Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Sports Media Vomit

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Which will be the most nauseating Super Bowl story this year?

The Brothers Harbaugh and who Mom and Dad will be rooting for.
3
9%
God Loves Ray Lewis and what murder?
31
89%
Mommy abandoned Colin Kaepernick but now she loves him again.
1
3%
Some Safety falls down on a ball thrown up for grabs and now Joe Flacco is "elite".
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 35

Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Ah, nothing says sports-meets-reality-TV like the Super Bowl pregame hype. It will be particularly odious this year, to the tune that I shall place a ban on live TV between now and the kickoff.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Ray Lewis. And it's not particularly close.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Ray Lewis. And it's not particularly close.



Are you sure b/c it's less than 24 hours later and I'm already sick of the....

Bro Bowl
HarBowl
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby bac5665 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm

None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.
User avatar
bac5665
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:15 pm
Location: Columbus Ohio
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm done watching sports entirely until CFB starts and will not watch one minute of this game

It has a Jerome Bettis/Tom Osborne/Thug Lewis going away gift smell to it

I also reserve the right to change my mind if the Giants are in the hunt for another WS Title

: )
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby rbm0183 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 pm

bac5665 wrote:None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.


I could not possibly agree more with this. I was sick of the Ray Lewis crap when he tore his arm up earlier in the season, let alone now that we've had three more weeks of jackasses who have been falling all over themselves to come up with the most poetic send off for this murdering thug since he made it official that this was his "last ride."

And as a little side point - there's nothing fishy at all about a 37-year old linebacker coming back and playing at his pre-injury level just two and a half months after an injury that should have taken at least 3 months simply to heal to the point where he could start rehabbing it.

From the NY Times a couple of days after the injury http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/sports/football/what-the-ravens-ray-lewis-can-expect-after-tearing-his-triceps.html?_r=0:

“Of the ones that were repaired, they generally missed a whole season to come back, but most were able to come back and play,” Yagnik said. “It’s not necessarily a career-ending injury, though.”

Lewis had surgery Wednesday, and the Ravens put him on injured reserve with the designation that he could return this season. That seems like wishful thinking even if the Ravens make the Super Bowl because, Glashow said, a tendon is not fully healed for three months. That does not include the time it would take Lewis to regain the normal strength in his arm. Berry and Warren both said it took them about six months.


I'm sure PEDs were not involved there. After all, Ray Lewis is an angel. :gah:
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
:loadof:
User avatar
rbm0183
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Home of the hideous yellow blazer
Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Anybody who insists that it's "God's Destiny" that he and his team makes the Super Bowl gets a huge GFYS from me.

Yes Ray, God took time out of his busy schedule of potentially helping someone with a terminal diseases, starving children, and warring nations finding peace so that you, a multimillionaire, that escaped a conviction, and plays a fucking game for a living, to help you win a football game that has zero impact on the course of human history.

And yes, there's idiot kids my age who worship the jackass and buy his jersey, etc. And, no, not just in Baltimore, here in Cleveland too.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Ray Lewis is a genius, he could convince Jimmy Haslam that he made a good investment.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Definitely the Ray Lewis 'destiny' crap.

How many times do we think the camera focuses on him while sat on the sidelines trying to look all pensive and intense?
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby andrew6586 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 pm

bac5665 wrote:None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.

Not just one death, but two.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
User avatar
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 am

andrew6586 wrote:
bac5665 wrote:None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.

Not just one death, but two.


America loves the comeback story, the redemption story. It is pretty simple. If you don't like the Ravens, you think Ray got away with murder. If you like the Ravens or are indifferent, you admire him for what he has been through. There is no middle ground on this one. If Modell does not move the team, Triple S has got his room wallpapered with #52 all over it.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 am

Lubber wrote:
andrew6586 wrote:
bac5665 wrote:None of those stories are great, but the Ray Lewis one is just awful. It's like no one remembers it at all. He is treated like a hero when at the very least he was involved in a death, if not the main murderer.

Not just one death, but two.


America loves the comeback story, the redemption story. It is pretty simple. If you don't like the Ravens, you think Ray got away with murder. If you like the Ravens or are indifferent, you admire him for what he has been through. There is no middle ground on this one. If Modell does not move the team, Triple S has got his room wallpapered with #52 all over it.



And if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle...
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
User avatar
That_Guy™
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:06 pm
Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 am

Image

Blatant rip-off of Running Man.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:41 am

Love for Welker's wife

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/22/wes-welk ... pologizes/

Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby rbm0183 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:14 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:Love for Welker's wife

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/22/wes-welk ... pologizes/

Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!


And to think, that's not even the best reason I've seen to like Wes Welker's wife.

Image

:thumb up:
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
:loadof:
User avatar
rbm0183
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Home of the hideous yellow blazer
Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 am

One of the reporters got grilled by the Ravens for DARING to bring up the fact Ray Lewis got away with murder.

If I were still a sports reporter, that's the ONLY question I'd be asking that POS.

"Mr. Lewis, what happened to your blood-stained white suit from the night of the murder?"
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 am

Jesus. Wes Welker just got bumped up a peg in my book. Hopefully Gollum (Banner) feels the same way ... give him a little of that Pilot Flying J $$$ this off-season.

Every time Welker dropped a pass in the playoffs I was thinking "Yes! You don't want him anymore NE ...."
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 am

swerb wrote:Every time Welker dropped a pass in the playoffs I was thinking "Yes! You don't want him anymore NE ...."


And every time Welker dropped a critical pass in the playoffs I was thinking "You know he'll do the same exact thing in a Browns uniform."
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

rbm0183 wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:Love for Welker's wife

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/22/wes-welk ... pologizes/

Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!


And to think, that's not even the best reason I've seen to like Wes Welker's wife.

Image

:thumb up:


Yeah, she'd get it
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 am

You all are a bunch of punk ass, bitch ass, snitch ass, cocksucking cuntfarts.

Ray Lewis never killed anyone, it's all media hype.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 am

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Welker! They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses.

Image
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 am

http://listverse.com/2011/02/14/top-10-celebrities-who-have-killed-someone/

"Fatty Arbuckle will fuck you to death with Coca Cola."

How often does that get mentioned when his name's brought up?
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am

swerb wrote:Jesus. Wes Welker just got bumped up a peg in my book. Hopefully Gollum (Banner) feels the same way ... give him a little of that Pilot Flying J $$$ this off-season.

Every time Welker dropped a pass in the playoffs I was thinking "Yes! You don't want him anymore NE ...."


I don't think a 31 year old tons-of-miles-on-that-body WR that will take a boatload of money to get to come to Cleveland just in time for him to suck is what the Browns need.

Of course NE will let him walk, b/c they're proactive about that. If NE lets him go, stay clear.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am

HoodooMan wrote:http://listverse.com/2011/02/14/top-10-celebrities-who-have-killed-someone/

"Fatty Arbuckle will fuck you to death with Coca Cola."

How often does that get mentioned when his name's brought up?



How awesome is that photo of Phil Spector, he looks like one of the Hair Bears

Image
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 pm

I forgot all about the Don King stomp.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:05 pm

http://jimkanicki.wordpress.com/2013/01 ... edentials/

of course there's the possiblity that Modell gets in the HOF while some jackass sportswriters from other cities tell us to "get over it".
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Triple-S wrote:http://jimkanicki.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/art-modell-has-no-hall-of-fame-credentials/

of course there's the possiblity that Modell gets in the HOF while some jackass sportswriters from other cities tell us to "get over it".


Terrific article, btw.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm

This year will be the best chance for Art to get in due to his death and Ravens' Super Bowl victory.

Even T-Gros has been opening his mind to a change. You can too SSS

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-122-Hall-of-Fame-Sentiment-Changing-On-Art-Modell/df2ab2e7-dcb8-47e4-83cf-f96d46ea1e4e
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm

DA or Mallet wizzing balls past Welker on 10-15 yard routes would be comical.

PS- His wife is a CU next Tuesday.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby municipalmutt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Image

Meh, with those hips she could only have like eight or nine kids.

Signed,
Manti Te'o
User avatar
municipalmutt
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm convinced DA, Weeden, and Mallett are all the same person. Anyone ever see those three in the same room together?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Lubber wrote:This year will be the best chance for Art to get in due to his death and Ravens' Super Bowl victory.

Even T-Gros has been opening his mind to a change. You can too SSS

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-122-Hall-of-Fame-Sentiment-Changing-On-Art-Modell/df2ab2e7-dcb8-47e4-83cf-f96d46ea1e4e


Fuck them all with an iron rod. Or a coke bottle.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 am

Lubber wrote:This year will be the best chance for Art to get in due to his death and Ravens' Super Bowl victory.

Even T-Gros has been opening his mind to a change. You can too SSS

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-122-Hall-of-Fame-Sentiment-Changing-On-Art-Modell/df2ab2e7-dcb8-47e4-83cf-f96d46ea1e4e


Curious as to whether you receive any perks from Peeks or Swerb for trolling these boards in an effort to spark angry discussion. Is traffic really that low?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am

mattvan1 wrote:
Curious as to whether you receive any perks from Peeks or Swerb for trolling these boards in an effort to spark angry discussion. Is traffic really that low?


No perks. I am just able to be unbiased with most of my views and I am able to at the very least review both sides of the argument with an open mind.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Curious as to whether you receive any perks from Peeks or Swerb for trolling these boards in an effort to spark angry discussion. Is traffic really that low?


No perks. I am just able to be unbiased with most of my views and I am able to at the very least review both sides of the argument with an open mind.


Then I would encourage you to join in the discussion more frequently, as opposed to only when the Ravens are in the Super Bowl, Art is up for the HOF, you are defending the QB skills of Tim Tebow, or when some Steeler player is arrested.

Someone who has so much to offer should be a regular, IMO.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 am

I can feel your sarcasm..... It makes you STRONGER.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am

mattvan1 wrote:
Then I would encourage you to join in the discussion more frequently, as opposed to only when the Ravens are in the Super Bowl, Art is up for the HOF, you are defending the QB skills of Tim Tebow, or when some Steeler player is arrested.

Someone who has so much to offer should be a regular, IMO.


Thanks for the kudos Matt and I appreciate your following, but I do not have the time to be a regular.

I would much rather my fellow Blue Streak Roman brings home the Super Bowl victory, but I have some cash to be won if the Ravens win thanks to Hiko and a futures bet in Vegas.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 am

Anyone get the tail # of that jet that just flew over lubber's head...?
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Then I would encourage you to join in the discussion more frequently, as opposed to only when the Ravens are in the Super Bowl, Art is up for the HOF, you are defending the QB skills of Tim Tebow, or when some Steeler player is arrested.

Someone who has so much to offer should be a regular, IMO.


Thanks for the kudos Matt and I appreciate your following, but I do not have the time to be a regular.

I would much rather my fellow Blue Streak Roman brings home the Super Bowl victory, but I have some cash to be won if the Ravens win thanks to Hiko and a futures bet in Vegas.


I wonder which team I'll be rooting for next Sunday...
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Then I would encourage you to join in the discussion more frequently, as opposed to only when the Ravens are in the Super Bowl, Art is up for the HOF, you are defending the QB skills of Tim Tebow, or when some Steeler player is arrested.

Someone who has so much to offer should be a regular, IMO.


Thanks for the kudos Matt and I appreciate your following, but I do not have the time to be a regular.

I would much rather my fellow Blue Streak Roman brings home the Super Bowl victory, but I have some cash to be won if the Ravens win thanks to Hiko and a futures bet in Vegas.


I wonder which team I'll be rooting for next Sunday...


I will save you $50. You can surrender anytime up until game time and pay only $50.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Nah, I've got enough "faith" in Flacco that I think I'll go for the $0.

Dude wouldn't even be in this game if that Denver Safety hadn't made the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Nah, I've got enough "faith" in Flacco that I think I'll go for the $0.

Dude wouldn't even be in this game if that Denver Safety hadn't made the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL.


I would much rather be going up against the Falcons

He has made some clutch throws, you have to give him a little credit. Although, I am also waiting for him to show his true colors.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Lubber wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Nah, I've got enough "faith" in Flacco that I think I'll go for the $0.

Dude wouldn't even be in this game if that Denver Safety hadn't made the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL.


I would much rather be going up against the Falcons

He has made some clutch throws, you have to give him a little credit. Although, I am also waiting for him to show his true colors.


He made it to the SB, so I have to give him some cred.

He shouldn't be there - Denver had to suffer an historic meltdown for it to happen - but that doesn't mean he didn't turn around and play well against New England.

If he wins it, man that opens Pandora's box for QB arguments.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Hikohadon wrote:If he wins it, man that opens Pandora's box for QB arguments.


I don't think so. I think Flacco is a good QB. For periods of time he can be better than that and for shorter periods of time he can be elite. There are also periods of time he can be less than good and shorter periods of time when you say, WTF was that?Too much variance to be considered same level as the elite guys we talk about. But dude ain't Dilfer and he ain't Woodley or anyone else. And his WTF are being more and more outweighed by the good stuff each year. He and Ryan are the same guy IMO. Both tremendously gifted and talented with a fatal flaw that occasionally exposes itself.

But you can win with Flacco playing reasonably well. Just like this game is probably Flacco v. Ryan if Roddy White doesn't slip. Just like last year was Flacco v. Eli if Lee Evans doesn't drop a ball.

Flacco realistically should be playing in 2nd of back to back SBs. And I think his talent and play is pretty reflective of that.

YMMV
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:Flacco v. Eli if Lee Evans doesn't drop a ball.


...or Flacco vs. Smith if Lee Evans doesn't drop a ball and SF's punt returner doesn't muff the Giants into a win.

Last year, those things didn't matter.

This year, when the Ravens benefit from a horribly blown coverage late in the game by Denver, those things matter.

It isn't opening a pandora's box so much as it is opening the window and getting some oxygen in here.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm

HoodooMan wrote:This year, when the Ravens benefit from a horribly blown coverage late in the game by Denver, those things matter.

It isn't opening a pandora's box so much as it is opening the window and getting some oxygen in here.


They also benefited from Flacco not rolling right and not lobbing a soft toss hanger back into the middle of the field like one of the game's 'elite' QBs did. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Man, it would really be hard to shake that loss, if you're a Denver fan.

Here, you come off a playoff season and replace the reason you got there- the whipping boy who got shipped off to the east- with a lock HOF QB. Who comes in and plays like himself- and better than anyone could have expected, post neck surgery. They were the favorite, dammit.

That horrible pass across the body must have hurt, really bad. As was the meltdown of the defense, not to mention the head coach. We've seen AFC Championship games lost on a brain fart, and on a choke job. But to lose this chance to go to the Super Bowl as a result of both?

It's just not fair.
User avatar
googleeph2
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am
Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Let us not forget that a HoF CB was beaten like a rug over and over and over again all game long that day too. Torii Smith should have had to sign papers given how much he owned of Champ Bailey.

So yeah, the pathetic coverage on the Jones TD was brutally bad, but so was the throw by Manning and the effort of Bailey all afternoon. And it's moot if Trindon Holliday doesn't go off for two return TDs as well. And I think I recall Corey Graham running back another Manning int for a TD.

Flacco played well that day and Sunday. Guy's thrown for ~600 yards, 6 TDs and NO Ints. And he's outplayed a couple solid QBs while doing it.

A lot of people still slob Eli's knob for those kind of late season and playoff runs. I'd put Flacco in that category. And that's good enough and IMO it ain't anything close to Pandora's Box being opened and announcing a bunch of shit birds or mediocrities are now ready to win a Super Bowl.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 pm

To HooDoo's point, there are many arguments that can be made here.

If Flacco wins, does that make him elite?

Was he elite before he won the SB?

Or is he still just the ordinary Joe that he always was, and does that bolster the concept that you don't need an "elite" QB to win a Ring (even though it obviously helps)?

SB or no SB, I feel that any one of these QB's is better RIGHT NOW than Flacco: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, Cutler, Newton, Ryan.

Some of those can obviously be argued, but I think it is clear that Flacco isn't a Top 10 QB no matter if he wins the Lombardi or not.

And then you have to wonder how far even the Meh QB's of the league have to jump to become Flaccos.

Obviously I was one that didn't think a Flacco had a chance in hell of winning it all or I wouldn't have made that stupid bet. I haven't decided yet if this would change my view of Flacco or Sam Bradford's chances at winning it all with the right team.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sports Media Vomit

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Hikohadon wrote:To HooDoo's point, there are many arguments that can be made here.

If Flacco wins, does that make him elite?

Was he elite before he won the SB?

Or is he still just the ordinary Joe that he always was, and does that bolster the concept that you don't need an "elite" QB to win a Ring (even though it obviously helps)?

SB or no SB, I feel that any one of these QB's is better RIGHT NOW than Flacco: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, Cutler, Newton, Ryan.

Some of those can obviously be argued, but I think it is clear that Flacco isn't a Top 10 QB no matter if he wins the Lombardi or not.

And then you have to wonder how far even the Meh QB's of the league have to jump to become Flaccos.

Obviously I was one that didn't think a Flacco had a chance in hell of winning it all or I wouldn't have made that stupid bet. I haven't decided yet if this would change my view of Flacco or Sam Bradford's chances at winning it all with the right team.


I'm not arguing this. No way. Not with someone that has Cutler, Wilson, Cam, Kaepernick and Eli in his group of elite guys and is arguing Flacco's not at least what they are if not much more than most of those guys.

RIGHT NOW (as you put up there) !!

You go ahead and craft whatever argument you think you need to make to fit your position. I give. Ordinary mopes can win it all because you think Flacco is ordinary and that Nope. Not gonna do it. You and I just need to not talk QBs. Because I think you're absolutely batshit crazy and I have no idea what you see or how you're looking at these guys.

Any guards out there we can talk about.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22623
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gbot and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gbot and 2 guests