
Mike Peterson
Channing Crowder
Brandon Siler
Barrett Ruud
Tavares Gooden
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I was talking to J yesterday. He'd be geeked if it was Maualuga. Bengals being cheap and Maualuga being a thumper next to DQwell is intriguing.

Also, he believes Smith to KC could be first domino in potential Mallet to Browns scenario. Thinks Cassell may end up back in NE and wonders whether Browns and Pats swap 1st round spots and Browns add in later pick.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:21 pm

peeker643 wrote:I was talking to J yesterday. He'd be geeked if it was Maualuga. Bengals being cheap and Maualuga being a thumper next to DQwell is intriguing.

Also, he believes Smith to KC could be first domino in potential Mallet to Browns scenario. Thinks Cassell may end up back in NE and wonders whether Browns and Pats swap 1st round spots and Browns add in later pick.

I guess I'd be fine with Mallett if the Pats give us picks to take him. ;-) ;) :wink:

Trade for Mallett, bring in DA, and suddenly you've got the tallest slowest QB trio in the history of mankind. Cripes, I think Weeden is suddenly your "mobile" option in that scenario. ::doh::

I've heard the Bengals are very unlikely to sign Maualuga, mainly b/c he'd cost more than he's worth (have read that he's not that good - haven't watched him enough to have my own opinion on that) and Burfict is better anyway.

Personally, I'd be fine with him provided they didn't give him some ridiculous contract. I know we have a lot of cap space right now, but that can go away in a hurry if you start blowing huge contracts on Maualugas.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I was talking to J yesterday. He'd be geeked if it was Maualuga. Bengals being cheap and Maualuga being a thumper next to DQwell is intriguing.

I guess I'd be fine with Mallett if the Pats give us picks to take him. ;-) ;) :wink:

Trade for Mallett, bring in DA, and suddenly you've got the tallest slowest QB trio in the history of mankind. Cripes, I think Weeden is suddenly your "mobile" option in that scenario. ::doh::

I've heard the Bengals are very unlikely to sign Maualuga, mainly b/c he'd cost more than he's worth (have read that he's not that good - haven't watched him enough to have my own opinion on that) and Burfict is better anyway.

Personally, I'd be fine with him provided they didn't give him some ridiculous contract. I know we have a lot of cap space right now, but that can go away in a hurry if you start blowing huge contracts on Maualugas.

Maualuga is a pretty decent 2-down ILB who's big and mean and takes on FBs, etc. Yes, you'd probably have to overpay him (and I'm not convinced they don't have to overpay anyone they bring here) but over next three years they have to average 89% of Cap number and they need bangers and salaries. Better now than later I guess. ILB, DBs, TE and K. Need some.

I'll take that 3-down, big, nasty ILB instead if there is one but Mauluga would fit the need fairly well IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 am

Breston is real. Could happen.

CB from Pittsburgh is the other top target I hear.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:23 pm

Steve Breaston is from Western PA, also Haley used to be his old OC.

He ain't coming to cleveland, Pittsburgh wants him.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Triple-S wrote:Steve Breaston is from Western PA, also Haley used to be his old OC.

With the way Haley left things in KC, I'm not sure he's a selling point to any of his former players.
Hikohadon

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:32 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Maualuga has not lived up to his draft hype, and he's one more arrest away from a serious NFL suspension.

I'd take him for the right price as he does have talent, but there's no way you throw the kind of money he thinks he's worth in his direction.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Steve Breaston is from Western PA, also Haley used to be his old OC.

With the way Haley left things in KC, I'm not sure he's a selling point to any of his former players.

He was his OC in Arizona, Breston was there when they went to the superbowl
Nicastro13

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Nicastro13 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

He was his OC in Arizona, Breston was there when they went to the superbowl

I know, and I think that was a partial reason Breaston went from ARI to KC.

But I'm talking about the way Haley left things in KC. As HC in KC, there were many reports of rifts with the players. Even if Breaston liked Haley in Arizona doesn't mean he likes him now.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:18 pm

tru, I'm kinda indifferent on Breaston as far as making much of a difference. I remember watching him in high school running wild as Woody High's QB and owning the WPIAl, but as of now I think he would take time away from the young guys and isn't much of an upgrade. Benjamin is a younger version IMO. But on the cheap ok, think he'll end up in the Burgh due more to home ties than Haley.
Nicastro13

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Nicastro13 wrote:tru, I'm kinda indifferent on Breaston as far as making much of a difference. I remember watching him in high school running wild as Woody High's QB and owning the WPIAl, but as of now I think he would take time away from the young guys and isn't much of an upgrade. Benjamin is a younger version IMO. But on the cheap ok, think he'll end up in the Burgh due more to home ties than Haley.

I agree, but I think he's a solid #3 or #4. If they sign him with the idea that he'll be a starter, then color me unimpressed.

I don't think Breaston and Benjamin are the same type of WR, though. Taller, not as fast, more of an outside threat, less effective after the catch. But a WR corps that looks like Mike Wallace, Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Steve Breaston, and Travis Benjamin would be pretty damn dynamic.
Hikohadon

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL