Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Chud The Pud

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Chud The Pud

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 am

You're right guys, these idiots just keep embarassing themselves.

Hate away.

I'm going to watch and see how it plays out first, so you'll have lots of ammo in 9 months when the Browns are 2-4 to say, "I told you so, njah njah! they do suck!"

Very easy to predict the Browns being terrible and offering who you'd have preferred to hire, but i'm looking at it pragmatically and saying that they tried to get their first few options, failed, and have taken the next best guy they had on their board.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:You're right guys, these idiots just keep embarassing themselves.

Hate away.

I'm going to watch and see how it plays out first, so you'll have lots of ammo in 9 months when the Browns are 2-4 to say, "I told you so, njah njah! they do suck!"

Very easy to predict the Browns being terrible and offering who you'd have preferred to hire, but i'm looking at it pragmatically and saying that they tried to get their first few options, failed, and have taken the next best guy they had on their board.

You really don't get it.

If Chud goes 16-0 next year that doesn't change the fact that this entire hiring process was a hugely embarassing failure. That fact is written in stone, now and forever and will never change.

If their scratch ticket cashes for $250,000 that's fucking great for the team and the city, but make no bones about the fact that they didn't even buy a $10 scratch ticket, they settled for the $1 variety because their aunt's Christmas check bounced and they were far more broke than they realized.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Exactly:

The Browns failed to do what they said they were going to do (almost bragged they were going to do)

and now....

The fans are left with "maybe he'll work out!!!" as their trump card.

It is what it is and that's pretty telling.

Well I disagree about the degree of public address, but I'm not on Tweeter either.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Not ready to christen Chudzinski the next Messiah, nor pile on him as a pathetic slob.

But now we've got a CEO who's never been very involved in player procurement and a head coach who's never been involved with player procurement at all. Add the rumored Lombardi to that twosome as GM, and you've got a plateful of chopped liver.

Say it ain't so, Joe.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm

peeker643 wrote:So you want the tickets?

Let me know where we can meet to get it done.

If I had the cash and priorities for season ducats? Sure.

But seriously, it's perfect really. Your post and pics are the perfect representation of Cleveland Browns fan. Wipe the goo off your chin and take a bow.

Yes, because any attempt to think of any Browns hire with even a hint of optimism and curiosity is knobslobbing. Good grief, you don't even know how much of a caricature you've become.

As Lee said, no idea what he'll do here. He could be General Patton when we look back. But the facts are he was fired here because he was meh and he was meh in Carolina with a very good 2011 and a very bad 2012.

Defenses can't figure out DA: Not Chud. Defenses figure out DA, guys get hurt, Ken Dorsey starts: Chud's fault. Cam starts slow: Chud's fault. Cam finishes strong: Not Chud. Right. Got it.

Chud could be Payton or Tomlin or McCarthy, or he could be McDaniels or Haley or Schwartz. Right now, he's as much a cipher as any of them. Superman ain't out there. There's always gonna be risk and reward, and none of it matters if Weeden isn't the guy or the guy who replaces Weeds isn't the guy.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that Browns Fan is fine with him. They're fine with everything.

Yeah, damn shame we're not above it all like you. Christ, no wonder we're talking Indycar here anymore.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:You're right guys, these idiots just keep embarassing themselves.

Hate away.

Don't go the martyr route. You're too good for that.

Why settle? If choice one is gone why not talk to McCoy and Roman and McDaniels again if you're interested enough to bring them up in the first place. You can't fall back to Chud and rinse that taste through the mouths of people who know better.

And we all know better.

Now that it's done, yes, you hope they captured lightning in a bottle and he's the next McCarthy or Harbaugh or whatever. But to say there's any indication at all that that's who he is is being disingenuous. He was a settle and a guy they may have taken because guys still out there weren't looking to CLE as their optimal landing spot. Or they panicked.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:If Chud goes 16-0 next year that doesn't change the fact that this entire hiring process was a hugely embarassing failure.

Re-read that, re-read it again, and then someone stamp it on top of the front page so everyone can read it and laugh when they stop by.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm

This is without a doubt a meh hire. Almost certainly an upgrade over Shur, but that isn't hard.

The reality here is that yet again, a Cleveland sports team failed to get their guy and was forced to gamble. No one here has any idea how Chud will do. Coaches are too unpredictable. No one would have though that Shur would have been that bad either.

The indictment here is the quote at the end of the ESPN article, that this hire is just like the last regime. Just another Cleveland whiff. That is the part that scares me. And we all knew that was coming as soon as Chip Kelly skipped the second interview. So anyone who was paying attention should have already lost faith with this regime and should not be surprised now.

Be upset that yet again, Cleveland was unable to attract known talent. To be upset about anything else here is to not be paying attention.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Or some of them just aren't interested in moving from their current position.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120802/article/josh-mcdaniels-to-stay-with-new-england-patriots

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:If Chud goes 16-0 next year that doesn't change the fact that this entire hiring process was a hugely embarassing failure.

Re-read that, re-read it again, and then someone stamp it on top of the front page so everyone can read it and laugh when they stop by.

Again, it doesn't change shit. It just will make it easy to forget that they had to settle for plan 5D.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Again, it doesn't change shit. It just will make it easy to forget that they had to settle for plan 5D.

And why the hell would anyone care if they had to settle for plan 283Z if we're hoisting silver?
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 pm

FUDU wrote:Or some of them just aren't interested in moving from their current position.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120802/article/josh-mcdaniels-to-stay-with-new-england-patriots

No doubt. I'm sure Belichik told him to go put himself out there and try and find a head coaching gig while the rest of the Patriots prepared for the playoff run.

And he just doesn't want to move into a HC job.

Or....

Maybe he doesn't want a gig with an organization that keeps stepping on it's dick.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Or some of them just aren't interested in moving from their current position.

No doubt. I'm sure Belichik told him to go put himself out there and try and find a head coaching gig while the rest of the Patriots prepared for the playoff run.

Or....

Maybe he doesn't want a gig with an organization that keeps stepping on it's dick.

I'm most certain the Browns were the only org that had any interest in him, matter of fact I am positive.

FUDU

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:34 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby dpdad » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Wait till Chud finds out he doesn't have Cam Newton at QB. Not thrilled with this hiring at all.
dpdad

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Or....

I'm most certain the Browns were the only org that had any interest in him, matter of fact I am positive.

Then go back to paragraph one Donny. Open the old eyes.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I will feel better if Norv Turner is handling the OC duties, I'll say that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 pm

He was a settle and a guy they may have taken because guys still out there weren't looking to CLE as their optimal landing spot. Or they panicked

This is absolutely true. Lee, I agree that they tried to get Options 1, 2, and 3 and failed. I get it. No argument that Chud was likely their 5th or 6th option.

Haslam said in the presser that he was shocked about how public the process was; don't think he really wanted the attention he got, and hope he learned a lesson from it. (Don't beat your chest, because you look retarded when you swing and miss)

I'm not letting those failures influence my opinion of the Chud hire, which I actually approve of. Like I said earlier, would have preferred the guys they had lined up as option 1 and 2, but I never expected those guys to come to Cleveland anyway to an org that, as succinctly pointed out earlier, can't stop stepping on it's own dick. (Maronne = Chud, as far as I'm concerned. Same amount of experience, at least Chud has called his own plays in the offenses he's been a part of)

If you continue to make smart personnel decisions and draft well, if Chud sucks, the team wont be a laughing stock in 3 years and a better candidate may be interested in coming here. As it currently stands, the skill players they do have are more upside than substance and the QB is feh. Chud/Roman/Horton was the best of the choices I saw them being able to land, anyway.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Rob Chudzinski, the Panthers' offensive coordinator, will be introduced as the Browns' head coach on Friday. You can read that last sentence again and it's still not going to change. It's a surprise and a letdown all rolled up into one confusing announcement. I'm not guaranteeing that Chudzinski will fail. I'm not saying he's a bad choice. Chudzinski simply wasn't the coach that the Browns were talking about when the search began 11 days ago. That's where the disappointment comes from. .........................

Exactly. That's it in a nutshell.

Yeah, that's fairly accurate. But that disappointment came a week ago. That disappointment came when Joe Banner was hired. After they whiffed on Chip, any guy they got was going to be viewed as meh, any guy they got was going to be Weeden to "Mr. Big Splash's" RG3.

I'm numb to it. Wait and see.

It probably helps I had to take a valium this morning.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Too many posts...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Exactly:

The Browns failed to do what they said they were going to do (almost bragged they were going to do)

and now....

The fans are left with "maybe he'll work out!!!" as their trump card.

It is what it is and that's pretty telling.

Word.

And BTW, if you were going for re-tread fired guy, I would believe Lovie+Norv >>>>>>>>>>>>> Chud+Norv
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

I do know that I'm gonna try like hell not to hold the fact that Jim Bob and Gollum are retards against Chud.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm

I don't know.

The franchise is for the lack of a better word, dogshit. This is not an attractive job, despite Haslam and Banner trying to do everything to the contrary.

You have to play with the cards you're dealt, hopefully this guy does alright and doesn't go Pat Shurmer pt. 2

Just, wait and see I guess. My expectation level is extremely low.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Chud/Roman/Horton was the best of the choices I saw them being able to land, anyway.

Add in McCoy too. Process(tm), however, dictated putting the coach before filling out the PPD staff and every day without that staff was a day not getting ready for free agency and the draft. Jimmy 'n Joe wanted their guy sooner rather than potentially right after Super Bowl Sunday, so no Roman and McCoy and here we are.

If they made the wise decision, well, we'll have to wait and see.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Triple-S wrote:I don't know.

The franchise is for the lack of a better word, dogshit. This is not an attractive job, despite Haslam and Banner trying to do everything to the contrary.

You have to play with the cards you're dealt, hopefully this guy does alright and doesn't go Pat Shurmer, Mangini, Romeo Terry, Butch, Palmer pt. 2

Just, wait and see I guess. My expectation level is extremely low.

FIFY
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Once they missed on Chip they should have just folded the franchise, right?

There was only one candidate out there worth hiring, be it Chip or BOB, or Marrone or whomever your flavor was before the process started. Once that guy was off the board they should have gone and kidnapped that fool.

Unless you are sitting in that room and hear the interview, I am sorry but you do not have the first fucking clue if this decision makes sense. I find it hard to believe, knowing that some have made hiring decisions, that each and every time the guy with the shiniest resume gets picked. Or if you knew of the candidates the one you thought would be the best coming into the interviews got the job every time. Why interview? Just have everyone interested submit a resume and pick.

The biggest reason going into this hiring I felt comfortable with the process is the fact the guys conducting the interview have hired and fired other professionals at this level. They know what success looks like. They know what it sounds like. There is skill to making these kinds of decisions at this kind of level.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Pup, hiring your sixth choice isn't the core of the sin, it's the bullshit they fronted before they didn. I really can't make this any clearer. Don't act like you have some incredible product that no one will be able to turn down only to get dick kicked by your top three choices.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mistero » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 pm

The sky is falling! I hate my grandparents for ever having my parents! Ahhh!

The horror! The horror! :bunny:

44 year old, offensive guru with strongs ties to the Cleveland Browns getting a chance to be the HMFIC after a solid career as an NFL position coach and coordinator.

Sign me up.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:29 pm

pup wrote:Once they missed on Chip they should have just folded the franchise, right?

There was only one candidate out there worth hiring, be it Chip or BOB, or Marrone or whomever your flavor was before the process started. Once that guy was off the board they should have gone and kidnapped that fool.

Unless you are sitting in that room and here the interview, I am sorry but you do not have the first fucking clue if this decision makes sense. I find it hard to believe, knowing that some have made hiring decisions, that each and every time the guy with the shiniest resume gets picked. Or if you knew of the candidates the one you thought would be the best coming into the interviews got the job every time. Why interview? Just have everyone interested submit a resume and pick.

The biggest reason going into this hiring I felt comfortable with the process is the fact the guys conducting the interview have hired and fired other professionals at this level. They know what success looks like. They know what it sounds like. There is skill to making these kinds of decisions at this kind of level.

Lee has it right. It's not Chud per se (well, it kinda is with me) as much as it is with the whole "new sherriff in town" pronouncement.

“Jimmy just answered that the top quality in a coach that we’re going to look for going forward is somebody with some really strong dynamic leadership. I think there was also an element of feeling the need to kind of maybe create a fresh energy and a fresh start. Sometimes something new, even if it it’s not any better, can create that kind of momentum and energy so I think it was things like that.” - Joe Banner

I especially like the "new, even if it's not better" line. That's epic.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 pm

pup wrote:Once they missed on Chip they should have just folded the franchise, right?

Unless you are sitting in that room and here the interview, I am sorry but you do not have the first fucking clue if this decision makes sense. I find it hard to believe, knowing that some have made hiring decisions, that each and every time the guy with the shiniest resume gets picked. Or if you knew of the candidates the one you thought would be the best coming into the interviews got the job every time. Why interview? Just have everyone interested submit a resume and pick.

Yup. Totally agree with this.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:11 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Pup, hiring your sixth choice isn't the core of the sin, it's the bullshit they fronted before they didn. I really can't make this any clearer. Don't act like you have some incredible product that no one will be able to turn down only to get dick kicked by your top three choices.

That is about as big of a pile of crap as you have ever put out there. So had they skipped the presser before this started, Chud could be a good hire?

Or should they have some out and said "we don't know if we will be able to get anyone to take this shitty job so we are just going to put feelers out and beg someone to take it!"

Do I believe they were 100% convinced going in they were getting their guy (Chip)? Yes I do. I believe, just like everyone else out there reporting such things, that Chip was coming to the NFL and I believe they had been discussing it with his agent for months. I guess they could have made him take a lie detector test, but at the end of the day they guy they did believe was coming and was going to make that splash fucked them right in the earhole. His right to do, but fucked them either way.

So again, at that point...what the fuck are they supposed to do? Quit? Was O'Brien really a contender? Came in, sounds like had a great interview, but most thought he was going back to PSU regardless and he was making a power play. While shit was still hot on the coals for Kelly, should they have panicked and hired Marrone? Then had Kelly go to Philly and today's witch hunt would have taken place a week ago? Again, when Marrone signed, they still had every indication that Chip was coming to town.

They interviewed their list. After interviewing Chud, brought Whisenhunt in and gave him a 2nd interview. Obviously they were more impressed with Chud's first than with Ken's 2nd. Zimmer was a great option, but there was never an indication they thought a defensive guy was the answer, so was he really an option?

Still, nobody turned down the Browns that did not also turn down other opportunities.

Give me the 5 choices above Chud that had any realistic shot at taking ANY NFL job.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Pup, you don't ride into town pretending that you have the single greatest thing since sliced bread and anyone and everyone would be lucky to be a part of it only to fail.

They set the expectations of the fans and they own them. They failed to deliver what they promised. No. Matter. What.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Pup, you don't ride into town pretending that you have the single greatest thing since sliced bread and anyone and everyone would be lucky to be a part of it only to fail.

They set the expectations of the fans and they own them. They failed to deliver what they promised. No. Matter. What.

Fantastic.

So any choice they make is shit because they went for the home run and struck out.

Never offered someone a job and they said no?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Pup, I like your stuff here. And while there is a YMMV factor in how the hiring process played out:

Your home run reference is useful. Say you stand at the plate, on national TV. You pause, and dramatically point your bat to the outfield as if you will now go yard. You instead proceed to go deep in the count before smacking a dribbler that isn't clearly a base hit. You have invited any ridicule you receive.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 pm

As I said in the first place, the entire process and charade was a ridiculous failure.

Chud's just Chud, no matter what he becomes their bullshit ended up being nothing more than bullshit. It's more of the same and another scratch ticket (of the clearance aisle type).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Pup, hiring your sixth choice isn't the core of the sin, it's the bullshit they fronted before they didn. I really can't make this any clearer. Don't act like you have some incredible product that no one will be able to turn down only to get dick kicked by your top three choices.

I get that. But once that happened, what were they supposed to do at that point?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

I get that. But once that happened, what were they supposed to do at that point?

Exactly what they did, go home with their tail between their legs and hire someone.

They fucked up and sold the city a complete and utter load of bullshit. Now they better pray they picked the right "other guy" to make up for it, or they'll have fucked up twice.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 pm

mistero wrote:The sky is falling! I hate my grandparents for ever having my parents! Ahhh!

The horror! The horror! :bunny:

44 year old, offensive guru with strongs ties to the Cleveland Browns getting a chance to be the HMFIC after a solid career as an NFL position coach and coordinator.

Sign me up.

Now he's an offensive guru?

I can't believe how fast Cleveland is talking (deluding) themselves into this hire. I'll probably end up right there with you eventually, because I'm a weak-willed asshat, but at least it will take me a few days. Have some goddam dignity, fer christ sake!

Guru... ::doh::

;-) ;) :wink:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm confused.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Chud/Roman/Horton was the best of the choices I saw them being able to land, anyway.

Add in McCoy too. Process(tm), however, dictated putting the coach before filling out the PPD staff and every day without that staff was a day not getting ready for free agency and the draft. Jimmy 'n Joe wanted their guy sooner rather than potentially right after Super Bowl Sunday, so no Roman and McCoy and here we are.

This is my main problem with Jimmy Joe at this time. They had some guys in mind that would be their big splash and then they had their Lombardi backups. Well, they missed o the Big Splashes and got surprised when their Lombardi backups went to Happy Valley and Buffalo.

Sure, you lok stupid, you're left with your pud in your hand. So you reboot and do a proper search.

Yet they couldn't wait for Roman or McCoy to become available, couldn't wait to give Zim his second interview, couldn't wait for Arians to get out of the hospital, bc Chud wowed you so much you just had to have him right fucking now? Was Chud in such high demand that you would lose him by waiting a week or two? Did you overreact to losing Marrone?

Basically, they whiffed on Coaching Hire Tactic #1 (go straight after your guy) then fucked up Coaching Hire Tactic #2 (conduct a proper search).

Again, I'm not holding what Jimmy Joe done against Chud since it's not his fault they suck. Bad GM's accidentally pick great players from time to time. But damn if it doesn't kill any faith y'all had in any decision Jimmy Joe makes (if you had any in the first place).

Good luck, Chud. You'll need it with these jackasses in charge.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Exactly what they did, go home with their tail between their legs and hire someone.

They fucked up and sold the city a complete and utter load of bullshit. Now they better pray they picked the right "other guy" to make up for it, or they'll have fucked up twice.

Yup, because when bullshit is the only thing left to sell...

I'm just surprised so many people are buying so much of it so fast. I thought I'd wake up today and buildings would be on fire. Instead I'm getting everything from "better than Shur" to "not the worst hire" to "let's see how it plays out" and now we've already gotten to "offensive guru"

All before the end of the first work day.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Just sitting here, chuckling at how Jimmy 'n Joe 'failed' because they didn't aspire to the lofty expectations placed on them by Twitter and 92.3.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Just sitting here, chuckling at how Jimmy 'n Joe 'failed' because they didn't aspire to the lofty expectations placed on them by Twitter and 92.3.

They failed because they spent 4 days in Arizona gobbling Chip-cock and came home without even getting a reacharound.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Just sitting here, chuckling at how Jimmy 'n Joe 'failed' because they didn't aspire to the lofty expectations placed on them by Twitter and 92.3.

Now this is just flat schilling.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:56 pm

When you call your shot, you can't pin that on the media.
googleeph2

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

This is my main problem with Jimmy Joe at this time. They had some guys in mind that would be their big splash and then they had their Lombardi backups. Well, they missed o the Big Splashes and got surprised when their Lombardi backups went to Happy Valley and Buffalo.

Sure, you lok stupid, you're left with your pud in your hand. So you reboot and do a proper search.

Yet they couldn't wait for Roman or McCoy to become available, couldn't wait to give Zim his second interview, couldn't wait for Arians to get out of the hospital, bc Chud wowed you so much you just had to have him right fucking now? Was Chud in such high demand that you would lose him by waiting a week or two? Did you overreact to losing Marrone?

Basically, they whiffed on Coaching Hire Tactic #1 (go straight after your guy) then fucked up Coaching Hire Tactic #2 (conduct a proper search).

Again, I'm not holding what Jimmy Joe done against Chud since it's not his fault they suck. Bad GM's accidentally pick great players from time to time. But damn if it doesn't kill any faith y'all had in any decision Jimmy Joe makes (if you had any in the first place).

Good luck, Chud. You'll need it with these jackasses in charge.

Assuming I am not speaking out of line- Any interest in fleshing this out in screenplay format, and having it posted on the front page?
googleeph2

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 pm

motherscratcher wrote:They failed because they spent 4 days in Arizona gobbling Chip-cock and came home without even getting a reacharound.

They failed because they said one thing and no sooner do they have an interest in Kelly than what they said is magically transformed into 'Chip Or Bust'. That's all on them and not on 'inside sources' feeding the chuckleheads on Twitter, or the other chuckleheads on 92.3, or the drones manning the deck chairs on the R.M.S. PDtanic. That front page headline on Yahoo! Sports proclaiming Oregon already had a succession plan in place? Straight from the lips of Joe Banner himself.

Shilling my ass. The Process(tm) may have screwed us over again if Roman or McCoy turn out to be a better choice.

At the very least, I just hope they both learned a valuable lesson about how things go down in this town.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Yet they couldn't wait for Roman or McCoy to become available, couldn't wait to give Zim his second interview, couldn't wait for Arians to get out of the hospital, bc Chud wowed you so much you just had to have him right fucking now? Was Chud in such high demand that you would lose him by waiting a week or two? Did you overreact to losing Marrone?

Stepping back, the more I see the more I think they wanted their guy ASAP. They all but had a limo waiting for Kelly right after the Fiesta Bowl. Less panic, much more impatience?
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm

“We don’t believe that there’s any job in the league that’s going to be available that could tell a better story about why you want to come to this particular team, to this particular city,” Banner said. “We go into this extremely confident that we can go after the top people available and that we have a very good chance of being successful in convincing them that this is the right situation. Most of these top coaches are focused on finding a place where they think they can win, and we think we can make a very good case why this is the best opportunity in the league right now.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Haslam-Banner-recognize-opportunity/b66b58b7-e657-4a17-84cc-744a44dbd577

Lofty expectations set forth by Banner himself.

I don't know if Chud is Halas or Kotite but I think you can agree he was not on the list of top coaches being sought out.

In the posted article^ Haslem said they could find their guy in a week or it could take a month, he didn't know. I think the snub by Chip after nearly going all in on him and the backlash he received city wide almost forced them to make this hire, whether it had been Chud, Wis, or Zimmerman
Last edited by Larvell Blanks on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Lies Lavell! Twitter wrote that speech!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

PreviousNext