Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

so, uh, Alex Smith?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: so, uh, Alex Smith?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I must be a fool. I thought the faster, smarter, more experienced, more athletic, better-in-every way thing did that.

And Weeden hasn't wronged me, he was just wrong from jump. Holding onto him because you were okay initially is ignorant and flat-out dumb.

Prove to me he's the guy. Very simple.....go.

Lord god... ::doh::

I don't need to prove shit b/c I don't give a shit about Weeden. You're the only one talking about Weeden, numb nuts.

The conversation was TRYING to be about Alex Smith, not He Who Shall Not Be Named. As far as I'm concerned, they have NOTHING to do with each other because I'm pretty sure they're going to replace Weeden with SOMEONE, so he's very likely not going to be part of the equation anyway.

"Alex Smith is better than Weeden" doesn't mean anything to me. Neither does "Alex Smith is WAY better than Weeden". Because neither of them makes me noticeably more excited to get Alex Smith than [insert a whole buncha names here] because I feel that Alex Smith is Mediocre, and it took him a long fucking time just to get that far.

If you want me to get excited about Alex Fucking Smith, you'd have to compare him favorably to GOOD QB's.

Otherwise, he's still King of Meh.

EDIT - And I still acknowledge that he's probably the best option that will be available (at least for the short term). Just that if the Browns fail to get him, I'm not gonna lose a ton of sleep over it.

Lord God- ::doh::

I'm talking about Weeden because he's the fucking quarterback and because he blows. Replace him with JB and I'd be happy. Replace him with Alex Smith and I'm happier because Smith is better than JB (if not more entertaining) Just fucking replace him and move to the next option so people like you and everyone else that fails to see what's so obvious can laugh about their support of the guy and move on and complain about Smith. The QB of the Browns blows goats. Get another fucking QB of the Browns. No one is losing sleep over it. But a few people are clinging to way too much pride.

Just get a guy that can play fer fucksake. I don't care who it is anymore than you do but I do KNOW WHO IT AIN'T EVER GONNA BE.

Now, lets talk guards. Is there one out there that upgrades this OL the day he signs?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:I'm talking about Weeden because he's the fucking quarterback and because he blows. Replace him with JB and I'd be happy. Replace him with Alex Smith and I'm happier because Smith is better than JB (if not more entertaining) Just fucking replace him and move to the next option so people like you and everyone else that fails to see what's so obvious can laugh about their support of the guy and move on and complain about Smith. The QB of the Browns blows goats. Get another fucking QB of the Browns. No one is losing sleep over it. But a few people are clinging to way too much pride.

Just get a guy that can play fer fucksake. I don't care who it is anymore than you do but I do KNOW WHO IT AIN'T EVER GONNA BE.

Who are you having this argument with? If you think it's me, you dumber than I thought.

Apes do read philosophy, they just don't understand it.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:55 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I'm talking about Weeden because he's the fucking quarterback and because he blows. Replace him with JB and I'd be happy. Replace him with Alex Smith and I'm happier because Smith is better than JB (if not more entertaining) Just fucking replace him and move to the next option so people like you and everyone else that fails to see what's so obvious can laugh about their support of the guy and move on and complain about Smith. The QB of the Browns blows goats. Get another fucking QB of the Browns. No one is losing sleep over it. But a few people are clinging to way too much pride.

Who are you having this argument with? If you think it's me, you dumber than I thought.

They neither read it nor understand.

It's a lot like the NFL QB position in that way.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Yes. It is.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Yes. It is.

No time for ultra-clever signature games once I left my teen years behind. No inclination to ever head back there. You go crazy though. Many say the last six months indicate you're almost there. Godspeed. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 pm

:pop: :pop:

Interest in alex smith coming here+weeden::interest in curling and antique roadshow

There's just no tantalizing upgrades anywhere for QB, in draft or FA. I'm pretty well convinced Vick stays in Philly and restructures, and the draft options are meh, and the FA qbs are mediocre.

Take a flier on a mid round qb, Let Weeden do his thing for free and if/when he sucks, try again in the draft next year. Just don't trade anything above a 4th for Goddamn Mallet.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 pm

Alex Smith in the fold may prevent the new 4-headed draft quadrumvirate from way over-reaching at some point in the near future for another QB bust.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote::pop: :pop:

Interest in alex smith coming here+weeden::interest in curling and antique roadshow

There's just no tantalizing upgrades anywhere for QB, in draft or FA. I'm pretty well convinced Vick stays in Philly and restructures, and the draft options are meh, and the FA qbs are mediocre.

Take a flier on a mid round qb, Let Weeden do his thing for free and if/when he sucks, try again in the draft next year. Just don't trade anything above a 4th for Goddamn Mallet.

I have zero interest in Mallet.

Similar skill set and weaknesses as Weeden IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:45 pm

peeker643 wrote:No time for ultra-clever signature games once I left my teen years behind. No inclination to ever head back there. You go crazy though. Many say the last six months indicate you're almost there. Godspeed. ;-) ;) :wink:

Many, huh?

Do these "many" also have the inability to process and understand the hieroglyphics "many" call words?

But I'll gladly revisit my teen years if I can take my body with me.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:No time for ultra-clever signature games once I left my teen years behind. No inclination to ever head back there. You go crazy though. Many say the last six months indicate you're almost there. Godspeed. ;-) ;) :wink:

Many, huh?

Do these "many" also have the inability to process and understand the hieroglyphics "many" call words?

But I'll gladly revisit my teen years if I can take my body with me.

They must struggle with it. Clearly, if they're not in whatever camp you're in on a given day. Or they've been rendered dizzy watching you spin. ;-) ;) :wink:

Say what you will, I just revisited the draft thread. That was funny. Zero difficulty knowing where I stood before, during or after. I think I was standing next to you for much of it. My thoughts definitely made known. No waffling or wavering.

And I was 5'2", 110lbs as junior in high school. I don't want that back at all :cheers:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 am

I think a lot of what you call "spin" is manufactured/misinterpretation by you, but it doesn't really matter. I can definitely say that I've ridden many a roller coaster of opinion on many a Cleveland QB. Opinions have a habit of changing as more data is collected. Naturally, I came to disdain each and every one of them eventually, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have such a poor opinion of all of them when they started.

The conclusion I've come to is that I know nothing - just like everybody else. A bunch of guys that get paid lots of money to pick players included.

I thought Weeden would be better than he was. With a year's worth of data, I see I was probably wrong. BFD. Everyone here has been wrong numerous times. No one's writing "Right About Weeden" on their gravestone (at least I hope not).

Hell, I think I wrote something glowing about Colt after either the Pats or Jets game in 2010. Yet I'd already given up on him by the end of the season. Data has a way of fucking up your notions. I don't have anything invested in these guys - I can change my opinions on them whenever I damn well please.

(Kind of like the way you'll turn on Alex Smith after he gets booed off the field halfway through the 2014 season). ;-) ;) :wink:

Fuck, it sucks that I'm still working. So tired... the baby can sense when I'm about to fall asleep, I think, and has decided that it's never too early to start torturing me.
Hikohadon

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am

For NFL players who attempted more than 13 passes this year, Smith is ranked 3rd in QB rating behind two stiffs named Rodgers and Manning. With yards per attempt being virtually identical as the aforementioned stiffs.
Attachments
NFLQBRatings.jpg
NFLQBRatings.jpg (106.33 KiB) Viewed 3941 times
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 am

Hikohadon wrote:I think a lot of what you call "spin" is manufactured/misinterpretation by you, but it doesn't really matter. I can definitely say that I've ridden many a roller coaster of opinion on many a Cleveland QB. Opinions have a habit of changing as more data is collected. Naturally, I came to disdain each and every one of them eventually, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have such a poor opinion of all of them when they started.

The conclusion I've come to is that I know nothing - just like everybody else. A bunch of guys that get paid lots of money to pick players included.

I thought Weeden would be better than he was. With a year's worth of data, I see I was probably wrong. BFD. Everyone here has been wrong numerous times. No one's writing "Right About Weeden" on their gravestone (at least I hope not).

Hell, I think I wrote something glowing about Colt after either the Pats or Jets game in 2010. Yet I'd already given up on him by the end of the season. Data has a way of fucking up your notions. I don't have anything invested in these guys - I can change my opinions on them whenever I damn well please.

(Kind of like the way you'll turn on Alex Smith after he gets booed off the field halfway through the 2014 season). ;-) ;) :wink:

Fuck, it sucks that I'm still working. So tired... the baby can sense when I'm about to fall asleep, I think, and has decided that it's never too early to start torturing me.

Yes- plenty wrong plenty of times. But there is value in looking at these guys objectively and in some depth before they get drafted. It eliminates the brown and orange colored view of a guy or minimizes it anyway. And we all get that, myself more than included.

You can't ever know, like you said. "Experts" eff up picks, like you said. A lot of it is based on projection, like you said. But there are objective points of data as well. Those were not good.

Not an expert. Neither is Jason. But I'll tell ya, you look at some of the stuff on T.Y. Hilton and Mohamed Sanu and it was close. There was time spent on watching that stuff and watching some of those players. You watch these guys and their games as much as you can and you can at least start to cut through some of the subjectivity that them being chosen here immediately brings forth.

That's all. And if you watched the guy and saw the issues you have to shake your head at the end result. I have really strong feelings now because I had really strong feelings before, and professionals making the selection despite all the objective reasons not to pissed me off because they did it in their own self interest and set all of us fans back 3 years to try and grasp at something that might save their ass.

It's done. I want to move on and not complain about it. Someone else here playing the position is the only way that happens for me. Otherwise I'm waking up every day with an annoying ex-wife who I hate, standing in my kitchen fucking up my shit and constantly reminding me how much I loathe her. ;-) ;) :wink:

And I honestly think Smith is a solid QB. How much more effective he can be here than the other guys, who knows. I'm willing to find out because I think it will be significantly better and I'm willing to take a chance even if he blows goats.

Enjoy the baby, dude. You know how it works. Before long you'll miss the late night nuisances. Well, maybe not. But enjoy every minute anyway.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 am

peeker643 wrote:You can't ever know, like you said. "Experts" eff up picks, like you said. A lot of it is based on projection, like you said. But there are objective points of data as well. Those were not good.

Yes, but 2 people can objectively look at the same data points and come to different conclusions. Such as people did with Blaine Gabbert.

And if this were 2011 and you looked at the data points supplied by Alex Smith so far in his career, most people would objectively vomit.

We shall see what they do at QB. Like I said, I don't really care, none of the options are overly appealing. Alex Smith would likely be the best of a number of mediocre options. But I'm probably predicting 6-10 with whomever they roll out at QB.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:31 am

OldDawg wrote:For NFL players who attempted more than 13 passes this year, Smith is ranked 3rd in QB rating behind two stiffs named Rodgers and Manning. With yards per attempt being virtually identical as the aforementioned stiffs.

All of them dwarfed by the incomparable Derek Anderson.

(Actually, I think that the QB we already have here is very comparable, but que sera sera...)
Hikohadon

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 pm

"I think Norv and Chud have been very open that they like a lot of what Brandon (Weeden) does, but we're going to have competition at that position, and I think competition makes us all better and we'll see where that competition comes from,'' JH3

Translation: Don't get to attached to the mistakes of the past regime.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Govbarney wrote:
"I think Norv and Chud have been very open that they like a lot of what Brandon (Weeden) does, but we're going to have competition at that position, and I think competition makes us all better and we'll see where that competition comes from,'' JH3

Translation: Don't get to attached to the mistakes of the past regime.

Naturally. This regime will want to make mistakes that are all their own.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Pretty exciting to go from a totally off the radar owner to a giant attention whore.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

We have no idea what an attention whore looks like ROUN' DEEZ PURTS

Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:21 pm

LeBron is a lot of things, but attention whore isn't one of them. He's never needed to look for the spotlight, it's always been on him. Redneck is constantly trying to keep himself in the news by saying stupid shit.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:25 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:LeBron is a lot of things, but attention whore isn't one of them. He's never needed to look for the spotlight, it's always been on him. Redneck is constantly trying to keep himself in the news by saying stupid shit.

Yeah, but truckers love the guy. Hot showers and food courts, baby!
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

On a serious note, am I the only person in the world that thought Randy Jammies was the best kind of owner? I mean if any one of the five NFL hand picked Browns runners worked out he would have happily just sat in the background, wrote checks and not fucked with anything.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:56 pm

LeBron is 100% right.

And he'd still be a Cav if not for the max salary problems.

I don't fault people for speaking the truth. The amount of money LBJ brings into the NBA is billions times more than what he is paid by the league.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:LeBron is 100% right.

And he'd still be a Cav if not for the max salary problems.

I don't fault people for speaking the truth. The amount of money LBJ brings into the NBA is billions times more than what he is paid by the league.

Jimmy Haslem is 100% right.

The Browns need a QB and will have a competition next year which will make everyone better (not good though).

So, LeBron brings in 34 BILLION ducks to that league?

The best kind of owner doesn't fuck up 5 shots at hiring someone to run their business while they are sitting back counting the days until they are legally allowed to sell that business.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah and maybe tomorrow Redneck will talk about maybe putting a Dome on the stadium to drum up another article.

Redneck is trying REALLY hard to be in the press as much as possible. And he hired MIKE LOMBARDI.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah and maybe tomorrow Redneck will talk about maybe putting a Dome on the stadium to drum up another article.

Redneck is trying REALLY hard to be in the press as much as possible. And he hired MIKE LOMBARDI.

^^^^^^^
It doesn't matter what Haslam does or says....he hired Joe Banner who hired Mike Lombardi

Unis...dome....Surrender towels.....non of it matters because he's the guy who hired Joe Bannner who hired Mike Lombardi

Joe Banner wants to bring in Michael Fucking Vick....Lombardi wants Mallet

JFC...... :gah:

It not only doesn't matter who the Browns QB is....it doesn't matter who the Browns QB is gonna be....
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:54 am

LeBron left Cleveland b/c of how easy a path he had to a championship by what went down with Miami, his destination.

It's been covered ad nauseaum.

He might not be a villain for the move itself, but he's gutless for the path he took, and he certainly isn't a hero for taking less money to ride such a road paved in yellow brick.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 pm

LeBron IS an attention whore.

So is Jim Bob.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
It not only doesn't matter who the Browns QB is....it doesn't matter who the Browns QB is gonna be....

It will in 2014 when Teddy Bridgewater comes out.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Seriously don't care what LeBron does.

I don't think that Haslam is some sort of savior. I do think he's better than Randy, but, outside of that? Whatever.

Until results on the field change, it's still the same thing. You're still the worst team in the AFC North, with an unproven QB (likely average if we're lucky), and an unproven Head Coach with some decent coordinators.

Do we have that Coach/Quarterback that Mr. Rooney kept telling Modell about back in the day? No? Then we're still back where we started.

I'm not against bringing in Alex Smith, I just don't think he's that elite quarterback that will be able to get you to where you want the franchise to be. I can't see the guy hoisting a Lombardi or hell, even just leading us to the playoffs. I could be very much wrong on that, but it doesn't matter.

The elite quarterback that we all are clamoring for is either going to be some random prospect in this years draft or Bridgewater/Manziel in 2014.

I do think it's smart to have a competition though. And, no, I'm not talking about bringing in Thadeus Lewis. I'm talking about taking a shot on a few guys, whether it's in the draft (late, mind you), stealing some guy from the CFL or going after a Alex Smith and seeing if you can either find a long term or a short team solution via said competition.

Whatever, all I'm asking for is to make the sucking stop, and make it stop now. No 5 year plans, no "rebuilding years", put a team on the field that can at the very least compete for a wildcard spot. Don't sell us the damn lies anymore.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby 1Perry » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:20 pm

I've been hearing these rumors and finally broke down and decided to visit and see if there was anything more solid here (there wasn't).

That said, I agree that if the Browns can get Smith without giving up much it's an improvement over Weeden and what the heck, an improvement is an improvement. I just can't bring myself to hope for 4-12 to improve the draft position.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Interesting.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/ ... smith.html

Can't help but think that with only shitballs like Geno Smith being available via draft that Alex Smith is going to be expensive in terms of a deal.

Also heard the name 'Carson Palmer' mentioned as potential competition for Weeden.

I'd rather have Weeden.

Do you understand EXACTLY what that means I think about Palmer?

Same thing as being forced to watch either 'Ishtar' or 'Drop Dead Fred' on a loop all day long.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Hiko is going to come tell you Drop Dead Fred is an excellent piece of cinema.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Carson Palmer? Ick.

Somewhat interested in Matt Moore (as interested as you can be about a guy like that).

Tarvaris Jackson? Slight interest.

The rest of the FA's are chaff.

Nobody available in a trade that's worth trading for.

Interested in maybe Manuel or Wilson in the 3rd, if still there. Still a shot in the dark, tho.

Smith is prob the only likely sure "upgrade".
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Hiko is going to come tell you Drop Dead Fred is an excellent piece of cinema.

You are vastly incorrect on that.

Now if he starts talking shit about Starship Troopers, it's on.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm

<-- I've got your back on that one. Starship Troopers >>>>>> everything
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:35 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:<-- I've got your back on that one. Starship Troopers >>>>>> everything

I've never seen it. Heard it discussed a lot. But never seen it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:<-- I've got your back on that one. Starship Troopers >>>>>> everything

I've never seen it. Heard it discussed a lot. But never seen it.

Have you ever seen Aliens?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
As I reported last week, SF had Alex Smith trade agreed upon, very likely with KC. Can confirm @JayGlazer report KC is definitely the team

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Chiefs will trade second-round pick this year - the top pick in second round - as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Wow, that 2nd rounder is as good as a 1st rounder, really. Is Butch Davis running the show in KC?
Hikohadon

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Looking at the QB's availible this year, no one special.

But look at the list of the seniors and underclassmen eligible to declare for next year( SENIORS: McCarren, L. Thomas, A. Murray, Tajh Boyd; 3yrs removed from HS: T. Bridgewater, Mansiel, Blake Bell, C. Trinkett)

If EJ Manuel isn't there in 3rd Round, There should be a more then a few to choose from next year...I hope Browns don't reach for someone this year in the first 3 rounds. Another year of Weeds, McCoy, or scrapheap qb play won't kill us for next year as much as adding another name to the mix to compete for playing time.
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby fairvis » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 am

I don't want a 2013 QB for this reason. 2014 QB class is really stacked. McCarron is really a prototypical pro-style QB (yes, his O-Line is awesome and RBs have been amazing, but still, one doesn't complete 67% of your passes with a 30 TD/3 INT ratio by being a game manager), and Teddy Bridgewater has the next level that just isn't present in these guys this year.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:20 pm

fairvis wrote:I don't want a 2013 QB for this reason. 2014 QB class is really stacked. McCarron is really a prototypical pro-style QB (yes, his O-Line is awesome and RBs have been amazing, but still, one doesn't complete 67% of your passes with a 30 TD/3 INT ratio by being a game manager), and Teddy Bridgewater has the next level that just isn't present in these guys this year.

From your keyboard to Joe Banner's ears. Hear us, Joe!
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Wild Thang
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am

Amazing to see KC at 5-0. Say what you will about the competition, etc, but if Alex Smith an Brian Hoyer show us anything, it's that merely competent play from your QB is good enough to win with against teams that don't get that.

Smith and Hoyer ranked 18th and 20th respectively in Passer Rating but their teams had absolutely woeful play from the position before that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 am

Reid's a good coach too, and it wasn't like Kansas City was devoid of talent IMO.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:27 am

Triple-S wrote:Reid's a good coach too, and it wasn't like Kansas City was devoid of talent IMO.

Even more clear that competency is key.

You watch with Weeden back how OL, RBs and TE all seem to suck at a higher level than they did with Hoyer acting quickly and getting the ball away.

This is going to be ugly and entire team (defense included) and coaching staff will wear it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:51 am

peeker643 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Reid's a good coach too, and it wasn't like Kansas City was devoid of talent IMO.

Even more clear that competency is key.

You watch with Weeden back how OL, RBs and TE all seem to suck at a higher level than they did with Hoyer acting quickly and getting the ball away.

This is going to be ugly and entire team (defense included) and coaching staff will wear it.

Right.

I'm really frustrated right now because I believe that with the type of QB you're talking about? The Browns make the playoffs. ESPECIALLY with how godawful the AFC North is this year.

Weeds ain't lasting the Detroit game, that much is clear.

Triple-S

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Triple-S wrote:Weeds ain't lasting the Detroit game, that much is clear.

It is?

Methinks it much more likely Weeds starts the rest of the year than any other option. Doesn't matter what we think.

Just too much hyperbole and use of absolutes regarding the QB position nowadays (and I've been as guilty as any).
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:but if Alex Smith an Brian Hoyer show us anything, it's that merely competent play from your QB is good enough to win with against teams that don't get that.

rare for me to say this but I coulndt agree with Peeker any more.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL