Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

SAMCRO

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

SAMCRO

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Sons starts a new season tonight. Anyone still in?

I'd like it if they picked up right after Abel was taken and pretended like last season never happened. But I'm willing to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I'll probably watch tonight, but this is historically one of the shows that I let pile up on the DVR and then watch in a marathon.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby Spin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:21 am

Haven't watched since Season Two. It reminds me of Rescue Me. It started out really good. But the writers thought it needed "more".

Rescue Me really worked as an action/comedy. But in season 2 they thought they had to get crazier. And crazier. And crazier. Until it ended up so far from reality, I'm glad it's over so they can quit fucking it worse by the week.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby hiko » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:04 am

I must say that I have no idea how you guys find the time to keep up with all these series.

I'm not criticizing, I just find it hard to keep up with 1 or 2.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby pup » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:57 pm

hiko wrote:I must say that I have no idea how you guys find the time to keep up with all these series.

I'm not criticizing, I just find it hard to keep up with 1 or 2.


Shit, I am having a hard time keeping up with the abbreviations used on these boards to talk about these series, let alone the series themselves.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Wait a few weeks. It's going to be a great run of shows.

Boardwalk Empire returns and of this month.

The Walking Dead in October

Spartacus in December

The Borgias in January

Then Game of Thrones in March.

I never watched Sons, but it's on Netflix so I might give it chance.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:07 am

Season has started out fantastically.

And only three of those five shows you listed don't suck CDT.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:09 am

And if you want to talk about upcoming shows, I've been excited about Homeland on Showtime for months and Boss on starz looks bad ass.

Dunno if I'll have time to watch em all, but we'll see. The lack of NBA this year will certainly open up my schedule. Well that and my inevitable losing interest in the NFL in a couple of weeks.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Season has started out fantastically.

And only three of those five shows you listed don't suck CDT.



Mmmmmmmm..... No, dickwad, every show I listed is great. You don't like it, go fuck yourself.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

For anyone still watching, season 5 of SONS is the best season since season 2. They took the bullshit copout "reveal" at the end of season 4 and really turned it into something. Jimmy Smits has been a good addition. The story is progressing and there is some real momentum. Good season all around.

With Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire enjoying their best seasons to date, the SONS re-emerging, Justified starting up again in about a month, followed by Game of Thrones, and straight into Breaking Bad...

It sure is a wonderful time to be a lazy fuck sitting in front of a TV. :thumb up:
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:55 pm

The only problem with cancelling cable is FX's president refusing to use Hulu and having to wait to watch the shows until a year later.

Though Justified may be worth season passing.

Even AMC shows I can watch through the XFinity App a day later on my XBox without a cable sub. Only stupid ass FX blocks everything.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm

WTF is with FX? They are always feuding with everyone. They cut a deal at the 11th hour a year ago to stay on DirecTV. They aren't on Hulu. Didn't they just have a thing with Dish Network too?

Why is this shit so hard?

Tis season of Sons is really good, but nothing I'd say you HAVE to watch rit away, though. I would definitely spring for Justified, though.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Meh, or wait until next summer when both are on Netflix.

The Hulu thing I kind of get too, it's the refusing to be on the cable company ap that really confuses me.

Like I can even watch Scyfy on that App (if you want to watch a fun ass time killing show on Netflix, Hulu, Demand, whatever, Alphas Season 1 and 2 were great fun, like really great fun)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Just started watching this on Netflix.

Should I just skip right over seasons 3/4?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:43 pm

3 for sure.

Probably 4 as well.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 pm

SOA is a strange case. Season 1 was good and season 2 was outstanding. At that point I thought it would be a great show going forward. Then season 3 happened and it kind of sucked. I figured it was a great show and season 3 was the outlier. now I think its a pretty good show and season 2 was the outlier. But I still watch all of the episodes and like the show better than most other things on TV. But it's no Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Not close.

So, you can do like e0y says and skip 3. 3 did suck. And if you skipped 4 you'd be OK too. Season 4 was better than 3, but it had a bullshit trainwreck of a finale. Personally, I'd watch both of them because, even though the stories are lacking, I like some of the characters, and there are things that would help you to understand the characters better. Plus, I don't think you'd think it was a complete waste of time to watch them, if you did, even though it's a big drop off from season 2.

Basically, I'm a completist. So that's what I recommend.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 pm

motherscratcher wrote:SOA is a strange case. Season 1 was good and season 2 was outstanding. At that point I thought it would be a great show going forward. Then season 3 happened and it kind of sucked. I figured it was a great show and season 3 was the outlier. now I think its a pretty good show and season 2 was the outlier. But I still watch all of the episodes and like the show better than most other things on TV. But it's no Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Not close.

So, you can do like e0y says and skip 3. 3 did suck. And if you skipped 4 you'd be OK too. Season 4 was better than 3, but it had a bullshit trainwreck of a finale. Personally, I'd watch both of them because, even though the stories are lacking, I like some of the characters, and there are things that would help you to understand the characters better. Plus, I don't think you'd think it was a complete waste of time to watch them, if you did, even though it's a big drop off from season 2.

Basically, I'm a completist. So that's what I recommend.


This might be the most non-sensical, stream-of-concious rambling pile of crap ever posted on this site.

And that's saying something.

I had to read this three times to make any sense of it.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Season 2 was great. Season 3 sucked. Season 4 was better but still not great.

I still think it's worth the time to watch them.

Now piss off, I'm posting between patients here.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Obviously when you are posting inbetween patients using the most words possible, repeating yourself whenever possible and basically flicking off the entire concept of "brevity" makes sense.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:SOA is a strange case. Season 1 was good and season 2 was outstanding. At that point I thought it would be a great show going forward. Then season 3 happened and it kind of sucked. I figured it was a great show and season 3 was the outlier. now I think its a pretty good show and season 2 was the outlier. But I still watch all of the episodes and like the show better than most other things on TV. But it's no Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Not close.

So, you can do like e0y says and skip 3. 3 did suck. And if you skipped 4 you'd be OK too. Season 4 was better than 3, but it had a bullshit trainwreck of a finale. Personally, I'd watch both of them because, even though the stories are lacking, I like some of the characters, and there are things that would help you to understand the characters better. Plus, I don't think you'd think it was a complete waste of time to watch them, if you did, even though it's a big drop off from season 2.

Basically, I'm a completist. So that's what I recommend.


This might be the most non-sensical, stream-of-concious rambling pile of crap ever posted on this site.

And that's saying something.

I had to read this three times to make any sense of it.


I agree with everything both of you said.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:27 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Obviously when you are posting inbetween patients using the most words possible, repeating yourself whenever possible and basically flicking off the entire concept of "brevity" makes sense.


Image
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Downton Abbey FTW bitches
User avatar
Love child of shawn kemp
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am
Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Re: SAMCRO

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:48 pm

If anyone watches anything on Netflix it should be effin Friday Night Lights.

My old school father just finished season one and is hooked on the first TV show he's ever been hooked on (besides Deadwood, which doesn't count because he has a Western thing).
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher


Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests