Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Return of DA?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

The Return of DA?

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:12 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: The Return of DA?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:19 pm

No...
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Like I said in another thread, if him coming means the end of Colt McCoy, it's a great start for Chud.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm

While I'm not endorsing Colt McCoy, if they bring back the monumental suck that was DA once the rest of the league figured him out, I'm done with Chud and the new owners.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 pm

justmebd wrote:While I'm not endorsing Colt McCoy, if they bring back the monumental suck that was DA once the rest of the league figured him out, I'm done with Chud and the new owners.

The NFL didn't have to bother figuring Colt out since he has less game than a 300 lb 15 year old fry cook with horrible body acne, a two inch dick, and half inch thick fromunda cheese growing under his lower man boobs.
Hikohadon

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:56 pm

municipalmutt

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:35 pm

:hide:
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby pup » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:40 pm

“@KeithBritton86: Speculation from others #Browns looking at bringing back D Anderson. Source says "haven't heard that name come up". Previously told "no way"”
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Should just make DA the starter. Way more experience than the other DA.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Hate to say it but what's the point of having a DA when you have a Weeden even though you have a Colt?

I mean even if Weeden is only slightly better than DA, DA is still only slightly better than Colt (in many ways) and at least Colt would offer the slightest variation of a different look if he had to play.

Colt has no business starting in this league, but neither does DA, and 9 months from now we might find out Weeden doesn't either.

Unless I'm missing something new on DA, did he find God or something?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 am

If you plan on running a vertical passing offense, that eliminates Colt. I would think you would have QBs on your roster with similar skill sets that match your offensive philosophy. Drafting Weeden and running a WCO offense was a head scratcher. We got a glimpse of the WCO in the last game of the year with Lewis at the helm. Colt is ineffective in any offense and DA is almost as bad for other reasons. Our only option at this point is Weeden and that idea sucks right now too.
municipalmutt

Unread postby pup » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 am

That should not be on the defense.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby mistero » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am

Duh and Duh.
You guys deserve the double duh.
DA is a perfect back up to Weeden. He has the same skill set and knows Chud's offense.
It's a perfect fit. Weeden, DA, and developmental rookie.

McCoy,Thadeus, and JJ have to go.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:43 am

mistero wrote:Duh and Duh.
You guys deserve the double duh.
DA is a perfect back up to Weeden. He has the same skill set and knows Chud's offense.
It's a perfect fit. Weeden, DA, and developmental rookie.

McCoy,Thadeus, and JJ have to go.

No doubt. Perfect if you want two dumb statues with no touch. Not so perfect if you hope to win. Might have to petition the league for two weeks between games so Dumb and Dumber and Dumb's wife can digest the game plan.

Gonna be great!!!

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 am

But our rookie QB is the QB of the future for us. He's a rookie.
DA is a washed up vet.

DA is 4 months older than Weeden.

"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:06 am

FUDU wrote:I at least Colt would offer the slightest variation of a different look if he had to play.

I guess dropping back, panicking, running around in a circle and either taking a sack or throwing the ball in the dirt IS a different look.

So is a chimpanzee.
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:20 am

Well, whatever "honeymoon Capital" Pud had is gone. Set the timer now for Jan 13, 2016. :bunny:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby mistero » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:50 am

Weeden got drafted in the 1st round for a reason, and it wasn't because Heckert was a moron.

Weeden can play aggressive downfield vertical offense. Shurmer's offense was a completely terrible fit for his skill set. I expect Weeden to thrive in 2013 and to hold down the starter's spot for many years.

Anderson is not going to take Weeden's job, but you want a back up that can come in and run the same offense as the starter.

Are you guys just trying to see who can be more negative than the next? What happened to the gleam?
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 pm

mistero wrote:What happened to the gleam?

Joe Banner called it "his precious" and ran off with it to hide in the mountains.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mistero » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:22 pm

In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:02 pm

mistero wrote:Weeden got drafted in the 1st round for a reason, and it wasn't because Heckert was a moron.

Not completely. It was because Holmgren and Heckert were idiots and Shurmur was in the corner obediently being quiet. Ass-saving reach is what it was.

Weeden can play aggressive downfield vertical offense. Shurmer's offense was a completely terrible fit for his skill set. I expect Weeden to thrive in 2013 and to hold down the starter's spot for many years.

Shurmur's offense was a terrible fit. Hopefully Chud's fits better for a guy with little touch, no mobility, who can't audibilize, gets trapped under a flag, has his wife assist with his game plan prep, a big arm and no ability to read an entire field. If it does, LOOK OUT PLAYOFFS!!!

Anderson is not going to take Weeden's job, but you want a back up that can come in and run the same offense as the starter.

That's tremendous. I DO want a Weeden clone to come in who has little touch, no mobility, who can't audibilize, has a big arm and no ability to read an entire field and who throws 98mph fastballs at the feet of his hot reads and checkdowns. If it does, LOOK OUT PLAYOFFS!!! Makes the transition easier for all of us.

Are you guys just trying to see who can be more negative than the next? What happened to the gleam?

Sorry you were brain dead for the last 15-25 years. Had to be a horrible head injury. Don't like to see that at all. Glad to see you made it back from the abyss and have regained motor function.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
FUDU wrote:I at least Colt would offer the slightest variation of a different look if he had to play.

I guess dropping back, panicking, running around in a circle and either taking a sack or throwing the ball in the dirt IS a different look.

So is a chimpanzee.

Ouch, harsh Hik, Colt does not throw the ball straight into the dirt...he usually skips it there.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:32 pm

mistero wrote:Weeden got drafted in the 1st round for a reason, and it wasn't because Heckert was a moron.

He got drafted in the first round cause everyone on GGE that doesn't have a QB, is reaching for a QB, cause, and these playoffs are clearly showing - nothing else the hell matters.

And I'm not sure what offee Weeden has proven he can run - outside of the "Big12 guys running wide open" offense, that many QB's, that have proven to be not good, have been quite efficient in running.

Again, a mulligan I'll give him is being saddled with Pat Shurmers 1982 offense, but I'm not sure where the optimism lies at this point.

There's being negative, and being real.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 pm

He's got a year, and that's it.

If not, play the guy you drafted late the last 4 games, and then go draft another QB in the first until you get it right.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Please tell me they aren't seriously considering bringing back DA

I realize that we have gone through a shit load of QB's, Coordinators and HC's the past 10 years but is it really so bad that we need to bring back even more of these guys that were shitty the last time they were here? Is the list of available guys so limited that we have to resort to our prior failures?

I mean isn't it better to give the opportunity to someone that is new who has been properly evaluated by professionals as having a reasonable chance to succeed then recycling failed guys from the past?

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 pm

It's been 24 hours and no one else has taken this story and ran with it, nobody is adding to it, and no one is talking about it.

So I'm hoping that means it was a baseless rumor Channel 5 jumped the gun on. We'd be better off with an aged and addled Bernie Kosar than DA.

At least Bernie would have enough smarts to read the defense and throw the ball away before he got sacked instead of panicking and throwing an interception.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Like I said before: Weeded = DA junior. If Chud is going all-in on a passing offense based around Weeden's alleged skills, it'd be stupid not to pick up DA for the vet min as the #2 QB. Also, if the previous sentence happens, I'm carving 3 hypocycloids into the side of my head. I would seriously rather have a QB competition between Tim Tebow and Thad Lewis running the read-option than a Weeden/Anderson tandem.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 am

justmebd wrote:At least Bernie would have enough smarts to read the defense and throw the ball away before he got sacked instead of panicking and throwing an interception.

I contend that Bernie never threw the ball away to avoid a sack. He took the sack constantly. I also contend that he took the sack to protect his completion percentage. I know, all of you Bernie fans will now jump all over me. Fine with that.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 am

justmebd wrote:It's been 24 hours and no one else has taken this story and ran with it, nobody is adding to it, and no one is talking about it.

The News Herald ran it today

http://news-herald.com/articles/2013/01/14/sports/nh6432895.txt?viewmode=2
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 pm

General wrote:Well, whatever "honeymoon Capital" Pud had is gone. Set the timer now for Jan 13, 2016. :bunny:

Seems like an optimistic timeline to me.

CleSportsTruth

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL