Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Batting Practice Caps

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Batting Practice Caps

Unread postby ChoccoIndians » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

What do people think of our new batting practice caps for 2012?

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?ca ... =&view=all

I don't mind them, but like the 1st year we had the all red caps for our weekend games, there was too much blue in the uniforms and they looked out of place.

I actually wonder if this is the marketing department making moves towards making Red more of our Primary colour.

Hope the club shells out some extra money and gets the red helmet for weekend uniforms rather than just using the home helmet on weekends to finish off the red look, the batting helmets in my opinion look out of place on the weekend now.
Detroit, we are coming for the central division in 2014!!!
ChoccoIndians

Favorite Player: T Jack Bauer
Least Favorite Player: A-Rod

Re: Batting Practice Caps

Unread postby pup » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Hideous
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 pm

The all red top hats are awful looking to me.

The gray jerseys with CLEVELAND across the front with the blue Chief Wahoo caps have always been my favorite.

The cream weekend whites with INDIANS across the front with the blue C cap have grown on me as well.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby 1Perry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Boring. If someone wore this down the street I might initially think it was some random hat they picked out of a bin at a truck stop.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Not bad. I've always been partial to simpler designs, so I've always liked the block C. I do prefer the cap and brim are the same color. I liked the block letter unis in '94 before they went cursive.

I have one Tribe jersey and its from '93 with the Olin/Crews patch. I love that jersey.

I always liked the cream weekend unis a lot too.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 pm

That block C has gots to go. Awful. Boring. Derivative.

Bring back the script I.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby ChoccoIndians » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 am

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:That block C has gots to go. Awful. Boring. Derivative.

Bring back the script I.

With other teams using different logo's for their batting practice cap, I was surprised that Cleveland didn't go with the I script just to change it up a little.
Detroit, we are coming for the central division in 2014!!!
ChoccoIndians

Favorite Player: T Jack Bauer
Least Favorite Player: A-Rod

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am

Batting practice caps? Really?

If it helps them make the playoffs, I don't care if they wear Easter bonnets, pink tutus and purple tights.

Geez.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 am

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:That block C has gots to go. Awful. Boring. Derivative.

Bring back the script I.

It's grown on me, only because we appear to have no choice since the Chief is becoming a thing of the past. My go-to Tribe hat is the script I, but my next purchase will probably wind up being the block C.

But, the BP hats are ugly.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 am

What is it you don't like about the BP hats? Is it the color?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 am

motherscratcher wrote:What is it you don't like about the BP hats? Is it the color?

Just not a fan of the bright red.

My hat choice is very specific. Same brand (47 Brand), same color (blue), always fitted, simple logo on front.

My next purchase will either be this one or this one, not that you care.

I don't like the way the New Era hats fit and I definitely don't like all of the stupid ass colors, snapbacks, or paying $35+ for a hat.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am

I hate the block C and the bright red.

I want blue with either the script I or chief wahoo.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby ASPDawgpound12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 am

skatingtripods wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:What is it you don't like about the BP hats? Is it the color?

My hat choice is very specific. Same brand (47 Brand), same color (blue), always fitted, simple logo on front.

I don't like the way the New Era hats fit and I definitely don't like all of the stupid ass colors, snapbacks, or paying $35+ for a hat.

I'm pretty sure they killed off the Script I - Can't even find it in soft pretzel form anymore I don't think - It was one of my favorites

I do love the 1970's C that they used to have - That whole writing from that era was awesome
ASPDawgpound12

Favorite Player: Tyrone Hill
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby NH Tribe Fan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Script I was lame, it looked effeminate. I much prefer the block C.
NH Tribe Fan

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:08 pm

NH Tribe Fan wrote:Script I was lame, it looked effeminate. I much prefer the block C.

Agreed.

The blue block C hats with the red C are classy looking to me.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby ASPDawgpound12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Problem with the C is that if you aren't from here, you have no idea who the block C is for..... Too many teams use the C as a "logo"
ASPDawgpound12

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 pm

skatingtripods wrote:

The second hat you linked to is the one I've worn for about 8 years now. I love that hat...thought it was lost a few years back so I ordered a new one, then found the old one again. It was almost as happy a day as when my kids were born.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:31 pm

ASPDawgpound12 wrote:
I do love the 1970's C that they used to have - That whole writing from that era was awesome

Yes please...

The only Tribe hat I wear
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:43 pm

With respect to the new BP hats, I wish they'd at least outlined the C with white trim.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:54 pm

swerb wrote:
NH Tribe Fan wrote:Script I was lame, it looked effeminate. I much prefer the block C.

Agreed.

The blue block C hats with the red C are classy looking to me.

Yup. Block C on blue is the best. I do like the red hats. Especially if they are used sparingly with the cream unis on weekends, although I seem to be in the minority there.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

skatingtripods wrote:

I like both of those hats a lot. I haven't seen them before in that grey color.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Best Indians thing I've ever found was at a TJ Maxx or Marshalls around here. It's a red shirt with blue thermal long sleeves sewn in with INDIANS on the chest in the 70s font. Made by a company called Red Jacket. All their shirts are minimum $35, but I found this for $12.99 or something.

It's like this, but red and with the attached long sleeves: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/cleveland-i ... 32357.html

They have some awesome shit: www.redjacketclothing.com

Love this Padres shirt: http://redjacketclothing.com/collection ... ego-padres

I'm also a sucker for retro sports t-shirts. I've got some hockey shirts made by what seems to be a defunct company that was called Classic Sports Logos. I have the Minnesota Fighting Saints and the San Francisco Shamrocks.

Of course, there's Wright & Ditson: http://www.wrightandditson.com/collections/all/men

And Homage: http://www.homage.com/
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 pm

skatingtripods wrote:

I have the one in the first link .... it is my go to lid. Fits great. Like the hats that shape to your head .... don't know how anyone wears the ones with the stiff top.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:12 pm

swerb wrote:I have the one in the first link .... it is my go to lid. Fits great. Like the hats that shape to your head .... don't know how anyone wears the ones with the stiff top.

Agreed. I can't stand the way New Era hats fit, even the normal ones. The Franchise/47 Brand ones are definitely the best.

I also have no idea how men can wear an adjustable hat. Girls need a spot for the ponytail, I get that. But, I can't imagine wearing a hat that isn't fitted.

Unrelated, I can't believe how far this thread has gone.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Best Indians thing I've ever found was at a TJ Maxx or Marshalls around here. It's a red shirt with blue thermal long sleeves sewn in with INDIANS on the chest in the 70s font. Made by a company called Red Jacket. All their shirts are minimum $35, but I found this for $12.99 or something.

It's like this, but red and with the attached long sleeves: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/cleveland-i ... 32357.html

They have some awesome shit: http://www.redjacketclothing.com

I'm also a sucker for retro sports t-shirts. I've got some hockey shirts made by what seems to be a defunct company that was called Classic Sports Logos. I have the Minnesota Fighting Saints and the San Francisco Shamrocks.

Of course, there's Wright & Ditson: http://www.wrightandditson.com/collections/all/men

this post is a freakin' gold mine.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Best Indians thing I've ever found was at a TJ Maxx or Marshalls around here. It's a red shirt with blue thermal long sleeves sewn in with INDIANS on the chest in the 70s font. Made by a company called Red Jacket. All their shirts are minimum $35, but I found this for $12.99 or something.

They have some awesome shit: http://www.redjacketclothing.com

I love Homage, and here in Columbus its big deal. I own three of their shirts I recieved as gifts or through a free promotion (.10 beer night, a buckeye nut house shirt, and the Jewish rec bball league shirt (my fav)), as much as I like their product, I just cant bring myself to pay $28 for a t-shirt out of my own pocket.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 pm

motherscratcher wrote:this post is a freakin' gold mine.

Check out that Marshalls at Avon Commons periodically. It's hit or miss with finding some of the Indians stuff, but I've found quite a few Wright & Ditson Tribe shirts at TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Actually found a Hartford Whalers hockey one once. Usually less than $15, which is awesome given how much they are to buy online.

I forgot to add www.47brand.com too. You can get 47 Brand Tribe stuff at the team shops, sometimes on clearance. Saw an awesome grey t-shirt with the '73-'79 logo at the one at South Park, but they didn't have my size.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Govbarney wrote:I love Homage, and here in Columbus its big deal. I own three of their shirts I recieved as gifts or through a free promotion (.10 beer night, a buckeye nut house shirt, and the Jewish rec bball league shirt (my fav)), as much as I like their product, I just cant bring myself to pay $28 for a t-shirt out of my own pocket.

The Heater from Van Meter shirt is phenomenal. Nearly grabbed it the last time I was at Easton. Did grab some of the 10 cent beer night plastic cups, though.

Homage stuff is really nice. That's what sucks about this retro stuff. Paying $28 and up for a t shirt seems ludicrous. If I had a ton of money, I'd have so much of this stuff I couldn't wear it all in a year.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby ASPDawgpound12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
ASPDawgpound12 wrote:

Yes please...

The only Tribe hat I wear

I want everything in that style - have an old school T w/ that writing
ASPDawgpound12

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

^ I have a red Nike hoodie with a patch of the logo below

Just another reminder of the Chief up above Gate D at the old place

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 pm

^ That's the shirt I saw at the South Park Team Shop that was on clearance.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:^ I have a red Nike hoodie with a patch of the logo below

Just another reminder of the Chief up above Gate D at the old place

Mine as well wear a Klan hood with that racist shirt....wait...am I in the right thread?

And the best way to make a cap look good is placing it atop a PLAYA.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Rich dropping links to Red Jacket apparel on Twitter. Glad at least one of my posts appears to have value. :nanner:
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:47 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Rich dropping links to Red Jacket apparel on Twitter. Glad at least one of my posts appears to have value. :nanner:

Yes - thank you. That tee is sweet. Was all over that shit like a fat kid on a piece of cake.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby 1Perry » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:01 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
swerb wrote:I have the one in the first link .... it is my go to lid. Fits great. Like the hats that shape to your head .... don't know how anyone wears the ones with the stiff top.

Agreed. I can't stand the way New Era hats fit, even the normal ones. The Franchise/47 Brand ones are definitely the best.

I also have no idea how men can wear an adjustable hat. Girls need a spot for the ponytail, I get that. But, I can't imagine wearing a hat that isn't fitted.

Unrelated, I can't believe how far this thread has gone.

I have a couple I wear when I'm riding my motorcycle (It's an old Honda Dream with no bags or storage). I can clip the back of the hat to the rear grab bar and grab it when I get to where I'm going.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby neoleo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 am

The GV Art guys always have a good collection too.

http://gvartwork.myshopify.com/collecti ... collection
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB