Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Sports Media Vomit

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Which will be the most nauseating Super Bowl story this year?

The Brothers Harbaugh and who Mom and Dad will be rooting for.
9%
God Loves Ray Lewis and what murder?
89%
Mommy abandoned Colin Kaepernick but now she loves him again.
3%
Some Safety falls down on a ball thrown up for grabs and now Joe Flacco is "elite".
No votes

Total votes : 35

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 pm

I think the only solution to the Peeker/Hiko divide is you two taking a group appointment at Mother's Dental Shop of Horrors.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm

peeker643 wrote:A lot of people still slob Eli's knob for those kind of late season and playoff runs. I'd put Flacco in that category. And that's good enough and IMO it ain't anything close to Pandora's Box being opened and announcing a bunch of shit birds or mediocrities are now ready to win a Super Bowl.

Rightfully so; the guy has two rings. Flaco wins this one and Lubber can slob his knob all either one of them wants.

Maybe the NFL is becoming the NHL - come playoff time all you need is the hot QB/Goalie?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:To HooDoo's point, there are many arguments that can be made here.

If Flacco wins, does that make him elite?

Was he elite before he won the SB?

Or is he still just the ordinary Joe that he always was, and does that bolster the concept that you don't need an "elite" QB to win a Ring (even though it obviously helps)?

SB or no SB, I feel that any one of these QB's is better RIGHT NOW than Flacco: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, Cutler, Newton, Ryan.

Some of those can obviously be argued, but I think it is clear that Flacco isn't a Top 10 QB no matter if he wins the Lombardi or not.

And then you have to wonder how far even the Meh QB's of the league have to jump to become Flaccos.

Obviously I was one that didn't think a Flacco had a chance in hell of winning it all or I wouldn't have made that stupid bet. I haven't decided yet if this would change my view of Flacco or Sam Bradford's chances at winning it all with the right team.

I'm not arguing this. No way. Not with someone that has Cutler, Wilson, Cam, Kaepernick and Eli in his group of elite guys and is arguing Flacco's not at least what they are if not much more than most of those guys.

RIGHT NOW (as you put up there) !!

You go ahead and craft whatever argument you think you need to make to fit your position. I give. Ordinary mopes can win it all because you think Flacco is ordinary and that Nope. Not gonna do it. You and I just need to not talk QBs. Because I think you're absolutely batshit crazy and I have no idea what you see or how you're looking at these guys.

Any guards out there we can talk about.

Ease down, grandpa.

I know that you get crotchety when no one changes your colostomy bag, and it probably doesn't help your mood that you can't understand what anyone's talking about any more.

I stated clearly that some of those names were arguable, but that even if you throw out the ones that YOU didn't like, Flacco probably ain't a Top 10 QB. Nor did I ever state that ANY of those QB's are elite. Just that if I were picking a QB for a one year run at a ring starting now I probably choose almost all those QB's ahead of him (you can throw out Cutler in retrospect) or at the very least it would be a toss up.

I'm guessing that your answer to my question "Is Joe Elite" is Yes.

You may continue with your tired manufacturing of dissent.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:A lot of people still slob Eli's knob for those kind of late season and playoff runs. I'd put Flacco in that category. And that's good enough and IMO it ain't anything close to Pandora's Box being opened and announcing a bunch of shit birds or mediocrities are now ready to win a Super Bowl.

Rightfully so; the guy has two rings. Flaco wins this one and Lubber can slob his knob all either one of them wants.

Maybe the NFL is becoming the NHL - come playoff time all you need is the hot QB/Goalie?

You need a good QB to get you to the playoffs and good QB who gets hot in the playoffs. E Manning won one in his 4th year and if you want to make an argument for a 'meh' guy winning one that's your modern day Trent Dilfer story there. He was less than 'meh' for the majority of that season. Much better in '11 but still not Top 5 'elite' and behind guys like Schaub and Stafford.

Flacco has had a better career in terms of numbers and was that Evans drop away last season (and maybe just a guy like Boldin pinning a lobbed throw to his helmet away) from getting there and potentially winning one. And he's been ridiculous in the playoffs which shouldn't surprise given he's pretty damn good as it is.

People are making it out like he's something other than that.

Flacco is easily a Top 10 guy today and a guy like Ryan is right on the edge of it, if not in as well.

ETA- Hiko, if Top 10 is 'elite' then call it what it is. If Eli is 'elite' than Flacco is 'elite'. If you're looking at numbers only and doing so from a perspective of this year then Ryan is 'elite'. If top half of the league but fell off like rock is elite then Cam gets a nod.

Point being, 'elite' is overused, arbitrary and subjective. And rings are sometimes won on whimsical lobs that a receiver pins to his head or throws that are dropped by tight ends in Super Bowl XIII.

So I'm not saying Flacco is 'elite'. I'm saying he's very good and capable of doing what he's done in the last two post seasons consistently.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

I look at it this way nowadays - 4 types;

1. Elites. These are guys that can go anywhere and win. They take the worry of 3rd and 8 out of the game. Brady, Rogers etc.

2. 2nd tier. Guys who make more mistakes then the elites during the course of the year, have longer rough stretches, need a little help with down and distance situations. But can have good stretches and can hang 30 on you. Ryan, Flacco, Shaub.

3. Game Managers

4. Stiffs

The reality is that 3 and 4 are dead in the league, and the ones are extremely hard to come by. And two's, well, you gotta have some things go right.

I look at Flacco this year and in one hand see a guy that beat Indy by throwing deep fades to a receiver that hasn't been all that relevant in the league for a couple seasons, taking advantage of an awful pass defense playing man. Then getting by Denver with a damn near miracle. But I also see a guy making some throws and kinda carrying the hot hand. Can the guy hang 30 on you when things break right? There's your number 2.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Hikohadon wrote:If Flacco wins, does that make him elite?

No, No, No, No, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....

No.

No, no, no.

NO!

(My head begs for a brick wall!)

No!

This is exactly the kind of exaggerated results-based thinking that's, with all due respect and other such friendly words of don't-take-this-personal-yo-we're-cool-rights, led you to the whacked-out, hyperbolic, grossly oversimplified view of the NFL you have today.

NO.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 pm

leadpipe wrote:I look at it this way nowadays - 4 types;

1. Elites. These are guys that can go anywhere and win. They take the worry of 3rd and 8 out of the game. Brady, Rogers etc.

2. 2nd tier. Guys who make more mistakes then the elites during the course of the year, have longer rough stretches, need a little help with down and distance situations. But can have good stretches and can hang 30 on you. Ryan, Flacco, Shaub.

3. Game Managers

4. Stiffs

The reality is that 3 and 4 are dead in the league, and the ones are extremely hard to come by. And two's, well, you gotta have some things go right.

I look at Flacco this year and in one hand see a guy that beat Indy by throwing deep fades to a receiver that hasn't been all that relevant in the league for a couple seasons, taking advantage of an awful pass defense playing man. Then getting by Denver with a damn near miracle. But I also see a guy making some throws and kinda carrying the hot hand. Can the guy hang 30 on you when things break right? There's your number 2.

:gah:

(Is it possible to make that emoticon, like, 50 times bigger? I would like that.)

The TWO'S gotta have some things go right?

Some things, like...

-Brady getting his first SB win after the F'ing tuck rule?
-Ben getting his SB win over the Seahawks by way of the shittiest & shadiliest refereed SB ever?
-Ben getting his SB win over the Cards by way of what has to have been the worst first-half ending turnaround for a team in SB history, combined with a miracle catch(?) by Santonio Holmes?
-Peyton getting his one and only SB win in a playoffs in which he was the TENTH highest rated passer, riding his hot defense that year, and beating out the NINTH highest rated passer in the playoffs in Rex Grossman?
-Eli in 2007 with the fucking head-catch thing?
-Eli last year, barely getting into the playoffs, then barely edging out a Game Manager-led 49ers team (<--Speaking of whom, yeah, that was a #3-led team very much in the mix last year), thanks in large part to a muffed punt?

Things like that?!?!?!?!?!

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm

So you're saying there's a chance Flacco is elite DooDoo?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:So you're saying there's a chance Flacco is elite DooDoo?

There ya go. Summed up nicely, Lee. Way too many emoticons and maniacal ramblings with many of you. All because Hiko bought a ticket in the Weeden Train to destination Shitsville.

Sad.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 pm

WTF difference does it make.....?

Trent Dildofer has won as many as Peyton Manning ...does Rat Fan give a rats ass about Manning's legacy?

WTF if Flacco wins 2....like Pig Ben?....

The enitire argument is bullshit because even if the browns luck into a SB during anyone's lifetime you'll just fucking argue over the chances of winning another one based on who the QB is...

...and it really is time to quit caring

...and someone hold lubber down so I can main line some battery acid into his jugular
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
leadpipe wrote:I look at it this way nowadays - 4 types;

3. Game Managers

4. Stiffs

(Is it possible to make that emoticon, like, 50 times bigger? I would like that.)

The TWO'S gotta have some things go right?

Some things, like...

-Brady getting his first SB win after the F'ing tuck rule?
-Ben getting his SB win over the Seahawks by way of the shittiest & shadiliest refereed SB ever?
-Ben getting his SB win over the Cards by way of what has to have been the worst first-half ending turnaround for a team in SB history, combined with a miracle catch(?) by Santonio Holmes?
-Peyton getting his one and only SB win in a playoffs in which he was the TENTH highest rated passer, riding his hot defense that year, and beating out the NINTH highest rated passer in the playoffs in Rex Grossman?
-Eli in 2007 with the fucking head-catch thing?
-Eli last year, barely getting into the playoffs, then barely edging out a Game Manager-led 49ers team (<--Speaking of whom, yeah, that was a #3-led team very much in the mix last year), thanks in large part to a muffed punt?

Things like that?!?!?!?!?!

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

I think it goes without saying, anyone winning a championship needs to have some things go right.

Some, more than others.

And, by the way, the THROW by Ben was every bit as good as the CATCH.

Here's where I'd insert an emoticon if I used them.

And Eli IS a two.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 am

leadpipe wrote:I think it goes without saying, anyone winning a championship needs to have some things go right.

Some, more than others.

OK, yes and yes, but isn't the whole absolutism of your Grand Theory of NFLness effectively based on 1) things couldn't have gone any other way than the way they went in the recent past, 2) the way they went = elite QBs winning SBs, 3) therefore, in the future, the only way things can ever go is SBs being won by elite QBs...? (Yes, I know there are more steps than this, but this feels to me like its core.)

If your theory isn't quite that absolute, it generally feels that way.

Whenever I read your QB takes/sermons, I can't help but think of the schooldayz True or False questions that you automatically know are false, simply by the way they're phrased.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 am

If the people that are championing the elite QB theory change the theory from:

"You need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl"

To

"You need a QB capable of playing at an elite level, who then plays at that elite level in the playoffs to win a Super Bowl"

Are we all good with that? And if that is agreeable, doesn't it make sense that having an elite QB increases the chances of your QB playing at an elite level in the playoffs which increases your chances on a year over year basis?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 am

Mark Sanchez & Matt Cassel were the only two QBs in 2012 with QB ratings lower than Peyton Manning's playoff QB rating during his SB run in 2006.

So no.

And "You need a QB capable of playing at an elite level, who then plays at that elite level in the playoffs to win a Super Bowl, OR an elite QB who doesn't actually play at an elite level, but from a distance that's how we misremember it" isn't exactly the adjustment I'd be looking for. ; )

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:16 am

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:If Flacco wins, does that make him elite?

No, No, No, No, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....

No.

No, no, no.

NO!

(My head begs for a brick wall!)

No!

This is exactly the kind of exaggerated results-based thinking that's, with all due respect and other such friendly words of don't-take-this-personal-yo-we're-cool-rights, led you to the whacked-out, hyperbolic, grossly oversimplified view of the NFL you have today.

NO.

I never said it does and don't think it does myself.

I simply asked a question to see what the responses would be.

AFAIC, there are 3 "elite" QB's in the NFL and the rest are different levels of quality from Really Good on down to Blaine Gabbert.

I don't think you need an "elite" QB to win a SB, but I felt like in today's day and age you needed a better one than Flacco.

If he wins it, what that means will be debated by bored football fans all offseason - hence the Pandora's box.

I frankly don't care what it means (the answer likely lies in the gray where all answers lie), and certainly don't have the energy to debate it, especially seeing the reaction to just asking the questions I knew would come anyway.

Prolly shoulda just let it play out, but like Peeks I was shamelessly trying to drum up conversation.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 am

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:So you're saying there's a chance Flacco is elite DooDoo?

There ya go. Summed up nicely, Lee. Way too many emoticons and maniacal ramblings with many of you. All because Hiko bought a ticket in the Weeden Train to destination Shitsville.

Of course I did, dear.
Hikohadon

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:30 am

Hikohadon wrote:If he wins it, what that means will be debated by bored football fans all offseason - hence the Pandora's box.

Yeah, if you didn't notice, I maybe overreacted!

But I can remember last postseason when you were faced with a similar situation--IMO, with a much lesser QB in Alex Smith. After one big 4th Q run and one big 4th Q pass against Nahlens, he's playing like an elite QB, he, being a former #1 overall pick, always had that potential, etc... Alex Smith blows. The 49ers were still a legit contender last year in spite of him.

Going back to the "some things have to go right" thing...

Why couldn't a few more things have gone right for, say, Mark Sanchez and the Jets in 2010? Not too many things have to go differently to overturn a 5pt deficit in the AFC championship game. Would they have been cut in half by GB's buzzsaw in the next game? I would say probably, yes, they would have. But I don't feel certain that that's the case. They played each other earlier that year, and the Jets kept the Packers out of the endzone, but still lost 9-0 after losing the turnover battle 3-0. Would it have really been out of the realm of possibility for the Jets to have pulled off that upset? And gasp(!), won the Superbowl with a game-managery/bad QB?

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 am

OK, I just peeked back at that 2010 NYJ/GB boxscore...

That game was played on Halloween.

IOW, Rex coached that whole game while dealing with the distraction of "What will my wife's feet be wearing tonight?"

Neutral-situation, the Jets could have totally taken the Packers that year.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 am

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:If he wins it, what that means will be debated by bored football fans all offseason - hence the Pandora's box.

Yeah, if you didn't notice, I maybe overreacted!

But I can remember last postseason when you were faced with a similar situation--IMO, with a much lesser QB in Alex Smith. After one big 4th Q run and one big 4th Q pass against Nahlens, he's playing like an elite QB, he, being a former #1 overall pick, always had that potential, etc... Alex Smith blows. The 49ers were still a legit contender last year in spite of him.

I recall that and acknowledge that I have embraced cherry picking and oversimplification to support position, position likely taken for article purposes and to bemoan the sissification of the NFL.

I've used several different formulas to try and prove my "theorum", and now have grown weary of the effort. And since I no longer have to pretend like I have any professional acumen, I see no reason to care about the Ultimate QB Equation, at least not to any positional degree.
Hikohadon

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 am

I've asked many times before, which comes first the SB or being elite?

Now it seems we're on, what exactly is elite? If an elite performance is A, exactly what does winning/losing the game (any game not just SB) do to the perception of that elite performance?

How about some obvious middle ground: in order to make a consistent run at a SB, year in & year out, you need a QB who plays at a high to extremely high level most of the time. So having a QB that can only do such part of the time, or a QB that consistently plays a step below that but plays well requires that he and the team get hot, in the playoffs.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 am

I'm just extremely happy that you and Hiko don't give a shit, can't invest the time and emotion into this anymore and will be spending the better part of your days doing far more important things than thinking or posting about this stuff.

:thumb up:

:nanner:

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:WTF difference does it make.....?

Trent Dildofer has won as many as Peyton Manning ...does Rat Fan give a rats ass about Manning's legacy?

WTF if Flacco wins 2....like Pig Ben?....

The enitire argument is bullshit because even if the browns luck into a SB during anyone's lifetime you'll just fucking argue over the chances of winning another one based on who the QB is...

...and it really is time to quit caring

...and someone hold lubber down so I can main line some battery acid into his jugular

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 am

peeker643 wrote:I'm just extremely happy that you and Hiko don't give a shit, can't invest the time and emotion into this anymore and will be spending the better part of your days doing far more important things than thinking or posting about this stuff.

Yes, dear.

We do look forward to the continuation of your takes, though, since they're always so well-reasoned.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I'm just extremely happy that you and Hiko don't give a shit, can't invest the time and emotion into this anymore and will be spending the better part of your days doing far more important things than thinking or posting about this stuff.

Yes, dear.

We do look forward to the continuation of your takes, though, since they're always so well-reasoned.

Did I misunderstand?

Maybe your "Don't Give a Shit No More About This or Them" is set to start later this year?

I hope so. That way I can get even more of a QB education before radio silence initiated.

No one here is 'reasoned' or rationale when they disagree with you.

We understand. I apologize for stepping on your skirt and disagreeing Flacco < Cutler and Eli. Sometimes the rest of us can't compete with uber-reasoning like that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 am

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Yes, dear.

Did I misunderstand?

Maybe your "Don't Give a Shit No More About This or Them" is set to start later this year?

I hope so. That way I can get even more of a QB education before radio silence initiated.

No one here is 'reasoned' or rationale when they disagree with you.

We understand. I apologize for stepping on your skirt and disagreeing Flacco < Cutler and Eli. Sometimes the rest of us can't compete with uber-reasoning like that.

Yes, dear.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:51 am

Hikohadon wrote:Yes, dear.

Yes, dear = "let me try and be demeaning toward you given my QB takes have the consistency of a soup sandwich".

The 2013 version of the clever pictures of babies.

Go ahead. Let's see that creativity at work once again... Here, I'll help and combine your two forms of defense

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Yes, dear.

Yes, dear = "let me try and be demeaning toward you given my QB takes have the consistency of a soup sandwich".

The 2013 version of the clever pictures of babies.

Go ahead. Let's see that creativity at work once again... Here, I'll help and combine your two forms of defense

Would you prefer duly noted?
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Would you prefer duly noted?

Yes.

But that's mine and I'm not giving you permission to use it.

But it woulda been funnier. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Everyone is working with a different definition of elite. And even if there was one, in and around it is a large, somewhat irregular grey area shaped vaguely like John Kruk's remaining testicle.

In my ever changing view, I now define "elite" as a QB you can put on a shit show like the Browns and immediately make them a playoff team, if not Super Bowl Contenders. The slam dunks are Brady, Manning, and Rogers. There are others previously listed that are in the Kruk Area hovering around this area. I think Flacco is one of them. If you put Rogers on these Browns we are in the playoffs next year, but it's much less certain (although possible) with Flacco. The guys in the Kruk Area are LP's level 2 guys. And you can win a SB with those guys with the right team and circumstances and fortuitous breaks.

Brandon Weeden is currently in an area shaded most closely to mauve. This area is shaped vaguely like Don Mossi's ears.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Would you prefer duly noted?

Yes.

But that's mine and I'm not giving you permission to use it.

But it woulda been funnier. ;-) ;) :wink:

Yes, dear.

Duly noted.

;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't give a shit more than Hiko doesn't give a shit

How's that?

...and I mean WTF??..he posts more now than he did before he quit posting so much...
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:I don't give a shit more than Hiko doesn't give a shit

How's that?

...and I mean WTF??..he posts more now than he did before he quit posting so much...

I don't think I ever said I was going to quit posting so much. Just stop paying attention to the Browns so much, which by the quality of my posts, I clearly have done.

I've had a lot of teleconference meetings over the last month, and this is sort of my go-to distraction while those people are droning on and on about God knows what.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Quit being so defensive...I am not peeker and don't give a rats ass....

:salute:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Quit being so defensive...I am not peeker and don't give a rats ass....

Duly noted!!

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Quit being so defensive...I am not peeker and don't give a rats ass....

I'm not Peeker either and am not being defensive as far as I know.

Just didn't want anyone to mistake quantity of posts for a rat's ass. ;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Can this thread go back to being a Ray Lewis hate fest? That was more fun that watching Peeks and Hiko argue about nothing at all. Or whatever the hell the last 50 post have been about.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:01 pm

bac5665 wrote:Can this thread go back to being a Ray Lewis hate fest? That was more fun that watching Peeks and Hiko argue about nothing at all. Or whatever the hell the last 50 post have been about.

How about this then: I'm so sick of the endless "Keep Art Out of the Hall!!!" stuff that I'm anbout to throw my undying support behind his candidacy.

If his asshole son, David, was also dead I'd be actively campaigning for it just out of spite.

I don't give a shit about Art any more and I'm caring even less for the campaign against him which may actually be more annoying and useless than he was.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm

peeker643 wrote:
bac5665 wrote:Can this thread go back to being a Ray Lewis hate fest? That was more fun that watching Peeks and Hiko argue about nothing at all. Or whatever the hell the last 50 post have been about.

How about this then: I'm so sick of the endless "Keep Art Out of the Hall!!!" stuff that I'm anbout to throw my undying support behind his candidacy.

If his asshole son, David, was also dead I'd be actively campaigning for it just out of spite.

I don't give a shit about Art any more and I'm caring even less for the campaign against him which may actually be more annoying and useless than he was.

Not to mention that his induction disaster would be amusing/entertaining.
Hikohadon

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:25 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
leadpipe wrote:I think it goes without saying, anyone winning a championship needs to have some things go right.

Some, more than others.

OK, yes and yes, but isn't the whole absolutism of your Grand Theory of NFLness effectively based on 1) things couldn't have gone any other way than the way they went in the recent past, 2) the way they went = elite QBs winning SBs, 3) therefore, in the future, the only way things can ever go is SBs being won by elite QBs...? (Yes, I know there are more steps than this, but this feels to me like its core.)

Whenever I read your QB takes/sermons, I can't help but think of the schooldayz True or False questions that you automatically know are false, simply by the way they're phrased.

Isn't it about what is LIKELY to happen, rather than what MIGHT happen.

That's the way I look at it anyways. That's the way I assess a team.

Look, been around to long to say I'll never see another stiff or game manager win the thing. But from what I see now and what I see in the past, if you're carrying one of the above you're in deep shit. Not impossible. Highly improbable.

Of the scenarios you listed above, look who wins those games if those things don't happen - Brady twice, Warner, Hasslebeck during a career year.

And isn't the game more QBcentric than ever?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I'm with Hiko on this one. It'd be another day of service for all those Brown and Orange rv's. Such and embarrassing circus. Probably get decent odds on people throwing shit.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I don't want Art in, and since Grossi asked I tweeted him as much. And I thought that article that dude wrote about it was really good. But I have to say, I hadn't considered this. If Art gets in they will have to call out the National Guard for the ceremony. My God, what a clusterfuck that would be. I believe the entertainment value might be worth it.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 pm

leadpipe wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:

Some, more than others.

Isn't it about what is LIKELY to happen, rather than what MIGHT happen.

That's the way I look at it anyways. That's the way I assess a team.

Look, been around to long to say I'll never see another stiff or game manager win the thing. But from what I see now and what I see in the past, if you're carrying one of the above you're in deep shit. Not impossible. Highly improbable.

Of the scenarios you listed above, look who wins those games if those things don't happen - Brady twice, Warner, Hasslebeck during a career year.

And isn't the game more QBcentric than ever?

I agree with this LP. The same people that argue that an elite QB doesn't matter becuase Brady hasn't won the burrito in years are the same ones that argue that the Yankees payroll gives them no advantage because they haven't won in some time.

It's the advantage of opportunity. Having Tom Brady or a $240m payroll doesn't guarantee a ring. But it pretty much guarantees that you will be one of the few within stiking distance year in and year out.

In football it's QBs. In baseball it's payroll.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 pm

I thought this was impressive:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Absurd. RT @PFF: The deep ball. This season Joe Flacco has attempted 116 deep passes (20+ in air). 15 TDs. 0 INTs.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:34 pm

peeker643 wrote:I thought this was impressive:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Absurd. RT @PFF: The deep ball. This season Joe Flacco has attempted 116 deep passes (20+ in air). 15 TDs. 0 INTs.

Lucky bastard :hide:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:50 pm

In the last three seasons, Flacco has thrown 15TDs with only 2 INTs in the playoffs. I guess he got lucky though each year.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Lubber wrote:In the last three seasons, Flacco has thrown 15TDs with only 2 INTs in the playoffs. I guess he got lucky though each year.

That's impressive too. But I do see the valid points people have about him and his many "WTF was that" moments that he seems prone too during the regular season.

That's why I really believe the guy compares almost exactly to Eli. So whatever Eli is, Flacco is in terms of QBing. That's in general. Eli has proven he will not wet himself in the very biggest game of all. He has shown he can throw a ball up for grabs and have it stick to some WRs helmet too ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 am

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

I can think of one that should've been intercepted.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Extremely difficult to intercept something you're not within 5 yards of. ;-) ;) :wink:

Maybe that one and the one Lee Evans dropped cancel each other out?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Extremely difficult to intercept something you're not within 5 yards of. ;-) ;) :wink:

Maybe that one and the one Lee Evans dropped cancel each other out?

Because that Safety made one of the worst plays in the history of playoff football doesn't mean almost every DB in the league comes down with that pick.

But cancel out is fair. He did get screwed by Lee Evans.

They earned the trip last year and lost out, so getting there by the providence of a lucky play this year isn't as annoying as it could be.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Is that seriously the first time you have seen a defensive back take the wrong angle on a pass? Who is to say he picks off the ball even if he is in the correct position? You are assuming a lot there.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Lubber wrote:Is that seriously the first time you have seen a defensive back take the wrong angle on a pass? Who is to say he picks off the ball even if he is in the correct position? You are assuming a lot there.

No, I don't recall ever having seen a Safety overrun a pop fly then fall down while backing up to catch the pop fly he overran, especially in a situation where your main task is to NOT let any receivers behind you. At the very least that ball should be knocked away.

You will not find anyone outside of Baltimore and - apparently - yourself that doesn't feel that completion was due to a DB error.
Hikohadon

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL