Text Size

College Sports Arena

The "U"

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

The "U"

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 am

Its been so long , I almost forgot about this schools little "issue". But the NCAA dropped the big one today "Lack of Institutional Control". I felt from the beginning this one could be the Death Penalty, and I am still feeling that way, but because of Mark Emmerts own issues with this case he might be more inclined to be lenient, that being said I cant imagine him giving him any less then what PSU got.

Sidenote: Meyer refused to go after PSU guys after their bowl bans , b/c they didn't go after his when he received a ban. Do you think that same curtesy is extended towards a ACC school?
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: The "U"

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 am

I really don't care what happens to The U. But the NCAA investigative process needs to be completely burned to the ground and re-structured. We've all known they have been a hypocritical charade for some time; this is the proof.

Can someone please slap an LOIC on the 2A?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:33 am

First off, fuck The U. Whatever happens they ultimately brought it on themselves.

But fuck the NCAA a thousand times worse. They couldn't have screwed up this ridiculous bumblefuck of an investigation any worse if Jimmy was running the show. The NCAA is a way worse problem than any "rogue" football program with supporters like Nevin Shapiro who are too stupid to at least try to not flaunt their violations.

Miami is right in this case. They self imposed sanctions and the investigation was a mess. That should be that. Just because tOSU got railroaded doesn't mean everyone should.

You're right, the death penalty should be in play in this case. But not for The U.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am

Govbarney wrote:Sidenote: Meyer refused to go after PSU guys after their bowl bans , b/c they didn't go after his when he received a ban. Do you think that same curtesy is extended towards a ACC school?

Maybe because he had already picked over the decaying carcass that was PSU football by the time the sanctions came down. Meyer had already flipped PSU commits Cam Williams, Armani Reeves and Joey O'Connor after the Sandusky shit hit the fan (but before the sanctions were announced)and had landed the biggest Pennsylvania prize, Noah Spence, who wasn't committed, but was thought to be a PSU lean. There was nobody left that he wanted when the bowl ban and scholarship cuts were announced. It wasn't courtesy. Meyer has yet to be accused of that, where recruiting is concerned.

EDIT: As for the class of '13, Meyer offered the TE Breneman, and there was really no one else he was interested in. Those '13 kids all committed to PSU with their eyes open as to what the deal was and is there.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 am

The U's strategy is already apparent, based on Shalala's statement yesterday...and who can blame them? Put the focus on the lack of integrity and professionalism of the NCAA as a way to undermine whatever findings they come up with, and continue to question the legitimacy of any sanctions they impose. Play the victim..and the best defense is a good offense......lessons Shalala learned from Bill Clinton.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm hoping they give the U the Death Penalty just so there's a greater chance that Mike Irvin suffers an aneurysm and is rendered inable to speak ever again.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby furls » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am

Can always count on Hiko to bring the strong stuff.

Only thing I hate worse than scUM is the NCAA and its sham "student-athlete" amateur bullshit. I hate that organization and I hope that PSU's antitrust suit cripples it.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 am

Hikohadon wrote:I'm hoping they give the U the Death Penalty just so there's a greater chance that Mike Irvin suffers an aneurysm and is rendered inable to speak ever again.

hatas gotta hate

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I'm hoping they give the U the Death Penalty just so there's a greater chance that Mike Irvin suffers an aneurysm and is rendered inable to speak ever again.

hatas gotta hate

I is a hata and proud of it.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Return to College Sports Arena