Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Chud The Pud

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby gameface » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:50 pm

peeker643 wrote: I think that's a great characteristic to have in a coach, especially after watching the Browns try and cram the square peg in a round hole and expend valuable resources trying to find a guy that woud fit their system as opposed to being versatile enough to adapt to some of the talent they have/had.


Pretty much in line with your take. As to your concern quoted above, check out these remarks from Chud. Might be lip service vs action, but at least he's saying the right things now.

"The thing is adjusting to who you have and what you do," he said. "The personnel groups you use may be a little bit different from year to year. And those adjustments I believe are the key to being successful on a year-to-year basis and finding roles for players that you have is critical."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... o_dis.html
gameface
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:53 pm

leadpipe wrote:
peeker643 wrote:So awesome:

Mike Cairns ‏@MikeCairns5
Browns Coach Chud has reached out to Derek Anderson about coming to Cleveland. DA very interested in coming here most likely as backup


My hear rate quickens at the thought of DA and his twin brother as the top two QBs on the roster.

So exciting!

And they're contemporaries given DA is just four months older. No generation gap!!


Could you imagine the sparks that would fly should Weeds and DA put their thoughts together. Hell, I thought a Shurmer/Marvin Lewis match-up had a chance to catch the Stadium of fire, but this would be a whole new level.

Look, I can't really bitch because I'm not even sure who the hell I wanted to coach, so long as it wasn't some 70 year old retread, but I gotta tell you, if I begin the fall of 2013 looking at a sideline which contains Weeds, DA, and Norv Turner - consider my confidence shaken.



Gotta say, I don't have an issue with Turner the OC. Much like I never had a problem with Romeo the DC. I think the Peter Principle is in play with those guys whereby they reach their ultimate level of usefulness as coordinators.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22624
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm

peeker643 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
peeker643 wrote:So awesome:

Mike Cairns ‏@MikeCairns5
Browns Coach Chud has reached out to Derek Anderson about coming to Cleveland. DA very interested in coming here most likely as backup


My hear rate quickens at the thought of DA and his twin brother as the top two QBs on the roster.

So exciting!

And they're contemporaries given DA is just four months older. No generation gap!!


Could you imagine the sparks that would fly should Weeds and DA put their thoughts together. Hell, I thought a Shurmer/Marvin Lewis match-up had a chance to catch the Stadium of fire, but this would be a whole new level.

Look, I can't really bitch because I'm not even sure who the hell I wanted to coach, so long as it wasn't some 70 year old retread, but I gotta tell you, if I begin the fall of 2013 looking at a sideline which contains Weeds, DA, and Norv Turner - consider my confidence shaken.



Gotta say, I don't have an issue with Turner the OC. Much like I never had a problem with Romeo the DC. I think the Peter Principle is in play with those guys whereby they reach their ultimate level of usefulness as coordinators.


I keep hearin' the "He'll be ok at coordinator." Which I understand to a degree - as in better than head coach. But It's not like his O coordinator record is any great shakes, I'm a little worried about the game changing on him, (As I remember, one of the knocks on him in that regard was he was a bit on the conservative side-which has me reflecing on 1980 again) and I can't shake the feeling - after watching him the last several years, that the guy's a dolt. The last time he was an O coordinator, the game was much different.

So, that's where I'm at with ole' Norv.

Again, no big deal. The last years have given me a "whatever happens, happens" outlook. But I just can't lie about perusing a sideline with those 3 guys on it nad not feeling all that great.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Pup - not sure you want to use KC and Buffalo to support your point. Chances are if they're doing it too, it's the wrong thing to do.

Everyone else - if bringing DA here gets Colt off the roster, Welcome Back, Mr. Anderson. Welcome back welcome back welcome back.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Dumbasses hired a dumbass to run a dumbass team.

Perfect.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Big Money Player » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 pm

[/quote]If they hired Pee Wee Herman nobody would know how this would work out. We'd all have out suspicions but we wouldn't know for sure.[/quote]

I'm 100% sure Pee Wee wouldn't be a good hire as Head Coach!

Am I sure he doesn't have AT LEAST a few creepy rain coats in his possession? Not so much...

Peeker, what say you if the 3-5 is suited? As you know, low, suited, 1 gappers always beat AA at The Leadquarters... I'll ask The Rat for his opinion and get back to you...
"You know who invented this game, don't you?!?!?"
User avatar
Big Money Player
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:58 pm
Favorite Player: Mike Piper
Least Favorite Player: The Rat

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Big Money Player wrote:
If they hired Pee Wee Herman nobody would know how this would work out. We'd all have out suspicions but we wouldn't know for sure.[/quote]

I'm 100% sure Pee Wee wouldn't be a good hire as Head Coach!

Am I sure he doesn't have AT LEAST a few creepy rain coats in his possession? Not so much...

Peeker, what say you if the 3-5 is suited? As you know, low, suited, 1 gappers always beat AA at The Leadquarters... I'll ask The Rat for his opinion and get back to you...[/quote]

You won't believe this Goose, so I'm sittin'....
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Plus, if Pee Wee was the coach Colt could borrow those platform shoes, and we'd be off and runnin'
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Big Money Player » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 pm

leadpipe wrote:Plus, if Pee Wee was the coach Colt could borrow those platform shoes, and we'd be off and runnin'


Nahhhh, even if he was 10 inches taller he would still throw quick slants 3 yards behind the receivers!

Many years of turds in Browns uni's are really beginning to get to me, as are the idiots that INSIST the bad players we draft are bad because of the coach or the scheme or the offensive line or the barometric pressure in Cleveland... Funny when said players go elsewhere (assuming someone else will have them) they still stink...

Plumbers plumb, Construction workers construct and Midwest Liasons uhhhh anyway...not sure what my point is other than taking a stab at Peeker...

Ahhh the situation specific poker stories...I'd rather get a icepick in the eye than hear another one of those... :hide:
"You know who invented this game, don't you?!?!?"
User avatar
Big Money Player
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:58 pm
Favorite Player: Mike Piper
Least Favorite Player: The Rat

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Big Money Player wrote:Peeker, what say you if the 3-5 is suited? As you know, low, suited, 1 gappers always beat AA at The Leadquarters... I'll ask The Rat for his opinion and get back to you...


I don't play it even then BMP. Now, when the guy that plays it against my AA flops A-2-4 and then we're off and running. And I go to designated dealer two cards later.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22624
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Big Money Player » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Big Money Player wrote:Peeker, what say you if the 3-5 is suited? As you know, low, suited, 1 gappers always beat AA at The Leadquarters... I'll ask The Rat for his opinion and get back to you...


I don't play it even then BMP. Now, when the guy that plays it against my AA flops A-2-4 and then we're off and running. And I go to designated dealer two cards later.


Right on! Has a tendency to do bad things to weak minded folk... :gah:
"You know who invented this game, don't you?!?!?"
User avatar
Big Money Player
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:58 pm
Favorite Player: Mike Piper
Least Favorite Player: The Rat

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:45 am

After having some time to reflect upon this hiring, one quote keeps popping into my mind.

"Maybe he has a good side to him too that I entirely fuckin' missed. It's always fuckin' possible, drunk as I am fuckin' continuously."

- Calamity Jane
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:59 am

bookelly wrote: Next thing you know, he'll be fucking with the uniforms. Expect to see a flying" J " on the helmet boys. 'Cause the hick train has arrived.


...........they are changing the uniform........but not the helmet.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Cardinals DC Ray Horton expected to become Browns new DC. And as @MikeSilver reported, Todd Bowles expected to become DC in Arizona.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22624
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Wish I could be as enthusiastic as I was this morning about it, but seriously Lombardi ruins everything.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Bump

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22624
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Toxicadam » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 pm

My post a year ago:

Toxicadam wrote:This is a terrible choice and it doesn't surprise me that Browns fans will talk themselves into liking it. Just as important as being an Xs and Os guy is being a leader. This dude is not a leader and evidence of that is never getting a good sniff at being a coach the whole time he has been in the league.


The only consolation is that he is a better choice than Whisenhunt. So, at least there is that to be happy about.



:clap:
User avatar
Toxicadam
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 am

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Toxicadam wrote:My post a year ago:

Toxicadam wrote:This is a terrible choice and it doesn't surprise me that Browns fans will talk themselves into liking it. Just as important as being an Xs and Os guy is being a leader. This dude is not a leader and evidence of that is never getting a good sniff at being a coach the whole time he has been in the league.


The only consolation is that he is a better choice than Whisenhunt. So, at least there is that to be happy about.



:clap:


Are you really applauding yourself?

Again?

No reposts of you calling the Browns and anyone on this board fools for not agreeing with you about how great Mark Sanchez was gonna be?
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I almost feel kind of good about this. Now I don't have to give a shirt at all about anything the Browns do. They are beyond hope.

If at some point, whether it be in a year, five years twenty years, they get luckynand bumboefuckmtheir way into not completely sucking, ill be back.

But 16 Sundays just opened up completely for me. So that's hard to beat.


From Jan 10th

Why don't I listen to myself? I'm usually right about everything. How much better would my autumn have been if I'd only listened to myself?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Toxicadam » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:22 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Are you really applauding yourself?

Again?

No reposts of you calling the Browns and anyone on this board fools for not agreeing with you about how great Mark Sanchez was gonna be?
[/quote]


I said Mark Sanchez was far better than both the guys we had on our roster (Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson) at that time.

and I was right.

:clap
User avatar
Toxicadam
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 am

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:20 pm

Toxicadam wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
Are you really applauding yourself?

Again?

No reposts of you calling the Browns and anyone on this board fools for not agreeing with you about how great Mark Sanchez was gonna be?



I said Mark Sanchez was far better than both the guys we had on our roster (Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson) at that time.

and I was right.

:clap[/quote]

You went well beyond that. In multiple posts.

And Mark Sanchez is CLEARLY not better than Dereck Anderson, which goes to show you how wrong you were.

But hey, I was just trying to save you from being "that guy" - but considering how you are going to spin this and congratulate yourself AGAIN, perhaps I'll let things go that are beyond hope.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests