Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Mock Drafts

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Mock Drafts

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Thankfully the guys we have running the draft are smarter than everyone else in the game. I'm pretty sure they'll dazle us with their brilliance.

:hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:07 pm

pod2dawg wrote:
jb wrote:
I am not very impressed by the pass rusher crop other than J Jones in a scheme, so there is no need to reach on one of these project guys or a Borg Warner to be your Chris Long.

Damontre Moore.

Be impressed.

Love him. In the 4 - 3 we should have kept.

For a 3 - 4 he tits on a bull.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm

peeker643 wrote:Thankfully the guys we have running the draft are smarter than everyone else in the game. I'm pretty sure they'll dazle us with their brilliance.

Read ur weekend wrap (u know, eher you gave Kyrie the benefit of your advice. ;-) ) . On the Browns I couldn't agree more.

We are so screwed.
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm

jb wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:
jb wrote:
I am not very impressed by the pass rusher crop other than J Jones in a scheme, so there is no need to reach on one of these project guys or a Borg Warner to be your Chris Long.

Damontre Moore.

Be impressed.

You know, I stand corrected. For some dumb reason I thought he was pure down lineman DE, but he's not.

NEVERMIND!

Let's make him our Kyle Brady.
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Would I be labelled a shameless Buckeye homer if I opined that Johnny Simon in round 3 as a bull rush prospect 4-3 3-4 hybrid could be a better pro than many suggest?

The way the kid uses his hands to disengage blocks and his motor are crazy good even if his agility may not be what you might want ideally.

I see a little Kevin Greene in him.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Thankfully the guys we have running the draft are smarter than everyone else in the game. I'm pretty sure they'll dazle us with their brilliance.

Read ur weekend wrap (u know, eher you gave Kyrie the benefit of your advice. ;-) ) . On the Browns I couldn't agree more.

We are so screwed.

We've been screwed for years so at least know the lay of the land. As for Kyrie, there are some folks in Cavs FO who were less than thrilled that he preferred to spend more time in gym than weight room and I agree he needs that element at some point.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 am

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

We are so screwed.

We've been screwed for years so at least know the lay of the land. As for Kyrie, there are some folks in Cavs FO who were less than thrilled that he preferred to spend more time in gym than weight room and I agree he needs that element at some point.

Given your powers of persuasion with Hiko, I'm sure he was in touch with Gene Weiss yesterday afternoon. ;-)
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 am

Unless he needs an RV or an 8-ball he has no reason to contact that place these days ;-) ;) :wink:

That place was the Taj Mahal of racquetball/fitness facilities at one point. What a waste.

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

We are so screwed.

Given your powers of persuasion with Hiko, I'm sure he was in touch with Gene Weiss yesterday afternoon. ;-)

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 am

I wouldn't touch Simon with a ten foot pole in a 4-3. Now as a 3-4 hybrid........ interesting.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am

jb wrote:
jb wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:
jb wrote:

Damontre Moore.

Be impressed.

You know, I stand corrected. For some dumb reason I thought he was pure down lineman DE, but he's not.

NEVERMIND!

Let's make him our Kyle Brady.

I was gonna say dude's actually played some 3-4 OLB in college...

I haven't watched much of him, have to take a look sometime.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Dear Manti,

You're not gonna like a rock because you had a fake girfriend....

It'll be because you spent the National Championship game on your ass

Hope that helps

Sincerely,

Even the most casual observer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-field/
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 pm

I can't say it enough. .. Ogletree >>>>>>>> Manti
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 pm

jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:46 pm

How many members of the Browns' "braintrust" does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock painted a fairly grim picture of the coming draft for a team holding a pick in the top 10. The Browns own the sixth pick in the first round.

On a conference call on Monday, Mayock said this draft has good depth but that it lacks impact players in the top 10. There are no quarterbacks worthy of taking above the 20th pick, Mayock said.

His top four players for the No. 1 overall pick are Alabama guard Chance Warmack, North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper, Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel and Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher. That’s a fairly unglamorous No. 1 overall pick, no matter the choice the Kansas City Chiefs ultimately make.

“I wouldn’t want a top 10 pick this year,” Mayock said. “I think the fifth pick in the draft and the 25th pick in this draft are very similar.”

For the record, Mayock tabs Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones as the best fit for the Browns at No. 6.

“I’m not as big on (Florida State defensive end) Bjoern Werner at six, or (Texas A&M linebacker) Damontre Moore at six,” Mayock said. “Other people will be, but I’m not. I think Jarvis Jones is the guy as long as he checks out medically.”

I'd be fine wit JJ.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Any idea if they're meeting in Berea, Knoxville or out in Austinburg at the Pilot/Flying J at 45 and 90?

The fact Mayock thinks #5 is the same as #25 in this draft is a good thing. Kind of accustomed to that here already when we're picking in the Top 5.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:59 pm

peeker643 wrote:Unless he needs an RV or an 8-ball he has no reason to contact that place these days ;-) ;) :wink:

That place was the Taj Mahal of racquetball/fitness facilities at one point. What a waste.

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

We are so screwed.

I just love the fact you got the reference of the Euclid that was.

War: Beff Corral.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Any idea if they're meeting in Berea, Knoxville or out in Austinburg at the Pilot/Flying J at 45 and 90?

The fact Mayock thinks #5 is the same as #25 in this draft is a good thing. Kind of accustomed to that here already when we're picking in the Top 5.

File this under zig when everyone zags, but you may never get the opportunity to trade UP for so little when everyone wants to trade down; if there is that "one guy" before the drop off....
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

How many members of the Browns' "braintrust" does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock painted a fairly grim picture of the coming draft for a team holding a pick in the top 10. The Browns own the sixth pick in the first round.

On a conference call on Monday, Mayock said this draft has good depth but that it lacks impact players in the top 10. There are no quarterbacks worthy of taking above the 20th pick, Mayock said.

His top four players for the No. 1 overall pick are Alabama guard Chance Warmack, North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper, Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel and Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher. That’s a fairly unglamorous No. 1 overall pick, no matter the choice the Kansas City Chiefs ultimately make.

“I wouldn’t want a top 10 pick this year,” Mayock said. “I think the fifth pick in the draft and the 25th pick in this draft are very similar.”

For the record, Mayock tabs Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones as the best fit for the Browns at No. 6.

“I’m not as big on (Florida State defensive end) Bjoern Werner at six, or (Texas A&M linebacker) Damontre Moore at six,” Mayock said. “Other people will be, but I’m not. I think Jarvis Jones is the guy as long as he checks out medically.”

I'd be fine wit JJ.

Me too. Except if we draft him his head will fall off from that spinal thingie mid-game. The refs will flag us for illegal removal of helmet. If anyone else takes him it's a non-issue for a decade of pro bowls.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Lombardi is stuffing himself with taquiters as we speak.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I'd be fine wit JJ.

Me too. Except if we draft him his head will fall off from that spinal thingie mid-game. The refs will flag us for illegal removal of helmet. If anyone else takes him it's a non-issue for a decade of pro bowls.

Better to burn out than to suck right away (to paraphrase Neil).
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 am

Might be enough to knock Milliner out of the Browns neighborhood of draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-surgery/

I know it ain't much, but shouldn't take a hell of a lot either.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 am

From the limited amount I've seen, I'm not a huge fan of Milliner anyway. If mediocre college QB's aren't afraid to throw at you, what'll happen when you get to the NFL?
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 am

Hikohadon wrote:From the limited amount I've seen, I'm not a huge fan of Milliner anyway. If mediocre college QB's aren't afraid to throw at you, what'll happen when you get to the NFL?

Yeah but did they complete them?

Milliner is a very good player and a fixture for a half decade at least, Hiko. Dunno his upside, but he'd be a damn solid pick. The surgury and perhaps inability to train hard to push under 4.5 likliy means he's there for us if we want.

I think it will be fascinating to see if Bumble 2 goes for the safe pick like Milliner (ala haden) or mad upside with high risk like Ansah. I'm strating to get hooked by Ansah.

I'm assuming Womak, JJ, and what's his butt from A&M are all gone before 6.
jb

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 am

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:From the limited amount I've seen, I'm not a huge fan of Milliner anyway. If mediocre college QB's aren't afraid to throw at you, what'll happen when you get to the NFL?

Doesn't change the fact that Brian Kelly looked at the Bama D and felt Milliner was the weak link. You think he didn't know that Milliner was considered a top 5 pick? Whatever he saw, NFL personnel will see.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

jb wrote:

Milliner is a very good player and a fixture for a half decade at least, Hiko. Dunno his upside, but he'd be a damn solid pick. The surgury and perhaps inability to train hard to push under 4.5 likliy means he's there for us if we want.

I think it will be fascinating to see if Bumble 2 goes for the safe pick like Milliner (ala haden) or mad upside with high risk like Ansah. I'm strating to get hooked by Ansah.

Yes. They did.

That's why I wasn't overly impressed.

He was right there, but he didn't stop them from catching the ball.

I'll not cry if they take him, but I don't think he's an elite talent.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:

Yes. They did.

That's why I wasn't overly impressed.

He was right there, but he didn't stop them from catching the ball.

I'll not cry if they take him, but I don't think he's an elite talent.

I didnt see him get baked much. But agree he's not an elite prospect.
jb

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Ugh......ugh elite? Don't know yet.

Top 10 pick? Yes.

He won't get past 7.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 am

pod2dawg wrote:Ugh......ugh elite? Don't know yet.

Top 10 pick? Yes.

He won't get past 7.

Yeah, that word should probably be banned.

Let's just say that I see Milliner as a guy that doesn't have as high a ceiling as I'd like for a 6th overall pick. Like Warmack, he'd be a nice, safe pick that would start for you for years but not have a huge impact on whether you won or lost.

For me, there are enough possibly very talented rush LB's that will be available that you just can't pass up, especially when transitioning to the 3-4 and having no high-impact pass rusher on the team.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:35 pm

^^ Fair enough. Womack is a freak. Buuut as you pointed out we need to put the heat on their QB so my FIRST choice is D. Moore from ATM. I love Jones but that spinal stenosis thing does not bode well with our health related issue/track record.

How about we get Anthony Spencer?....then flip a coin for Womack or Miliner?
pod2dawg

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 pm

pod2dawg wrote:^^ Fair enough. Womack is a freak. Buuut as you pointed out we need to put the heat on their QB so my FIRST choice is D. Moore from ATM. I love Jones but that spinal stenosis thing does not bode well with our health related issue/track record.

How about we get Anthony Spencer?....then flip a coin for Womack or Miliner?

I think Warmack IS a high-ceiling, "elite", whatever you want to call it prospect. I just think that having an "elite" Guard is only going to do so much for your team. There are certain positions that make a bigger impact than others, and Guard isn't one.

Now if you don't like any of the pass rushers, then sure, take a Warmack or Milliner.

But if you think any of those pass rushers have a chance of becoming game changers, then you take them over Warmack/Milliner 100 times out of 100.

And I STILL draft a pass rusher even if I get Anthony Spencer.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Top 10 pick? Yes.

He won't get past 7.

Let's just say that I see Milliner as a guy that doesn't have as high a ceiling as I'd like for a 6th overall pick. Like Warmack, he'd be a nice, safe pick that would start for you for years but not have a huge impact on whether you won or lost.

For me, there are enough possibly very talented rush LB's that will be available that you just can't pass up, especially when transitioning to the 3-4 and having no high-impact pass rusher on the team.

I like your analysis, Hiko. I think our first round draft falls into 3 categories. I anticipate that JJ will be this year's Aaron Curry & Eric Berry; the guy we want who we'll miss out on.

This leaves Group One: low ceiling, "safe" solid pick, position of need. Miiliner is the lead guy.

Group Two: high ceiling, high risk, not as proven, position of need, available. Deion Jordan comes to mind.

Group Three: high ceiling, low risk, low impact. many quality OLmen there. Personally I don't think Womack makes it to 6 this year, but if you draft him you just took Larry Little. All pro for a decade. Downside: guard....

It will be fascinating to see where Bumble & Bumble go.

My early money is on group two.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Top 10 pick? Yes.

He won't get past 7.

I like your analysis, Hiko. I think our first round draft falls into 3 categories. I anticipate that JJ will be this year's Aaron Curry & Eric Berry; the guy we want who we'll miss out on.

This leaves Group One: low ceiling, "safe" solid pick, position of need. Miiliner is the lead guy.

Group Two: high ceiling, high risk, not as proven, position of need, available. Deion Jordan comes to mind.

Group Three: high ceiling, low risk, low impact. many quality OLmen there. Personally I don't think Womack makes it to 6 this year, but if you draft him you just took Larry Little. All pro for a decade. Downside: guard....

Interesting. Can you break down the pass rushers into how you see them falling into those categories? Or have you given it some thought?

I just think that's the way they go, though if Warmack was there I'd take him. That simply put. I'd take him at 6 if he's there (and he won't be).

But how do you see the pass rushers lined up as to those those three groups? Because I see risk in almost all of them for one reason or other. Impact/ceiling are different stories. But I personally have a lot of questions with the pass rushers and even with the ones rated at top of the heap. Wonder where others see that falling out...

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:05 pm

I swear I am not related to he or his agent but I see NO risk in D. Moore. All the others yes. I don't think he will be available to us.
pod2dawg

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Top 10 pick? Yes.

He won't get past 7.

Interesting. Can you break down the pass rushers into how you see them falling into those categories? Or have you given it some thought?

I just think that's the way they go, though if Warmack was there I'd take him. That simply put. I'd take him at 6 if he's there (and he won't be).

But how do you see the pass rushers lined up as to those those three groups? Because I see risk in almost all of them for one reason or other. Impact/ceiling are different stories. But I personally have a lot of questions with the pass rushers and even with the ones rated at top of the heap. Wonder where others see that falling out...

You and Jay are probably looking closer than I, but gut and watching says Moore is close to group 3, tho I have seen some critical of his run D ability. I also think he's gone before we pick. I see JJ in group three, too, and despite some projections gut says he'll be gone.

I tend to see Borg Warner in Group one. Just don't think he has elite physical skills.

The rest are group 2 who may be there; Ansaeh, Jordan....

Your thoughts?
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Add Mingo to group 2.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm

This is from Banner's Combine presser, makes it sound like Ansah to me:

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/2013-nfl-combine-transcript-from-interview-with-browns-ceo-joe-banner-1.375742

There will be no whims, there will be no flying by the seat of our pants. So the idea of having a team that's aggressive, the players we bring in will be aggressive attacking competitive, mad as hell when we lose type of people. We're going to have an offensive and coordinator who are going to call a game with that kind of aggressiveness that we want our opponents to be on the defensive. We never want to be on the defensive. They're willing to take chances, which will occasionally blow up in our faces, but overall we think over time will prove to be successful. That will be true by the way on the player personnel front as well as the coaching front. That will be the mentality of the of the organization. So we're hiring people that will fit that culture, whether they be players, marketing people or coaches.”

Also, doesn't sound like they're taking Warmack:

Is No. 6 too high to take a guard?: “I mean if you knew he was John Hannah I guess maybe not but it wouldn’t fit. Again I wouldn’t rule anything out but it wouldn’t philosophically fit with how we’re approaching the priorities and how we’re building the team. That doesn’t mean that their isn’t exception or unusual situation or a player that’s so special that you wouldn’t look at.”

Doesn't sound like a 1st or 2nd round QB either:

So I’m not telling you we would or wouldn’t pick a quarterback in the first round or the second round, I’m just not doing that. But I’m also kind of I think implying that that’s not what I expect to have happen.

And we know this to be true since Joe doesn't lie to us:

I will not lie to anybody here. I will not mislead you. I may not answer you. I may be incomplete in my answer. You may be frustrated sometimes that you wish I would say more, I could be guilty of that. But if I answer a question directly, I’m telling you the truth to the best of my knowledge.”

Gotta say, that's certainly something I'd NEVER say if I were HMFIC. Can't do anything but blow up in your face.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Ziggy Ansah had a 4.63 40, FWIW.

Gurus at NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Bucky Brooks - Barkevious Mingo
Brian Billick - Cordarrelle Patterson
Scott Pioli - Jarvis Jones
Mike Tannenbaum - Chance Warmack

Tannenbaum, by the way, doesn't have either Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore going in the Top 10, which is all they've done so far. He seems like the guy at your fantasy draft that doesn't know what he's doing, but I guess we'll see.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Ziggy Ansah had a 4.63 40, FWIW.

Gurus at NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Bucky Brooks - Barkevious Mingo
Brian Billick - Cordarrelle Patterson
Scott Pioli - Jarvis Jones
Mike Tannenbaum - Chance Warmack

Tannenbaum, by the way, doesn't have either Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore going in the Top 10, which is all they've done so far. He seems like the guy at your fantasy draft that doesn't know what he's doing, but I guess we'll see.

That's not too bad for a guy who's 6'6" and 275lbs.

34 1/2 inch vertical leap and 118" broad jump.

Only 21 reps on the bench though.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Ziggy is going to become an enormous fan favorite pick in Cleveland leading up to the draft; his speed and size is going to leave a lot people just absolutely drooling. Dion Jordan is putting up comparable numbers, too.

We'll see how the FO manages risk/reward with those two....highest ceiling of the 5 pass rushing types, but also huge bust potential.

JJ was a huge favorite for the #1 overall defensive player halfway through the season (before the announced the stenosis) but he's going to fall a long way with the injury concerns. Guy at DBN (through a friend of a friend) says there may be more to his health problems than just the spinal narrowing, also.

For me, if you end up with Mingo, Jordan, or Ansah and manage to add a good 3-4 OLB to the mix through FA, you've gotten a pretty good head start at shoring up that defense.

With that in mind, i'm confident they take a guard or a punter.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Did I hear Moore did just 12 reps? I think that's right.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby scott » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Some interesting, depressing and batshit crazy notes about a lot of players in this article.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/draft-outlook-ik8s730-192799541.html

Damontre Moore*, DE, Texas A&M: "Doesn't run near like Mingo. He's a little bit stronger and a little bit stouter at the point. Just a puppy (20 years old)."

Jarvis Jones*, OLB, Georgia:"This year he played with some ankle and (leg) injuries and was nonexistent," another scout said. "In this league, you're not going to be 100%. This guy doesn't play hurt very well."

Sharrif Floyd*, DT, Florida: 6-2½, 297. "He's the best (defensive tackle) of the bunch," one scout said. "All he does is make plays." Played three years, finishing with 4½ sacks in 37 games (26 starts). "He could be a five-technique, a three-technique or line up on the shade (nose tackle)," another scout said. "He can rush the passer and play the run. Good all-around player."

Eddie Lacy*, RB, Alabama: "He's better than Trent Richardson,"one scout said. "Second round."

D.J. Fluker*, T, Alabama: "His (expletive) is bigger than a coffee table,"
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Probably a common opinion on Jones (who's tested fine regarding the stenosis in his neck from all reports) but I'm wary of taking a guy there who could be done with one stinger or shoulder/neck issue.

I know all these guys are a play away from permanent incapacitation, and Jones could go on to have a ten year, productive career, but if you take him at #6 I think you're paying a premium on the risks that come with him. 16 might be right, 26 clearly a big bargain. But it has to be factored into the equation if you ask me.

And Moore not only only put up 12 reps but he also tweaked a hammy running the 40. Not a good day for that kid.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm

They're measuring dick size at the combine now?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby fairvis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Mingo ran a 4.58 today, with a 37" vertical. Didn't lift. Would certainly be fine with him. I don't think Jones will be around to even think about, but his ceiling is higher then anyone else at rush LB. Kid can take over a game.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 pm

If Warmack is Will Shields 10 years from now, are we sitting back wishing we had just taken the best available? (If he is in fact the best available like many are saying)

Interested to see what Millner runs, by the way.

And I like Jordan head and shoulders over every other OLB/rush DL in this draft. He's got 15 lbs of muscle to put on after he gets that shoulder surgery and the frame to add it all. That said, I think he's goin #4.

1-Joeckel
2-Floyd
3-Mingo (wildcard here)
4-Jordan
5-Millner
6-Screwed...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 pm

A 5.32 for Big Hank isn't bad....

He's going to be a far better picked in the twenties 4-3 DT than Phil Taylor, I'd put money on that one.

And no, I have no Buckeye colored glasses, their are only two other plays in this class that even deserve to be drafted.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 am

Alabama CB Dee Milliner ran 4.31 and 4.37 forty-yard dash times at the NFL Scouting Combine Tuesday.

According to ESPN's Todd McShay, one NFL scout had Milliner at 4.29 on his first run (the 4.31, as alleged by NFL Network). NFL times used hand-held times at the stadium to gather their own forty times; they're not necessarily using the same forties we are. Nevertheless, these are blazing-fast times for a built-up, 6-foot, 201-pound cornerback. It's fair to say it'd now be a surprise if Milliner got past the Lions at the No. 5 overall pick.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 am

Milliner just ran a 4.31 and 4.37.

No reason to discuss him further since there's no way he even makes it to #6 now.

A conglumption of how it's sounding now...

1 - Luke Joeckel - KC
2 - Dee Milliner - JAX
3 - Sharrif Floyd - OAK
4 - Dion Jordan - PHI
5 - Ziggy Ansah - DET

I'd take Jarvis Jones if this scenario came to be.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 am

Hikohadon wrote:Milliner just ran a 4.31 and 4.37.

No reason to discuss him further since there's no way he even makes it to #6 now.

1 - Luke Joeckel - KC
2 - Dee Milliner - JAX
3 - Sharrif Floyd - OAK
4 - Dion Jordan - PHI
5 - Ziggy Ansah - DET

You think Detroit takes yet another DL? They may, but that's a situation that screams for trade up for the DB IMO. And I know you can't reasonably predict trades so it's hardly worth it. Just mentioning that would be a natural place for it if you're the Lions.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Milliner just ran a 4.31 and 4.37.

1 - Luke Joeckel - KC
2 - Dee Milliner - JAX
3 - Sharrif Floyd - OAK
4 - Dion Jordan - PHI
5 - Ziggy Ansah - DET

You think Detroit takes yet another DL? They may, but that's a situation that screams for trade up for the DB IMO. And I know you can't reasonably predict trades so it's hardly worth it. Just mentioning that would be a natural place for it if you're the Lions.

Yes, since they cut Vanden Bosch and might lose Avril. That might actually be their top priority. And Schwartz coached Ziggy at the Senior Bowl, rumor has it he's in love...
Hikohadon

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL