Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Sports Media Vomit

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Which will be the most nauseating Super Bowl story this year?

The Brothers Harbaugh and who Mom and Dad will be rooting for.
9%
God Loves Ray Lewis and what murder?
89%
Mommy abandoned Colin Kaepernick but now she loves him again.
3%
Some Safety falls down on a ball thrown up for grabs and now Joe Flacco is "elite".
No votes

Total votes : 35

Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Ah, nothing says sports-meets-reality-TV like the Super Bowl pregame hype. It will be particularly odious this year, to the tune that I shall place a ban on live TV between now and the kickoff.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Ray Lewis. And it's not particularly close.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Ray Lewis. And it's not particularly close.

Are you sure b/c it's less than 24 hours later and I'm already sick of the....

Bro Bowl
HarBowl
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby bac5665 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm

None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm done watching sports entirely until CFB starts and will not watch one minute of this game

It has a Jerome Bettis/Tom Osborne/Thug Lewis going away gift smell to it

I also reserve the right to change my mind if the Giants are in the hunt for another WS Title

: )
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby rbm0183 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 pm

bac5665 wrote:None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.

I could not possibly agree more with this. I was sick of the Ray Lewis crap when he tore his arm up earlier in the season, let alone now that we've had three more weeks of jackasses who have been falling all over themselves to come up with the most poetic send off for this murdering thug since he made it official that this was his "last ride."

And as a little side point - there's nothing fishy at all about a 37-year old linebacker coming back and playing at his pre-injury level just two and a half months after an injury that should have taken at least 3 months simply to heal to the point where he could start rehabbing it.

From the NY Times a couple of days after the injury http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/sports/football/what-the-ravens-ray-lewis-can-expect-after-tearing-his-triceps.html?_r=0:

“Of the ones that were repaired, they generally missed a whole season to come back, but most were able to come back and play,” Yagnik said. “It’s not necessarily a career-ending injury, though.”

Lewis had surgery Wednesday, and the Ravens put him on injured reserve with the designation that he could return this season. That seems like wishful thinking even if the Ravens make the Super Bowl because, Glashow said, a tendon is not fully healed for three months. That does not include the time it would take Lewis to regain the normal strength in his arm. Berry and Warren both said it took them about six months.

I'm sure PEDs were not involved there. After all, Ray Lewis is an angel. :gah:
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
:loadof:
rbm0183

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Anybody who insists that it's "God's Destiny" that he and his team makes the Super Bowl gets a huge GFYS from me.

Yes Ray, God took time out of his busy schedule of potentially helping someone with a terminal diseases, starving children, and warring nations finding peace so that you, a multimillionaire, that escaped a conviction, and plays a fucking game for a living, to help you win a football game that has zero impact on the course of human history.

And yes, there's idiot kids my age who worship the jackass and buy his jersey, etc. And, no, not just in Baltimore, here in Cleveland too.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Ray Lewis is a genius, he could convince Jimmy Haslam that he made a good investment.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Definitely the Ray Lewis 'destiny' crap.

How many times do we think the camera focuses on him while sat on the sidelines trying to look all pensive and intense?
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby andrew6586 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 pm

bac5665 wrote:None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.

Not just one death, but two.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 am

andrew6586 wrote:

America loves the comeback story, the redemption story. It is pretty simple. If you don't like the Ravens, you think Ray got away with murder. If you like the Ravens or are indifferent, you admire him for what he has been through. There is no middle ground on this one. If Modell does not move the team, Triple S has got his room wallpapered with #52 all over it.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 am

Lubber wrote:
andrew6586 wrote:

America loves the comeback story, the redemption story. It is pretty simple. If you don't like the Ravens, you think Ray got away with murder. If you like the Ravens or are indifferent, you admire him for what he has been through. There is no middle ground on this one. If Modell does not move the team, Triple S has got his room wallpapered with #52 all over it.

And if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle...
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 am

Blatant rip-off of Running Man.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:41 am

Love for Welker's wife

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/22/wes-welk ... pologizes/

Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby rbm0183 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:14 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:Love for Welker's wife

Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!

And to think, that's not even the best reason I've seen to like Wes Welker's wife.

:thumb up:
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
:loadof:
rbm0183

Favorite Player: Eric Turner

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 am

One of the reporters got grilled by the Ravens for DARING to bring up the fact Ray Lewis got away with murder.

If I were still a sports reporter, that's the ONLY question I'd be asking that POS.

"Mr. Lewis, what happened to your blood-stained white suit from the night of the murder?"
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 am

Jesus. Wes Welker just got bumped up a peg in my book. Hopefully Gollum (Banner) feels the same way ... give him a little of that Pilot Flying J $$$ this off-season.

Every time Welker dropped a pass in the playoffs I was thinking "Yes! You don't want him anymore NE ...."
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 am

swerb wrote:Every time Welker dropped a pass in the playoffs I was thinking "Yes! You don't want him anymore NE ...."

And every time Welker dropped a critical pass in the playoffs I was thinking "You know he'll do the same exact thing in a Browns uniform."
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

rbm0183 wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:Love for Welker's wife

And to think, that's not even the best reason I've seen to like Wes Welker's wife.

:thumb up:

Yeah, she'd get it

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 am

You all are a bunch of punk ass, bitch ass, snitch ass, cocksucking cuntfarts.

Ray Lewis never killed anyone, it's all media hype.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 am

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Welker! They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses.

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 am

http://listverse.com/2011/02/14/top-10-celebrities-who-have-killed-someone/

"Fatty Arbuckle will fuck you to death with Coca Cola."

How often does that get mentioned when his name's brought up?
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am

swerb wrote:Jesus. Wes Welker just got bumped up a peg in my book. Hopefully Gollum (Banner) feels the same way ... give him a little of that Pilot Flying J $$$ this off-season.

Every time Welker dropped a pass in the playoffs I was thinking "Yes! You don't want him anymore NE ...."

I don't think a 31 year old tons-of-miles-on-that-body WR that will take a boatload of money to get to come to Cleveland just in time for him to suck is what the Browns need.

Of course NE will let him walk, b/c they're proactive about that. If NE lets him go, stay clear.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am

HoodooMan wrote:http://listverse.com/2011/02/14/top-10-celebrities-who-have-killed-someone/

"Fatty Arbuckle will fuck you to death with Coca Cola."

How often does that get mentioned when his name's brought up?

How awesome is that photo of Phil Spector, he looks like one of the Hair Bears

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 pm

I forgot all about the Don King stomp.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:05 pm

http://jimkanicki.wordpress.com/2013/01 ... edentials/

of course there's the possiblity that Modell gets in the HOF while some jackass sportswriters from other cities tell us to "get over it".
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Triple-S wrote:http://jimkanicki.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/art-modell-has-no-hall-of-fame-credentials/

of course there's the possiblity that Modell gets in the HOF while some jackass sportswriters from other cities tell us to "get over it".

Terrific article, btw.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm

This year will be the best chance for Art to get in due to his death and Ravens' Super Bowl victory.

Even T-Gros has been opening his mind to a change. You can too SSS

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-122-Hall-of-Fame-Sentiment-Changing-On-Art-Modell/df2ab2e7-dcb8-47e4-83cf-f96d46ea1e4e
Lubber

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm

DA or Mallet wizzing balls past Welker on 10-15 yard routes would be comical.

PS- His wife is a CU next Tuesday.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby municipalmutt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Meh, with those hips she could only have like eight or nine kids.

Signed,
Manti Te'o
municipalmutt

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm convinced DA, Weeden, and Mallett are all the same person. Anyone ever see those three in the same room together?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Lubber wrote:This year will be the best chance for Art to get in due to his death and Ravens' Super Bowl victory.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-122-Hall-of-Fame-Sentiment-Changing-On-Art-Modell/df2ab2e7-dcb8-47e4-83cf-f96d46ea1e4e

Fuck them all with an iron rod. Or a coke bottle.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 am

Lubber wrote:This year will be the best chance for Art to get in due to his death and Ravens' Super Bowl victory.

Curious as to whether you receive any perks from Peeks or Swerb for trolling these boards in an effort to spark angry discussion. Is traffic really that low?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am

mattvan1 wrote:
Curious as to whether you receive any perks from Peeks or Swerb for trolling these boards in an effort to spark angry discussion. Is traffic really that low?

No perks. I am just able to be unbiased with most of my views and I am able to at the very least review both sides of the argument with an open mind.
Lubber

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

No perks. I am just able to be unbiased with most of my views and I am able to at the very least review both sides of the argument with an open mind.

Then I would encourage you to join in the discussion more frequently, as opposed to only when the Ravens are in the Super Bowl, Art is up for the HOF, you are defending the QB skills of Tim Tebow, or when some Steeler player is arrested.

Someone who has so much to offer should be a regular, IMO.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 am

I can feel your sarcasm..... It makes you STRONGER.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am

mattvan1 wrote:
Then I would encourage you to join in the discussion more frequently, as opposed to only when the Ravens are in the Super Bowl, Art is up for the HOF, you are defending the QB skills of Tim Tebow, or when some Steeler player is arrested.

Thanks for the kudos Matt and I appreciate your following, but I do not have the time to be a regular.

I would much rather my fellow Blue Streak Roman brings home the Super Bowl victory, but I have some cash to be won if the Ravens win thanks to Hiko and a futures bet in Vegas.
Lubber

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 am

Anyone get the tail # of that jet that just flew over lubber's head...?
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Thanks for the kudos Matt and I appreciate your following, but I do not have the time to be a regular.

I would much rather my fellow Blue Streak Roman brings home the Super Bowl victory, but I have some cash to be won if the Ravens win thanks to Hiko and a futures bet in Vegas.

I wonder which team I'll be rooting for next Sunday...
Hikohadon

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

I wonder which team I'll be rooting for next Sunday...

I will save you $50. You can surrender anytime up until game time and pay only $50.
Lubber

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Nah, I've got enough "faith" in Flacco that I think I'll go for the $0.

Dude wouldn't even be in this game if that Denver Safety hadn't made the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Nah, I've got enough "faith" in Flacco that I think I'll go for the $0.

Dude wouldn't even be in this game if that Denver Safety hadn't made the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL.

I would much rather be going up against the Falcons

He has made some clutch throws, you have to give him a little credit. Although, I am also waiting for him to show his true colors.
Lubber

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Lubber wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Nah, I've got enough "faith" in Flacco that I think I'll go for the $0.

I would much rather be going up against the Falcons

He has made some clutch throws, you have to give him a little credit. Although, I am also waiting for him to show his true colors.

He made it to the SB, so I have to give him some cred.

He shouldn't be there - Denver had to suffer an historic meltdown for it to happen - but that doesn't mean he didn't turn around and play well against New England.

If he wins it, man that opens Pandora's box for QB arguments.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Hikohadon wrote:If he wins it, man that opens Pandora's box for QB arguments.

I don't think so. I think Flacco is a good QB. For periods of time he can be better than that and for shorter periods of time he can be elite. There are also periods of time he can be less than good and shorter periods of time when you say, WTF was that?Too much variance to be considered same level as the elite guys we talk about. But dude ain't Dilfer and he ain't Woodley or anyone else. And his WTF are being more and more outweighed by the good stuff each year. He and Ryan are the same guy IMO. Both tremendously gifted and talented with a fatal flaw that occasionally exposes itself.

But you can win with Flacco playing reasonably well. Just like this game is probably Flacco v. Ryan if Roddy White doesn't slip. Just like last year was Flacco v. Eli if Lee Evans doesn't drop a ball.

Flacco realistically should be playing in 2nd of back to back SBs. And I think his talent and play is pretty reflective of that.

YMMV

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:Flacco v. Eli if Lee Evans doesn't drop a ball.

...or Flacco vs. Smith if Lee Evans doesn't drop a ball and SF's punt returner doesn't muff the Giants into a win.

Last year, those things didn't matter.

This year, when the Ravens benefit from a horribly blown coverage late in the game by Denver, those things matter.

It isn't opening a pandora's box so much as it is opening the window and getting some oxygen in here.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm

HoodooMan wrote:This year, when the Ravens benefit from a horribly blown coverage late in the game by Denver, those things matter.

It isn't opening a pandora's box so much as it is opening the window and getting some oxygen in here.

They also benefited from Flacco not rolling right and not lobbing a soft toss hanger back into the middle of the field like one of the game's 'elite' QBs did. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Man, it would really be hard to shake that loss, if you're a Denver fan.

Here, you come off a playoff season and replace the reason you got there- the whipping boy who got shipped off to the east- with a lock HOF QB. Who comes in and plays like himself- and better than anyone could have expected, post neck surgery. They were the favorite, dammit.

That horrible pass across the body must have hurt, really bad. As was the meltdown of the defense, not to mention the head coach. We've seen AFC Championship games lost on a brain fart, and on a choke job. But to lose this chance to go to the Super Bowl as a result of both?

It's just not fair.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Let us not forget that a HoF CB was beaten like a rug over and over and over again all game long that day too. Torii Smith should have had to sign papers given how much he owned of Champ Bailey.

So yeah, the pathetic coverage on the Jones TD was brutally bad, but so was the throw by Manning and the effort of Bailey all afternoon. And it's moot if Trindon Holliday doesn't go off for two return TDs as well. And I think I recall Corey Graham running back another Manning int for a TD.

Flacco played well that day and Sunday. Guy's thrown for ~600 yards, 6 TDs and NO Ints. And he's outplayed a couple solid QBs while doing it.

A lot of people still slob Eli's knob for those kind of late season and playoff runs. I'd put Flacco in that category. And that's good enough and IMO it ain't anything close to Pandora's Box being opened and announcing a bunch of shit birds or mediocrities are now ready to win a Super Bowl.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 pm

To HooDoo's point, there are many arguments that can be made here.

If Flacco wins, does that make him elite?

Was he elite before he won the SB?

Or is he still just the ordinary Joe that he always was, and does that bolster the concept that you don't need an "elite" QB to win a Ring (even though it obviously helps)?

SB or no SB, I feel that any one of these QB's is better RIGHT NOW than Flacco: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, Cutler, Newton, Ryan.

Some of those can obviously be argued, but I think it is clear that Flacco isn't a Top 10 QB no matter if he wins the Lombardi or not.

And then you have to wonder how far even the Meh QB's of the league have to jump to become Flaccos.

Obviously I was one that didn't think a Flacco had a chance in hell of winning it all or I wouldn't have made that stupid bet. I haven't decided yet if this would change my view of Flacco or Sam Bradford's chances at winning it all with the right team.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Hikohadon wrote:To HooDoo's point, there are many arguments that can be made here.

If Flacco wins, does that make him elite?

Was he elite before he won the SB?

Or is he still just the ordinary Joe that he always was, and does that bolster the concept that you don't need an "elite" QB to win a Ring (even though it obviously helps)?

SB or no SB, I feel that any one of these QB's is better RIGHT NOW than Flacco: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, Cutler, Newton, Ryan.

Some of those can obviously be argued, but I think it is clear that Flacco isn't a Top 10 QB no matter if he wins the Lombardi or not.

And then you have to wonder how far even the Meh QB's of the league have to jump to become Flaccos.

Obviously I was one that didn't think a Flacco had a chance in hell of winning it all or I wouldn't have made that stupid bet. I haven't decided yet if this would change my view of Flacco or Sam Bradford's chances at winning it all with the right team.

I'm not arguing this. No way. Not with someone that has Cutler, Wilson, Cam, Kaepernick and Eli in his group of elite guys and is arguing Flacco's not at least what they are if not much more than most of those guys.

RIGHT NOW (as you put up there) !!

You go ahead and craft whatever argument you think you need to make to fit your position. I give. Ordinary mopes can win it all because you think Flacco is ordinary and that Nope. Not gonna do it. You and I just need to not talk QBs. Because I think you're absolutely batshit crazy and I have no idea what you see or how you're looking at these guys.

Any guards out there we can talk about.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL