Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Re-Welcome to Cleveland, Mike Lombardi

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Re-Welcome to Cleveland, Mike Lombardi

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Here's my beef. Lombardi has been cooling his heels in the media for the better part of the last decade. He admits in an interview he practically has been begging Belichick for a job but "things never worked out."

Cue a few days ago when Belichick hired one of the worst offensive minds in the history of the NFL to be an offensive assistant. You heard right, Brian FUCKING Daboll is now an offensive assisstant in New England.

So, to recap, for six years, Belichick coudldn't find a spot for his ol' buddy Mike Lombardi, but it only takes 10 minutes to give Brian FUCKING Daboll a job. The guy who routinely proved he thought running the ball BACKWARDS on 3rd-and-7 is a good idea.

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I'm just not drunk enough yet.

Whatever. In 2-3 years, Haslem/Banner are geniuses, or they're just the most recent set of assholes who couldn't find their dick in the shower. :bag:
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:07 am

I don't understand all the skepticism..........Lombardi brought us Touchdown Tommy Vardel!!!!!!!! :santa:
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 am

I'll give the guy a year or two.

It's not like I have a choice on the matter, but eh, again if the team goes south, I'll just try to put my sundays towards more productive/enjoyable uses of my time.

Look we know the pattern, we know the drill, inevitably the guy will make draft picks we'll hate, sign terrible free agents, act like an ass. you know the drill.

But, I don't know, I'll wait till after the draft, after game 1, after the season to fully stamp this guy as a complete idiot. He probably will end up being one, as will this coaching staff, but there's not much else we as a fanbase can do.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Toxicadam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:18 pm

I've been listening to Lombardi for years now on Bill Simmons podcast. He comes across as a level-headed guy whose ideas on Football are still stuck in the 90's.
Toxicadam

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Toxicadam wrote:I've been listening to Lombardi for years now on Bill Simmons podcast. He comes across as a level-headed guy whose ideas on Football are still stuck in the 90's.

Your views now mean less because you admittedly listen to Bill Simmons.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Ryan Mallett, anyone?

Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, new Browns VP of Player Personnel Mike Lombardi had Ryan Mallett rated as the top quarterback in the 2011 draft.
Mort expects the Browns to strongly consider a move for Mallett, but did note that Cleveland does not have a 2013 second-round pick after using it on Josh Gordon in the 2012 Supplemental Draft. If Lombardi truly desires Mallett, he could consider sending the Patriots a future first-rounder or future package of picks. Although Mallett has attempted just four career regular season passes, the Patriots aren't going to give him up for peanuts.

Rotoworld
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Jim Nantz has something to say about Mike Lombardi.
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/01/1 ... -lombardi/
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:Ryan Mallett, anyone?

Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, new Browns VP of Player Personnel Mike Lombardi had Ryan Mallett rated as the top quarterback in the 2011 draft.
Mort expects the Browns to strongly consider a move for Mallett, but did note that Cleveland does not have a 2013 second-round pick after using it on Josh Gordon in the 2012 Supplemental Draft. If Lombardi truly desires Mallett, he could consider sending the Patriots a future first-rounder or future package of picks. Although Mallett has attempted just four career regular season passes, the Patriots aren't going to give him up for peanuts.

Rotoworld

If we trade a first round pick for Ryan Fucking Mallett, I'm done.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:44 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:Ryan Mallett, anyone?

No, thanks. Trying to quit.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL