Text Size

The Back Of The Net

FAO Daz

Talk Cleveland City Stars, World Cup, MLS, and all other forms of pro soccer here in TheClevelandFan's newest forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Spin

FAO Daz

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm

2-0!!
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: FAO Daz

Unread postby Squints » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Liverpool's a gash. Hope I used that word correctly!
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:28 am

haha "Liverpool are gash"

But we never mock those who are trying ;)
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 pm

What a fucking abortion of a game. It seems my Cleveland fandom also applies to teams across the pond. Been following 'Pool since college and I got one year of Champion's League glory in 2005 and its been downhill since then(save for last year's Carling Cup, hoo-fucking-ra).

Speaking of abortions, that Daniel Agger. F me what a bonehead. He cost us a goal vs Man City, was responsible for BOTH goals yesterday as well as inexplicably missing a gift-wrapped cross from Downing that would have put them up 1-0. Guy is a complete mental midget under any duress. Also, Shelvey can ride the pine or go out on loan at any time. Hes got an awful first touch, is indecisive and has no creativity to play the role Rodgers wants him to.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:50 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:What a fucking abortion of a game. It seems my Cleveland fandom also applies to teams across the pond. Been following 'Pool since college and I got one year of Champion's League glory in 2005 and its been downhill since then(save for last year's Carling Cup, hoo-fucking-ra).

Speaking of abortions, that Daniel Agger. F me what a bonehead. He cost us a goal vs Man City, was responsible for BOTH goals yesterday as well as inexplicably missing a gift-wrapped cross from Downing that would have put them up 1-0. Guy is a complete mental midget under any duress. Also, Shelvey can ride the pine or go out on loan at any time. Hes got an awful first touch, is indecisive and has no creativity to play the role Rodgers wants him to.

the 3-0 scoreline flattered us at the start of the season when we beat you at home, and 2-0 was more than we deserved last night.
We had good possession but we are more of a high-percentage shot taking kind of team, whereas Liverpool seem to shoot on sight a bit more (which explains the massive discrepancy in the shots on goal stat) because the stats do not reflect the reality of the game at all.

I think a Liverpool loss was harsh, but you need to take those chances.
Foster was the difference maker

I am still annoyed that Clarke thought 0 shots on goal after 70 mins was good enough not to make any changes before the hour mark.

JT should have started. With Odemwingie in the doghouse, Thomas is our only outlet in terms of pace and running at defences.

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Squints » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Instead of creating new threads on this low-traffic forum, I'll just add on to dead threads:

Anyone here watch the West Ham/Spurs game this afternoon? Gareth Bale, what a player! It did waste some spectacular goal keeping by the West Ham goalie- can't save 'em all. Spurs to third- Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal separated by 4 points for the last two Champs League spots. And yes, Villa in the drop zone!
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Return to The Back Of The Net