Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Terry Francona interview on Boston TV

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Terry Francona interview on Boston TV

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 am

WGBH, the Boston PBS station, has a 1/2 hour show hosted by Emily Rooney. Yup, she's Andy's daughter and sounds and looks pretty much like him. In spite of that she had a very nice "One Guest" episode featuring Tito, bringing him in mostly to talk about his book. They discussed much more than that though. Apparently she can do a really good interview when she has an excellent guest. The link below takes you to the WGBH page with the interview video. It's just under a half hour so grab a beer and sit back - Terry is really good. FWIW, my hubby isn't much of a pro sports fan (he's pretty much just Buckeyes football but I still love him ;-) ;) :wink: ) but after watching this he said "Francona was classy as ever".

http://www.wgbh.org/programs/Greater-Bo ... cona-43854
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Re: Terry Francona interview on Boston TV

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 am

Wait, he did an interview in Boston instead of Cleveland?! cue the Cleveland sports radio meltdown in 3...2...
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Since he release his book they've talked him up a lot around here. After last year's manager debacle the fans and media are reminiscing about the good years. He was in town promoting the book he co-wrote with Boston Globe sports writer Dan Shaughnessy. Tito was really missed this past season and he is still loved and admired in this town.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Glad to see they've forgiven the manager that brought them 2 World Championships.

Oh, what could have been if only Tito hadn't let Lackey eat chicken in the clubhouse.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:58 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Wait, he did an interview in Boston instead of Cleveland?! cue the Cleveland sports radio meltdown in 3...2...

Point taken, although there's a big difference btw Francona and Holmgren in the effort made to connect with fans here. And by definition, a point man for the Browns has an easier job than a counterpart for the Indians. Holmgren took his built in good will and let it wither on the vine. Then he went home to Seattle and became Mr. Personality again.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 pm

We need to find Francona a celebrity Cleveland girlfriend.

What's Allie LaForce up to these days?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB